Childhood + Parents..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LilyMaree
I was just thinking about it today. This morning when I woke up, looked out the window, saw in the next building a father tickling his son to get him out of bed (nursery school, I guess).

It reminded me of the times my father used to do that to me.
He'd pull me out of bed by my legs, turn me around and carry me on his hips. Sometimes even up on his shoulders.
I remember him taking me for ice cream, jogs in the park, teaching me how to ride my first bicycle. I miss those times.

Now we're all distant and hardly ever talk.

What about you guys?

Just a random question & thought.

Barker
Still live with my parents (High School) and I don't get tickled. uhuh

Mairuzu
My dad still kisses my cheek....

im almost 21 no expression

he has a moustache....

Mywi
I havent talked to either of my parents for a few years now. Blah..
I liked the way my parents used to be BEFORE they divorced. Taking walks in the park, having ice cream or listening to music with my father used to be great fun. So was cooking with my mother etc hmm But after the divorce (10 or 12 ? yrs ago) they both changed into no good, irresponsible nervous wrecks full of hate, hating even their children.. So now I dont miss them at all even if they would die this very second, it wouldnt make me shed a tear.

Mairuzu
rough

LilyMaree
Originally posted by Mywi
I havent talked to either of my parents for a few years now. Blah..
I liked the way my parents used to be BEFORE they divorced. Taking walks in the park, having ice cream or listening to music with my father used to be great fun. So was cooking with my mother etc hmm But after the divorce (10 or 12 ? yrs ago) they both changed into no good, irresponsible nervous wrecks full of hate, hating even their children.. So now I dont miss them at all even if they would die this very second, it wouldnt make me shed a tear.

Exactly. Except mine wasn't a divorce lol.
Now it's like I don't exist erm

Mairuzu
maybe you died a while back

Mywi
Originally posted by LilyMaree
Exactly. Except mine wasn't a divorce lol.
Now it's like I don't exist erm

I know the feeling ermm
So who do you live with now?

Peach
Haven't talked to or seen my dad in over 5 years.

JacopeX
I finally came to the conclusion......after all this time of experience.....that Family seperate you from your loved ones. Friends don't.

You see, before my Mother and Father Divorced, I lived a normal childhood where I had the two people I loved most in this world living with me in peace and happiness with no worries. But of course, when they divorced, my life turned upside down.....in a 720 degree angle. I lived in depression, fear, worriness, pain, and suffering all together mentally. From ages 7-13, I lived no childhood. Hence, I never had a real childhood. Today, I live more aware and I more asertive, making sure all the times where I should have done something, I will not have to dwell on that anymore. I will make sure these mistakes will never happen again between me and my parents such as having to move away from them. I am 16, about to turn 17, and I am clearly independent and verym ature for my age. I thank god for that, otherwise, I would not know what to do.

I see my dad once a week. I hardly see my mom since she is living in Lousiana until November.......Both parents are alive and I am living with guardians......Horrible, I know. sad

ScarletSpeed
I miss my Dadsad

gefallen_engel
haven't spoken to my dad in over 7 years, have no regrets over it either, even though he will probably be dead within a year, but I will always love him.

BruceSkywalker
I'm one of the lucky ones I guess, my parents have been married for 50 years.

Lt. Valerian
Well I'm 20, my parents have been married for 19 years, and I keep seeing them quite often, so I guess I'm lucky too.

50 years is a LOT.

Phucked Up
I find it's the opposite story with me, when I was younger I was never close to my father really. Now that I'm an adult I can talk to him like one and we can joke around and have fun without the stigma of father and son, more like friends.

My parents have been married for nearly 27 years, still happily together.

chillybanana
My parents got divorced when I was 8 and now I see my dad once a month or so for about an hour when we meet to have lunch because my stepmum doesn't like me- we have had fights and stuff and I'm not really welcome in their house anymore.
I was really close with my dad when I was younger and I miss it a lot.

LilyMaree
Originally posted by Mywi
I know the feeling ermm
So who do you live with now?

Alone in apartment. Well, with father but I see him like 2 times a week. And it's sad cause we live together. erm And he has this lady friend now.
Ugh...

I'm happy for you guys who have great parents, etc. smile I hope you guys appreciate it, or I'll stalk you down and become your adopted sibling haermm

Neo Darkhalen
I don't like my dad.

Kelly_Bean
I still remember a lot of those times and still smile when I see the home videos of us. I'm 19 and still live at home but I don't get picked up by my Dad anymore. I don't sit on my Dad's shoulders every morning while he's drinking coffee and watching TV and I just sit there goofing off and playing with the top of his hair. I don't sit in my Mom's lap and play little hand games with her anymore. I don't sit in my brother's lap and pull on his ears and make faces with him anymore.

The Grey Fox
My parents aren't married, but they have been together a long time (20 years or so). They argue a fair amount, but it's just trivial, they get along well most of the time.

Leo.M
I had great childhood. Aside from my dad stealing me from my mom. And other crap but its all okay. I live with my mom now and my dad lives like house away. laughing out loud

leonheartmm
parents are still married, pretty abusive relationship mentally and it used to be eve physically before. fight alll the time. my dad's an arrogant chavanistic sadistic pig with a very narrow egotistical mind, mums pretty traditional too and harrased i suppose. neither of them know me now or ever knew me. used to hate em to death, now they are just insignificant. still live with em cause thats how the culture here is i guess. dont really wanna but theres no way kids can {even though im like alomst 20} fare for themselves in this fn country anyhows. dont really consider em my parents but also hold no real grudges against em either. i hope my mum';s independant enough sumday to get a divorce and i hope both of live happily, in their own lives, not giving a **** about me. {yea, parents can be assholes alright smile , but obvoiusly not all of em}.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by LilyMaree
I was just thinking about it today. This morning when I woke up, looked out the window, saw in the next building a father tickling his son to get him out of bed (nursery school, I guess).

It reminded me of the times my father used to do that to me.
He'd pull me out of bed by my legs, turn me around and carry me on his hips. Sometimes even up on his shoulders.
I remember him taking me for ice cream, jogs in the park, teaching me how to ride my first bicycle. I miss those times.

Now we're all distant and hardly ever talk.

What about you guys?

Just a random question & thought.

My dad is in town and stayed with me this weekend. He bugged the shit out of me at times. But I still love the guy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.