Vampire movie trivia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VampirePrincess

mechmoggy
1) Tom Cruise (I think)
4) Bram Stokers Dracula, can't remember the British actors name but it will come to me
8) Aaliya

Best I can do I'm afraid.

VampirePrincess
These are difficult question I most say. I was trying to get some hard ones in there.

Ushgarak
Gary Oldman played Dracula. Kristy Swanson played Buffy.

mah
7) What anime movie was created into a manga? (hint it was very short)

um...not sure..Blood: Last Vampire is a very short movie.

VampirePrincess
I see who else answers my other questions and then I will give you the answers.

VampirePrincess
I feel like answering my questions because I was bored....

1. Tom Cruise
2. forgot that one wait its Kristian Swanson or something like that... Blah! I knew it when I wrote the question.lol
3. Nosfurato (sp?)
4. Dracula, Gary Oldman
5. Bauhaus
6. ummm.... I know this whats his name marry J-Lo... Awww...
7. Blood
8. Aaliya, Akasha

Ushgarak
Well, I answered 2 for you...

finti
Vlad Tepez

VampirePrincess
Vlad tepes which stands for Vlad The Impaler aka Vlad Dracula. Yes he is like a hero to me.

Ush yep I know. Thanks! *smiles*

mah
yay, I had mine right! *does a little dance*

finti
Well Vlad III`s father Vlad II was part of an order to defend christianity against the Ottoman turks, the order was a secret oneand was called
"Order of the dragon". The word for dragon in Romanian is
DRAC and Vlad II became known as Vlad the dragon
/or Vlad Dracul . The ending "ulea" means son of in
In Romanian so Vlad III became Vlad Dracula.
(Drac is also devil in Romania).
In his(Vlad III) reign as a ruler Vlad used terror as a tool and executed tons of people in a rater vicious way.
Folklore in the Balkan has like other mythological belives had vampire like creatures in it. And there is no doubt Bram Stokers used the historical Prince as a model for his own Count. (Count Dracula)

VampirePrincess
He impaled them on stakes and let them hang for all to see. I know allot on him. He did not rule much during his time but he had allot of power. Today they are building an amusment park around Dracula's Castle in Transvania. I don't know if thats a good thing unless they do it more for historical reasons other then that I am not sure if thats really honoring him well. To his people he is a hero.

finti
i dont think he is a hero for most of the things he did, he is a hero for keeping the Ottoman Turks away which means he kept the muslim rule away. And for the ortodox christians of that area he is a hero.
You are right about the Impalement thing he loved.
He had stakes arranged in geometrical patterns, most used pattern was a ring of concentric circles and the height of the spear/pole indicated the rank of the victim. Maybe the most famous is when around 20 000 Turkish/Ottoman prisoners were impales on stakes at the city of Tirgoviste. Imagine the sight that met the invading Turkish army.
Still Vlad Tepes/z( probably written with an z in the end which is custom for that region, Tepes/z is pronounced tse-pesh by the way) is the person Bram used to form his own Vlad

VampirePrincess
Actually there is a debate on wether Dracula was based on Vlad Dracul fully or was it just Bram using his name and a few details. Remember Stoker used two other influences Elizabeth Bathory and Jack the Ripper.

finti

VampirePrincess
Actually it seems like your info came from the movie called Dark Prince: True Story of Dracula... Actually I can't find the link when I do I will show you the opposing view to the argument. Its very worth reading. I have to find it. Actually Vlads name was never used in Stoker's Dracula... Actually the movies were the ones that used the name.

finti
I ve seen a lot of arguments about it.
Well Bram uses the castle Dracula and Dracula means son of Drac which Vlads dad was called. He(Brams dracula) is refered to as the Count which probably was Vlads titled too that or Prince

BackFire349
whats the worst vampire movie ever made?

hell im not even going to wait for a response, the answer is queen of the damned.

finti
never saw it

VampirePrincess
I am not sure what to believe. They say Stoker only knew very little on Vlad. Who knows really?

The worst I have seen was John Carpenters Vampires.

finti
Well taking the fact of the name dracula Bram had to know the story of Vlad III cause he was the one who was called it

BackFire349
vampires was good, queen of teh damned was ridiculous roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
a lot of Vampire movies suck, dracula 2000 was cool though

VampirePrincess
Not really he got some of his information from another person. Pretty much he knew the basis of who Vlad was but the story if you really read it is nothing but fiction and has nothing to do with Vlad's life.

Queen of the Damn was a bad movie and did not follow the book well which sucked big time.

Mujaffa
blade's kinda cool..

finti
no blade was not cool at all, havent seen Blade II though

VampirePrincess
Blade was good. I don't know some reason I liked it. I was amazed that I did. lol I have not seen Blade two though.

Dim
It was stupidly gory..

Talion_Justice
Who writes a better vampire?

Anne Rice, or
Bram Stoker

Oh, and Blade and Blade 2...just glorified, gorified workout videos staring a cg Wesly Snipes

Queen of the Damned...good if you see it as just a movie, horrible when compared to the book

John Carpenter shouldn't ever make another movie, period.

Vampiree
anne rice rules all big grin

i know they already were answered but i swear i didn't look at the answeres

1. Tom Cruise
2. Kristy sth...
3. dunno
4. Dracula, dunno the other
5. Bauhaus 'Bela Lugosi's Dead'
6 Ben Affleck
7. uh... Hellsing?
8. Aaliyah, Akasha

wicker_man
Heres mine :

#1 To what vampire movie do the following characters belong: Peter Vincent and Charlie?

#2 What vampire flick links Lance Henriksen & Bill Paxton together ?

#3 Who of the following has not portrayed a vampire hunter :
Christopher Plummer / Donald Sutherland / William Ragsdale / Christopher Lee

#4 Which actor has appeared in both Shadow of a Vampire & Bram Stokers Dracula ?

#5 Which Buffy The Vampire Slayer actor has appeared in both the film and series of the same name (*although his film scenes were later cut from the final feature) ?

#6 Which actor played Count Dracula the greatest number of times on the silver screen?

#7 Name the comedy film that spoofed vampire movies and featured George Hamilton as the resident bloodsucker.

#8 Who portrays the Count in the 1922 film Nosferatu ?

#9 Complete Nosferatus original subtitle: "A Symphony of ....?"

#10 What piece of Tchaikovsky music is heard during the opening credits of the film?

Kes
I really dont know much about Vamp movies but:

3) Christopher Lee (?)

4) Carl Elmes (not sure the name is right), he is the camera guy that replaces the 1st in shadow of the vampire and a love interest (if I'm not mistaken) of the girl that gets bitten).

xCountessx
Worst Vampire Movie Ever..In my opinion anyhow: Innocent Blood..Didn't like it at all

Kes
This area is for trivia. Questions and answers about movies.

sumunabeech
wicker man's #2. "Near Dark"
#8 Max Shreck
#9 Symphony of "Horror" or "Terror". It was known by both.

mortal1st
Lestat rules!!

Falling4Daniel_
Ask some questions, people. By god.

SlipknoT
yea he's made some terribal movies

The Thing
Halloween
They Live

/sarcasm/

Laorta
The aswers of the first questions:
1) Tom Cruise.
3) Hard to say, but I guess that it was nosferatu. At least the guy in the movie look just like him.
4) Bram Stoker's Dracula. Gary Oldman.
7) Interwiev with the Vampire. It's Yoake no Vampaia or something like that.
8) Aaliyah.

The worst vampire movie ever:
Shadow of the Vampire. Queen of the Damned is next. I was very disapointed when I saw it. I mean, when I had read the book and loved it I waited this movie so much. And when I saw it...there wasn't even a main character in this movie! Mekare was the queen of the damned at the end and her character was left out. Why the makers of this film named it "Queen of the Damned"? It has nothing to do with Anne Rice's novel.

Impediment
Why bump this old thing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.