Thanos & Darkseid Vs. All-Star Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deadspeak25
No prep. . .fighting on a deserted planet. Who wins?

quanchi112
Spitey spite.

fangirl101
All Star will be seeing stars.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by fangirl101
All Star will be seeing stars.

Spite.

h1a8
All Star will one shot these guys easily. Do you know how strong he is?

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
All Star will one shot these guys easily. Do you know how strong he is? Not strong enough for Thanos. It doesnt surprise me you would say this. Darkseid is up there while Thanos is on a whole other level. Thanos can imprison him in an energy field which defeats Superman anyways. Spitey spite.

Bouboumaster
Spite. Thanos matter manipulate Sup's ass.

The Illuminati
All Star will one shot these guys easily. Do you know how strong he is?

no expression

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not strong enough for Thanos. It doesnt surprise me you would say this. Darkseid is up there while Thanos is on a whole other level. Thanos can imprison him in an energy field which defeats Superman anyways. Spitey spite.

Do you realize that you are assuming that Thanos can't be knocked out by sufficient force.

If Thanos can be knocked out by sufficient force then why isn't All Star strong enough to do it in one punch?

What makes you think he isn't strong enough?

h1a8
All Star will hit Thanos in the face before Thanos can blink.
Then Thanos would be out for the count.

Supes lifted 300 quadrillion tons effortlessly with his weak hand.
Come on Supes lifted a half a million ton key like it was a feather. Imagine if one was to drop a half million ton key on top of Thanos head. He would be fu$cked.

quanchi112
Do you realize that you are assuming that Thanos can't be knocked out by sufficient force.

If Thanos can be knocked out by sufficient force then why isn't All Star strong enough to do it in one punch?

What makes you think he isn't strong enough? Thanos treats peers of Superman like children. Thanos encases him in energy block, or beats him down,or mindrapes him. Darkseid can sit this one out as he isnt even needed.

redhotrash
You havent seen any of All Star Superman's obscene feats have you? Thanos was killed by a punch from a guy who couldnt lift 1/100th of what All Star Superman can. So essentially its a punch that could basically vaporize him thrown by a guy who moves faster than the speed of light. Thanos was tagged by Gamora who couldnt even process how fast All Star Supes could move. I dont particularly like it, but yeah Thanos and Darkseid are dont seconds after the bell rings.

quanchi112
Originally posted by redhotrash
You havent seen any of All Star Superman's obscene feats have you? Thanos was killed by a punch from a guy who couldnt lift 1/100th of what All Star Superman can. So essentially its a punch that could basically vaporize him thrown by a guy who moves faster than the speed of light. Thanos was tagged by Gamora who couldnt even process how fast All Star Supes could move. I dont particularly like it, but yeah Thanos and Darkseid are dont seconds after the bell rings. Drax was created to kill Thanos. He changed recently with his latest resurrection. To put it plainly he was Thanos' kryptonite and no one else could replicate this feat.

Supes dies quickly.

redhotrash
Did you even read my post? You dont seem to understand how stupid overpowered they made him. 300 quadrillion tons with his off hand... 3,000,000,000,000,000 tons... with a single hand, and he wasnt maxed. What kind of punch do you think he can throw when he lifts that much, while moving at the speed of light?

deadspeak25
Thanos' kryptonite and no one else could replicate this feat.

Supes dies quickly.

You like Thanos, I understand that he's totally bada$$, but you really need to take a look at All-Star before you start saying that he will "die quickly" From the way you make it sound Thanos in your mind is totally invincible aside from Drax.

Here is All-Star arm wrestling two "gods" at the same time. . .and he asks if he should start pushing?

quanchi112
Did you even read my post? You dont seem to understand how stupid overpowered they made him. 300 quadrillion tons with his off hand... 3,000,000,000,000,000 tons... with a single hand, and he wasnt maxed. What kind of punch do you think he can throw when he lifts that much, while moving at the speed of light? Thanos has shields that Drax bypassed due to his special powers. Bet you didnt know that. He isnt breaking through his forceshields and if he did Thanos has survived a black hole,Thor,Odin,Maker,Galactus,etc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by deadspeak25
You like Thanos, I understand that he's totally bada$$, but you really need to take a look at All-Star before you start saying that he will "die quickly" From the way you make it sound Thanos in your mind is totally invincible aside from Drax.

Here is All-Star arm wrestling two "gods" at the same time. . .and he asks if he should start pushing? So because hes good at armwrestling he has a chance....NO.

deadspeak25
Here's what happens after he starts to "try" he break both of their arms and the island underneath them starts to sink. . .while he's whistling.

quanchi112
Here's what happens after he starts to "try" he break both of their arms and the island underneath them starts to sink. . .while he's whistling. That it?

Endrict Nuul
Spitey spite.

deadspeak25
that's it? I realize this is a debate and you are not required to state/show anything other than your opinion, but if this were a court case and you didn't provide any evidence except you word to the contrary you would lose.

redhotrash
Like a blinding flash, there went his credibility as a debator.

quanchi112
that's it? I realize this is a debate and you are not required to state/show anything other than your opinion, but if this were a court case and you didn't provide any evidence except you word to the contrary you would lose. Thanos at his weakest while battling Drax destroyed an entire planet. He was resurrected and came back much more powerful. yet you bring me some feat with him sinking an island. Thanos also rapes the Surfer who can destroy an entire planet with ease.

quanchi112
Like a blinding flash, there went his credibility as a debator. Most in here have agreed this is spite. Its beyond spite actually. It isnt close at all.

redhotrash
Uh, yeah spite AGAINST the team.

quanchi112
Uh, yeah spite AGAINST the team. Ok. Thanos has beaten the Maker,raped the Surfer,fought Thor and the Thing at once(preresurrection a.k.a. at his weakest,fought thor with the power gem who was growing stronger by the second(This same Thor beat Dr Strange,Silver Surfer,and the Infinity watch together)while he only made Thanos nose bleed. Do you know who the Maker is?

Thanos also raped the Fallen One and mindraped him into being his own personal herald.

Do you know that Thanos has Darkseid on his side who can oneshot Superman if he has his omega beams at full power.

redhotrash
Thor, Thing, and Surfer are all around class 100 guys. They can lift about 100 tons. As I stated, All Star Superman can lift 3,000,000,000,000,000 tons with a single hand. Thanos has been bloodied by Gamora.
Theres a reason they are putting All Star Supes in its own continuity. The character is so powerful that it'd be stupid to have him face standard villains. I'll agree he is a dumb concept, but you have to get Superman vs Thanos out of your head and look at this particular character for what he is.

quanchi112
Thor, Thing, and Surfer are all around class 100 guys. They can lift about 100 tons. As I stated, All Star Superman can lift 3,000,000,000,000,000 tons with a single hand. Thanos has been bloodied by Gamora.
Theres a reason they are putting All Star Supes in its own continuity. The character is so powerful that it'd be stupid to have him face standard villains. I'll agree he is a dumb concept, but you have to get Superman vs Thanos out of your head and look at this particular character for what he is. Huh? You act as if all fights have to do with strength alone...wrong. Surfer can augment his strength and with his power cosmic can shatter planets. Me posting a scan of him making an island sink isnt impressive with the said company in this thread.

redhotrash
Surfer cant hope to amp his strength to those levels. And what would you have liked? Supes smashing his arm against the rock and destroying the planet? That'd go over really well. Anyway you either cant process the number of 0's in that lifting feat, or your having a particularly blind Thanos day. Either way Im not debating this anymore, its pointless.

deadspeak25
Okay well I'll give you a short synopsis. . .

Lex tries to bombard Sup with sunlight to cause havoc with his powers. Superman becomes supercharged more than tripling his strength (which as stated earlier he can no lift 200 quintillion tons of force, with one arm no less. And enabling him to extend his biometric aura (effectively creating force shields). He finds out that he is no longer effected by K-nite after being shot by Lios with a K-nite gun, and proves that his intellect has increased to unimaginable levels by creating an elixer that provides normal people with his powers (albiet for 24 hours). Speaking intellect he toward the later part of the series he creates life Earth-Q in the infant universe of Qwewq, and he somehow figures out how to combine kryptonian DNA with humans and passes that info along as well.

quanchi112
Surfer cant hope to amp his strength to those levels. And what would you have liked? Supes smashing his arm against the rock and destroying the planet? That'd go over really well. Anyway you either cant process the number of 0's in that lifting feat, or your having a particularly blind Thanos day. Either way Im not debating this anymore, its pointless. I gave you Thanos feats that easily trumped the island sinking one. To each his own.

quanchi112
Okay well I'll give you a short synopsis. . .

Lex tries to bombard Sup with sunlight to cause havoc with his powers. Superman becomes supercharged more than tripling his strength (which as stated earlier he can no lift 200 quintillion tons of force, with one arm no less. And enabling him to extend his biometric aura (effectively creating force shields). He finds out that he is no longer effected by K-nite after being shot by Lios with a K-nite gun, and proves that his intellect has increased to unimaginable levels by creating an elixer that provides normal people with his powers (albiet for 24 hours). Speaking intellect he toward the later part of the series he creates life Earth-Q in the infant universe of Qwewq, and he somehow figures out how to combine kryptonian DNA with humans and passes that info along as well. He still loses badly.

Endrict Nuul
A regular Superman beats Darkseid.

AS Superman wins here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
A regular Superman beats Darkseid.

AS Superman wins here. Agianst these two? Are you serious?

carver9
That wasnt a island, it was a bunch of standing rocks above the water.

h1a8
Drax was created to kill Thanos. He changed recently with his latest resurrection. To put it plainly he was Thanos' kryptonite and no one else could replicate this feat.

Supes dies quickly.

Drax was created with the strength to kill Thanos, nothing more.
Drax isn't made out of some Thanos-like kryptonite or something.

If Thanos would be ffed up if a half million ton key fell on his head then what makes you think that All Star Superman, who can lift it like a feather and can move at speeds faster than light instantly, won't ko him in the first nanosecond?

h1a8
Thanos has shields that Drax bypassed due to his special powers. Bet you didnt know that. He isnt breaking through his forceshields and if he did Thanos has survived a black hole,Thor,Odin,Maker,Galactus,etc.

Superman is faster than Thanos.
So he gets the first hit (which is deadly).

h1a8
Most in here have agreed this is spite. Its beyond spite actually. It isnt close at all.

You're right. This is spite.

Superman wins this in one nanosecond.

Now close this.

Ouallada
Theres a reason they are putting All Star Supes in its own continuity. The character is so powerful that it'd be stupid to have him face standard villains. I'll agree he is a dumb concept, but you have to get Superman vs Thanos out of your head and look at this particular character for what he is.

Class 100 means that they lift at least 100 tons.

People keep bringing up that particular feat for AS Superman. As mentioned, Drax destroyed a planet in a fight with Thanos, but couldn't put the latter down. Do you understand how much mass a planet has? Earth is a small planet going by mean mass, and its mass is 6E^24kg. That is 6 zeroes more than what your feat has. Thus, a planet has 2000000 more mass than your feat, and that is with me taking one ton as 1000kg, when it is less.

More strength/power is needed to destroy a planet than to lift it. That is only logical -- I can lift a pebble, but cannot destroy it that easily.

Ergo, AS Superman really isn't that great.

Ouallada

If Thanos would be ffed up if a half million ton key fell on his head then what makes you think that All Star Superman, who can lift it like a feather and can move at speeds faster than light instantly, won't ko him in the first nanosecond?

Andy Schimdt says otherwise.

Bentley
Originally posted by Ouallada

People keep bringing up that particular feat for AS Superman. As mentioned, Drax destroyed a planet in a fight with Thanos, but couldn't put the latter down. Do you understand how much mass a planet has? Earth is a small planet going by mean mass, and its mass is 6E^24kg. That is 6 zeroes more than what your feat has. Thus, a planet has 2000000 more mass than your feat, and that is with me taking one ton as 1000kg, when it is less.

More strength/power is needed to destroy a planet than to lift it. That is only logical -- I can lift a pebble, but cannot destroy it that easily.

And lets not even put into context the fact that Thanos has resisted a black hole. Just imagine the pull of strength in that one feat.

starlock
Team for the win

h1a8

What? Drax has punched through Thanos like tissue paper. And show me Drax destroying a planet.

h1a8
Andy Schimdt says otherwise.

Who is he and why do I care?

quanchi112
What? Drax has punched through Thanos like tissue paper. And show me Drax destroying a planet. Drax only has that ability. You need to start reading comics here as your ignorance is being shown virtually in every one.

quanchi112

If Thanos would be ffed up if a half million ton key fell on his head then what makes you think that All Star Superman, who can lift it like a feather and can move at speeds faster than light instantly, won't ko him in the first nanosecond? You dont even make any sense whatsoever. Thanos wins easily. Do some research on drax and Thanos please before bringing up something you know nothing about.

carver9

Hell, gladiator feat of destroying a planet with his fist>>>>>AS superman feat. Hell, gladiator feat of throwing a damn space ship the size of texas making the ship go at super speed is>all star superman feat. Gladiator feat of moving an asteroid the size of a small planet>>>superman feat. Can gladiator beat thanos, hell naw.

DestinyGuy678

Ergo, AS Superman really isn't that great. ...regular superman has destroyed planets in fights, and is fight with darkseid shook a star system...that all without be amped like this

they stated his strength had increased at least 3x over

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Hell, gladiator feat of destroying a planet with his fist>>>>>AS superman feat. Hell, gladiator feat of throwing a damn space ship the size of texas making the ship go at super speed is>all star superman feat. Gladiator feat of moving an asteroid the size of a small planet>>>superman feat. Can gladiator beat thanos, hell naw. Exactly,you cannot determine the victor of a thread based on the collateral damage they have caused on panel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
...regular superman has destroyed planets in fights, and is fight with darkseid shook a star system...that all without be amped like this

they stated his strength had increased at least 3x over Which fight shook a solar system? When and where did this solar system shaking battle take place?

deadspeak25
I don't know about the solar system thing, but after sups has given lios his super elixer she states that she is now like him and completely immune to all harm.

quanchi112
I don't know about the solar system thing, but after sups has given lios his super elixer she states that she is now like him and completely immune to all harm. Show me a battle feat.

Ouallada
What? Drax has punched through Thanos like tissue paper. And show me Drax destroying a planet.

The scans are in the respect threads. Spiderman would punch through Superman in the PC days with a K-nite fist. Same thing here.

Ouallada
Who is he and why do I care?

Just the editor of Annihilation, whose word is a tad more reliable than yours.

Ouallada
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
...regular superman has destroyed planets in fights, and is fight with darkseid shook a star system...that all without be amped like this

they stated his strength had increased at least 3x over

I'm not saying anything about Superman not being able to do so. I'm simply debunking the myth that surrounds that feat. I'm not debating the victor between AS Superman vs DS/Thanos. Waste of time.

redhotrash
Amazing how Gamora can out speed Thanos and make him bleed yet AS Supes who moves faster than light speed and basically has no strength limit cant. I like Thanos and all but stop being a mark

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Bentley
And lets not even put into context the fact that Thanos has resisted a black hole. Just imagine the pull of strength in that one feat.

Superman has held a black hole in his fist......and flown through a double black hole with no damage. Out the black side, not the white side.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Superman has held a black hole in his fist......and flown through a double black hole with no damage. Out the black side, not the white side. that was before the public, including comic writers knew what a black hole really was.

it's not an inescapable portal with an exit point, it's a point singularity(an object so dense it collapsed on itself and that same density creates a gravitational pull that even light can't escape).

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that was before the public, including comic writers knew what a black hole really was.

it's not an inescapable portal with an exit point, it's a point singularity(an object so dense it collapsed on itself and that same density creates a gravitational pull that even light can't escape).

Still a feat. And quit trying to downgrade it. miffed

horrorwolf
All Star Superman is not taking either of these two together.

And this is a spite thread.

quanchi112
Originally posted by horrorwolf
All Star Superman is not taking either of these two together.

And this is a spite thread. It reeks of spite.

Avlon
I don't remember the comics ever saying that Drax has Thanos kryptonite energy though considering it was green, it would be funny if the energy WAS technically the same as kryptonite. smile

No reason any other energy manipulator couldn't replicate it if that was the case. Nobody else has tried.

Interesting how Thanos and Darkseid died in the same manner. Remove the heart...and they die.

All star is strong enough to KO either one of these guys solo. Together though, I don't see why they couldn't find a way to defeat him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
I don't remember the comics ever saying that Drax has Thanos kryptonite energy though considering it was green, it would be funny if the energy WAS technically the same as kryptonite. smile

No reason any other energy manipulator couldn't replicate it if that was the case. Nobody else has tried.

Interesting how Thanos and Darkseid died in the same manner. Remove the heart...and they die.

All star is strong enough to KO either one of these guys solo. Together though, I don't see why they couldn't find a way to defeat him. Surfer can manipulate energy and cant do what Drax did to Thanos. Plus it was a cheapshot. Darkseid had his heart removed during a fair fight while Thanos had his shield bypassed due to Drax's unique situation. No one else could replicate this.

Ouallada

All star is strong enough to KO either one of these guys solo. Together though, I don't see why they couldn't find a way to defeat him.

Andy Schmidt, editor of Annihilation:

"He was built to destroy Thanos. I thought we covered it in today's issue. We put it as simply as possible--something about him being a silver bullet. And the closer he got to Thanos, the more focused on Thanos he became and the more that "silver bullet" ability/thing powered up. "

"But yeah, pretty much no one else could do it."

"Yes. That is what happened. Essentially (and no, I'm never going to say this in an actual comic book because it's too on the nose) part of Drax's programming is to continue to modify/improve/update his power-set until he gets the job done. He's had powers that were ineffective in the past (power blasts and flight) and so he was reconfigured in the cacoon with the right combination of elements to kill Thanos. He lost the ineffective ones, repaired his mind, and built in some new ones that are more effective on Thanos and his force field and such. All of that coupled with Thanos being distracted led to Thanos' demise."

There are several more comments on this though, but these should suffice.

quanchi112

"He was built to destroy Thanos. I thought we covered it in today's issue. We put it as simply as possible--something about him being a silver bullet. And the closer he got to Thanos, the more focused on Thanos he became and the more that "silver bullet" ability/thing powered up. "

"Yes. That is what happened. Essentially (and no, I'm never going to say this in an actual comic book because it's too on the nose) part of Drax's programming is to continue to modify/improve/update his power-set until he gets the job done. He's had powers that were ineffective in the past (power blasts and flight) and so he was reconfigured in the cacoon with the right combination of elements to kill Thanos. He lost the ineffective ones, repaired his mind, and built in some new ones that are more effective on Thanos and his force field and such. All of that coupled with Thanos being distracted led to Thanos' demise."

There are several more comments on this though, but these should suffice. thumb up

TricksterPriest
Surfer can manipulate energy and cant do what Drax did to Thanos. Plus it was a cheapshot. Darkseid had his heart removed during a fair fight while Thanos had his shield bypassed due to Drax's unique situation. No one else could replicate this. http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/l/Y/bush_two_faced.jpg

Darkseid was killed by an Orion rezzed by the Source not to mention the whole prophecy deal.

Prophecy laid down by God is equal at the bare minimum to what Kronos did to Drax in making him the Anti-Thanos. erm

Ouallada
Amazing how Gamora can out speed Thanos and make him bleed yet AS Supes who moves faster than light speed and basically has no strength limit cant. I like Thanos and all but stop being a mark

Sparring match.

Moves faster than light, ability to amp strength to unknown limits. Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, SS got slapped into the ground.

I like Superman and all, but stop being a mark.

horrorwolf

1. Can move light speed but just like Flash still requires time and space to do so.
2. Ability to amp strength - true, but at the cost of depletion of stored solar energies.

Thanos - a cosmic eternal capable of true self sustenance and matter manipulation. These abilities come into play huge here.

Superman loses here 10/10.
I won't bother even going into what a truly non-jobbing version of DS is capable of.

Edit - wrong quote.

Ouallada
Originally posted by horrorwolf
1. Can move light speed but just like Flash still requires time and space to do so.
2. Ability to amp strength - true, but at the cost of depletion of stored solar energies.

Thanos - a cosmic eternal capable of true self sustenance and matter manipulation. These abilities come into play huge here.

Superman loses here 10/10.
I won't bother even going into a true non-jobbing version of DS is capable of.

Surfer has the ability to constantly draw energy from the cosmos, but that isn't important here.

Thanos also has access to the PC, which can allow him to overload AS Superman with solar radiation. I don't even need to speak of DS, whose energy output is higher than Thanos'.

horrorwolf
Surfer has the ability to constantly draw energy from the cosmos, but that isn't important here.

Thanos also has access to the PC, which can allow him to overload AS Superman with solar radiation. I don't even need to speak of DS, whose energy output is higher than Thanos'.

yes - on occasion. again DS is inconsistant.

quanchi112
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/l/Y/bush_two_faced.jpg

Darkseid was killed by an Orion rezzed by the Source not to mention the whole prophecy deal.

Prophecy laid down by God is equal at the bare minimum to what Kronos did to Drax in making him the Anti-Thanos. erm Darkseid already killed Orion. Darkseid couldnt hold back Orion when they shared that power in dong and outright got his heart ripped out in a FAIR fight. Orion wasnt created to destroy Darkseid he just did, and the sad thing was Darkseid knew about this the entire time which makes him a very poor planner.

There was also a father son clause that prevented Darkseid from killing Yuga but this clause wasnt strong enough to keep Orion from ripping his heart out in a FAIR fight.

stick out tongue

The Badger
Thanos gets to much love here.

Avlon

There are several more comments on this though, but these should suffice.

The only problem with this is that editors/writers always have their opinion. For example.

Joe Casey:

Writers say those type of things all the time.

Avlon
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/l/Y/bush_two_faced.jpg

Prophecy laid down by God is equal at the bare minimum to what Kronos did to Drax in making him the Anti-Thanos. erm

Not just that, but in another thread he claimed that because energy looked alike then it should be assumed that they are the same. Well, The energy that Drax produced looked like kryptonite.

By Quan's logic, they are the same. Thanos had time to ask questions, put up a shield and was still killed. There was NO cheapshot there.

He died in the same way DS did, his heart was ripped out. smile

quanchi112
The only problem with this is that editors/writers always have their opinion. For example.

Joe Casey:

Writers say those type of things all the time. There are two different things here. One is Supermans power level and the other is Drax being the silver bullet to Thanos meaning no energy manipulator can accomplish this feat. Stated black and white. No one accomplished this prior to Drax either and he has beaten silly the Surfer time and time again.

quanchi112
Not just that, but in another thread he claimed that because energy looked alike then it should be assumed that they are the same. Well, The energy that Drax produced looked like kryptonite.

By Quan's logic, they are the same. Thanos had time to ask questions, put up a shield and was still killed. There was NO cheapshot there.

He died in the same way DS did, his heart was ripped out. smile So if it is the same color it looks knite it is similar?Huh?

Thanos was busy trying to free Galactus and didnt face his opponent. Context. Darkseid had him heart torn out because he wasnt the better man. Thanos lost due to a cheapshot and the fact that Drax was MADE to kill Thanos. Note the differences.

Avlon
There are two different things here. One is Supermans power level and the other is Drax being the silver bullet to Thanos meaning no energy manipulator can accomplish this feat. Stated black and white. No one accomplished this prior to Drax either and he has beaten silly the Surfer time and time again.

Both are writers opinion. They mean as little as yours.

Bentley
I thought I read the "silver bullet thing" from Drax in panel during Annihilation. Not sure though.

Avlon
So if it is the same color it looks knite it is similar?Huh?

Your logic in another thread. You swore by it. If it looks alike...then it must be the same. Don't try and backpedal out of it now.

Thanos was busy trying to free Galactus and didnt face his opponent. Context. Darkseid had him heart torn out because he wasnt the better man. Thanos lost due to a cheapshot and the fact that Drax was MADE to kill Thanos. Note the differences.

Then Thanos by your opinion is an idiot since he didn't face his opponent. He looked pretty damn scared too. He addressed Drax and put up a shield...and still got killed.

Darkseid faced his son.

Both got killed by having their hearts ripped out.

Bentley
Also, once started, the process to freed Galactus couldn't end. Read Annihilation, really.

Badabing
Guys, my patience is growing thin with these vendettas jumping from thread to thread. It's very simple, if you have someone on ignore then please ignore them. If someone has you on ignore, replying to their posts isn't necessary and may be considered trolling if it becomes an ongoing problem. If you have a problem with someone place them on ignore instead of flaming and bashing them with silly images. If I have to temp ban people so be it. This is the last time I'm asking nicely. Anymore of this nonsense will result in the very least a warning.

Bentley
I'm sorry Bada, I will be good. embarrasment

quanchi112
Both are writers opinion. They mean as little as yours. One writer had Drax doing something he had never done before and explained it. Therefore no one else can replicate this feat. Your writer statement had to do with his interpretation of Supermans powers. Its completely different as far as I see it.

Endrict Nuul
I'm sorry Bada, I will be good. embarrasment

Haha, a timeout for you!!!!! laughing stick out tongue

quanchi112
Your logic in another thread. You swore by it. If it looks alike...then it must be the same. Don't try and backpedal out of it now.

Then Thanos by your opinion is an idiot since he didn't face his opponent. He looked pretty damn scared too. He addressed Drax and put up a shield...and still got killed.

Darkseid faced his son.

Both got killed by having their hearts ripped out. Both were energy fields and both contained superheroes. Green energy coming from Drax isnt the same thing as knite. Knite can be used by anyone whereas only Drax can use his antiThanos powers.

No Thanos asked Moondragon to give him time and then he would have faced Drax. He wanted to stop Annihilus and his quest of universal annihilation. That and the fact that he faced Drax on many separate occasions and he never exhibited this type of power before.

Darkseid had his heart ripped out in battle whereas Thanos had his heart punched out by a being who was made to destroy Thanos. Anyone can rip out Darkseid's heart it seems. Thanos wasnt engaging Drax while Darkseid was certainly engaging Orion and simply lost.

Avlon
One writer had Drax doing something he had never done before and explained it. Therefore no one else can replicate this feat. Your writer statement had to do with his interpretation of Supermans powers. Its completely different as far as I see it.

Superman's writer stated that when he let's go, he's unbeatable as he has no limits.

By that example, Superman can replicate that power since he's limitless had is unbeatable.

The writer said it, so therefore it must be true, right? If you are going by writers logic, then it applies to all characters...not just the ones you favor.

quanchi112
Superman's writer stated that when he let's go, he's unbeatable as he has no limits.

By that example, Superman can replicate that power since he's limitless had is unbeatable.

The writer said it, so therefore it must be true, right? If you are going by writers logic, then it applies to all characters...not just the ones you favor. So then according to that writer he can defeat Spectre,Parallax,coie Am and what not? No. Simply no.

We know no one else can replicate Drax's feat because he was made to kill Thanos and just recently devveloped these new anti Thanos powers that were thought by one writer and he said no one else can do it.

horrorwolf
Whats all this about Drax? Chronos and Moondragon Mentor created Drax for a singular purpose - to kill Thanos.

But not by anything close to an even fight. He was built to be a lethal Kryptonite for Thanos....and they even placed hate for him in Drax.

(Pretty much where some versions of Doomsday's storyline came from)

Avlon
Both were energy fields and both contained superheroes. Green energy coming from Drax isnt the same thing as knite. Knite can be used by anyone whereas only Drax can use his antiThanos powers.

By your own admission, they looked alike so they must be the same. Backpedaling is not the way now, after all... if it was a strength feat for Drax then it can be replicated by stronger characters. If it was an energy feat, then it can be replicated by energy manipulators.

Drax being the silver bullet (which was just Drax's opinion anyway as Warlock killed Thanos with a simple matter manip spell) that was going to kill Thanos in no way implies that anything was actually unique to him. It just implies that like with Orion and DS, he was going to be the executioner.

No Thanos asked Moondragon to give him time and then he would have faced Drax. He wanted to stop Annihilus and his quest of universal annihilation. That and the fact that he faced Drax on many separate occasions and he never exhibited this type of power before.

He had time to look around , have smalltalk, and erect a forcefield. The cheapshot theory doesn't work.

Darkseid had his heart ripped out in battle whereas Thanos had his heart punched out by a being who was made to destroy Thanos. Anyone can rip out Darkseid's heart it seems. Thanos wasnt engaging Drax while Darkseid was certainly engaging Orion and simply lost.

Both Orion and Drax were destined to kill. Both died by having their hearts removed. DS had just finished fighting Superman, and New God Jimmy. Remember what you've said...turning your back on an attacking enemy is idiotic. Either way, Drax was destined to kill him anyway.

Avlon
So then according to that writer he can defeat Spectre,Parallax,coie Am and what not? No. Simply no.

We know no one else can replicate Drax's feat because he was made to kill Thanos and just recently devveloped these new anti Thanos powers that were thought by one writer and he said no one else can do it.

We're going by an example of YOUR opinion by choosing to go with the writer/editor.

If it applies to one character, it applies to all. Picking and choosing would be extremely hypocritical after all.

Badabing
I'm sorry Bada, I will be good. embarrasment I know how to deal with Skrulls! evilgrin

quanchi112
By your own admission, they looked alike so they must be the same. Backpedaling is not the way now, after all... if it was a strength feat for Drax then it can be replicated by stronger characters. If it was an energy feat, then it can be replicated by energy manipulators.

Drax being the silver bullet (which was just Drax's opinion anyway as Warlock killed Thanos with a simple matter manip spell) that was going to kill Thanos in no way implies that anything was actually unique to him. It just implies that like with Orion and DS, he was going to be the executioner.

He had time to look around , have smalltalk, and erect a forcefield. The cheapshot theory doesn't work.

Both Orion and Drax were destined to kill. Both died by having their hearts removed. DS had just finished fighting Superman, and New God Jimmy. Remember what you've said...turning your back on an attacking enemy is idiotic. Either way, Drax was destined to kill him anyway. No I never said because they looked alike only I said because they had the same effect. Then apple juice was compared to pinesol. Get your facts straight before you come at me. erm

Drax was created and it had nothing to do with strength or energy but his unique ability against Thanos. erm

When has Drax used this ability on anyone else?

It wasnt just Drax's opinion it was the opinion of the writer. wink He was created for Thanos. Didnt you know that?

Thanos was defeated by Warlocks ghost. Thanos has been upgraded since then and the Surfer has this ability yet doesnt do it because you cant. Quit ignoring Thanos upgrades.

Orion wasnt created to kill Darkseid. Unless you think Darkseid had him to later kill Darkseid. shifty

Drax was never destined to kill Thanos that was just his purpose. Orion was destined to kill Darkseid and he did it in a fair fight. The have fought before and Darkseid avoided death. This time Orion was that much better. He tore his heart out as his looked into his eyes.

Ds just did fight Superman and Jimmy. He also used Olsen to beat Supes through knite. wink

All in all Darkseid still got his heart ripped from his body. Doesnt look good for classic Ds here.

quanchi112
We're going by an example of YOUR opinion by choosing to go with the writer/editor.

If it applies to one character, it applies to all. Picking and choosing would be extremely hypocritical after all. Its comparing two different things entirely. There are always exceptions. One looney superman writer who believes he can defeat Spectre,Am,Nabu,etc. is obviously an exception.

Now when you consider that only one writer allowed Drax to show this ability and then to explain he was Thanos' silver bullet its a fact.

darthgoober
Both are writers opinion. They mean as little as yours.
Not really. One is an instance of a writer expressing his views of how one character stacks up to the rest in his head and is therefor obviously just his opinion. But in the Drax/Thanos scenario the writer isn't so much giving his opinion as he is clarifying the events of a story that he wrote. It's not a writers place to dictate the character outside of the writer's sphere of influence, but it IS a writer's place to say "THIS is what I wanted demonstrated on this page".

h1a8
The casual way that Superman picked up that half million ton key proves that if he casually, with the same easy force, pops Thanos or Darkseid with his finger then they would die horribly (Thanos would be out for a long time though). No way in hell is Thanos or DS taking a half million ton force spread in a very small area to their heads.

quanchi112
Originally posted by darthgoober
Not really. One is an instance of a writer expressing his views of how one character stacks up to the rest in his head and is therefor obviously just his opinion. But in the Drax/Thanos scenario the writer isn't so much giving his opinion as he is clarifying the events of a story that he wrote. It's not a writers place to dictate the character outside of the writer's sphere of influence, but it IS a writer's place to say "THIS is what I wanted demonstrated on this page". QFT.

I saw the difference as well darth. Glad to see you are still on kmc. smile

Faceman
I'm sorry Bada, I will be good.

quanchi112
The casual way that Superman picked up that half million ton key proves that if he casually, with the same easy force, pops Thanos or Darkseid with his finger then they would die horribly (Thanos would be out for a long time though). No way in hell is Thanos or DS taking a half million ton force spread in a very small area to their heads. Nah. Thanos destroys world destroys easily. this is no different.

Bentley
The casual way that Superman picked up that half million ton key proves that if he casually, with the same easy force, pops Thanos or Darkseid with his finger then they would die horribly (Thanos would be out for a long time though). No way in hell is Thanos or DS taking a half million ton force spread in a very small area to their heads.

When Thanos endured a blackhole, he already resisted more than that amount of force.

quanchi112
When Thanos endured a blackhole, he already resisted more than that amount of force. thumb up

Avlon
Not really. One is an instance of a writer expressing his views of how one character stacks up to the rest in his head and is therefor obviously just his opinion. But in the Drax/Thanos scenario the writer isn't so much giving his opinion as he is clarifying the events of a story that he wrote. It's not a writers place to dictate the character outside of the writer's sphere of influence, but it IS a writer's place to say "THIS is what I wanted demonstrated on this page".

Actually, both writers went on to explain why certain events transpired in their respective stories.

Both also gave their opinions. Either way, it means little as it's outside the comic.

quanchi112
Actually, both writers went on to explain why certain events transpired in their respective stories.

Both also gave their opinions. Either way, it means little as it's outside the comic. It was explained why a certain event happened whereas the Superman writer was talking about his powerset in general and not specific events.

Avlon
No I never said because they looked alike only I said because they had the same effect. Then apple juice was compared to pinesol. Get your facts straight before you come at me. erm

And you stated that because they looked alike...

Drax was created and it had nothing to do with strength or energy but his unique ability against Thanos. erm

You said it..he was created... therefore can be replicated...

When has Drax used this ability on anyone else?

Why would he have to? He also didn't look like Kratos before either.

It wasnt just Drax's opinion it was the opinion of the writer. wink He was created for Thanos. Didnt you know that?

Like Orion and DS. Both Orion and Drax took out their opponents hearts and were destined to kill...

Thanos was defeated by Warlocks ghost. Thanos has been upgraded since then and the Surfer has this ability yet doesnt do it because you cant. Quit ignoring Thanos upgrades.

Doesn't matter. It has never been stated that his resistance was improved to such a thing. After all, you surely didn't give Henshaw a break even though he's been upgraded quite a bit himself. Double standards won't be accepted.

Orion wasnt created to kill Darkseid. Unless you think Darkseid had him to later kill Darkseid. shifty

He was destined to kill him. Which he did. Same with Drax and Thanos.

Drax was never destined to kill Thanos that was just his purpose. Orion was destined to kill Darkseid and he did it in a fair fight. The have fought before and Darkseid avoided death. This time Orion was that much better. He tore his heart out as his looked into his eyes.

He succeeded just fine. Thanos is dead.

Ds just did fight Superman and Jimmy. He also used Olsen to beat Supes through knite. wink

Not sure why you think that would irritate me. He still fought them. Thanos literally had to put up a forcefield out of fear.

All in all Darkseid still got his heart ripped from his body. Doesnt look good for classic Ds here.

Take it up with the DS fans as your use of irritants aren't derailing me. Thanos got his heart punch out through his body. Not exactly the best either.

Avlon
It was explained why a certain event happened whereas the Superman writer was talking about his powerset in general and not specific events.

So Casey wasn't talking about the events of AOS #594 and how his mental state unlocked limitless power?

horrorwolf
Thanos has faces forces beyond anything AS Superman has shown to muster.

Thanos is clearly beyond Supes abilties to do truly harm him.

quanchi112
And you stated that because they looked alike...

You said it..he was created... therefore can be replicated...

Why would he have to? He also didn't look like Kratos before either.

Like Orion and DS. Both Orion and Drax took out their opponents hearts and were destined to kill...

Doesn't matter. It has never been stated that his resistance was improved to such a thing. After all, you surely didn't give Henshaw a break even though he's been upgraded quite a bit himself. Double standards won't be accepted.

He was destined to kill him. Which he did. Same with Drax and Thanos.

Not sure why you think that would irritate me. He still fought them. Thanos literally had to put up a forcefield out of fear.

Take it up with the DS fans as your use of irritants aren't derailing me. Thanos got his heart punch out through his body. Not exactly the best either. No I stated they had the same effect as well. wink

Thanos is hanging with death right now and still exists. He might not be alive but Thanos still exists.

He was created by Kronos. So unless a being is created by someone as powerful as he is then it cant be replicated by any existing characters. No one else was created to kill Thanos. stick out tongue

Orion beat Darkseids ass while Drax cheapshotted Thanos. Huge difference, its all about the context.

Henshaw changes his bodies but didnt permanently upgrade himself. He was amped in sinestro corps and thats why he beat Supermans ass not because he himself was more powerful. Its about the context.

Drax was never destined to kill Thanos. Its almost as if you dont know a thing about Thanos or Drax.

darthgoober

Both also gave their opinions. Either way, it means little as it's outside the comic.
In the Thanos/Drax case all the writer did was explain what was demonstrated in the book because it was up for debate. Drax himself spoke of being Thanos's silver bullet and that effect was demonstrated by the green aura that surrounded him when he attacked Thanos, all that writer did was clarify that the green aura WAS the "silver bullet" effect in action. A writer stating the upper limits of Flash's speed might not be valid, but a writer explaining that some effect in a comic he wrote was intended as a visual depiction(like motion lines or multiple images) of Flash using his speed it certainly would be.

Avlon

Take it up with the DS fans as your use of irritants aren't derailing me. Thanos got his heart punch out through his body. Not exactly the best either. No I stated they had the same effect as well. wink

Thanos is hanging with death right now and still exists. He might not be alive but Thanos still exists.

He was created by Kronos. So unless a being is created by someone as powerful as he is then it cant be replicated by any existing characters. No one else was created to kill Thanos. stick out tongue

Orion beat Darkseids ass while Drax cheapshotted Thanos. Huge difference, its all about the context.

Henshaw changes his bodies but didnt permanently upgrade himself. He was amped in sinestro corps and thats why he beat Supermans ass not because he himself was more powerful. Its about the context.

Drax was never destined to kill Thanos. Its almost as if you dont know a thing about Thanos or Drax.

It's almost as if you never run out of excuses for Thanos. smile

Nope...there was no cheapshot on Thanos. No matter how you try and get around it. smile

Both DS and Thanos died by having their hearts removed.

Prove that Henshaw hasn't been upgraded at all. Then prove that Warlocks spell wouldn't affect Thanos. Saying he's upgraded won't count. Show solid proof.

Avlon
In the Thanos/Drax case all the writer did was explain what was demonstrated in the book because it was up for debate. Drax himself spoke of being Thanos's silver bullet and that effect was demonstrated by the green aura that surrounded him when he attacked Thanos, all that writer did was clarify that the green aura WAS the "silver bullet" effect in action. A writer stating the upper limits of Flash's speed might not be valid, but a writer explaining that some effect in a comic he wrote was intended as a visual depiction(like motion lines or multiple images) of Flash using his speed it certainly would be.

Nobody has denied anything about the green energy. Being a silver bullet however doesn't imply that Drax is the only person that could ever kill Thanos or replicate the energy signature. Superman's writer explained the reason he beat that many probes effortlessly is because he tapped into previously untouched levels of power.

Bentley
Being a silver bullet implies that he is strong and made to kill a werewolf. He is strong against Thanos, he has something that others don't have against him. Right?

Avlon
A silver bullet is made to kill a werewolf, however, that doesn't mean it's the only silver bullet, or that more can't be made, or that there aren't other ways to kill it.

Bentley
I'm just saying that there is a reason of why Thanos died like he did.

You cannot prove the energy signature can be replicated. Kronos used a person to do what he did, maybe it was needed to create someone, Orion beat Darkseid because of his unique energy signature didn't he? And the Source did not just replicate that energy. Just to point out that its ludicrous to say that you will replicate the energy until at least one person does such replication.

darthgoober
Nobody has denied anything about the green energy. Being a silver bullet however doesn't imply that Drax is the only person that could ever kill Thanos or replicate the energy signature. Superman's writer explained the reason he beat that many probes effortlessly is because he tapped into previously untouched levels of power.
Actually Drax stated that he was the ONLY one capable of doing that, and that does kinda imply that no one else can recreate the effect.

Avlon
Actually Drax stated that he was the ONLY one capable of doing that, and that does kinda imply that no one else can recreate the effect.

He mentioned that he was given the drive to kill Thanos...and that to his knowledge he was the one who can do it.

It was his opinion, and even then a little shaky on his end as it wasn't a strong statement either.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxthanosdestiny.jpg

darthgoober
He mentioned that he was given the drive to kill Thanos...and that to his knowledge he was the one who can do it.

It was his opinion, and even then a little shaky on his end as it wasn't a strong statement either.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxthanosdestiny.jpg
Exactly. The story itself wasn't clear on whether or not anyone could simulate the feat so the writer stepped forth to explain what everything was supposed to mean. See the writers statements are valid because all he's doing clarifying that Drax wasn't meant to be talking out his ass or hyperboling.

I'm not actually trying to contend that no one other Drax could kill Thanos(if nothing else I'm pretty sure Walker would kick his ass), just that Drax/Thanos is a special scenario and there's nothing to suggest that anyone else could replicate that energy type. Now I know what you're going to say "But the same could be said of Surfer and K-nite" but the difference there is that we've seen energy manipulators from both Marvel and DC recreate K-nite so we know it's possible.

Ouallada
Simply put, I'm of the opinion that as stated, Schmidt was clarifying the situation put forward by his team as Drax has never been explicitly stated to be a silver bullet to Thanos before. There were no claims made, unlike the situation with Superman, which has been contradicted on panel (and which could even be true, if a latter writer portrays him as having never fully let go in the past). Giffen, the author of the Annihilation series, has stated in numerous interviews that this was his exact intention as well (I'll list the sources when I find them again), and that he "would probably get castigated for this". Nothing I've seen from the ANnihilation team, or from interviews after Annihilation, have contradicted the quotes I posted.

As for it being possible to create another silver bullet, it obviously is possible, if the same circumstances were replicated or improved. The aura means nothing more, in my opinion, than an indication that Drax was getting amped the nearer he got to Thanos.

Sirius77
So then according to that writer he can defeat Spectre,Parallax,coie Am and what not? No. Simply no.

So according to the annihilation writer no one could replicate that feat? No one could rip Thanos' heart out except for Drax? Not Kronos? Not Galactus? Not Eternity? Not the LT? Not TOAA?

Ouallada
If I may, I would assume that by "no one else can do it", he was not referring to the heart ripping feat per se, but rather that there isn't another entity that is specifically built and evolved to kill Thanos. That isn't to say that there cannot be another in the future, but that as of the time of said quote, Drax was the only such entity.

quanchi112
No I stated they had the same effect as well. wink

It's almost as if you never run out of excuses for Thanos. smile

Nope...there was no cheapshot on Thanos. No matter how you try and get around it. smile

Both DS and Thanos died by having their hearts removed.

Prove that Henshaw hasn't been upgraded at all. Then prove that Warlocks spell wouldn't affect Thanos. Saying he's upgraded won't count. Show solid proof.

Quans post starts here.

I dont make excuses I simply give you facts.

When your back is turned its called a cheapshot. No way around it.

Darkseid and Thanos both had their hearts removed but both had it done in different ways. One was cheapshotted while the other was just physically pwned.

Thanos hasnt been turned into stone since his upgrade. Warlocks ghost accomplished this and not his regular person. Completely different friend. stick out tongue

Thanos had an upgrade and it was mentioned while you just assume Henshaw was upgraded. Big difference. big grin

quanchi112

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/drax/draxthanosdestiny.jpg Well we also have the writer explaining it. So its a fact. wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sirius77
So according to the annihilation writer no one could replicate that feat? No one could rip Thanos' heart out except for Drax? Not Kronos? Not Galactus? Not Eternity? Not the LT? Not TOAA? Galactus,Eternity, and TOAA dont punch peoples hearts out. The point is that the other two characters in this thread couldnt do it. Thats all you need to know.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by Sirius77
So according to the annihilation writer no one could replicate that feat? No one could rip Thanos' heart out except for Drax? Not Kronos? Not Galactus? Not Eternity? Not the LT? Not TOAA?

Galan, Eternity, LT and TOAA all have hands that are too big to complete the ripping out of Thanos's heart. stick out tongue

And no to Kronos.

AS Superman is way out of his league here.

horrorwolf
Silver that naturally is lethal to a werewolf is one thing....as the werewolf stands a defensive fair chance to avoid silver by natural means.

A silverbullet that is created and come into existance for the sole reason of killing a werewolf is another thing all together...its an exploit.

Kryptonite is lethal to Superman. Naturally Superman can avoid Kryptonite by use of his xray vision, speed, flight etc.

A Superman clone that is genetically engineered by someone that is built from Kryptonite, and has an implanted desire to kill and hate Superman....is the same. An exploit.

This is what Drax is, an exploit to Thanos.

ultimatethor
Thanos and Darkseid in a terrible stomp

Avlon
Quans post starts here.

I dont make excuses I simply give you facts.

When your back is turned its called a cheapshot. No way around it.

Darkseid and Thanos both had their hearts removed but both had it done in different ways. One was cheapshotted while the other was just physically pwned.

Thanos hasnt been turned into stone since his upgrade. Warlocks ghost accomplished this and not his regular person. Completely different friend. stick out tongue

Thanos had an upgrade and it was mentioned while you just assume Henshaw was upgraded. Big difference. big grin

No, you just need to keep making up excuses. Thanos knew what was going on. Hell, he knew that Drax was opening up his forcefield.

There is still nothing to suggest that Thanos became immune to a stone spell. That is you assuming my friend. Whether a dead man or a living man cast it makes no difference. smile

Avlon
Well we also have the writer explaining it. So its a fact. wink

Great. Then we can assume Superman is above Galactus level from what Joe Casey explained of the OWAW storyline. smile

moonknight11
Stomp for the team. Thanos was cheapshotted. He put up the forcefields because he wanted to free galactus BEFORE he fought Drax. Stop ignoring what happened in the story avlon.

Ouallada
Great. Then we can assume Superman is above Galactus level from what Joe Casey explained of the OWAW storyline. smile

The difference, of course, is that one is simply speculation, while the other is an explanation of the logic behind an on-panel happening.

Avlon
The difference, of course, is that one is simply speculation, while the other is an explanation of the logic behind an on-panel happening.

Wrong since Casey stated that is the level he's in when in the probe busting mode.

Hey, Hulk and Sentry can whoop Odin's ass too since that is how powerful the writer claimed they were during their fight.

Ouallada
Wrong since Casey stated that is the level he's in when in the probe busting mode.

Hey, Hulk and Sentry can whoop Odin's ass too since that is how powerful the writer claimed they were during their fight.

That IS speculation by default, because on-panel evidence says otherwise and as all discussion on power levels is, even by writers.

Drax's situation was different, because there was confusion over what happened on panel.

As for hulk and Sentry, talk on power levels is, once again, speculation. A writer explaining why the hulk reverted to Banner in that fight, if there was any confusion, is akin to the Drax situation, and is markedly different from the situation(s) you brought up. That would not be speculation.

Avlon
That IS speculation by default, because on-panel evidence says otherwise and as all discussion on power levels is, even by writers.

Drax's situation was different, because there was confusion over what happened on panel.

As for hulk and Sentry, talk on power levels is, once again, speculation. A writer explaining why the hulk reverted to Banner in that fight, if there was any confusion, is akin to the Drax situation, and is markedly different from the situation(s) you brought up. That would not be speculation.

It's just as much speculation that a decent energy manipulator couldn't recreate the energy wielded by a low level being.

It's all writers opinion, regardless of how many want to argue semantics around it.

Ouallada
It's just as much speculation that a decent energy manipulator couldn't recreate the energy wielded by a low level being.

It's all writers opinion, regardless of how many want to argue semantics around it.

The possibility of that situation being recreated by any existing being has only been speculated on these boards and similar boards. A writing team stating that Drax is a unique situation is not speculation. It is a statement saying that at said point in time, Drax was an anomaly, rather than the norm. Until I see evidence showing otherwise, I don't see how anyone can logically argue against that.

Avlon
The possibility of that situation being recreated by any existing being has only been speculated on these boards and similar boards. A writing team stating that Drax is a unique situation is not speculation. It is a statement saying that at said point in time, Drax was an anomaly, rather than the norm. Until I see evidence showing otherwise, I don't see how anyone can logically argue against that.

And Superman's writer said that at the moment in time Superman channeled virtually limitless power. That is the reason's he was 1 shotting probes with ease. Hulk and Sentry were stated to be above Skyfather level.

It's all a writers opinion regardless on all ends. You take one, you take them all.

quanchi112
No, you just need to keep making up excuses. Thanos knew what was going on. Hell, he knew that Drax was opening up his forcefield.

There is still nothing to suggest that Thanos became immune to a stone spell. That is you assuming my friend. Whether a dead man or a living man cast it makes no difference. smile Quit ignoring the context. Thanos resisted reality warping and battles with a matter manipulator. Warlock only accomplished this as a ghost against the weakest Thanos we saw who was shocked he was back.

Oh and they stomp in this thread.

quanchi112
Great. Then we can assume Superman is above Galactus level from what Joe Casey explained of the OWAW storyline. smile Supes could hang with Imperiex but I have always though Galactus was greater than Imperiex so your theory doesnt fly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by moonknight11
Stomp for the team. Thanos was cheapshotted. He put up the forcefields because he wanted to free galactus BEFORE he fought Drax. Stop ignoring what happened in the story avlon. QFT.

quanchi112

As for hulk and Sentry, talk on power levels is, once again, speculation. A writer explaining why the hulk reverted to Banner in that fight, if there was any confusion, is akin to the Drax situation, and is markedly different from the situation(s) you brought up. That would not be speculation. Agreed.

quanchi112
The possibility of that situation being recreated by any existing being has only been speculated on these boards and similar boards. A writing team stating that Drax is a unique situation is not speculation. It is a statement saying that at said point in time, Drax was an anomaly, rather than the norm. Until I see evidence showing otherwise, I don't see how anyone can logically argue against that. Exactly.

Avlon
Quit ignoring the context. Thanos resisted reality warping and battles with a matter manipulator. Warlock only accomplished this as a ghost against the weakest Thanos we saw who was shocked he was back.

Big deal, so have Surfer and Superman. Thanos was one shotted by a stone spell. Killed. Embarrassed. Pwned. He lost. Get over it.

Oh and they stomp in this thread.

LOL...at attempting inflammatory comments. How Fanboish. smile

quanchi112
And Superman's writer said that at the moment in time Superman channeled virtually limitless power. That is the reason's he was 1 shotting probes with ease. Hulk and Sentry were stated to be above Skyfather level.

It's all a writers opinion regardless on all ends. You take one, you take them all. Virtually limitless power is not limitless power. no expression

Avlon
Supes could hang with Imperiex but I have always though Galactus was greater than Imperiex so your theory doesnt fly.

Too bad the general consensus disagrees.

Entropy>Galactus.

quanchi112
Too bad the general consensus disagrees.

Entropy>Galactus. On here only. Thats fine. I have been right before on here and most have changed their minds to agree with me before.

Galactus>>>Superman sundipped by far.

Avlon
On here only. Thats fine. I have been right before on here and most have changed their minds to agree with me before.

Galactus>>>Superman sundipped by far.

Maybe you've been right before, but you've been wrong so, so, so many times more often.

Not if you're going by writers. smile

quanchi112
Maybe you've been right before, but you've been wrong so, so, so many times more often.

Not if you're going by writers. smile I was right many many times. You have been wrong a whole lot as well.

Its been explained to you by many posters but you cant help in twisting context because you hate Thanos so much. Its fine people always hate on the best. wink

Avlon
I was right many many times. You have been wrong a whole lot as well.

Nobody is right 100%. I've never been so wrong that a topic has closed, unlike yourself a couple of times.

Its been explained to you by many posters but you cant help in twisting context because you hate Thanos so much. Its fine people always hate on the best. wink

I have no problems with Thanos. I've even stated that I like him better than Darkseid. Now you on the other hand seem to hate DC altogether. If people hate the best then hey, Supes has tons more hate than Thanos. wink

That's fine though, it doesn't make me lose sleep at night. smile

quanchi112
Nobody is right 100%. I've never been so wrong that a topic has closed, unlike yourself a couple of times.

I have no problems with Thanos. I've even stated that I like him better than Darkseid. Now you on the other hand seem to hate DC altogether. If people hate the best then hey, Supes has tons more hate than Thanos. wink

That's fine though, it doesn't make me lose sleep at night. smile I never said anyone was correct all the time. But you said that I was wrong a lot.

Maybe you dont have a problem with Thanos but it seems you have a problem with me and to try to get to me you hate on Thanos.

I read lots of dc and really enjoy it. Just because I give certain marvel characters the wins over dc it doesnt mean I dont respect dc. I give dc characters many wins over marvel ones.

Avlon
I never said anyone was correct all the time. But you said that I was wrong a lot.

You are. Don't worry. I don't hate you for it Quan.

Maybe you dont have a problem with Thanos but it seems you have a problem with me and to try to get to me you hate on Thanos.

It's definitely an issue on your end. You like to make inflammatory comments to get a rise out of people and they get back at you. No reason to get emo about it.

I read lots of dc and really enjoy it. Just because I give certain marvel characters the wins over dc it doesnt mean I dont respect dc. I give dc characters many wins over marvel ones.

You enjoy what revolves around Thanos. Nothing wrong with it. I may disagree with you on plenty of things but you're free to like whatever you wish. wink

You can ignore me or try and debate with me peacefully. I'm fine either way.

quanchi112
You are. Don't worry. I don't hate you for it Quan.

It's definitely an issue on your end. You like to make inflammatory comments to get a rise out of people and they get back at you. No reason to get emo about it.

You enjoy what revolves around Thanos. Nothing wrong with it. I may disagree with you on plenty of things but you're free to like whatever you wish. wink

You can ignore me or try and debate with me peacefully. I'm fine either way. Again thats your opinion whether I like it or not.

I am not getting emo about anything I usually dont get revved up on here. When I debate against a character I go for the jugular.

We really should settle this ourselves and not turn this into another flame war. I like debating with the opposition. I come here more often than herochat because their is more opposition on here.

Ill continue to debate with anyone I disagree with. I have never ignored anyone nor will I ever. Well unless they are some sock of aj or someone not even talking about comics at all.

Avlon
Again thats your opinion whether I like it or not.

I am not getting emo about anything I usually dont get revved up on here. When I debate against a character I go for the jugular.

We really should settle this ourselves and not turn this into another flame war. I like debating with the opposition. I come here more often than herochat because their is more opposition on here.

Ill continue to debate with anyone I disagree with. I have never ignored anyone nor will I ever. Well unless they are some sock of aj or someone not even talking about comics at all.

Going for the jugular is fine when it's something feasable. Inflammatory comments and ignoring context will just give anyone problems. It's obvious you don't like it when it's done to your character.

You rarely ever see me say 10/10 wins unless it really is that unbalanced. I prefer to think about how many ways each character can win in a particular way over another. Very few things are constant in comics.

It's no different here than a Mac vs PC forum. People have their opinion and will stick to it no matter what.

quanchi112
Going for the jugular is fine when it's something feasable. Inflammatory comments and ignoring context will just give anyone problems. It's obvious you don't like it when it's done to your character.

You rarely ever see me say 10/10 wins unless it really is that unbalanced. I prefer to think about how many ways each character can win in a particular way over another. Very few things are constant in comics.

It's no different here than a Mac vs PC forum. People have their opinion and will stick to it no matter what. I dont ignore context.

Some fights are 10 of 10 domination brawls.

Its all fantasy though and it all depends on what the writers give us to work with.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>