Elektra vs Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
No prep.

weapons are permitted (Gambit only has two deck of cards and his staff).

Who takes its smokin'

Marvelknight
smoke Anyone?

BruceSkywalker
Is this Skrull Elektra or the real thing?

Marvelknight
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Is this Skrull Elektra or the real thing?

The real Elektra.

psycho gundam
*tsk**tsk*, this looks like a........

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3580/alaskafishingem1.th.jpg

Marvelknight
Originally posted by psycho gundam
*tsk**tsk*, this looks like a........

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3580/alaskafishingem1.th.jpg

I'm not trying to bait anyone. I thought it would be a good topic.

Battlehammer
hmm interesting, not sure who wins.

carnage52
elektra pwns remmy.

draxx_tOfU
does Remy have peak human agility and reflexes or borderline superhuman?...

still, 2 decks is 104 cards, Remy could take this...

Apolloknight
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
does Remy have peak human agility and reflexes or borderline superhuman?...

still, 2 decks is 104 cards, Remy could take this...

From what I understand he has superhuman agility.

This is actually a decent fight.

Marvelknight
Gambit with the slight majority.

Eel O'Brian
I'd go with Gambit for the slight majority

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
I'd go with Gambit for the slight majority

Agreed. However I think Elektra is a better fighter. I wonder who's faster and who has the better reflexes. It's hard to judge.

YFZ 350
Gambit.

srankmissingnin
Elektra 10/10. Faster. Stronger. Significanly more skilled. Telepathic.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Hell no.

Mindset

Except this fight isn't just hth.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
Except this fight isn't just hth.

It will be, Elektra will get up in Gambit's grill the moment the fight starts... and it won't last long after that.

Mindset
It will be, Elektra will get up in Gambit's grill the moment the fight starts... and it won't last long after that.

Yea, that depends on the distance they start apart, and even then Gambit is fast enough to react and survive in close combat long enough to use his cards

Apolloknight
Yea, that depends on the distance they start apart, and even then Gambit is fast enough to react and survive in close combat long enough to use his cards

Marvelknight

Agreed.

srankmissingnin

Elektra moved so fast that she disarmed Punisher while he was staring at her without him even noticing. Seriously, she walks all over the Cajun... and would even if she couldn't read his mind.

StyleTime
Elektra is quite fast, but Gambit has caught a bullet before. Even if you want to say she's faster, she shouldn't be able to speedblitz him for a 10/10.

Mindset
Elektra moved so fast that she disarmed Punisher while he was staring at her without him even noticing. Seriously, she walks all over the Cajun... and would even if she couldn't read his mind.

I'm not really seeing how speedblitzing Punisher is at all proof that she could speedblitz Gambit before he could react.

The Real Wolvie
I'm not really seeing how speedblitzing Punisher is at all proof that she could speedblitz Gambit before he could react.

She didn't speedblitz punisher - she removed an object off of him without him noticing. This is a combination of speed and skill that ninjas are known to master. It's not just pure speed though - if Superman ripped something out of your hands, you would surely notice unless he developed the skill to pull it out without realizing. Slight of hand, ninja "magic" etc...this is not a real feat of speed at all.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
She didn't speedblitz punisher - she removed an object off of him without him noticing. This is a combination of speed and skill that ninjas are known to master. It's not just pure speed though - if Superman ripped something out of your hands, you would surely notice unless he developed the skill to pull it out without realizing. Slight of hand, ninja "magic" etc...this is not a real feat of speed at all.
Yes, the point is it's not proof she could speedblitz Gambit.

Marvelknight
Yes, the point is it's not proof she could speedblitz Gambit.
Agreed. Punisher is nowhere near Gambit in speed.

jinzin
And gambit is no where near Elektra in sheer speed.

With two decks and a decent distance apart, Gambit can certainly put up at least a little bit of a fight. Though I rather think that he'll see that he blew Elektra up in the fight and wake up in his bed a day later. Later the X-men will explain to him that he stopped mid-fight like a zombie, and Elektra nerve-pinched him unconscious...

Marvelknight
Originally posted by jinzin

With two decks and a decent distance apart, Gambit can certainly put up at least a little bit of a fight. Though I rather think that he'll see that he blew Elektra up in the fight and wake up in his bed a day later. Later the X-men will explain to him that he stopped mid-fight like a zombie, and Elektra nerve-pinched him unconscious...
Gambit has superhuman reflexes.
http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gambit01239ar.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gambit01244wm.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gambit01251mx.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gambit01268ag.jpg

Apolloknight

No where near? Isn't Elektra peak human at best.... erm

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Marvelknight
Agreed. Punisher is nowhere near Gambit in speed.

Punisher might not be anywhere near Gambit's agility and movement speed but his reaction time and combat speed are EASILY on par with Gambit if not superior.

Eletkra is faster then Gambit. She is more skilled then Gambit. She can read his thoughts and will know everything Gambit is about to do before he does it. She can mess with his mind and trap him in a ninja illusion and take him out while he is in a day dream. Elekra wins easily.

jinzin
Originally posted by Apolloknight
No where near? Isn't Elektra peak human at best.... erm

laughing out loud

Nah, she moves faster than Cyborg eyes can record..... 12 feet underwater.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie

... what?

Punisher was standing in front of her and she moved so fast he didn't even notice. Slight of hand is about distraction, deception and subtlety, moving so fast you statch a gun out of the hands of someone who is staring right at you is speed not slight of hand... it's speed.

And regarding the nonsensical Superman comment: do you think Punisher saw Elektra had his gun an was like "Well gosh, is that my gun?" Nope, he noticed he didn't have his gun anymore because he wasn't holding it (humans have this sense known as touch)... Elektra was just much faster then Punisher could think/react and she was holding his gun before he realised that anything had happened.

Apolloknight
laughing out loud

Nah, she moves faster than Cyborg eyes can record..... 12 feet underwater.

So she is superhuman?

jinzin
So she is superhuman?

When it comes to speed, yes her feats are grossly superhuman.

srankmissingnin
The only possible excuse for thinking that Gambit wins this, would be that your only experience with Elektra is from reading Daredevil v1... and if that is the case, why even post in this thread?

Mindset
Punisher might not be anywhere near Gambit's agility and movement speed but his reaction time and combat speed are EASILY on par with Gambit if not superior.

Eletkra is faster then Gambit. She is more skilled then Gambit. She can read his thoughts and will know everything Gambit is about to do before he does it. She can mess with his mind and trap him in a ninja illusion and take him out while he is in a day dream. Elekra wins easily.

Yea, Punisher's speed in no way is on the level of Gambit in any area and definitely not higher. Gambit has peak human physical attributes, except strength.

He also has a level of immunity to tp.

Apolloknight
When it comes to speed, yes her feats are grossly superhuman.

Ok, I can accept that. But her bios do state she is peak human, but as we know, bios can be meh at best.

But, I still want to wait to hear Daredevil1's veiw of ekektra, he seems to know alot about her lower showings.

jinzin
The only possible excuse for thinking that Gambit wins this, would be that your only experience with Elektra is from reading Daredevil v1... and if that is the case, why even post in this thread?

Even THEN that wouldn't make sense as she was outpacing DD and Bullseye in both of their first fights. erm

Maybe it's if their only knowledge comes from DD covers or something. erm

Battlehammer
I think gambit being a little underrated here..............

jinzin
Ok, I can accept that. But her bios do state she is peak human, but as we know, bios can be meh at best.

But, I still want to wait to hear Daredevil1's veiw of ekektra, he seems to know alot about her lower showings.

Yeah I know. Which is odd. They also say she has limited/no mental projection on the same level as every other melee combatant which is down right absurd. Meh, oh well.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I think gambit being a little underrated here..............

Mindset
^I agree

Metalmanx
I actually agree with Battlehammer, too. The planets must be in allignment or something. wacko

Gambit is immune to telepathy. One of Elektra's most powerful offensive abilities is now rendered useless.

And Gambit has performed numerous superhuman feats as well. His mutation has enhanced him beyond peak human in most physical aspects (save for strength, it seems), such as speed, agility, stamina, and reflexes. He's also an extremely skilled martial artist, using his physical abilities, acrobatics, and great martial arts abilty to make him a very dangerous opponent. Then add the fact that Gambit is a highly skilled marksman (ESPECIALLY with cards), and seems that Gambit now has the advantage.

Battlehammer

Phantom Zone
Er so what evidence are we using that Elektra is faster than Gambit?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Er so what evidence are we using that Elektra is faster than Gambit?

lets see she has speed blizt punisher...........speed blizt some one under water.........deflect machine gun firer with sia's.......while in mid air.........

Phantom Zone
lets see she has speed blizt punisher...........

Which proves nothing. It only happened once and Punisher eventhough hes fast hes probably the slowest street leveler.

speed blizt some one under water.........

Ok thats good.

deflect machine gun firer with sia's.......while in mid air.........

You know what if I had a dollar for everytime I saw Gambit blocking bullets with his staff I would be rich. Im pretty sure hes blocked gunfire while in mid-air. Hell he does it so often you take it for granted.

So basically you don't have any evidence. I mean are we supposed to decide that Elektra is faster than Gambit because she moved fast underwater?

Battlehammer

Phantom Zone

jinzin
Silver Samurai.

Mindset
I could speed blitz him

jinzin
I could speed blitz him He can block multiple small arms fire with the edge of his blade.. no expression

Metalmanx

StyleTime
I own pretty much every issue gambit has ever been in. I know what he done. He never block machine gune firer the way Elektra did. He blocked a few bullets mostly from hand guns and never in the way Elektra did.

I've got to ask for some clarification on this. What do you mean he didn't block the way she did? How many ways are there to block fully automatic firearm assaults?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by StyleTime
I've got to ask for some clarification on this. What do you mean he didn't block the way she did? How many ways are there to block fully automatic firearm assaults?

Exactly.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by StyleTime
Makes sense to me.

Mindset
He can block multiple small arms fire with the edge of his blade.. no expression What's your point?

You're not here to reply, I accept your concession.

Juk3n
Gumbo's reflexes and agility are enough to counter a blitz from Elektra, he's a good enough fighter for her to think twice about attempting a blitz me thinks. Gumbo 7/ a barrage of charged cards might be sloppy but blast radius and all that, i think he injurs her before she - him.

occultdestroyer
Elektra mindrapes Gambit

Juk3n
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Elektra mindrapes Gambit

immune i believe

Silent Master
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/109730966_3e2b68782d.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/109730968_21070f7f48.jpg

Metalmanx
I still say Gambit FTW.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Juk3n
immune i believe
Proof?

Silent Master

StyleTime
Gambit isn't competely immune in his natural state, but he is extraordinarily resistant, as stated by Professor X himself. However, it seems he can become completely immune to telepathy if he wants to. Gambit has used a charged card to make himself "total static" to both Jean Grey and Professor X mentally.

I don't think Elektra's telepathy could bypass Gambit's defenses if Jean and Charles have problems doing it.

Darth Martin
Gambit takes this.

H2H Elektra would rape him, but considering all Remy has to do is touch Elektra and shell will get blown up. Plus, the fight will never get that close. Gambit has basically 112 grenades and he has expert range throwing them. Yeah, he's that good. Also his collapsible adamantium bo-staff has got range on Elektra's sais.

Mindset
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Gambit takes this.

H2H Elektra would rape him, but considering all Remy has to do is touch Elektra and shell will get blown up. Plus, the fight will never get that close. Gambit has basically 112 grenades and he has expert range throwing them. Yeah, he's that good. Also his collapsible adamantium bo-staff has got range on Elektra's sais.

And couple with the fact he has peak human physical stats, aside from endurance I believe, and he is a pretty good hth fighter.

Juk3n
And couple with the fact he has peak human physical stats, aside from endurance I believe, and he is a pretty good hth fighter.

i thought his reflexes and agility bled over JUST into the low end of Super human..can't remember where i read it though.. confused

Mindset
Does it really matter?

Peak human basically do low super human feats anyway.

hunter_blake05
elektra

Wei Phoenix
Gambit. He'll catch a sai and throw it back with an extra charge.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Gambit. He'll catch a sai and throw it back with an extra charge.
If he catches it, either his hands will rip off the bone or his entire body gets thrown away by the pressure.

Wei Phoenix
meh...its a comic book and RL physics don't work in the MU.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
If he catches it, either his hands will rip off the bone or his entire body gets thrown away by the pressure.

Uh...wha? What the f**k?

snoopdogg
Gambit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.