HANCOCK(will smith) vs SUPERMAN(routh) vs HULK(eric bana)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
three comic movie titans battle it out.

hancock
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_sV6Dy8S9o8

superman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=W1QvEyLDQuU&feature=related

hulk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S25FPS3L_UQ&feature=related

fight in......wherever they want?

Mindset
Hancock is the way I wish Superman was. smile

carver9
Im giving this to hancock.

Placidity
Um I can't watch the Hancock video right now, does anyone mind describing his powers? Judging by the general opinion, he must be quite powerful...

Dark-Jaxx
He basically has powers similar to Supes. He has shown extreme speed, able to causr Sonic Booms easily(while drunk), his strength is enough to throw a child thousands of feet in the air and catch her before she lands, he grabbed a whale by the tail and easily chucked it back into water, a missile heading for his was singlehandedly pushed out of the way and into a car. His durability is at least on the level to take explosions without real injury.

Placidity
^ I guess you probably won't be able to tell from the clip,

But is he someone that strikes you as being able to lift an entire continent or survive extremely high temperatures (think lava^^ )?

steverules
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
He basically has powers similar to Supes. He has shown extreme speed, able to causr Sonic Booms easily(while drunk), his strength is enough to throw a child thousands of feet in the air and catch her before she lands, he grabbed a whale by the tail and easily chucked it back into water, a missile heading for his was singlehandedly pushed out of the way and into a car. His durability is at least on the level to take explosions without real injury.

In the video it was a dude....but he looked like a girl, played young Mike big grin

spetznaz

I'm really waiting for the movie. The trailers look pretty good.

As for the powers question, I would say that his powers are analogous to those of Superman, but more akin to the physical manifestation of the powers of (say) Captain Marvel/Black Adam.

After all, he has super strength, super-speed and durability. Like Cap Marvel.

But he does not have (at least based on the preview) heat vision and other forms of vision (e.g. x-ray, although by how he looks up at the kid he threw he might have telecospic vision), ice breath, etc.

So he may be more akin to Captain Marvel/Black Adam rather than a true and proper Kryptonian/Daxamite (who have additional powers). Thus he seems to be more of a Shazam-power user, but without the magic component (although, again, this is simply based on the movie trailer).

Either way, he appears quite cool.

In terms of feats .....even movie Hulk (who was quite weak) can shrug off a small missile (like the one in Hancock), should be able to toss a whale (maybe not as far, based on the distance he tossed the tank in the Hulk movie, but he should still be able to toss the whale), can easily smash vehicles (and as mentioned, he did mash up a tank pretty well), and would certainly be able to toss a kid way up into the air. And that is movie Hulk (the first movie), who was not exactly the 'strongest there is.'

Routh Superman, based on movie continuity, is the Reeves Superman once he returns from space. Reeves Superman was at pre-crisis levels (including that whole time-reversal thing). Although, even if we ignore pre-Routh movies, even in the recent SM movie the guy was basically lifting a land mass (be it a large island, or a small continent ....fact is it was a large land mass that was partially kryptonite tinged). That is a feat to be proud of.

While the judgement is out on Hancock (movie about to come out), and the NEW Hulk (had to use the first Hulk movie), so far the winner has to be the Routh Superman. Even without the Reeves feats, the Routh feats alone are at the top-most echelon of movie character feats (that is, if we ignore Reeves feats, and anyways per movie continuity it is the SAME Superman, just different actors).

jrodslam
Hancock.

Most impressive thing Routh did way lift the kryptonite continent. So far, Hancock is looking very very impressive. Very.

jadervason
Originally posted by steverules

RoboCop FTW

celestialdemon
Can't decide on Hancock until we actually see the movie.

Entity
Originally posted by jrodslam
Hancock.

Most impressive thing Routh did way lift the kryptonite continent. So far, Hancock is looking very very impressive. Very.

Someone please explain to me how the hell, he was able to throw a continent, made of kryptonite while having part of a kryptonite crystal still lodged in his side, into outer space like 10 minutes after getting a beat down form 3 normal humans while just standing on it?

Also how did he not feel form like a mile away that he was about to step onto a kryptonite continent?

And how are any of us anywhere near qualified enough right now to compare Hancock to anyone yet?
Who has any idea what he's truly capable of or how limited he really is unless you've managed to see a screening preview specially.

Originally posted by Mindset
Hancock is the way I wish Superman was. smile Agreed based on what I've seen so far.

Definitely looks like it's a much much more interesting and incredibly more realistic superman that I could actually appreciate. cool

Soljer
Judging by the trailers I've seen for Hancock, Routh stomps in this match.

I may have to revisit my opinion in the near future, but I find it doubtful.

steverules
Originally posted by jadervason
RoboCop FTW

Damn steps

Marvelknight
superdur ftw.

h1a8
I go with Routh. Without the limitation of kryptonite, Superman was able to move moons (from Superman IV). But Hancock is right there. He tossed a nearly 100 ton whale a long a$$ distance like it was a feather.

Soljer
Originally posted by h1a8
I go with Routh. Without the limitation of kryptonite, Superman was able to move moons (from Superman IV). But Hancock is right there. He tossed a nearly 100 ton whale a long a$$ distance like it was a feather.

Superman IV is not canon to Routh Superman.

Only one and two are, if I recall correctly.

psycho gundam
i guess routh is the obvious choice here.

but an interesting memory occurred to me, this HAD to be brought up before in defense of sentry-

in superman returns kal had to catch and land a jumbo jet full of passengers right.....the directors at least payed attention to physics and aerodynamics in that scene so it would look and film right.

superman, let alone pre-crisis can obviously stop the jet with his strength/flight but at the cost of the occupants if he really gave his all, to me and others the same applies with the sentry hellicarrier incident.some posters discredited his heroic actions for weakness when the former was correct. he had displayed power that would destroy the helicarrier killing hundreds of government officials, he simply curbed his thrust as he would have punched a hole through the hull when the logical choice was to wait and allow his teammates to level and bare the structure.

idunno, i think sentry is pretty close to superman in a lot of areas and the feat in superman returns sort of reinforces that.

TrollDog
Originally posted by spetznaz
I'm really waiting for the movie. The trailers look pretty good.

As for the powers question, I would say that his powers are analogous to those of Superman, but more akin to the physical manifestation of the powers of (say) Captain Marvel/Black Adam.

After all, he has super strength, super-speed and durability. Like Cap Marvel.

But he does not have (at least based on the preview) heat vision and other forms of vision (e.g. x-ray, although by how he looks up at the kid he threw he might have telecospic vision), ice breath, etc.

So he may be more akin to Captain Marvel/Black Adam rather than a true and proper Kryptonian/Daxamite (who have additional powers). Thus he seems to be more of a Shazam-power user, but without the magic component (although, again, this is simply based on the movie trailer).

Either way, he appears quite cool.

In terms of feats .....even movie Hulk (who was quite weak) can shrug off a small missile (like the one in Hancock), should be able to toss a whale (maybe not as far, based on the distance he tossed the tank in the Hulk movie, but he should still be able to toss the whale), can easily smash vehicles (and as mentioned, he did mash up a tank pretty well), and would certainly be able to toss a kid way up into the air. And that is movie Hulk (the first movie), who was not exactly the 'strongest there is.'

Routh Superman, based on movie continuity, is the Reeves Superman once he returns from space. Reeves Superman was at pre-crisis levels (including that whole time-reversal thing). Although, even if we ignore pre-Routh movies, even in the recent SM movie the guy was basically lifting a land mass (be it a large island, or a small continent ....fact is it was a large land mass that was partially kryptonite tinged). That is a feat to be proud of.

While the judgement is out on Hancock (movie about to come out), and the NEW Hulk (had to use the first Hulk movie), so far the winner has to be the Routh Superman. Even without the Reeves feats, the Routh feats alone are at the top-most echelon of movie character feats (that is, if we ignore Reeves feats, and anyways per movie continuity it is the SAME Superman, just different actors). Daaamn.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Soljer
Superman IV is not canon to Routh Superman.

Only one and two are, if I recall correctly.
yup, and here is the reason why:

supermanII-

"The Way It Was Supposed To Be:
Superman II was to be Richard Donner's epic tale of earth's mightiest protector, and why he decided to let aliens take over the world so he could get some poontang. Superman II probably contains the first true superhero-movie brawl, a violent dust-up between Superman and General Zod that leaves the Man of Steel crushed beneath a bus.

Most of Superman II was actually shot at the same time as the original, by Donner. Donner was more of the Christopher Nolan school of superhero movies, rather than the Joel Schumacher one, meaning he didn't see the need for a lot of goofball camp in his superhero movies. He even brought on his own writer on both films to smooth out the most retarded parts of the scripts.

This all worked great, except for the fact that the producers hated Donner's guts, though probably not as much as he hated theirs. He was booted off the project with 75 percent of the film shot.

The "Improved" Version:
The studio brought in director Richard Lester to re-film much of the movie. The resulting film marks the exact moment in which a franchise that already hinged on an invulnerable man traveling through time by spinning really fast, became ridiculous.

For some reason, Lester thought it would be a good idea to splice slapstick comedy scenes that played like rejected America's Funniest Home Videos clips into the vicious superhero battle. So, when the bad guys unleash their super breath on the city, we are treated to a shot of an ice cream cone flying into a dude's face.

Lester also felt the need to give the Kryptonians a series of increasingly bizarre and useless powers. Apparently, the powers that be felt that flight, super strength, super speed, invulnerability, heat vision, ice breath, x-ray vision, time travel and super-ventriloquism weren't sufficient. In one of the most inexplicable changes to the Superman mythos, our hero is given the power to tear the insignia off of his costume and throw it at an enemy. Yes, they gave him super-logo powers.

Is it unfair to say that everything that was good about Superman II was due to Donner, and that all of the goofy parts were Lester's fault? Let's put it this way: When Lester was finally given control of an entire film from the start, he gave the world Superman III.

Where you can find the original:
In 2006, Donner re-created his film using his scrapped footage, and released it on DVD as Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut."

blame the director/writers

Soljer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i guess routh is the obvious choice here.

but an interesting memory occurred to me, this HAD to be brought up before in defense of sentry-

in superman returns kal had to catch and land a jumbo jet full of passengers right.....the directors at least payed attention to physics and aerodynamics in that scene so it would look and film right.

superman, let alone pre-crisis can obviously stop the jet with his strength/flight but at the cost of the occupants if he really gave his all, to me and others the same applies with the sentry hellicarrier incident.some posters discredited his heroic actions for weakness when the former was correct. he had displayed power that would destroy the helicarrier killing hundreds of government officials, he simply curbed his thrust as he would have punched a hole through the hull when the logical choice was to wait and allow his teammates to level and bare the structure.

idunno, i think sentry is pretty close to superman in a lot of areas and the feat in superman returns sort of reinforces that.

Lulz. Movies aren't canon to the comic characters. Superman juggles skyscrapers while balancing two 747s on each of his big toes.

Endless Mike
Kind of off-topic, but I am of the opinion that Superman II was the best superhero movie ever made

psycho gundam
Lulz. Movies aren't canon to the comic characters. Superman juggles skyscrapers while balancing two 747s on each of his big toes. yeah but you do notice nowadays even the writers of superman are refraining from stupid shit like that now. the movie was testament to their maturity when it comes to depicting feats.

they are steadily purging their titles of ridiculous bs.

Soljer
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Kind of off-topic, but I am of the opinion that Superman II was the best superhero movie ever made

Donner cut >>>> Superman II.

psycho gundam
Donner cut >>>> Superman II. yup, donner took his movie back and fixed it.

Avlon
Supes ftw.

Hancock at this point seems like he would stalemate with G-girl.

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/images/2638.jpg

DestinyGuy678
I dunno hancocks fight seemed pretty intense...like his fight created a hurricane...or he was fighting a hurricane or something like that and the way he stops a train with one arm easily....that has to be an extreme feat of strength

spetznaz
One more thing: The 'Bullet Test.'

Let me explain:

BULLET TEST NO. 1:
Superman (Routh): The guy was basically getting shot at with an AP Gattling Gun, and he basically shrugged off the entire fussilade like they were droplets of water. However, MORE IMPORTANTLY (when it comes to the 'Bullet Test' TM), he got a single bullet fired at him from a handgun, point blank range, at his eye! And the bullet, upon coming into contact with his cornea, simply got mashed up and fell down.
The guy was perfectly invulnerable, to the point that a slug cannot even TICKLE his eye in the least.

SUPERMAN (ROUTH) PASSES THE 'BULLET TEST.'

BULLET TEST NO. 2:
The Hulk (First movie): The Hulk horribly fails the 'Bullet Test.' Well, while he cannot be killed by bullets (many were fired at him, from personell weapons to miniguns in Comanche attack helicopters), the EFFECT of those bullets on him were easy to note.
For one, they definitely irritated him. He FELT them. They did not hurt him, but he felt them (compare and contrast with Routh getting shot in the eye and .....well, nothing!)
SECONDLY, the impact of the bullets on his skin left ripple marks. They were actually going in a bit before bouncing off (again, compare that effect on movie Hulk's skin with the effect of the bullet on Superman's eye).
Basically, while the Hulk can be said to be invulnerable to bullets, he is not at the same level as the Routh Superman (clearly).
I believe at one point in the movie one of the bad guys was trying to stick some drill thingimajig into the Hulk's eye when he was immobilized by the sticky-goo stuff.
He does not pass the 'Bullet Test' to the same level as Routh.

BULLET TEST NO. 3:
Then we have Hancock. Now, this is obviously being written before the movie comes out, so it is SOLELY based on the trailer.
What is apparent is that Hancock definitely passes the 'Bullet Test.' The only question is HOW WELL he passes it.
I think he does very well.
For one, there is a scene where he crash lands into a car with perps, and they shoot at him. The bullets ricochet off him, and strike two of the perps.
If you look at that shot in the trailer, you will realize that his sun-glasses have two holes in them (where the eyes should be). Now, that is only based on the trailer, but it does seem as if he passed the bullet-in-the-eye test.

CONCLUSION:
Routh's character definitely passes the 'Bullet Test.'
So does Will Smith's character.

The Hulk, on the other hand, fails (well ...technically fails, because even though he may not DIE from bullets, he is not breezing through them either pain free .....based on the first movie. So Hulk fans, I am NOT talking about comicbook Hulk).

Thus you can eliminate the Hulk based on the 'Bullet Test,' leaving Superman and Hancock.

Then this is where my first post picks up from (comparing the Routh movie with the Hancock trailer, which is somewhat unfair). However, so far, tossing a land-mass (be it a large island or a small continent) DEFINITELY trumps tossing a whale a mile-off into the sea.

Easily.

And that doesn't include the other powers that Superman brings to the fight that Hancock does not.
Hancock is basically a Black Adam/Captain Marvel character, who are basically Superman WITHOUT the full-array of powers (all they have is strength, speed, invulnerability and flight). The only reason people say that Black Adam and Captian Marvel can be a problem from Kal El is because their powers are magic based, otherwise they would be Superman-lite.

Hancock's powers, so far, are not magic based. Thus, he is basically Superman (and we don't know whether he is as strong as Routh's Superman, but let's assume he is in the ball park ....which may not be the case), but with only flight, strength and speed (again, even Iron Man can cause a sonic boom, but movie Superman is much faster than that). He does not have the other powers Superman would bring to the fight.

Anyways, in my opinion, the ranking would be Routh (Superman)-Will(Hancock) -Eric (Hulk), with the Hulk not even DESERVING to be in the fight (he is better of struggling against gamma-irradiated poodles), and Hancock being based on a trailer.

Either way, the Hancock movie will be super. It will show what Superman would be if he took lessons from Black Adam (and maybe also from Tony Stark in the alcohol department).

The movie Hulk (first movie) is better off fighting movie Iron Man than tangling against Routh Superman or Hancock. Either would simply kill him (with Hancock doing it in a spectacularly cool way)

spetznaz
BTW .....on the 2nd Hulk movie. I am so glad that it is not Ang Lee doing it ....Ang is a great 'auteur,' and a great cinematic artist. However that was like serving hamburger meat at a 4-star Michelin star restaurant ....too much 'oomph.'

The 2nd Hulk movie will be great.

The Pict
Superman ftw

Placidity

Let me explain:

BULLET TEST NO. 1:
Superman (Routh): The guy was basically getting shot at with an AP Gattling Gun, and he basically shrugged off the entire fussilade like they were droplets of water. However, MORE IMPORTANTLY (when it comes to the 'Bullet Test' TM), he got a single bullet fired at him from a handgun, point blank range, at his eye! And the bullet, upon coming into contact with his cornea, simply got mashed up and fell down.
The guy was perfectly invulnerable, to the point that a slug cannot even TICKLE his eye in the least.

BULLET TEST NO. 2:
The Hulk (First movie): The Hulk horribly fails the 'Bullet Test.' Well, while he cannot be killed by bullets (many were fired at him, from personell weapons to miniguns in Comanche attack helicopters), the EFFECT of those bullets on him were easy to note.
For one, they definitely irritated him. He FELT them. They did not hurt him, but he felt them (compare and contrast with Routh getting shot in the eye and .....well, nothing!)
SECONDLY, the impact of the bullets on his skin left ripple marks. They were actually going in a bit before bouncing off (again, compare that effect on movie Hulk's skin with the effect of the bullet on Superman's eye).
Basically, while the Hulk can be said to be invulnerable to bullets, he is not at the same level as the Routh Superman (clearly).
I believe at one point in the movie one of the bad guys was trying to stick some drill thingimajig into the Hulk's eye when he was immobilized by the sticky-goo stuff.

BULLET TEST NO. 3:
Then we have Hancock. Now, this is obviously being written before the movie comes out, so it is SOLELY based on the trailer.
What is apparent is that Hancock definitely passes the 'Bullet Test.' The only question is HOW WELL he passes it.
For one, there is a scene where he crash lands into a car with perps, and they shoot at him. The bullets ricochet off him, and strike two of the perps.
If you look at that shot in the trailer, you will realize that his sun-glasses have two holes in them (where the eyes should be). Now, that is only based on the trailer, but it does seem as if he passed the bullet-in-the-eye test.

CONCLUSION:

The Hulk, on the other hand, fails (well ...technically fails, because even though he may not DIE from bullets, he is not breezing through them either pain free .....based on the first movie. So Hulk fans, I am NOT talking about comicbook Hulk).

Thus you can eliminate the Hulk based on the 'Bullet Test,' leaving Superman and Hancock.

Then this is where my first post picks up from (comparing the Routh movie with the Hancock trailer, which is somewhat unfair). However, so far, tossing a land-mass (be it a large island or a small continent) DEFINITELY trumps tossing a whale a mile-off into the sea.

Easily.

And that doesn't include the other powers that Superman brings to the fight that Hancock does not.
Hancock is basically a Black Adam/Captain Marvel character, who are basically Superman WITHOUT the full-array of powers (all they have is strength, speed, invulnerability and flight). The only reason people say that Black Adam and Captian Marvel can be a problem from Kal El is because their powers are magic based, otherwise they would be Superman-lite.

Hancock's powers, so far, are not magic based. Thus, he is basically Superman (and we don't know whether he is as strong as Routh's Superman, but let's assume he is in the ball park ....which may not be the case), but with only flight, strength and speed (again, even Iron Man can cause a sonic boom, but movie Superman is much faster than that). He does not have the other powers Superman would bring to the fight.

Anyways, in my opinion, the ranking would be Routh (Superman)-Will(Hancock) -Eric (Hulk), with the Hulk not even DESERVING to be in the fight (he is better of struggling against gamma-irradiated poodles), and Hancock being based on a trailer.

Either way, the Hancock movie will be super. It will show what Superman would be if he took lessons from Black Adam (and maybe also from Tony Stark in the alcohol department).

The movie Hulk (first movie) is better off fighting movie Iron Man than tangling against Routh Superman or Hancock. Either would simply kill him (with Hancock doing it in a spectacularly cool way)

Firstly, nice analysis wink

But I think it might be flawed, especially the bullet test.

All the bullet test shows is level of durability. While it is definately an important factor, it doesn't mean an automatic loss for the Hulk. Strength and Speed should also be considered. Who knows if the Hulk could rival Hancock's strength?
So we see that the Hulk is not as durable, but can Hancock exploit Hulk's inferior durability to a point where he can win? We know the Hulk has high stamina and endurance, so its quite possible he could take any punishment from Hancock, all the while getting madder and stronger, maybe to the point where he could finally defeat him.

Also, what kind of bullets were Hancock shot with? I'm still unable to watch the trailer yet, but its important to draw accurate comparisons. For example, it can be assumed that the impact from the Gattling gun (in SR) and the minigun (from the Hulk) are comparable. So what kind of rounds was Hancock shot with?

Anyway in the new Hulk trailers and TV spots, Blonksy (human form) shoots several rounds (9mm) into Hulk's face with no effect. So maybe the Hulk in the new film might be more powerful.

So what I'm trying to say is... don't dismiss the Hulk yet!

The thing that is certain is that, from what we can see so far from trailers etc, Superman has shown the most impressive feats.
(wow, lifting a small continent with kryptonite emdedded in it? It shouldn't even be possible!)

h1a8
Originally posted by Placidity
Firstly, nice analysis wink

But I think it might be flawed, especially the bullet test.

All the bullet test shows is level of durability. While it is definately an important factor, it doesn't mean an automatic loss for the Hulk. Strength and Speed should also be considered. Who knows if the Hulk could rival Hancock's strength?
So we see that the Hulk is not as durable, but can Hancock exploit Hulk's inferior durability to a point where he can win? We know the Hulk has high stamina and endurance, so its quite possible he could take any punishment from Hancock, all the while getting madder and stronger, maybe to the point where he could finally defeat him.

Also, what kind of bullets were Hancock shot with? I'm still unable to watch the trailer yet, but its important to draw accurate comparisons. For example, it can be assumed that the impact from the Gattling gun (in SR) and the minigun (from the Hulk) are comparable. So what kind of rounds was Hancock shot with?

Anyway in the new Hulk trailers and TV spots, Blonksy (human form) shoots several rounds (9mm) into Hulk's face with no effect. So maybe the Hulk in the new film might be more powerful.

So what I'm trying to say is... don't dismiss the Hulk yet!

The thing that is certain is that, from what we can see so far from trailers etc, Superman has shown the most impressive feats.
(wow, lifting a small continent with kryptonite emdedded in it? It shouldn't even be possible!) Movie Hulk was weak as sh!T compared to the other two. He had to turn a tank in a circle a million times just to throw it almost a mile back. While hancock threw a large whale (possibly the same weight as the tank) with a simple gesture. In no way Hulk is throwing that whale like that. It's safe to say that Hancock is stronger than movie Hulk here. Thus he can easily hurt Hulk.

psycho gundam
grey whales weigh like 30+ tons, the M1 abrams is 60+ (empty weight)

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by psycho gundam
grey whales weigh like 30+ tons, the M1 abrams is 60+ (empty weight) I think stopping the speeding train may be a better strength feat for hancock

-K-M-
Donner cut >>>> Superman II.

What was different in the Donnor cut? I saw one added scene on the net, but wasn't sure what else was added.

batdude123
Hancock.

Lulz.

And Hancock did... what, exactly to top that? I don't understand how anyone can think Hancock wins this one.

Avlon
Originally posted by -K-M-
What was different in the Donnor cut? I saw one added scene on the net, but wasn't sure what else was added.

Buy it you cheap bastid.

Seriously though, yea...they did change/add quite a bit. Gone is the infamous cellophane "S" for example.

Dark-Jaxx
We haven't really seen the limits of Hancock's power, so I won't make a decision.

D-Block
Originally posted by Entity
Someone please explain to me how the hell, he was able to throw a continent, made of kryptonite while having part of a kryptonite crystal still lodged in his side, into outer space like 10 minutes after getting a beat down form 3 normal humans while just standing on it?

Sun amp.

Placidity
Now imagine what he'd be able to lift when :

A: The mass he is lifting is not embedded with kryptonite

B: Does not have a piece of kryptonite in his wound

jrodslam
Originally posted by batdude123
Lulz.

And Hancock did... what, exactly to top that? I don't understand how anyone can think Hancock wins this one.

Uuumm. Did i say Hancock didd anything to top that feat? Nope. I said hes looking very impressive. And thats just from the trailers. The way he just halted the train in mis cho-chooo, tossed the whale like it was nothing, threw a kid up in the air then caught him while not breaking every bone in the kids body. I didnt say he wins, but hes looking highly impressive imo and may give Supes a run for his money. Possibly.

batdude123
Uuumm. Did i say Hancock didd anything to top that feat? Nope. I said hes looking very impressive. And thats just from the trailers. The way he just halted the train in mis cho-chooo, tossed the whale like it was nothing, threw a kid up in the air then caught him while not breaking every bone in the kids body. I didnt say he wins, but hes looking highly impressive imo and may give Supes a run for his money. Possibly.

So this post didn't imply you think Hancock would win?

Hancock.

Dark-Jaxx
I can see how that might not of been meant to say Hancock wins.

batdude123
Oh please...

emporerpants
except for the part where he says "hancock" right in the beginning. its almost as if he's answering the question put forth by the tc! wait, thats EXACTLY what that was. its pretty obvious he's back peddling.

batdude123
What?

Dark-Jaxx
Wait...Oh I missed the part where he says Hancock...Lol.

emporerpants
i was saying that in response to what dark-jaxx said batdude, you got your post in before mine though.

batdude123
Oh.

pmb12
Another advantage for hancock compared to superman maybe is kryptonite has no effect on hancock and he may have no weaknesses like kryptonite.

Placidity
Yes, but in a fight (Hancock vs Superman), Hancock isnt going to have any K-nite is he? At least, thats what I think this topic is about.

pmb12
I said may have no other weaknesses so that means that superman has a weakness, Hancock doesn't. 1 point for Hancock. i wasn't talking about the actual fight

Placidity
Originally posted by pmb12
I said may have no other weaknesses so that means that superman has a weakness, Hancock doesn't. 1 point for Hancock. i wasn't talking about the actual fight

I see... but this thread is about the fight confused

pmb12
lol i know i was just pointing out an advantage, to be honest i honestly can't see any of them winning this fight, the fight would probably last a month before anyone of them begins to tire

Placidity
Hey Does Hancock have superspeed? (Not just flight speed)

pmb12
yeah i think, there was a apart were it seems he does in the trailer where he collides with the enemy but I cant be sure.

horrorwolf

Let me explain:

BULLET TEST NO. 1:

BULLET TEST NO. 2:

BULLET TEST NO. 3:

CONCLUSION:

Easily.

Problems:

1. Hulk has regenerative abilities that is far beyond anything shown in favor of the other two. This is implied and can't really be shown onscreen.

2. Hulk becomes just as strong as those two and always is potentially stronger.

So I'd say Hulk is just slightly less durable than the others but clearly Hulk>>>>Routh and Hancock in regen and endurance. You can't dismiss regeration and endurance when it comes to physical toughness.
When Routh and Hancock get hurt, they will be hurt - Hulk laughs off his pain in seconds and gets more powerful. Hulk would feel pain earlier but what does it matter if his pain=rage=regen+more destructive power afterward?

BTW, Hancock looks good so far, and whats funny is that the Hancock trailer had more action and Superman abilites shown than the entire Superman returns movie.

BruceSkywalker
By default I think Supes(Routh) ftw

psycho gundam
after seeing the newest trailer for hancock i realized that hancock shares
a lot of things with the sentry(robert reynolds);

-receives power's from laboratory experimentation.

-superman-like abilities.

-various insecurities and hangups.

-a fall from grace.

-chose to stay away from "his duties" until appointed by top brass.

imo a sentry film can't be made anytime soon due to the similarities.

iceman24567
Routh beats them in the strength department but in the cool area Hancock stomps.

Prime#
I think Supes wins this one, Hulk is pretty much non-factor, he almost got KO'ed by leaving earth's atmosphere. And when it comes to movie Supes, his powers pretty much don't have limits when kryptonite isn't involved.

DestinyGuy678
hancock ma be able to win seeing as hes more ruthless than superman though

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Can't decide on Hancock until we actually see the movie.

occultdestroyer
Erm..
FYI Hancock is NOT a comic book superhero.

I demand this thread be closed mad
WTF are the mods doing??

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Erm..
FYI Hancock is NOT a comic book superhero.

I demand this thread be closed mad
WTF are the mods doing?? not closed, it should be moved to the movie vs. forum

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
not closed, it should be moved to the movie vs. forum

Still, if these mods are doing a horribly lousy job, they don't deserve to be mods in these threads.

Behold the art of laziness cool

horrorwolf
Hancock. The only close thing that Routh was capable of was lifting a small land mass which contained Kryptonite...which is clearly PIS.

Hancock is more of Superman in all out mode minus HV.

Movie Hulk was far too emotional of a Hulk to be a contender.

occultdestroyer
HANCOCK IS NOT A COMIC BOOK SUPERHERO!
DO YOU UNDERSTAND??

You are just showing how dumb you are with this silly threads.
Post them on the right forums dammit!!

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Hancock. The only close thing that Routh was capable of was lifting a small land mass which contained Kryptonite...which is clearly PIS.

Hancock is more of Superman in all out mode minus HV.

Movie Hulk was far too emotional of a Hulk to be a contender.
And your faggotry continues,could you make yourself look more stupid?

Bouboumaster
Sups

Grinning Goku
Judging by the trailers I've seen for Hancock, Routh stomps in this match.

I may have to revisit my opinion in the near future, but I find it doubtful.

h1a8
If Routh's Superman is canon to Superman 1 then he can move at speeds greater than light. If Superman 4 is canon to Superman returns (former movie is later) then Superman moving the moon to make an eclipse >>> Superman, after a sun amp, moving a continent with kryponite.

Badabing
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
And your faggotry continues,could you make yourself look more stupid? I best not see any more posts like this.

horrorwolf
And your faggotry continues,could you make yourself look more stupid?

I seriously hope you understand that I could honestly give a rats ass about your feelings over "how I come off looking" over my opinions on fictional characters on a message board to you or anyone else.

Do you really sit around wondering how you come across here? laughing laughing laughing I'll bet you probably DO lose sleep at night wondering how your latest went over with everyone in the latest Powergirl vs Blackcat thread....LULZ...just...wow. Ridiculous.

lol Dude for your sake, I hope you weren't serious.

Dark-Jaxx
I bet Hancock has the bigger penis. 131

jltruth
Hancock wins

Placidity
I think this thread was from the movie vs section. I originally saw it there, I even posted on this while it was there. Weird...

carnage52
well after seeing the movie he does have a weakness.but saying it ruins the plot.

Superboy Prime
Didn't they clock Routh Supes's speed as light speed in Superman Returns?

Besides this is a curbstomp.

Will Smith vs Routh vs CGI Purple Pants.

Smith wins. It is Hollywood after all.

Placidity
When did they clock him at light speed in SR?

Are you talking about the part where he "seems" to be in different countries at the same time? Thats not definitive though, I don't think it was officially stated, although its possible.

Another thing is that there were moments where he struggled to catch up to the plane when it was falling. I think we can assume he can't travel too much faster than a free-falling plane - or maybe its PIS, other wise that scene would only last 1 minute XD.

carver9
I give this to hancock 10/10, there was no limit to his power and he through that whalel like it was a piece of candy, didnt even try. Plus he flew to the clouds in less then a second after throwing the whale. Even though movie superman is basically more powerful then almost any supes that ever existed besides pc superman (basically the same being), I give this to hancock until I see a limit. He didnt even flinch when that train hit him and he basically stood there while his wife threw a diesel on him knowing that he wasnt even going to feel it.

By the way movie hulk was extremely powerful to me and he is a good contender in this fight.

Juntai
Superman

K3VIL
Originally posted by Prime#
I think Supes wins this one, Hulk is pretty much non-factor, he almost got KO'ed by leaving earth's atmosphere. And when it comes to movie Supes, his powers pretty much don't have limits when kryptonite isn't involved.
So what?Doesn't mean nothing.Nore Hancock, nore Superman are used to fight a brute like the first movie Hulk, despite his durability and strength being some steps under those of the other two, his anger would amp him up there.Not to mention the gamma bomb, didn't do jackshit to him.High caliber bullets and M1 Abrams missiles leaved scars on him, just that.The first volley of missiles leaved a small scar on him, that's it.In a slugfest battle, Hulk growing angrier he could surely put some good hits, problem is how much fast his strength will grow confroted to that of the two other contendants.
Despite I liked more the Incredible Hulk, Ang Lee's portrayal was more in comic.In the reboot he was majorly depowered.

Prime#
Movie Supes either wins or ties with Hancock, unless either of there weaknesses are exploited there power seamed pretty unlimited. Although Hancock did show he wasn't completely invulnerable after he needed ice cream to cool off after an putting out an apartment fire. He also never really showed he could react at incredibly fast speeds.

Movie Supes also has a lot more powers than him

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by carver9
I give this to hancock 10/10, there was no limit to his power and he through that whalel like it was a piece of candy, didnt even try. Plus he flew to the clouds in less then a second after throwing the whale. Even though movie superman is basically more powerful then almost any supes that ever existed besides pc superman (basically the same being), I give this to hancock until I see a limit. He didnt even flinch when that train hit him and he basically stood there while his wife threw a diesel on him knowing that he wasnt even going to feel it.

By the way movie hulk was extremely powerful to me and he is a good contender in this fight. I'm just gonna be a dick and call No-Limits fallacy.

carver9
I'm just gonna be a dick and call No-Limits fallacy.

laughing

Lol, you just go to the anime section and post to the response that I left you for your lame post. (just playing)

horrorwolf
Based on feats, Hancock takes this.

Endrict Nuul
Handcock's name kills me....laughing

emporerpants
what are some of hancocks feats that make him so uuber? are they greater than supe's feats? if not, supes wins.

Prime#
To be truthful Supes lifting a continent in weakened state>>>>>>>>>>>All of Hancocks feats

SevenShackles
as long as hancocks wife stays the hell away from him i think he can win this. all we need is for someone to call him an a$$hole and supermans head is going up the hulks ass.

playa1258
Superman is stronger faster and more powerful than Hancock. That island was easily billions of tons and he chucked it into space while weakend. The lightspeed comes from the news saying that satelites could not track his movements.

Dark-Jaxx
Just watched Hancock. Dude is strong, he would wreak Hulk, Abom, Spiderman, Ironman, and the 2003 Hulk at the same time,(Movie versions of course), but dude ain't winning this.

Superboy Prime
When did they clock him at light speed in SR?

Are you talking about the part where he "seems" to be in different countries at the same time? Thats not definitive though, I don't think it was officially stated, although its possible.

Another thing is that there were moments where he struggled to catch up to the plane when it was falling. I think we can assume he can't travel too much faster than a free-falling plane - or maybe its PIS, other wise that scene would only last 1 minute XD.

IMO Supes strugged with the plane out of fear of making it crush if he used too much strength.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
IMO Supes strugged with the plane out of fear of making it crush if he used too much strength.

Assume much?

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Assume much?
He lifted an entire island made out of kryptonite....anyone with a brain can see he wasnt struggling with the plane out of a str problem but to keep it from breaking apart under its own weight.

carver9
Originally posted by playa1258
Superman is stronger faster and more powerful than Hancock. That island was easily billions of tons and he chucked it into space while weakend. The lightspeed comes from the news saying that satelites could not track his movements.

Where did you see hancock struggling to lift something and I could have sworn that I seen hancock fly out of orbit in less then a second. So again where are you getting this faster, stronger thing from. By the way hancock is immortal along with being invulnerable.

carver9
Just watched Hancock. Dude is strong, he would wreak Hulk, Abom, Spiderman, Ironman, and the 2003 Hulk at the same time,(Movie versions of course), but dude ain't winning this.

Hes winning this mad

Avlon
Originally posted by Superboy Prime

They explained it in the dvd. He had to be extra careful of the passengers would have died from a sudden stop....or the plane would have fallen apart even more.

Juntai
He lifted an entire island made out of kryptonite....anyone with a brain can see he wasnt struggling with the plane out of a str problem but to keep it from breaking apart under its own weight. qft

Ouallada
Hancock doesn't have the quantity nor quality of feats to take this. Emo-hulk isn't really a factor here in my opinion.

Magee
Movie Superman is deffinatley the fastest and strongest here, Hancock didnt do any thing extraordinary his best strength feat was stopping the train or throwing the whale while supermans is lifting an island made out of his weakness in to space...

carver9
Originally posted by Ouallada
Hancock doesn't have the quantity nor quality of feats to take this. Emo-hulk isn't really a factor here in my opinion.

I just dont get it, what feats are you using against hancock that makes him weaker then anyone on the battlefield. He didnt struggle to do anything, everything that he set out to accomplished he suceeded. Hell, he bust somebody through a wall with a candy bar. He didnt flinch when a train hit him, he let his wife throw a diesel on him and didnt even acknowledge it, he tilted his finger and was throwing kids almost out of orbit, he through a 80 ton whale like it was a piece of candy. He performent actual speed blitz in his movie and his wife knew how to fully use her powers and was creating tornadoes and hail. If he fully knew how to use his powers its no telling what else he could do.

Tell me what he struggled to do then maybe Ill agree with you.

carver9
Originally posted by Magee
Movie Superman is deffinatley the fastest and strongest here, Hancock didnt do any thing extraordinary his best strength feat was stopping the train or throwing the whale while supermans is lifting an island made out of his weakness in to space...

When did hancock needed to lift a island and what feats of superman makes you think he is faster then hancock who created sonic booms almost every time he flew off and who basically flew out of orbit in less then a second.

Ouallada
I just dont get it, what feats are you using against hancock that makes him weaker then anyone on the battlefield. He didnt struggle to do anything, everything that he set out to accomplished he suceeded. Hell, he bust somebody through a wall with a candy bar. He didnt flinch when a train hit him, he let his wife throw a diesel on him and didnt even acknowledge it, he tilted his finger and was throwing kids almost out of orbit, he through a 80 ton whale like it was a piece of candy. He performent actual speed blitz in his movie and his wife knew how to fully use her powers and was creating tornadoes and hail. If he fully knew how to use his powers its no telling what else he could do.

Tell me what he struggled to do then maybe Ill agree with you.

I believe that was covered in the former portion of my previous post. Hancock does not have the quality nor quantity of feats to put Superman down. All those feats are solid average feats, but pale in comparison to Superman lifting that island while under the influence of k-nite. If you take the reasoning that several other Superman movies are also canon to Superman Returns, you get an even clearer picture.

I'm not going to be one of those elitists who throw logical fallacies around, but the lack of a shown limit does not equal the showing of a lack of said limit. It simply means that you speculate about what that limit is. As it is, Hancock may very well win (ie his actual limits may actually be high enough to eclipse Superman's), but not knowing these limits makes it impossible to give it to him.

The Boss
Carver9 thinks Superman loses? NO WAI!

carver9
Originally posted by Ouallada
I believe that was covered in the former portion of my previous post. Hancock does not have the quality nor quantity of feats to put Superman down. All those feats are solid average feats, but pale in comparison to Superman lifting that island while under the influence of k-nite. If you take the reasoning that several other Superman movies are also canon to Superman Returns, you get an even clearer picture.

I'm not going to be one of those elitists who throw logical fallacies around, but the lack of a shown limit does not equal the showing of a lack of said limit. It simply means that you speculate about what that limit is. As it is, Hancock may very well win (ie his actual limits may actually be high enough to eclipse Superman's), but not knowing these limits makes it impossible to give it to him.

I agree and good post, so how are we to know hancocks limit if he never failed to do anything and if you havent seen a limit to his ability then why is this battle going on. You cant say that someone would beat another person if they havent shown a weakness. Can you show me superman getting hit by a train and not even flinching, no, can I show you hancock lifting a island, no because both scenrio never happened.

Answer this for me though, when superman 1st arrived at the island to confront superman, why was he so weak that he was unable to even swing his fist at lex luthor and basically almost got killed if it wasnt for lois but he had enough strength to pick up that same island that took all of his strength in the beginning. HMMM, makes you think about that feat.

Honestly I dont know who would win, I just gave it to hancock because he showed no weakness and again got hit by a diesel and didnt even register it. I guess I'll wait until hancock 2.

carver9
Originally posted by The Boss
Carver9 thinks Superman loses? NO WAI!

Well, honestly I think movie superman is >>>>> comic book superman since he has precrisis feats and I think that movie superman would whip thanos a** and thats very rare for me to give a lot of version from superman even 1 win from thanos.

I just pick hancock because again hancock has yet to show a limit and he isnt only invulnerable, hes immortal to boot.

Dark-Jaxx
Where did you see hancock struggling to lift something and I could have sworn that I seen hancock fly out of orbit in less then a second. So again where are you getting this faster, stronger thing from. By the way hancock is immortal along with being invulnerable. He needed icecream to cool off after putting out an apartment fire. So much for invulnerable.,

Juntai
Originally posted by The Boss
Carver9 thinks Superman loses? NO WAI! laughing

BradBalboa
I think i sene hulk bein hurt by bullets in the trailer, supe sis compltely bullt poof and hancock... Supes beats them both, cud easily speed blitz and over power hulk same with hancock, and if its supes after his solar absorbtion at the end of the movie, he coudl take them both a the same time..which wud be cool to se !!

batdude123
This thread is ridiculous. I had no idea Hancock could be this over-hyped. Hancock is stronger than a guy who flew an entire island into space? crylaugh

I'm sorry to say this people, but Hancock and Hulk both get stomped.

Prime#
Hancock seriously lacked reaction speed, he needed to resort to throwing that disk to cut the terrorist guys hand off, Supes could have just ripped his hand off at Superspeed. Hancock is awesome and all, he very well could have unlimited powers( minus the apartment fire thing). By all means Hancock was created as a lazy Superman figure. Just Superman has many better feats.

The thing about movie Superman is that his powers literally are unlimited unless Kryptonite is involved

Placidity
Superman has definately not shown super speed faster than Hancock in the movies. Theres no proof Supes was even capable of a speed blitz like Hancock did to those terrorists.

Speculation is easy, proof is what I'm interested in.

I've always said that Superman's continent lifting feat WHILE having a piece of kryptonite within him is by far the most impressive feat. However, having the most impressive feat doesn't automatically make your opponent weak. We haven't seen the limits of Hancock, but we have seen him do things such as effortless stop a speeding train.

Don't think we've seen him gone all out with his strength though.

Prime#
Superman was stated in SR, while casually flying around the world to be traveling near light speed. Supes circled the world multiple times in a minute to turn back time in the first movie. And in SR Supes after shots were fired at 2 security guards from a high power gatling gun, Supes sped in front of the bullets from orbit. Supes is faster

These....

NGpJsMYc2Is

fXdViWVgHq4

>>>>ANything Hancock has done

Placidity
Those are good feats that I was already aware of.

Just cause they are impressive, doesn't make him faster.

Also, where is it stated that Superman can fly at light speed in SR???
Curious that.

If you check the title of this thread, we are discussing about Routh's Superman - i.e Superman Returns. Not other movies.

Superman did not speed in front of bullets FROM ORBIT. Good way to take that out of context. He was already on his way there way before the thug turned the gattling gun on the cops. He did however, speed infront of the bullets from an unknown distance behind the gattling gun after the bullets were fired.

Hancock speedblitzed a group of terrorist and BFR'ed them before the leader could see or even know what just happened.

That obviously shows how fast Hancock is, but its not proof that he is faster than Superman.

basil5002
butt you gota think about superman is pretty fast

batdude123
Yep. Despite vastly inferior feats... Hancock has a shot at this. lulz

basil5002
also handcock is fast and creates sonic beams when taking off

basil5002
butt dont forget kryptonions cant die unless being stabbed with krytonite

batdude123
Originally posted by basil5002
butt dont forget kryptonions cant die unless being stabbed with krytonite

Or if their planet explodes. hanuts

basil5002
what do you think will happen

basil5002
Originally posted by batdude123
Or if their planet explodes. hanuts butt supermans planet exploded and he survived

batdude123
no expression

He wasn't on Krypton when it exploded...

Ouallada
I agree and good post, so how are we to know hancocks limit if he never failed to do anything and if you havent seen a limit to his ability then why is this battle going on. You cant say that someone would beat another person if they havent shown a weakness. Can you show me superman getting hit by a train and not even flinching, no, can I show you hancock lifting a island, no because both scenrio never happened.

Answer this for me though, when superman 1st arrived at the island to confront superman, why was he so weak that he was unable to even swing his fist at lex luthor and basically almost got killed if it wasnt for lois but he had enough strength to pick up that same island that took all of his strength in the beginning. HMMM, makes you think about that feat.

Honestly I dont know who would win, I just gave it to hancock because he showed no weakness and again got hit by a diesel and didnt even register it. I guess I'll wait until hancock 2.

Precisely. We can't deduce Hancock's limits/abilities with any kind of logical accuracy from his feats thus far, and therein lies the problem, because as it is right now, Superman's feats > Hancock's feats. The lack of a limit has not been shown by Superman either, so that argument, if it is one, applies both ways. Do you remember that particularly asinine assumption by someone here that the Cloverfield monster must be assumed to have unlimited durability as no arguable limits were shown by it during the movie? Yeah. Adding on to the point on quality of feats, if a being showed the ability to destroy a universe and no apparent limits, can it be assumed to be above the UN? The answer is "possibly", but not at the current moment, as that universe feat is well within the UN's shown ability and the being's lack of current limits does not equate to a lack of limits.

As for why all that happened in Superman Returns, my guess would be that it was meant to showcase Superman's strength of will and sense of duty overcoming his weaknesses. I don't think it was particularly well done, but that's besides the point.

Fair enough. Hancock may very well win, and we would have a better gauge if he went all out, but Superman has to take this on current information.

spetznaz
Those are good feats that I was already aware of.

Just cause they are impressive, doesn't make him faster.

Also, where is it stated that Superman can fly at light speed in SR???
Curious that.

If you check the title of this thread, we are discussing about Routh's Superman - i.e Superman Returns. Not other movies.

Superman did not speed in front of bullets FROM ORBIT. Good way to take that out of context. He was already on his way there way before the thug turned the gattling gun on the cops. He did however, speed infront of the bullets from an unknown distance behind the gattling gun after the bullets were fired.

Hancock speedblitzed a group of terrorist and BFR'ed them before the leader could see or even know what just happened.

That obviously shows how fast Hancock is, but its not proof that he is faster than Superman.

Hancock is definitely great (and he passes the 'bullet test' that i had put before in this thread, which Superman also passes but both Hulks fail ....Hulk 1 & 2). However, Superman is more formidable than Hancock.

But to respond to your comments:

You claimed that nothing shows Superman is faster ....and that we are talking about Routh Superman and not the other Supermen.

First of all note that it is the same Superman in movie continuity, but for the sake of argument I will not use the other depictions (the Christopher Reeves Supes) and just focus on the Routh Superman.

In the movie (if you watched it, that is) when he comes back and starts rescuing people, he is shown on TV in a myriad countries rescuing people from that and this and this-that. And the commentator states that for him to be saving all those people at basically almost the same time, he must be travelling at around light speed around the world.

That was Routh Superman.

Hancock is fast .....it is shown that he blitzed people (although blitzing a human being doesn't mean you are moving that fast .....move at anything above Mach 1.5 to mach 2, and a human sized object within a small visual frame of reference would seem nigh invisible). We also saw that Hancock was creating sonic booms when he flew, although flying at even mach 1 will create a sonic boom.

However, Routh Superman was saving people in opposite corners of the globe, under such a small time scale that the commentators noted he was moving at around C.

I'd say that Routh is faster ....far faster. Based on actual feats seen on screen, not speculation based on 'since we did not see X do Y, then how can we say X cannot do Y.'

As for strength, same holds. Hancock is super-strong, but his high end feats are no where near Routh's. And his strength scale actually has superior peers (e.g. his 'wife' was far stronger, and she even told him so). Flinging a whale a mile out is a good feat by any measure, but based on ACTUAL FEATS SHOWN (and NOT speculation based on 'we did not see it, so maybe he also can' circular logic), Routh's lifting of the Kryptonite laden land mass was FAR greater.

As for invulnerability ....erm, why was Hancock butt-@$$ naked cooling his behind with ice-cream after an apartment fire?

Anyways, Hancock's feats are far superior to those shown by either movie Hulk, but based on actual feats shown he is not (yet ....maybe there will be a Hancock 2) equal to Routh's Superman.

He is not even equal to his 'wife.'

golem370
I don't want to give anything away but remember that Hancock has some circumtances that could determine the out come of this fight. If anybody see the movie knows what I am talking about.

lft4ded

But we really only have her word for that. At the end of their fight he had her pinned to the ground struggling to get him off.

jrodslam
Originally posted by lft4ded
But we really only have her word for that. At the end of their fight he had her pinned to the ground struggling to get him off.

I agree kinda. The reason for my "kinda", is because she might actually be stronger than him, but its just that she may only allow him to be as strong as she wants. For example she mentioned that being a hero is part of him its what he naturally is. He was the one to always save her from "bad ppl". Is it because she was unable to save herself? No, but she allowed him to be the "stronger" one. Its really hard to say.

After seeing the movie, i think Hancock and Supes would be a great fight. Imma call it a stalemate imo. Also, despite what anyone says, i cant consider Routh Superman in continuity with Reeve's. Sorry.erm

Placidity
Hancock is definitely great (and he passes the 'bullet test' that i had put before in this thread, which Superman also passes but both Hulks fail ....Hulk 1 & 2). However, Superman is more formidable than Hancock.

But to respond to your comments:

You claimed that nothing shows Superman is faster ....and that we are talking about Routh Superman and not the other Supermen.

First of all note that it is the same Superman in movie continuity, but for the sake of argument I will not use the other depictions (the Christopher Reeves Supes) and just focus on the Routh Superman.

In the movie (if you watched it, that is) when he comes back and starts rescuing people, he is shown on TV in a myriad countries rescuing people from that and this and this-that. And the commentator states that for him to be saving all those people at basically almost the same time, he must be travelling at around light speed around the world.

That was Routh Superman.

Hancock is fast .....it is shown that he blitzed people (although blitzing a human being doesn't mean you are moving that fast .....move at anything above Mach 1.5 to mach 2, and a human sized object within a small visual frame of reference would seem nigh invisible). We also saw that Hancock was creating sonic booms when he flew, although flying at even mach 1 will create a sonic boom.

However, Routh Superman was saving people in opposite corners of the globe, under such a small time scale that the commentators noted he was moving at around C.

I'd say that Routh is faster ....far faster. Based on actual feats seen on screen, not speculation based on 'since we did not see X do Y, then how can we say X cannot do Y.'

As for strength, same holds. Hancock is super-strong, but his high end feats are no where near Routh's. And his strength scale actually has superior peers (e.g. his 'wife' was far stronger, and she even told him so). Flinging a whale a mile out is a good feat by any measure, but based on ACTUAL FEATS SHOWN (and NOT speculation based on 'we did not see it, so maybe he also can' circular logic), Routh's lifting of the Kryptonite laden land mass was FAR greater.

As for invulnerability ....erm, why was Hancock butt-@$$ naked cooling his behind with ice-cream after an apartment fire?

Anyways, Hancock's feats are far superior to those shown by either movie Hulk, but based on actual feats shown he is not (yet ....maybe there will be a Hancock 2) equal to Routh's Superman.

I've always wanted Superman to win this fight, but I've always thought there was insufficient proof to that Superman would absolutely win. I think my opinion has changed.

In the speed department, I'm still not convinced. Superman sure has a superior feat going for him when he races across the globe in seconds. However, personally, I've always seen the plane rescue scene as displaying Superman's lack of speed in trying to overtake the airplane. Anyway, at best we should say he's speed is inconsistent throughout the movie.

Strength-wise, so far Supes has proven to be much superior with the continent-lifting feat (while embedded with K-nite).

Durability - this seals deal for me. Hancock has shown an inferior level of "invulnerability" than Superman, mainly due to his discomfort after being in a mere fire. Superman, on the other hand was submerged unharmed in lava, again with a piece of k-nite in him.

But then again, the fire scene seems like PIS, and in my opinion, for a humour/comedy element in the movie. I mean, someone being able to withstand a speeding train, gunfire and RPG's really shouldn't have any problems with a fire.

Anyway, I guess there won't ever be any concrete evidence of who would win, but I'm leaning towards Superman now smile

This doesn't prove anything regarding Han vs Supes though. I would agree that his wife is stronger. I mean she was able to summon storms and cyclones during the fight. At least I assume it was her doing...

golem370
Hancock vs Hulk would be the good fight but Superman would more then likely defeat them both. Hancock did carve that symbol into the moon big enough for people from earth to see

occultdestroyer
This thread has so much bullshit written over it, it's not even funny.
Move this thread to the movie forums.

marwash22
ROUTH!

psycho gundam
Move this thread to the movie forums. stop bychting about it already, it's getting annoying.

lft4ded
I definitely agree with Ouallada when it comes to Superman lifting the land mass against all odds. That's what heroes do. I forget which comic I read it in (maybe Thor) but this line has always stuck with me: "Beyond endurance must I strive".

The incident with Hancock and the fire I don't view as any sort of true limitation. I honestly think it was, as Ray made a point of saying, that Hancock was being an ******* to a lot of people. The movie largely takes place in Florida. What is a single ice cream cone going to do that a 2 second flight to the nearest body of water wouldn't?

Regarding the relative strength between Hancock and Mary (though irrelevant): The reason why Hancock had all those scars is that, from Mary's 'always the hero' speech, is that even after they were together long enough to be completely powered down, it was still in Hancock's nature to attempt to help those less fortunate, but especially risking his life to save hers, the true measure of his love for her. As his powers would slowly return to their peak his healing became faster and faster and I see no reason to think that fully powered, he wouldn't heal as fast as Hulk 2003.

All that said, for now I'd give the speed edge to Superman. He gets dressed into and out of a business suit it less than a second. In the bank incident Superman could've removed the explosives before the guy knew what had happened (placing them on the guy) or simply removed the detonater from the guys hand, and holding the trigger before the spring expanded. That would've been impressive! Though taking the guys hand seems more in his nature.

If memory serves from the DVD extras, while Hulk had already reached his maximum size, his strength would continue to grow. Downside is that if'd be out before he ever became a serious threat to either of them.

Was it stated that Mary could control the weather? In the same way their being in the same location caused an exothermic reaction - really going at it when fighting could probably cause even more pronounced environmental effects. Though this is irrelevant too. ;-)

For now I'd say stalemate between Superman and Hancock (or the greatest fight this world has ever seen). I'm uncertain if Superman could cause Hancock more than mild discomfort and vice versa. However I think he's more than capable of playing keep-away.

Symbiotic
OK, so it's basically a given that the Hulk stands no chance here. Hancock is immortal, and has no shown weaknesses, as his wife is not at the battlefield, or could fly away. It's a tossup between him and Superman, but I'm leaning towards Hancock.

Dark-Jaxx
Hulk will get his head shoved up his own ass.

occultdestroyer
Cock wins

spetznaz
Originally posted by Symbiotic
OK, so it's basically a given that the Hulk stands no chance here. Hancock is immortal, and has no shown weaknesses, as his wife is not at the battlefield, or could fly away. It's a tossup between him and Superman, but I'm leaning towards Hancock.

Erm ...the same could be said about Superman.

He is basically immortal, and he has no known weaknesses that can be used in the battle (Hancock does NOT have Kryptonite, and he does not have magic, nor does he have the ability to exude red solar radiation).

Thus Superman, in this battle, also has no weaknesses.

On top of that, Superman has a list of other powers .....on top of strength and speed and flight (which is where Hancock stops).

Thus, even without including feats (Superman's movie feats are far greater than hancock's), Superman is already everything that Hancock is, AND MORE!

He also does not need to cool himself with icecream after a simple apartment fire, and has been shown tunneling into the Earth's core (using his strength and heat vision) while surrounded by red hot magma!

Even without feats, Superman has everything Hancock has, plus much much more.

Apolloknight
After watching Hancock, Ruth does have better feats them him so its very likely he would be taking the majority; It however, wont be easy, he (Hancock) flew into space and painted or did whatever to the moon and it was large enough to see from earth. Thats pretty damn impressive IMO.

But in response to his own wife being stronger; it could of meant just overall power; as in the fact that she can also control the weather (apparently?); not just physical strength. Like someone else said, at the end of their fight, he had her pinned and she couldn't get him off.

carver9
Erm ...the same could be said about Superman.

He is basically immortal, and he has no known weaknesses that can be used in the battle (Hancock does NOT have Kryptonite, and he does not have magic, nor does he have the ability to exude red solar radiation).

Thus Superman, in this battle, also has no weaknesses.

On top of that, Superman has a list of other powers .....on top of strength and speed and flight (which is where Hancock stops).

Thus, even without including feats (Superman's movie feats are far greater than hancock's), Superman is already everything that Hancock is, AND MORE!

He also does not need to cool himself with icecream after a simple apartment fire, and has been shown tunneling into the Earth's core (using his strength and heat vision) while surrounded by red hot magma!

Even without feats, Superman has everything Hancock has, plus much much more.

Are you basically saying that superman can stand there and let someone throw a deasel at him with no effect or how about get rammed by a train and not budge a inch. The fire scene was for comedy relief (I actually busted out laughing at that part) and thats it, he has other showings with his invulnerability that throws that out of the window.

Where do you get this superman being immortal or better yet invulnerable. He didnt go through close to anything that hancock been through in his movie, he was basically saving life and to my knowledge he got hit backwards from a flying piece of the plane that he was trying to rescue, hancock wouldnt have even acknowledged that piece of metal.

Hancock flew out of orbit in a second when he saved that whale, that alone should give you a description of his speed. I agree both could beat movie hulk (even though hulk would go down fight hard and if the fight drag it could go in hulks favor IF hancock dont throw him out of orbit first) but there has yet to be a weakness shown to hancock for superman to get a majority or even a win.

By the way, even though they have shown great flight speed, there was nothing in both movies that indicated anything proving that they have any kind of combat speed, two different things. Heat vision or ice breath wont be nothing but a nuicance to hancock if superman ever get the chance to use it.

Soljer
Lulz at Carver thinking Superman would do more poorly than Hancock with the truck or the train.

I mean, it's expected from such a low-brow troll, but still. Gotta enjoy the humor while it lasts.

carver9
Lulz at Carver thinking Superman would do more poorly than Hancock with the truck or the train.

I mean, it's expected from such a low-brow troll, but still. Gotta enjoy the humor while it lasts.

Wow, how many times in comics have you seen superman hit back by cars, trucks, etc. You might be right though, Movie supes>>>>comic supes. When will you all stop saying that I have something against superman. Everything that I say about superman I say it about gladiator, hyperion, mimic, wonderwoman, silver surfer, rogue, vulcan, martian manhunter, black adam, captain marvel, etc...

We have yet to see superman hit by a diesel and just stand there like nothing happened but hey we have yet to see hancock lift a island, soooooooo, supes could be the strongest in this battle until proven otherwise. And Im not a troll for having different opinions then you.

Prime#
Supes went straight through the plain wing when it broke off.

I can't believe carver of all people thinks Superman would lose

Dark-Jaxx
Are you basically saying that superman can stand there and let someone throw a deasel at him with no effect or how about get rammed by a train and not budge a inch. The fire scene was for comedy relief (I actually busted out laughing at that part) and thats it, he has other showings with his invulnerability that throws that out of the window.

Where do you get this superman being immortal or better yet invulnerable. He didnt go through close to anything that hancock been through in his movie, he was basically saving life and to my knowledge he got hit backwards from a flying piece of the plane that he was trying to rescue, hancock wouldnt have even acknowledged that piece of metal.

Hancock flew out of orbit in a second when he saved that whale, that alone should give you a description of his speed. I agree both could beat movie hulk (even though hulk would go down fight hard and if the fight drag it could go in hulks favor IF hancock dont throw him out of orbit first) but there has yet to be a weakness shown to hancock for superman to get a majority or even a win.

By the way, even though they have shown great flight speed, there was nothing in both movies that indicated anything proving that they have any kind of combat speed, two different things. Heat vision or ice breath wont be nothing but a nuicance to hancock if superman ever get the chance to use it. 1. Yeah Superman could do that pretty easily. The fire scene was canon, funny or not. You can't disreguard it on the grounds it was funny.

2. O RLY? Like lifting a small continent layered with Kryptonite with a shard of Kryptonite in his side? Oh and here's something else...After that scene Superman's skin still broke needles, Hancock after being depowered by fighting his wife had needles go right in him in the hospital. smile Superman went straight through said wing of plane.

3. O RLY? Other than Superman having better feats?

4. ....Superman had many instances of reflex speed whereas Hancock was pretty slow in the reflex department.

Darth Martin
Superman due to his extra powers that Hancock doesn't have.

Tron
Move this thread to the movie forums.

If you have that much of a problem with the thread, ignore it and move on. The repeated posts on your disapproval are unnecessary.

Cock wins

DON'T post anything like this again. This is your only warning from me.

Indestructible
Superman or Hancock FTW

The Great Galen
Stalemate 4 supes and smith. By the way mary had better versatility but was not physically faster,stronger or durable. She was boasting 2 make a point.

theTANTALIZER
Hancock may have other powers similarities to what Ray had when she created a tornado. Due to his amnesia, he may not know his full extent of his powers. As for speed, he flew to the moon and somehow painted or created a heart logo by some other power we do not know. Both have question marks over there experience abilities to fight Superbeings. Hancock may have fought others like him but cant remember it. Afterall there were many of them in the dawn of time.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Superman due to his extra powers that Hancock doesn't have.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>