I am moslem, I love jesus (pbuh) and his mother mary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mohammad
Hi all

My name is mohammad.
I am from saudi arabian.
Sorry I have poor english but I like it very much.
I love jesus (Peace be upon him) and his mother (mary) and believe him.

Her you will find all answers of your questios:

just go to this web-site........sultan.org

Our believe of:
Jesus: A very elect and highly esteemed messenger of God. No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe this.

Best rgds

mohammad

Shakyamunison
Hi, mohammad.

What is life like as a Christian in a Muslim country?

inimalist
Actually, I think his point is that Jesus is a holy figure to Muslims as well as Christians.

Since Islam rose out of a very strong Judeo-Christian influence, many of the symbols are carried over. Its both an interesting and memetically powerful belief that has risen out of this. All former messangers of God, be them Abraham, Moses, or Jesus, are truly messngers of allah, however they recieved only incomplete revelations.

Only Mohammed recieved the full revelation, which is a catch all for any discrepancies between older theologans and Mo. I've even heard Sidhartha and other Hindu/Eastern theologans/philosophers claimed as being inspired (if not recieving the full revelations) by Allah.

Its sort of a powerful way of accepting new people and ideas into the faith, and honestly, as a meme, makes Islam much more malliable than Christianity.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
Actually, I think his point is that Jesus is a holy figure to Muslims as well as Christians.

Since Islam rose out of a very strong Judeo-Christian influence, many of the symbols are carried over. Its both an interesting and memetically powerful belief that has risen out of this. All former messangers of God, be them Abraham, Moses, or Jesus, are truly messngers of allah, however they recieved only incomplete revelations.

Only Mohammed recieved the full revelation, which is a catch all for any discrepancies between older theologans and Mo. I've even heard Sidhartha and other Hindu/Eastern theologans/philosophers claimed as being inspired (if not recieving the full revelations) by Allah.

Its sort of a powerful way of accepting new people and ideas into the faith, and honestly, as a meme, makes Islam much more malliable than Christianity.

Oh! Then it's just a religious predatory tactic.

inimalist
if one wants to be cynical wink

so yes, yes it is

Tim Rout
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Oh! Then it's just a religious predatory tactic. Actually, Shaky, one must consider the guy's cultural context. He's a Saudi. Arab Muslims from that region generally think of all westerners as "Christians", so he's probably just making conversation and hoping we don't bite him. Additionally, as you well know, there are certain political/cultural/religious tensions between the US and the Middle East at present. I suspect his cautious approach to a western "Religion" forum is somewhat reflectant of this. I am encouraged that a Saudi Muslim would have the courage to engage this diverse (and often critical) group.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Tim Rout
Actually, Shaky, one must consider the guy's cultural context. He's a Saudi. Arab Muslims from that region generally think of all westerners as "Christians", so he's probably just making conversation and hoping we don't bite him. Additionally, as you well know, there are certain political/cultural/religious tensions between the US and the Middle East at present. I suspect his cautious approach to a western "Religion" forum is somewhat reflectant of this. I am encouraged that a Saudi Muslim would have the courage to engage this diverse (and often critical) group.

I was only talking about what inimalist said. wink

inimalist
Originally posted by Tim Rout
Actually, Shaky, one must consider the guy's cultural context. He's a Saudi. Arab Muslims from that region generally think of all westerners as "Christians", so he's probably just making conversation and hoping we don't bite him. Additionally, as you well know, there are certain political/cultural/religious tensions between the US and the Middle East at present. I suspect his cautious approach to a western "Religion" forum is somewhat reflectant of this. I am encouraged that a Saudi Muslim would have the courage to engage this diverse (and often critical) group.

indeed

however, the meme of "Your religious figures are our religious figures" seems rather interesting

investigated from a non-muslim non-religious perspective, especially with regards to how ideas spread and propogate over time, it appears as a very predatory meme which has allowed islam to flourish and spread.

How responsible it specifically is for the spread of Islam is clearly debateable, however, it is a VERY interesting belief imho. Certainly of more interest than the traditional "we have the answers, our God(s) are the best"

Da Pittman
I've been hearing a lot of new religions, I just found out a guy that works for us on contract is a Messianic Judaism.

Devil King
I see two socks talking to himself.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Devil King
I see two socks talking to himself.

I'm not a sock. stick out tongue

leonheartmm
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm not a sock. stick out tongue

but you smell like one. stick out tongue

lord xyz
I read I love jebus at first.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Again, another insightful comment.

In reference to Mo up there...Jesus loves you to...peace be upon you. stick out tongue

inimalist
Originally posted by Da Pittman
I've been hearing a lot of new religions, I just found out a guy that works for us on contract is a Messianic Judaism.

Is he the Emperor of the Earth?

or a reptile?

stick out tongue

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by inimalist
Is he the Emperor of the Earth?

or a reptile?

stick out tongue

I wonder if we would get away with worshiping Spyro the Dragon....

Bicnarok

leonheartmm
^sigh, no he isnt. allah in arabic = eloih in ancient hebrew. eloih was what the jews called their god among other names like YHWH. the two languages are very similar, being sister languages. eloih in hebrew truned to allah in arabic, just like shalom in hebrew turned to salam in arabic. the moon influence cant be overlooked but your oversimplifying the issue. the isa mentioned in quran IS very much jesus. isa and his mother marie and the miracle birth and the crucifixion {or lack thereof to muslims} . dont be silly, muslims knew quite well who jesus was, they wudnt be stupid to make a mistake like that. their beleif about him dying on the cross is another thing.

Symmetric Chaos

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
I wonder if we would get away with worshiping Spyro the Dragon....

I'd do it.

leonheartmm
spyro is way cooler than god! sparx is even cooler. they have neat worlds, neat characters, neta powers and neat soundtracks.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by leonheartmm
spyro is way cooler than god! sparx is even cooler. they have neat worlds, neat characters, neta powers and neat soundtracks.

God and Jesus have been in comic books stick out tongue

leonheartmm
so has lucifer, and he is the COOLEST!

Symmetric Chaos
so has lucifer, and he is the COOLEST!

*roars with laughter*

leonheartmm
STOP THAT! mad

lucifer morningstar is the coolest comic book character ever made! and dont you ****ing forget it either! mad

Symmetric Chaos
I was just surprised you'd heard of him.

leonheartmm
lucifer morningstar has been my favourite comic book character for YEARS. wonder how you missed that. im a huge vertigo fan and have read most of the famous works or carey/gaiman/morre/miller etc even outside vertigo. anyhows, i hope u werent being sarcastic. {btw, the guy with the snake in my siggies is also lucifer from the angel sanctuary manga.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Comic Books...

mohammad

leonheartmm
mohammad, you are under the misconception that the majority of people in the west are christians. they are not, and most definately, the majority of people on this forum are not christians. they are agnostics/athesist or follow some not so mainstream beleifs.

Comic Books...

can be more interesting than the bible {no offence}. i personally find lucifer and sandman more interesting than the new testament or the quran.

Robtard
Comic Books...

Maybe the OT started out as a comic book of sorts? It certainly has similar fantastic stories.

leonheartmm
naah, it doesnt have illustrations. those came later. besides, it WUD be a helluva lot easier and simpler to nuderstand as a comic book

Grand_Moff_Gav
mohammad, you are under the misconception that the majority of people in the west are christians. they are not, and most definately, the majority of people on this forum are not christians. they are agnostics/athesist or follow some not so mainstream beleifs.

can be more interesting than the bible {no offence}. i personally find lucifer and sandman more interesting than the new testament or the quran.

Yeah...but you get that whole label that goes with comic books...

leonheartmm
^you havent read sandman or lucifer or hellblazer. that is why you say what you say. read em an get back to me.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, I've never read a proper comic book...I read the Beano tho...aren't they expensive?

leonheartmm
download torrents my friend smile . they are all there.

Bicnarok

leonheartmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.