Supermans weakness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Is his weakness (kryptonite) a bit....rubbish for a hero with his kind of power or was it the perfect weakness for superman to have?

WrathfulDwarf
The Perfect weakness.

Most superheroes don't even have weakness and makes them look dull.

See DBZ.

batmanfan136
I think it's a great weakness because its a part of krypton so its like a part of his history its simbolic

Endless Fool
No its a pathetic weakness. Oh noes little green rocks...im dying....lol Superman is a *****

Mindship
Originally posted by steverules
Is his weakness (kryptonite) a bit....rubbish for a hero with his kind of power or was it the perfect weakness for superman to have? It's clever, and apparently necessary...as long as it's not used as a plot device.

batmanfan136
its not like its his only weakness

Alucard951753
Like batmanfan136 said. Its not his only weakness. Its the one that kills him the fastest but he can still die by other stuff. Like Darkside. Darkside can kill him so no its not really a great weakness but then again its not really the worse one.

Magee
His greatest weakness is his humanity. It's the plot device used which holds him back from operating at full power.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Mindship
It's clever, and apparently necessary...as long as it's not used as a plot device.

Not to be pedantic, but doesn't it have to be a 'plot device' by definition of "plot" and "device"

Mindship
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Not to be pedantic, but doesn't it have to be a 'plot device' by definition of "plot" and "device" Plot device in the sense of not arising logically from character action or story background but rather determined by writer whim to move a story along. For example: is kryptonite rare or easily found? If it's rare, then only certain very capable individuals should be able to get a hold of it, as opposed to some Joe Thug who keeps it in his coat pocket in case you-know-who shows up.

Combat_Guru
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Perfect weakness.

See DBZ.

Everything has a weakness, even DBZ characters.

X-43D
Superman's main weaknesses are kryptonite and magic but other strong forces like Darkseid's Omega effect can also hurt him.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by batmanfan136
I think it's a great weakness because its a part of krypton so its like a part of his history its simbolic

I agree.he's got to have something that makes him vulnerable.

ragesRemorse
i think supermans best weakness is science.

zeel
supermans greatest weakness is his overall compassion for all living life. If hes was more ruthless he would be almost physically unbeatable by any mortal.

marwash22
Originally posted by zeel
supermans greatest weakness is his overall compassion for all living life. If hes was more ruthless he would be almost physically unbeatable by any mortal. i disagree, in part. Sure he kinda gay but compassion cant kill him, the little green rock can, which makes it his greatest weakness.

Da Joker
It's okay...at times I dislike it but it's okay at times. I just think it's used a bit too much. They should probably introduce some kind of new weakness.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The Perfect weakness.

See DBZ.

Hahahahaha, you know, not being invincible and therefore beatable in fair fight, is certainly much better than an idiotic imaginary weakness you need, to make the character a bit more acceptable. Superman is an extremely dull character in most forms and his weaknesses do little to make him more interesting.

emporerpants
except supes can be beaten without someone using his weaknesses...

Bardock42
Originally posted by emporerpants
except supes can be beaten without someone using his weaknesses...

Yeah, just hardly.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by X-43D
Superman's main weaknesses are kryptonite and magic but other strong forces like Darkseid's Omega effect can also hurt him.

The Omega Effect acts differently with Kryptonians. There is something in their physiology that makes them vulnerable to their technology. There is also the case in which a mother box can alter their abilities. So I think New Gods technology with Kryptonian powers could be more powerful than previously thought.

RevoWution™©®
It's an excellent weakness, because otherwise Supes would be virtually indestructible. Not to mention he'd boring and so would the comics, cuz nothing would be able to stop him.

Endless Mike
Except for Doomsday, Darkseid, Bizarro, Mxyzptlk, Superboy Prime, Green Lanterns, Brainiac, Mongul, Daxamites, etc. ad infinitum

Really, most of his villains are at least as strong, if not stronger, than he is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.