Sonic Unleashed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

@st
Wow, this looks like the same old crap. erm

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/6437.html

Yoshi Paradise
It looks good to me.

Blax_Hydralisk
'eff 3-D Sonic.

And people rip on Halo roll eyes (sarcastic)

@st
They rip Sonic too, I know I sure as hell do. stick out tongue

Blax_Hydralisk
Then you're a braver man then I. I'm afraid that if I so similar ESB-1138 will jump on me and attack me with loads of copy and pasted game sales statistics from websites.

@st
lol

Im sorry, but the 3D Sonics are all awful too me, including Secret Rings. Mario made a seamless jump to 3D, Sonic has had handful of tries and still cant pull it off, its sad. Sonic team needs to let someone else help develop or something, they just dont have it.

Yoshi Paradise
At least Sonic Team can make some great music.

((The_Anomaly))
yea Sonic doesn't translate into 3d well...the best Sonic games since the Genisis have been the Sonic Rush games on the DS, everything else has been really mediocre or REALLY bad. Secret Rings on Wii wasn't too bad, but it still was nothing amazing.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by @st
lol

Im sorry, but the 3D Sonics are all awful too me, including Secret Rings. Mario made a seamless jump to 3D, Sonic has had handful of tries and still cant pull it off, its sad. Sonic team needs to let someone else help develop or something, they just dont have it. I thought the sonic for the dreamcast was a pretty good game. Other than that they seem to can't master 3d for sonic.

General Kaliero
Ehh, every time a new Sonic is announced I stubbornly hold out hope for another Sonic Adventure 2. It's theoretically possible for them to do it again.

I'm more worried about the leaked promo art depicting what appears to be a "Were-Sonic". erm

Arachnid1
This games going to be great. They actually went back to a (2D run with some 3D). This game will be the reviver of the sonic series.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Ehh, every time a new Sonic is announced I stubbornly hold out hope for another Sonic Adventure 2. It's theoretically possible for them to do it again.

I'm more worried about the leaked promo art depicting what appears to be a "Were-Sonic". erm

Can you post it?

General Kaliero
http://www.netraptor.org/temp/SonicUnleashed.jpg

It terrifies me, because it seems like... lower than B-movie, in video game form.

Yoshi Paradise
Wow, that looks weird.

@st

It terrifies me, because it seems like... lower than B-movie, in video game form.

Twilight Hedgehog? ermm

ESB -1138
Oh crap....didn't Sonic Team learn anything from that horrible thing called Sonic the Hedgehog 2006? Hopefully...it will be decent

ThoraxeRMG
The only good recent game that Sonic was in was Super Smash Brothers Brawl. And it may stay that way. XD

ESB -1138
Sonic Rush/Adventure were good games and Secret Rings was decent but looking at the video this game seems to have potential. Unless of course they decide to make Sonic slow like they did in Sonic 2006.

Yoshi Paradise
happy I just hope that Amy Rose is in this game.

xNIXSONx
i think Sonic Rush on the ds was pretty successful, it got a good review, and it was like 2.5D so it was like 3-D sidescroller. And i guess that mite work better, i dont think sonic works in a 3D plane, and if they made Sonic and the art direction look more pixar like Open Season or even Ratchet and Clank it would look sick too in my opinion

@st
I think if Sega made a 2D Sonic game on current consoles with 3D graphics and backgrounds, that would work. Not everything has to be in 3D, some things just dont fit that style.

ESB -1138
I like the way the game looks. It seems they finally decided to try to take Sonic out of realism and put him into a setting that would actually fit.

ragesRemorse

Dude, its sonic the hedgehog. All of the lore surrounding sonic is B movie...,or what i consider to be Z movie.

MadMel
holy crap, its a were-hog!! stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
Sonic R needs a sequel damnit.. and with another good soundtrack ><

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by @st

I'm sorry for sounding erratic, but are by some chance F***ING BLIND!?! This looks not a damn thing like anything one the consoles from Sonic Adventure to Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. This is basically the single step backwards that Sega's been needing to take in order to make Sonic games what they used to be. So if by same old crap, you mean the glory days of the early 1990's, then I'd agree, otherwise, you're drawing up a goddamned blank.

Though I will admit that the whole were-hedgehog thing seems kind of gimmicky.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
This looks not a damn thing like anything one the consoles from Sonic Adventure to Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. I'm personally not seeing this... I dont think anyones talking about the graphics as much as they are about the level design... and it looks to be just about the same crap as all of sonics recent failures

I think any pre-gameplay opinion could be considered jumping the gun.. but they probably will have to try much much harder (kind of like how SNK is hand drawing all of their KoF XII sprites) in order to bring some kind of respect back to the sonic franchise

http://the-magicbox.com/0803/game080326b.shtml

@st
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
I'm sorry for sounding erratic, but are by some chance F***ING BLIND!?! This looks not a damn thing like anything one the consoles from Sonic Adventure to Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. This is basically the single step backwards that Sega's been needing to take in order to make Sonic games what they used to be. So if by same old crap, you mean the glory days of the early 1990's, then I'd agree, otherwise, you're drawing up a goddamned blank.

Though I will admit that the whole were-hedgehog thing seems kind of gimmicky.

Uhoh, I pissed off the sheep. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gameplay wise that trailer looks just like any other 3D Sonic to me. All I said was "it looks like the same old shit", I didnt say "well this game sucks, bye". It looks like more run for two seconds, then have control taken away as you bounce on springs and run fixed paths. To me, the game looks like shit, the werewolf looks like someone in Sonic Team said "what can we do to sell games without fixing it?".

Kero_Co
Looking forward to it, until it comes out. That's the way it always is with me and sonic nowadays. Except Dark Brotherhood, I'm hitting that.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by @st
Uhoh, I pissed off the sheep. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gameplay wise that trailer looks just like any other 3D Sonic to me. All I said was "it looks like the same old shit", I didnt say "well this game sucks, bye". It looks like more run for two seconds, then have control taken away as you bounce on springs and run fixed paths. To me, the game looks like shit, the werewolf looks like someone in Sonic Team said "what can we do to sell games without fixing it?".
Not disagreeing with you, Ast, but... aren't all Sonic games pretty much like that? You know the old joke about how all you have to do to beat Sonic 1 is hold right on the D-pad. The only difference, really, is fewer branching paths.

@st
Yeah, that thought crossed my mind, but you still seemed to have more control in the 2D games, you would jump over and attack enemies and such. When you start hitting springs and loops in the 3D games it just seems like you watch him go, if you try to control him you run the risk of running into oblivion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by @st

Yea but it's got Unleashed in the title, which means it HAS to be good. It is good to see the old Eggman back after the simi-realistic one in Sonic the Hedgehog version. I wonder if they will bring in ANOTHER new Hedgehog.

First_Tsurugi06
You think I'm talking about the graphics? Well, if so, I'm not. What I mean is that this doesn't at all look to have the same gameplay style that Sonic Adventure and onward to Sonic 2006 had, and I honestly don't know where someone comes from saying it does. Gameplaywise, it's blasphemic to say this looks anything like Sonic Adventure.

First of all, if you ever played any of the old Sonic games, running through a generally fixed path at high speeds is kind of what the series played to in the beginning, springs were there since day one, as were the dashing boards to "take away your control". With a clear approach at 2D-camera sidescrolling, a likely-to-be infrequent Secret Rings-esque camera view, and a few obstacles to actually jump over mid-running, I don't see how this is closer in anyway to Sonic's recent console games (except fro maybe the grinding rails, which were ever really all that bad). There's a chance that most of the stuff shown was through demonstrational-based camera angles (they did that with Sonic 2006 trailers, after all).

Even the music in the trailer sounds like something from an older Sonic game.

Blax_Hydralisk
So what you're saying is...

It IS all the same old shit?

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
Yea but it's got Unleashed in the title, which means it HAS to be good. It is good to see the old Eggman back after the simi-realistic one in Sonic the Hedgehog version. I wonder if they will bring in ANOTHER new Hedgehog.
For the record, I liked the realistic Doctor. It was one of the very few things I thought Sonic'06 did well.

Neo Darkhalen
I could not find a thread on this so here goes...this is a new Sonic game that mixes 2D and 3D together, from what i can gather, some how Eggman traps sonic in a device, is attacked by something, the world shatters into 7 parts and Sonic turns into a werehog....yes a werehog.

CRO4OtL4UMA
zSw4lCjJBe8

Wiki source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Unleashed

Sonic Unleashed is an upcoming video game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. The name was trademarked by Sega on March 12, 2008.Screenshots of cut scenes and gameplay were posted ten days later along with a video shortly after. The title was then officially confirmed on April 3, with a small selection of screenshots and an updated video. The gameplay style is markedly different when compared to recent games. It will focus on two-dimensional platforming levels, displayed in 3D, as well as fast, fully-3D controllable stages. Gameplay will seamlessly transition between these two modes.

Finally a few pics big grin

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/1305.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/opb053editcur0060.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/opb069editcur0060.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/sonic-the-hedgehog_02b.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/sonic-unleashed-screens-20080403094.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/sonic-unleashed-screens-20080403-1.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/Sonic-Unleashed-Wii-55.jpg
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/Darkhalen/untitled.jpg

Tried to find the eggman one but i could not, he's in his adventure style not 2006 style.

EDIT: WAIT I FOUND A THREAD THE SAME, THIS IS GOING TO BE MERGED I GUESS, SORRY ABOUT THAT!

@st
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=480335&highlight=title%3A%28sonic%29+forumid%3A66

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Neo Darkhalen
Do you not read....look at the bold text......idiot.

@st
Actually I didnt read the post. All I saw was "I could not find a thread".....*******.

Neo Darkhalen
Honestly what i have to put up with stick out tongue

i was only joking with you BTW. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Merged... Search button is your friend... I'm getting tired of saying this... ermm

Meanwhile, the Wii version is being developed separately, by the Rush guys, and will feature more 2D-style gameplay than the 360/PS3 version. There is a small chance the Wii version could be good.

Neo Darkhalen
Merged... Search button is your friend... I'm getting tired of saying this... ermm

Meanwhile, the Wii version is being developed separately, by the Rush guys, and will feature more 2D-style gameplay than the 360/PS3 version. There is a small chance the Wii version could be good.

I hope so....and i missed the thread....we all make mistakes.

And it would be a were-hog GK not a were-sonic stick out tongue

Yoshi Paradise
nahuh The search function is so underused.

Anyway, I hope Amy Rose is in this game.

General Kaliero
What is your obsession with Amy?

Personally, I'd rather have Blaze.

Yoshi Paradise
I'm not obsessed with Amy. wink

I just think that she's a funny character since she brings humor to almost every Sonic game.

Neo Darkhalen
What is your obsession with Amy?

Personally, I'd rather have Blaze.

Blaze is much better then Amy, Amy is just a annoyance, an annoyance that tests my patience in the games she appears in, Blaze on the other hand is just an awesome character who should appear in more games.

ESB -1138
Amy is alright but she should be given more of a Peach/Zelda role in Sonic games. I just want Sonic in this game maybe Tails and Knuckles but only if they can added in without just being (felt) thrown in and say Sonic Next-Gen.

ESB -1138
Man, seeing the trailers and hearing that Unleashed is using a new development team I'm actually getting kind of excited about this game...but I know that Sonic Team has been known to destroy my excitement very quickly.

Yoshi Paradise
Here's the E3 trailer for this game.

VmkZpXZ0G8A

Neo Darkhalen
If the game is that good with good controls then my faith in Sonic will be restored....one thing though.....please make Eggman a straight out villain this time, the only villain.

Yoshi Paradise
Here's another good video of this game.

TJl0x6pF4Q8

THE JLRTENJAC
I don't understand why the people creating sonic games like this don't understand that speed is the key to a good sonic game (The only exception being Sonic Chronicles) This game looked like it understood that concept untill the slow were-hog surfaced.

I just want someone to come out with a true 3D sonic game that is based entirely on speed (And no I don't mean like Sonic and the secret rings because that game is not good.) and not stomping enemies, or solving puzzles.

Personally, I think this game could've been redemption for sonic... up untill the were-hog stuff, and now I have lost faith. sad

General Kaliero
I'm not gonna judge the were-hog stuff until I've actually played it.

Also, the Wii version is supposed to have more focus on the running stages than the PS3/360 version, so there is that.

Just hope it's handled better than the Wii version of TFU.

ESB -1138
The Wii version is being made by the people who made Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure while the 360/PS3 version is being made by the people who made Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by ESB -1138
The Wii version is being made by the people who made Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure while the 360/PS3 version is being made by the people who made Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.
And look at the comparative fun levels of Rush and NextGen... yeah.

Yoshi Paradise
I'm pretty sure that playing as a "were-hog" will be fun.

In other words, the Wii version is going to be much better than the Xbox 360 and PS3 version.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
In other words, the Wii version is going to be much better than the Xbox 360 and PS3 version.

I'm going to hold my judgment on both versions till they're released.

THE JLRTENJAC

Oh God... Sonic the Hedgehog was a baaaaaaad game.

I never played Rush, but heared good things about it.

But, if they never have another human-animal romantic relationship in the sonic series then I shall consiter that a step in the right direction for the blue blur.

MadMel
Here's the E3 trailer for this game.

VmkZpXZ0G8A

badass...this trailer is reason enough for me to consider this game stick out tongue

luffyjin
nahuh The search function is so underused.

Anyway, I hope Amy Rose is in this game.

Personally I'd rather just have Sonic...

These unneccessary whordes of characters do nothing but dissapoint me. Though I have to say I do like Blaze's character design a bit better than Amy's.

The Wii version Is shaping up quite nicely and the graphics are amazing ^-^~

Neo Darkhalen
It's keeping just Sonic as the playable character in the main story mode (which is good, because all the more modern games have taken the emphasis away from him and that's one of the main reasons why they have failed.)

But other characters will be playable in the returning battle mode of the game.

Yoshi Paradise
Here's another video for this game.

4DoTghvSBzE

It looks good to me.

Neo Darkhalen
Anyone dare say this is a spiritual successor to Ice cap zone?

ESB -1138
FINALLY got to play this game today. So far I like it. It has some problems (namely the Werehog parts) but it's a HUGE improvement over Sonic Next-Gen. The regular Sonic levels are tons of fun even surpassing Secret Rings which I found to give a huge sense of speed which Unleashed just blew out of the water. I'll give it a more in-depth review when I've beaten it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.