My eyes are burning right now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grinning Goku
A co-worker of mine went on maternity leave in March and had her fourth child (I think) in Easter. She had a girl. This morning though, her baby died. Apparently, she fed her, burped her and put in her crib. She left the room for a while, came back and the baby wasn't breathing. The husband of another co-worker tried to resuscitate the infant, but nothing worked. Now I know some people are going to say stuff like this happens, but when I heard, I was so saddened and angered. I mean, you have rapists, murderers and pedophiles walking about to cause collective lifetimes of hurt. That girl didn't even have a shot at life. I feel so badly for her mother. The grief and guilt must be killing her. I'm sitting here trying to fight the tears but it's hard. She wasn't related to me or anything, but I can't help feeling crushed. Sometimes, I'm convinced there is NO justice in this world.

Neo Darkhalen
Well despite that you don't want to hear it, these things DO happen, cot death happens, and yes it is a shame, but you can't fight what happens...sorry to hear though. sad

My condolences.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
A co-worker of mine went on maternity leave in March and had her fourth child (I think) in Easter. She had a girl. This morning though, her baby died. Apparently, she fed her, burped her and put in her crib. She left the room for a while, came back and the baby wasn't breathing. The husband of another co-worker tried to resuscitate the infant, but nothing worked. Now I know some people are going to say stuff like this happens, but when I heard, I was so saddened and angered. I mean, you have rapists, murderers and pedophiles walking about to cause collective lifetimes of hurt. That girl didn't even have a shot at life. I feel so badly for her mother. The grief and guilt must be killing her. I'm sitting here trying to fight the tears but it's hard. She wasn't related to me or anything, but I can't help feeling crushed. Sometimes, I'm convinced there is NO justice in this world.

That's terrible. sad

chillybanana
That is awful sad
I cannot begin to understand how her parents must feel.

Selphie
I don't mean for this to be any sort of "these things happen" kind of answer, but the sudden death of infants is something that exists, and the medical field just can't seem to find the answer for it. It's a terrible thing, it really is. It's something any woman with child, or that wants a child would fear. It really is a shame.

~Wålshy~
thats really sad sad

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Selphie
I don't mean for this to be any sort of "these things happen" kind of answer, but the sudden death of infants is something that exists, and the medical field just can't seem to find the answer for it. It's a terrible thing, it really is. It's something any woman with child, or that wants a child would fear. It really is a shame.

agreed.

Mairuzu
horrible

WrathfulDwarf
I'm sorry to hear of such tragedy GG. Life is not easy....we have to live with sorrows. Hang in there.

McLovin
That sucks, GG.

Seems only the good die young.

Be strong.

Leo.M
That sucks. I feel bad for the mom the most. She'll never really get over this.

Yoshi Paradise
Sorry to hear about that, GG.

Hopefully, you'll be able to recover from this.

TRH
Very Sad.
My Condolences.

ScarletSpeed
That's a ****ing sin no expression

Schecter
s.i.d.s. is just ****ed. no warning signs, no precautions you can take...sorry for your friend's loss.

Selphie
I hope her other children will be okay too. When shit like this happens, it can screw up a mother's mentality, and she may act erratic near or towards the kids. Hope the family can cope.

Grinning Goku

Phucked Up
I know, Walshy. And I HATE funerals. Also, I've never been to a funeral for an infant, man. It just ain't right.

I've been to one, actually I was a Paul Bearer at one, and I would never wish it on anybody. That day was the hardest day I think I've ever had watching my baby cousin just laying there in her tiny pink coffin surrounded by her favorite toys. sad

McLovin
If my kids die before me, I think I'll just straight up blast myself.

I couldn't image what the mother is going through, GG.

Kelly_Bean
Must of been SIDS.
It happens when the baby is not properly positioned until a specific age in their crib.

Lt. Valerian
I know what it feels to lose a loved one. It is terrible, mate. sad I'm so sorry to hear that.

My best wishes for the parents, hopefully they will recover from this terrible loss.

S_D_J
The death of a child it's the most terrible that could happen
You think how is it fair that an Innocent child could die, when there are so many people in the world that deserve to be dead. Sometimes you think you'd wish you've died, instead of the Innocent kid.

Things like that could really make you question your own faith (whatever religion you may have)

I was once asked what I'd do if my baby brother were to die (he was about 8 months), I couldn't answer.

I was told this (something that got stuck with me, for better or for worse): What if, instead of thinking how unfair a child's death is, you were to think in the things that won't hurt the child anymore... the world is a cruel place that can and will try to hurt and corrupt anybody, the child would be in a better place, safe from it all...

sad

Hopefully the family would be able to get through this difficult time

My most heartfelt condolences

Kelly_Bean
This is why I'm 100% pro-life. Everyone deserves a chance at life. smile

gefallen_engel
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
This is why I'm 100% pro-life. Everyone deserves a chance at life. smile

very true!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.