Thanos vs. Herald Levelers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Thanos

vs.

Silver Surfer
GL Alan Scott
GL Hal Jordan
Superman
Firestorm

Some seem to think that because Thanos has no trouble with Surfer, he can take multiple Mid-High Herald levelers with no problem.

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks.

llagrok
Nigga it's Alan, you best change it.

nimbus006
Originally posted by llagrok
Nigga it's Alan, you best change it.

Fixed embarrasment

Soljer
Alan Scott shuts him down with the book while Superman probe-busts him.

batdude123
Originally posted by nimbus006
Thanos

vs.

Silver Surfer
GL Alan Scott
GL Hal Jordan
Superman
Firestorm

Some seem to think that because Thanos has no trouble with Surfer, he can take multiple Mid-High Herald levelers with no problem.

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks.

Thanos loses. erm

Mr. Slippyfist
Nigga it's Alan, you best change it. When did it become acceptable for cocaine-white people to use that word?

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
When did it become acceptable for cocaine-white people to use that word?

When Biceps started saying it.

batdude123

Since this is an internet forum, and is taken facetiously rather than with cruel intentions?

llagrok
Wait a minute....Bran is black?

batdude123
He's Canadian... of course he isn't. ermm

llagrok
I don't have a problem with black people.

Canadians on the other hand..... sick

batdude123
Shut up, honky. uhuh

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by batdude123
Since this is an internet forum, and is taken facetiously rather than with cruel intentions? That... doesn't make it acceptable, and the only thing you got is internet.

Mr. Slippyfist
I don't have a problem with black people.

Canadians on the other hand..... sick I don't even know where your country is.

batdude123
That... doesn't make it acceptable, and the only thing you got is internet.

I didn't say it was acceptable, however there's a significant difference between using it informally for comedic effect (bad comedy nonetheless) and using it for malicious intent. Especially when he just typed the word, rather than said it.

If you were truly offended by what llagrok wrote, then I feel sorry for you.

I don't even know where your country is.

He's Norwegian, so he has no real room to make fun of anybody else's country.

quanchi112
I didn't say it was acceptable, however there's a significant difference between using it informally for comedic effect (bad comedy nonetheless) and using it for malicious intent. Especially when he just typed the word, rather than said it.

If you were truly offended by what llagrok wrote, then I feel sorry for you.

He's Norwegian, so he has no real room to make fun of anybody else's country. It probably doesnt offend him but the point is it could offend someone and thats where the problem lies.

batdude123
Originally posted by quanchi112
It probably doesnt offend him but the point is it could offend someone and thats where the problem lies.

Nobody is going to be offended by it. If someone allows himself to be offended by a kid on an internet forum by simply typing that word without cruel intent, then he needs to rethink his priorities.

quanchi112
Nobody is going to be offended by it. If someone allows himself to be offended by a kid on an internet forum by simply typing that word without cruel intent, then he needs to rethink his priorities. Indeed but if someone is offended by it then theres a problem. You also open a pandoras box along with it. You could have in theory other posters using the word for comedic value as well. Again I dont care but I am just saying.

Also people get offended all the time on here when you make fun of their comic character. Lets just say comic book fans can be a sensitive bunch.

batdude123
Indeed but if someone is offended by it then theres a problem. You also open a pandoras box along with it. You could have in theory other posters using the word for comedic value as well. Again I dont care but I am just saying.

I see it fly all over the forums, tbh. Not saying it's right or correct, but getting upset over it is nothing short of ridiculous.

Also people get offended all the time on here when you make fun of their comic character. Lets just say comic book fans can be a sensitive bunch.

You fanboy. uhuh

quanchi112
I see it fly all over the forums, tbh. Not saying it's right or correct, but getting upset over it is nothing short of ridiculous.

You fanboy. uhuh I said people meaning not me. But when people insult Thanos I dont get upset I get even. shifty

draxx_tOfU
Thanos sucks...

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Thanos sucks...

stick out tongue mad mad mad I lied im pissed.

Mr. Slippyfist

If you were truly offended by what llagrok wrote, then I feel sorry for you. I know there is, and no, I'm not offended; I just asked when it became acceptable for that term to be used by someone as white as Llag.

batdude123
I know there is, and no, I'm not offended; I just asked when it became acceptable for that term to be used by someone as white as Llag.

People have their own opinions on the general potency of the word if it has an "er" or an "a" at the end of it.

Personally, I could care less.

nimbus006
When Biceps started saying it.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

This comment reminds me so much of Will Ferrell in both Anchor Man and Blades of Glory.

Marvelknight

Never. I'm Black and I wouldn't want someone who isn't black to address me using that word.

Soljer
Wow...

Anyone wanna get back on topic? Damn.

psycho gundam
thanks to lagrocks they were never on topic.

LordKaos
Originally posted by Marvelknight
Never. I'm Black and I wouldn't want someone who isn't black to address me using that word.

thumb up Mods flag people all the time for lesser insults, whether he used it to insult or to be funny is irrelevant, he should not have used it, it's inappropriate, and the defending of it just shows how many ignorant CRACKERS are on here.

llagrok
Nigga please.

Get the stick out your ass.

Ouallada

I agree. 99% of people would be fine with this, and would understand the lack of malice. It's the 1% that worries me. Chapman allegedly shot John Lennon as he thought the latter was the anti-christ. Ridiculous, but perspective and faith have never been perfectly correlated with being correct.

If everyone is fine with such a comment, then fine. If someone takes offence, simply apologise and move on. There isn't another way around.

Oh, and Thanos loses here, mainly due to Sentinel. He MIGHT take a couple of wins though.

starlock
Team for the win

llagrok
Originally posted by Ouallada
I agree. 99% of people would be fine with this, and would understand the lack of malice. It's the 1% that worries me. Chapman allegedly shot John Lennon as he thought the latter was the anti-christ. Ridiculous, but perspective and faith have never been perfectly correlated with being correct.

If everyone is fine with such a comment, then fine. If someone takes offence, simply apologise and move on. There isn't another way around.

Oh, and Thanos loses here, mainly due to Sentinel. He MIGHT take a couple of wins though.

I used it when talking to Nimbus, we're both mates.

I wouldn't use it when speaking to someone whom I don't know.

vlaaad12345
But its still ok when your black right.

nimbus006
Originally posted by LordKaos
thumb up Mods flag people all the time for lesser insults, whether he used it to insult or to be funny is irrelevant, he should not have used it, it's inappropriate, and the defending of it just shows how many ignorant CRACKERS are on here.

So what Llag said is "inappropriate", but the use of the word "CRACKERS" is perfectly appropriate? confused

I love the fact that you're calling out a poster for being "ignorant", and then completely destroy the whole basis of your argument by using a term such as "CRACKERS" in defense.

Clearly, Llagrock meant no harm when he made that comment while the same cannot be said for you. Next time, state your defense without bashing, and maybe you'll be taken seriously.

On topic: Team wins big grin

Lord Feron
Um idk what yall talking about but i reckon Thanos throws in the towel. Happy Dance

LordKaos
So what Llag said is "inappropriate", but the use of the word "CRACKERS" is perfectly appropriate? confused

I love the fact that you're calling out a poster for being "ignorant", and then completely destroy the whole basis of your argument by using a term such as "CRACKERS" in defense.

Clearly, Llagrock meant no harm when he made that comment while the same cannot be said for you. Next time, state your defense without bashing, and maybe you'll be taken seriously.

On topic: Team wins big grin

there was no bashing it was merely said to draw out more crap like this, "he was joking when he said nigga so get over it", but my use of the word cracker to illustrate just how inappropriate his comment was is seen as bashing, but the fact that he says nigga please to me is overlooked, I think I've made my point twice . If you can say he meant no harm then the same can be said for me. Next time you try to analyze a "defense" try looking up the word irony first. Thanos loses by the way.

LordKaos
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
But its still ok when your black right.

the reason why so many black people thinks it's ok to say it is because it is a derivative of a word created by non-blacks to insult us, many of the older black people in america who have only heard the word as an insult have been programed to yell it out at others within their race to mean just that. If a group of people want to take a word and redefine as a a smack in the face to those who have used it against them then it's their business and not the business of anybody outside of that group ie. you and everybody else who uses that inane argument to justify people outside of said groups using the word for fun or whatever, and one of the reasons Chappelle wanted to stop his show was because he wanted to take it in a direction that allowed for the word niggga to be used less as he found that by using it so often in his show made others believe it was ok to say it no matter who they were, the execs thought differently.
Heralds win

nimbus006
there was no bashing it was merely said to draw out more crap like this, "he was joking when he said nigga so get over it", but my use of the word cracker to illustrate just how inappropriate his comment was is seen as bashing, but the fact that he says nigga please to me is overlooked, I think I've made my point twice . If you can say he meant no harm then the same can be said for me. Next time you try to analyze a "defense" try looking up the word irony first. Thanos loses by the way.

If you read things in context, you would see that his words had no malice behind them. Where as when you said, "CRACKERS" you also used the word ignorant, and were directing at a group of people on this forum. Whether you meant no harm by it or not, I don't know, and don't care because I'm not offended by the word. However, I'm just pointing that the next you argue that something is offensive and "ignorant", don't turn around and do the very same thing.

If you were being ironic, or sarcastic then it's my fault for overlooking "context" (even though it wasn't apparent), and I apologize.

Either way, there was no harm done, and lets get on with the topic at hand. big grin

LordKaos
If you read things in context, you would see that his words had no malice behind them. Where as when you said, "CRACKERS" you also used the word ignorant, and were directing at a group of people on this forum. Whether you meant no harm by it or not, I don't know, and don't care because I'm not offended by the word. However, I'm just pointing that the next you argue that something is offensive and "ignorant", don't turn around and do the very same thing.

If you were being ironic, or sarcastic then it's my fault for overlooking "context" (even though it wasn't apparent), and I apologize.

Either way, there was no harm done, and lets get on with the topic at hand. big grin

his use of it without malice was not apparent to me because in my experience it has never been used by a white person (or most black people for that matter "nigga please" being the equivalent of shut the F up or get the F out of here) without the intent of being malicious, but I agree this is not the place, apology accepted now let us discuss comics and leave race issues to Fox and CNN. smile

llagrok
It's the intrawebs.

I'll use Nigga as much as I want when speaking to my friends. If our conversation offended you, take a hike.

Once If I refer to someone whom I don't know, as a "nigga" or a "cracka" then go ahead and shout inappropirate as much as you want. Then you'll be entitled to do so.

LordKaos
It's the intrawebs.

I'll use Nigga as much as I want.

Especially when speaking to my friends.

nobody told you, you couldn't use it but I'm not your friend so I'd appreciate you not using it in reference to me, and for your sake i hope all your friends are white, because even if you are with your friends and you come around most black people (especially in America) and they hear you say it that's grounds for instant and probably multiple beat downs.

llagrok
nobody told you, you couldn't use it but I'm not your friend so I'd appreciate you not using it in reference to me, and for your sake i hope all your friends are white, because even if you are with your friends and you come around most black people (especially in America) and they hear you say it that's grounds for instant and probably multiple beat downs.

Yeah, I'll do my best to stay out Harlem.

But it's so difficult you know, I tend to drive all the way there from Norway during the weekends.

Bad Ash231
Cracker please.

llagrok
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Cracker please.

HOW DAAAAARE YOU!!!!

Raoul
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Cracker please.

laughing

also, lets keep any racial shit to a minimum, alright?

llagrok
Originally posted by Raoul
laughing

also, lets keep any racial shit to a minimum, alright?

What's that, El Sexo?

Raoul
What's that, El Sexo?

heyyyy, i'm sexist, not racist, there's a difference...

llagrok
Originally posted by Raoul
heyyyy, i'm sexist, not racist, there's a difference...

Yeah, you'll get beaten by a 200 lbs woman named Midge instead of a chick named Monique.

nimbus006
his use of it without malice was not apparent to me because in my experience it has never been used by a white person (or most black people for that matter "nigga please" being the equivalent of shut the F up or get the F out of here) without the intent of being malicious, but I agree this is not the place, apology accepted now let us discuss comics and leave race issues to Fox and CNN. smile

No worries, and I really can't see Thanos winning against this team.

Too many fronts to defend.

They all can fly and incredible velocities, and have an array of versatile weapons at their disposal.

The Illuminati

I guess Marshall Mathers isn't getting any of your hard worked for coinage huh?

smokin'

Erik-Lensherr
Team.

Bouboumaster
Team.... of one!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.