Which Ability Would You Choose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Which ability would you want?

Abilitiy Descriptions:

Healing Factor
* Regenerate from a bullet wound in 20 mins
* Retarded aging, max life expectancy = 500 yrs old
* Cannot regenerate lost limbs
* Will die in severe injuries (gunshot to the head etc)
* Immune to most diseases

Superstrength
* Can lift up to 50 tonnes
* Resistant to conventional bullets/grenades
* Can be injured with sustained artillery shell fire
* Retarded aging, max life expectancy = 150 years old

Superspeed
* Max run speed = 300km/h
* Top speed sustainable for 2 hours (30mins break required)
* Can dodge a single bullet
* Difficulty with dodging multiple gun shots

Intelligence/Telepathy/Telekinesis
* IQ 250
* Telepathy -
- Can read minds (as they think, cannot probe)
- place suggestive thoughts (does not always work)
- Mind attacks: can induce severe headaches
* Telekinesis
- Can lift up to 50 kg max
- Max range of ability = 10m
- No complex manipulation (e.g cannot dial phone numbers on a phone)

Flight
* Max flight speed = 800km/h
* Enhanced durability during flight
* A collision at top speed will result in severe injury, possibly death.
* Altitude of flight depends on available oxygen levels.

Skill and Memory
*Knowledge and perfection of operation of all known mechanisms (machine, computer, weapon, equipment, vehicles

etc EVERYTHING)
*Perfection in martial arts
- Levels beyond Shiva/Batman, could easily defeat both of them at the same time
* Enhanced memory
- Never forget anything you've read, seen, heard, touched, tasted or smelled.
* IQ 170
* Pefection of every skill known to man
* Peak Human condition in every aspect.

Invisbility and Phasing
* Invisbility (detectable to other spectrums, e.g IR)
* Max phasing time = 10 secs
- exceeding time limit will result in materializing in space, and if in a solid medium will result in injury

or death.

Teleportation
* Nightcrawler like ability
* Instant teleportation
* Max distance = 25m
* Must be able to see destination (like NC)
* Max luggage volume = 60Litres.

Shapeshifting
* Mystique-like ability
* Can only form humanoid forms (i.e not objects, animals etc)
* Can imitate to 100% accuracy, including voice, posture etc.
* Retarded aging, max life expectancy = 200 years old

Long Life Genius
* Life expectancy of 1000 yrs old
* IQ of 200
* Enhanced physiology, results in higher immunity to diseases, generally survive things fatal to humans.
* However, still can be killed.

These abilities are intended to be powerful enough to let you do whatever you want if you use them wisely, but yet not allow you to directly play god.
You are currently living in the real world. There is no one else with powers, so you will not be fighting heroes/villans.
You can use them to do whatever it is that you please. e.g World Domination, play superhero, hitman for hire etc.

Choose Wisely....

Dark-Jaxx
The intel one only gives you an IQ of 250? There are higher IRL IQs than that man.

Superstrength.

Astner
Intelligence/Telepathy/Telekinesis for me.

Placidity
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
The intel one only gives you an IQ of 250? There are higher IRL IQs than that man.

I decided not to make any ability too over-powered. IQ 250 is outstanding among men, remember there are no other superpowered people in this situation. Also, you're empowered with telekinesis and telepathy. Not too shabby if you ask me. big grin

Astner
Originally posted by Placidity
I decided not to make any ability too over-powered. IQ 250 is outstanding among men, remember there are no other superpowered people in this situation. Also, you're empowered with telekinesis and telepathy. Not too shabby if you ask me. big grin
There was this one chick who had 234 or so.
- Besides IQ is a very primitive for of messuring intelligence.. If fails on multiple factors and is dependant on factors such as education and experience.

Mindship
Intelligence/Telepathy/Telekinesis for me.

Placidity
Originally posted by Astner
- Besides IQ is a very primitive for of messuring intelligence.. If fails on multiple factors and is dependant on factors such as education and experience.

Exactly, 250 is actually phenomenal, I'm sure there arent too many people in history to achieve it.

Anyway, this is ment to be a fun topic, away from all the conventional "vs" type thread that inevitably turns into bashing lol.

Please vote everone! wink

Again, I'll remind you that you have these powers in the real world, theres no one else with superpowers. Try to think of each power and what you could do with them. Obvious ones are Super strength and playing hulk smash, but if you arent careful, you'd probably eventually be taken down by the military and forever locked up.

While on the other hand, with something like shape-shifting, you could virtually live any life you desired. Heck, you could kill the president and take his place and carry out whatever the hell you want! When things go bad, just switch to someone else! I dunno, Owner of the playboy mansion maybe?!

I'm sure if you think hard enough, you could exploit each ability to a great extent, even ones that at first glance seem unimpressive.

Also, I would consider life expectancy a very important factor. No other way to explain it then: You get to live longer!

Phantom Zone
Also there are different ways of measuring intelligence for example the way the teach in schools is one method of teaching and if you dont learn quickly via those methods you can be considered to be stupid, but tests have shown that certain people do better with other methods of teaching.

janus77
Shapeshifting or Flight.
both are kick-ass powers that transcend human limits.
the shapeshifting one would be great for sex!
flight would be awesome just for personal amusement but, when you can travel at speeds in-excess of 300MPH then, you really can make use of it for work.

I'd either shapeshift and gain access to all secret military bases and private collections of arcane knowledge, thus gaining power and influence over many groups and institutions or use flight and my own ingenuity to overcome the 800KMPH limit (an oxygen tank, rocket-boosters, protective padding and a solar-powered GPS system).

the Intelligence thing is too limited to be of any use, an IQ of 250 is not sufficiently towering to allow for comfort, as well as the fact that IQ without the memory to back it up is pretty limited (any really complex system would require a lot of data to be in "RAM" for it to be effectively understood, imo).

the memory/skill one is too limited in IQ, a few of my friends who took Mensa IQ tests scored over 180, so I wouldn't want to be the slow one in their company.

Placidity
Originally posted by janus77
Shapeshifting or Flight.
both are kick-ass powers that transcend human limits.
the shapeshifting one would be great for sex!
flight would be awesome just for personal amusement but, when you can travel at speeds in-excess of 300MPH then, you really can make use of it for work.

I'd either shapeshift and gain access to all secret military bases and private collections of arcane knowledge, thus gaining power and influence over many groups and institutions or use flight and my own ingenuity to overcome the 800KMPH limit (an oxygen tank, rocket-boosters, protective padding and a solar-powered GPS system).

the Intelligence thing is too limited to be of any use, an IQ of 250 is not sufficiently towering to allow for comfort, as well as the fact that IQ without the memory to back it up is pretty limited (any really complex system would require a lot of data to be in "RAM" for it to be effectively understood, imo).

the memory/skill one is too limited in IQ, a few of my friends who took Mensa IQ tests scored over 180, so I wouldn't want to be the slow one in their company.

Everyone follow this mans example stick out tongue

Everyone doesnt like the intelligence one sad
You get telekinesis and telepathy. Although none of them are too powerful individually, when combined, you do have quite a wide skill set.

And about the Skill/Memory one?

The main thing isnt about IQ! Although I added that so you'd still be pretty smart. And knowledge and perfection of all skills known to man + peak conditioning?
You could be world chamion in everything imaginable (almost everything, have not yet thought of any exceptions).
- and hey, I did mention you could beat Batman and Shiva at the same time.
But I understand what you mean, its seems like its probably the least impressive out of all the abilities available. But its just a matter of preference of what you want to accomplish with your powers.

llagrok
Superstrength.

Originally posted by Astner

234 Kid IQ, and that's been proven wrong on every other tests they performed.

Ban Mido
Hmm I was going to say Healing Factor until I seen the whole "retarded aging" thing..not too big on that XD..that with the life expectancy might end up more making me suffer in the long run =P

Then again I didn't really scope them out before, now that I did I would go with Intelligence/Telepathy/Telekinesis EASILY...for the ability to
place suggestive thoughts..even if it didn't work the first time..I would just do it 24/7 XD....It sure would make some dates a lot more entertaining, heck that whole skill set would really help out in everyday life in my opinion ^_^

janus77
the TK/TP powers are intriguing and would tempt me to plump for that powerset but, I don't want to know people's personal secrets and it's too much of a temptation to guarantee that I wouldn't abuse it and end up just miserable (your friends don't always think too highly of you, even if they're smiling - people have bad thoughts - best keep that stuff hidden).

because the TK cannot be used too finely (eg dialling a telephone) I don't think it would end up as anything more than a parlour trick with which to amuse women (hmm, might be handy mid-coitus confused ).

memory/skill ... nah, I don't want to be the best at everything, I'm not a sporting type of person and anyway, the competitions that arouse my interest are all cerebral, thus memory with an IQ limit of 170 would make me miserable.

Flight would make me happy just as is, drifting with the clouds, building a secret lair on an inaccessible cliff face, taking my gf for a trip to Paris via Janus-airlines! wink

llagrok
Originally posted by Ban Mido
Hmm I was going to say Healing Factor until I seen the whole "retarded aging" thing..not too big on that XD..that with the life expectancy might end up more making me suffer in the long run =P

Then again I didn't really scope them out before, now that I did I would go with Intelligence/Telepathy/Telekinesis EASILY...for the ability to
place suggestive thoughts..even if it didn't work the first time..I would just do it 24/7 XD....It sure would make some dates a lot more entertaining, heck that whole skill set would really help out in everyday life in my opinion ^_^

He made the TK kind of crappy though, you can onlylift around 50kg.

Just get super strength, bend some steel girders into a heart and the chicks will be all over you.

Placidity
Originally posted by llagrok
He made the TK kind of crappy though, you can onlylift around 50kg.

Just get super strength, bend some steel girders into a heart and the chicks will be all over you.

You can completely lift and freely manipulate up to 50kg, but you can still push/pull over objects heavier than that.

And remember this is the real world, if you keep doing crazy stuff in public, people will notice and I dunno, the government will capture you and do experiments on you lol.

If your goal was to get chicks, Telepathy or Shapeshifting would be the way to go imo stick out tongue

Astner
Originally posted by llagrok
234 Kid IQ, and that's been proven wrong on every other tests they performed.
Marilyn vos Savan, higest IQ record ever, 230.

But you must realize, IQ is nothing but your score on a test.
It's not some vertifiction of intelligence, or bioloical supremecy.

The Illuminati
Everyone follow this mans example stick out tongue

Everyone doesnt like the intelligence one sad
You get telekinesis and telepathy. Although none of them are too powerful individually, when combined, you do have quite a wide skill set.

And about the Skill/Memory one?

The main thing isnt about IQ! Although I added that so you'd still be pretty smart. And knowledge and perfection of all skills known to man + peak conditioning?
You could be world chamion in everything imaginable (almost everything, have not yet thought of any exceptions).
- and hey, I did mention you could beat Batman and Shiva at the same time.
But I understand what you mean, its seems like its probably the least impressive out of all the abilities available. But its just a matter of preference of what you want to accomplish with your powers.

The Skill/Memory is the set that I would chose IQ of 170 is nothing to sneeze at, your in the top 1% on the planet.

Along with all the knowledge and perfection of all skills known to man past, present and with future things too when they arise. (inventing undoubtedly comes with that set too, being able to carry those others things off).

In addition to the enhanced memory. (What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas). shifty

Then there is the peak human condition in every aspect combined with the "Extreme" Martial arts prowess, being able to easily beat Bats and Shiva together that's insane by it's self.

I'll take that power set every time, Chuck Norris who...?

big grin

Placidity
When I wrote up invisibility and phasing, I had stealth assassin in mind... hehehe

Or anything really, but that one is definately the coolest.

Scoobless
The superstrength option makes you practically invulnerable to anything you're ever likely to experience in real life.... but what if you needed surgery?

Placidity
Originally posted by Scoobless
The superstrength option makes you practically invulnerable to anything you're ever likely to experience in real life.... but what if you needed surgery?

Haha never thought of that one!

But it would be rare indeed for someone with such a strong system to need surgery, Unless you decided to play super soldier or something.

jadervason
Mr. Holt's powers ftw.

leonheartmm
healing factor.

Placidity
Please vote aswell guys! It'll make it more interesting.

jadervason
Skill and Memory
*Knowledge and perfection of operation of all known mechanisms (machine, computer, weapon, equipment, vehicles

etc EVERYTHING)
* Enhanced memory
* IQ 170

These abilities are intended to be powerful enough to let you do whatever you want if you use them wisely, but yet not allow you to directly play god.
You are currently living in the real world. There is no one else with powers, so you will not be fighting heroes/villans.
You can use them to do whatever it is that you please. e.g World Domination, play superhero, hitman for hire etc.

Choose Wisely....

This is too much to pass on.

Terryc250
possibly shapeshifting, theres no timelimit on how long you can shapeshift?

Endrict Nuul
Skill and Memory

deadspeak25
skill/memory woud certainly come in handy. Not being able to be beaten at anything might get old after a while though. . .or maybe not.

Zeitgeist
Skill/Memory... I don't need to be a super genius if I'm otherwise perfect.

EDIT: Not to mention, this would also give you Bullseye-level aim, Midnighter-level predictions, and perfect memory + ability to operate ANY MACHINE?

Pfft... way more useful than the others.

Scoobless
No, Midnighter's abilities come from electronic implants.

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Scoobless
No, Midnighter's abilities come from electronic implants. I know what they come from.

You wouldn't get the prediction abilities in the same fashion... but, between perfect intuition, perfect memory of your opponent and surroundings, perfect understanding and prediction of physics, perfect body reading and perfect form, you'd have them.

Perhaps more akin to Layla Miller, but the result is pretty much the same.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by The Illuminati
The Skill/Memory is the set that I would chose IQ of 170 is nothing to sneeze at, your in the top 1% on the planet.

Along with all the knowledge and perfection of all skills known to man past, present and with future things too when they arise. (inventing undoubtedly comes with that set too, being able to carry those others things off).

In addition to the enhanced memory. (What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas). shifty

Then there is the peak human condition in every aspect combined with the "Extreme" Martial arts prowess, being able to easily beat Bats and Shiva together that's insane by it's self.

I'll take that power set every time, Chuck Norris who...?

big grin

Agreed. You will be ablke to do any job in the world from Trapeze artist to 5 Star General. I think you would be also a genius doctor making cures left and right... But fist i def invent like a Iron man suit or something to protect me from the people with other powers lol. Unfortunate That i can still trip and get killed by a car. Happy Dance

Flight would be fun. You can use it apringly in sports to. Just so it looks like your moving fast but your just flying a bit lol. Also going from LA to NYC in like 5 hrs or so is not a bad weekend trip haha. I would open a delivery service and charge like crazy for my speed. With this flight speed I guess i would be fast enough to float around anyone that would try and hurt me and whoop their butt Happy Dance

Persuasion and mind reading is also big in my book. Will never fail any business deal lol MUHAHAHA. Happy Dance

superchron
I'd choose either Skill/Memory or Super-Strength. Would the strength also give you an invulnerable Immune System?

Super Strength also give you limited super speed via super strong legs, and you could super jump also

Doctor-Alvis
So with this skill and memory thing, does this mean I know how the universe works? Because that's what it's sounding like.

Helllooo atomic powered robot Alvis.

Symmetric Chaos
TK/TP/INT wins easily. It has far more practical applications than the others.

Deathstroke
Flight for me.

Not super practical, but it'd just be amazingly cool.

janus77
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
So with this skill and memory thing, does this mean I know how the universe works? Because that's what it's sounding like.

Helllooo atomic powered robot Alvis.
nope, with an IQ of 170, you'd be crippled by the intake of knowledge. it'd be an end of the world kind of "Information Pollution" big grin.

Nihilist
Long Life Genius
in the long run you do things that would help mankind whilst using your vast knowledge,wisdom and experience.

Placidity
Originally posted by Nihilist
Long Life Genius
in the long run you do things that would help mankind whilst using your vast knowledge,wisdom and experience.

How noble of you stick out tongue

No one has picked super-speed yet lol.

Pretty much skill perfection to a level humanly possible. If bullseye is just a human than yes you would surpass him.

Placidity
Originally posted by superchron
I'd choose either Skill/Memory or Super-Strength. Would the strength also give you an invulnerable Immune System?

Its all intuitive, just don't go overboard lol. Since you aren't actually invulnerable (susceptible to anything like artillery shell fire and beyond), I would say your immune system is not exactly invulnerable (almost), but I don't think anything will get to you in this lifetime.

Remember, theres no super villain to develop a super virus or anything like that.

Mr. Slippyfist
'I'd have the ability to control my liquids, so I could control the bloodflow to my penis, and the ability to cum on command... so I could bang sluts harder and longer.'

Placidity
uh huh...

is that shapeshifting?

Mr. Slippyfist
uh huh...

is that shapeshifting? Molecular control used for all the right ways.

Badabing
Which ability would you want?

Abilitiy Descriptions:

Healing Factor
* Regenerate from a bullet wound in 20 mins
* Retarded aging, max life expectancy = 500 yrs old
* Cannot regenerate lost limbs
* Will die in severe injuries (gunshot to the head etc)
* Immune to most diseases

Superstrength
* Can lift up to 50 tonnes
* Resistant to conventional bullets/grenades
* Can be injured with sustained artillery shell fire
* Retarded aging, max life expectancy = 150 years old

Superspeed
* Max run speed = 300km/h
* Top speed sustainable for 2 hours (30mins break required)
* Can dodge a single bullet
* Difficulty with dodging multiple gun shots

Intelligence/Telepathy/Telekinesis
* IQ 250
* Telepathy -
- Can read minds (as they think, cannot probe)
- place suggestive thoughts (does not always work)
- Mind attacks: can induce severe headaches
* Telekinesis
- Can lift up to 50 kg max
- Max range of ability = 10m
- No complex manipulation (e.g cannot dial phone numbers on a phone)

Flight
* Max flight speed = 800km/h
* Enhanced durability during flight
* A collision at top speed will result in severe injury, possibly death.
* Altitude of flight depends on available oxygen levels.

Skill and Memory

etc EVERYTHING)
* Enhanced memory
* IQ 170

Invisbility and Phasing
* Invisbility (detectable to other spectrums, e.g IR)
* Max phasing time = 10 secs
- exceeding time limit will result in materializing in space, and if in a solid medium will result in injury

or death.

Teleportation
* Nightcrawler like ability
* Instant teleportation
* Max distance = 25m
* Must be able to see destination (like NC)
* Max luggage volume = 60Litres.

Shapeshifting
* Mystique-like ability
* Can only form humanoid forms (i.e not objects, animals etc)
* Can imitate to 100% accuracy, including voice, posture etc.
* Retarded aging, max life expectancy = 200 years old

Long Life Genius
* Life expectancy of 1000 yrs old
* IQ of 200
* Enhanced physiology, results in higher immunity to diseases, generally survive things fatal to humans.
* However, still can be killed.

Choose Wisely.... I can't pick right now. So many options.

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
TK/TP/INT wins easily. It has far more practical applications than the others. Many more practical applications than being as humanly perfect as possible and able to operate any machine?

That alone takes care of any situation you could possible encounter in life, and gives you limited versions of all the other powers, even mind reading.

Faceman
I'd take the strength, become a Boxer and get paid millions of dollars...

Zeitgeist
Take the skill, and you're the most proficient boxer in the world...

As well as the most proficient everything else.

Unnatural-POWER
For me, flight. It's always been a dream of mine to be able to fly.

Definitely flight yes

Harbinger
Taking super strength. Invulnerability, lifting most anything in the world with ease, and a long life (500 years= too long to be walking around, IMO)? Please. I'd kick ass and get money fighting crime smile

Placidity
Originally posted by Harbinger
Taking super strength. Invulnerability, lifting most anything in the world with ease, and a long life (500 years= too long to be walking around, IMO)? Please. I'd kick ass and get money fighting crime smile

You aren't exactly invulnerable. I'm also surprised some people are shying away from certain abilities because of the extended life expectancy associated with it. I thought mankind has always wanted to achieve immortality....

illadelph12
Shapeshifting for me. 200 years of life and the ability to take on any identity or appearance I wish. Lots of possibilities with that, particularly since I'm more villain than hero. I could lead a life as a porn star and a politician simultaneously and no one would know...

Placidity
Originally posted by Faceman
I'd take the strength, become a Boxer and get paid millions of dollars...

Well, you would have to be very careful there, wouldn't want to accidentally kill people now...

Remember, real world conditions!

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by janus77
nope, with an IQ of 170, you'd be crippled by the intake of knowledge. it'd be an end of the world kind of "Information Pollution" big grin.
It looked to me like that choice was designed for high knowledge intake.

naruto2424
I have to go with the Intelligence and Mind Powers

StyleTime
I usually go with the INT/TP/TK powersets but you did a good job of limiting those powers, so I'll have to rethink that. Losing the ability to probe and only being able to place suggestive thoughts would this set too much work.

The skill powerset seems like the most high reward/little effort powerset here. All you'd have to do is join the mixed martial arts world and beat every fighter you come across. Hell, you could join multiple sports and would instantly be the most legendary athelete in history. You'd be rich in a very short amount of time, and could retire and do whatever you wanted with the money. Also, you could beat anyone at any video game ever made. This one just seems too good. It has almost no drawbacks.

Shapeshifting is something to look at as well. I shouldn't really have to point out the advantages of this one. At best, you could quite literally take over the world. At worst, you could really screw up someone else's life to better yours. Does your friend have a hot girlfriend/boyfriend? Shapeshift! Do you hate your boss and want him fired so you can get the position? Shapeshift! Do you want to be a lesbian for a day? Shapeshift! This one is pretty nifty. Unfortunately, it may require a little more work than the skill powerset.

Invisibility/Phasing would be nice, but it doesn't seem like much more than something to have fun with for a little while. Spying on people, scaring people, and beeing a peeping Tom are all well and good, but I can't see it having as much practical use as the others I mentioned.

Teleportation gets an honorable mention. You could save a whole lot of money since you will rarely need to spend money on gas. Plus, you could leave your house like 5 minutes before work/school/appointments/dates/etc and still be early. If you're like me, you like to sleep as much as possible. Like invisibility, the practical uses seem limited in comparison to certain powersets though.

A healing factor would be nice, but it seems like the skill powerset would be more beneficial if you went into sports. With a healing factor you could be a slightly better soldier than most. However, serious injury still kills you so you wouldn't have that much of advantage in a war situation. Immunity to disease, faster recovery from things like broken bones, and long life would be nice though.

Superstrength is good because you could play superhero. Nothing you'd encounter in the typical street situation could even make you flinch. Going into sports would be tough though. You'd probably kill someone by accident. If you can't control it, you may harm or kill someone you care about as well. 50 tons of strength is a lot to keep in check. Of course some of you may not mind that. You'd make a pretty good soldier. On the other hand, it would be difficult to find help when you actually did get hurt. It's not like someone could just perform surgery on you considering how durable you are.

Sigh. So many choices. From these I'm still stuck on INT/TP/TK, Skill, and Shapeshifting. The others are good but seem to require either too much effort, or they have too severe drawbacks.

Badabing
Originally posted by StyleTime
I usually go with the INT/TP/TK powersets but you did a good job of limiting those powers, so I'll have to rethink that. Losing the ability to probe and only being able to place suggestive thoughts would this set too much work.

The skill powerset seems like the most high reward/little effort powerset here. All you'd have to do is join the mixed martial arts world and beat every fighter you come across. Hell, you could join multiple sports and would instantly be the most legendary athelete in history. You'd be rich in a very short amount of time, and could retire and do whatever you wanted with the money. Also, you could beat anyone at any video game ever made. This one just seems too good. It has almost no drawbacks.

Shapeshifting is something to look at as well. I shouldn't really have to point out the advantages of this one. At best, you could quite literally take over the world. At worst, you could really screw up someone else's life to better yours. Does your friend have a hot girlfriend/boyfriend? Shapeshift! Do you hate your boss and want him fired so you can get the position? Shapeshift! Do you want to be a lesbian for a day? Shapeshift! This one is pretty nifty. Unfortunately, it may require a little more work than the skill powerset.

Invisibility/Phasing would be nice, but it doesn't seem like much more than something to have fun with for a little while. Spying on people, scaring people, and beeing a peeping Tom are all well and good, but I can't see it having as much practical use as the others I mentioned.

Teleportation gets an honorable mention. You could save a whole lot of money since you will rarely need to spend money on gas. Plus, you could leave your house like 5 minutes before work/school/appointments/dates/etc and still be early. If you're like me, you like to sleep as much as possible. Like invisibility, the practical uses seem limited in comparison to certain powersets though.

A healing factor would be nice, but it seems like the skill powerset would be more beneficial if you went into sports. With a healing factor you could be a slightly better soldier than most. However, serious injury still kills you so you wouldn't have that much of advantage in a war situation. Immunity to disease, faster recovery from things like broken bones, and long life would be nice though.

Superstrength is good because you could play superhero. Nothing you'd encounter in the typical street situation could even make you flinch. Going into sports would be tough though. You'd probably kill someone by accident. If you can't control it, you may harm or kill someone you care about as well. 50 tons of strength is a lot to keep in check. Of course some of you may not mind that. You'd make a pretty good soldier. On the other hand, it would be difficult to find help when you actually did get hurt. It's not like someone could just perform surgery on you considering how durable you are.

Sigh. So many choices. From these I'm still stuck on INT/TP/TK, Skill, and Shapeshifting. The others are good but seem to require either too much effort, or they have too severe drawbacks. Good post! cool

And a durfist to you also.

h1a8
The point is too use the ability to gain more immortality and become as close to God as possible.

Thus the choices should be between
1. Intelligence/Telepathy/Telekinesis

2. Skill and Memory

3. Long Life Genius

Now 1. lets you read the minds (limited though) to gain others intelligence. While the telekinesis is useless, the intelligence isn't strong enough. This choice would make you rich though (in Poker).

With 2. one's intelligence easily surpasses that of 1. and 3.. And one wouldn't need to read minds to obtain it either. I would use this one to
try to create myself an artificial body. Then I would then focus on mastering time travel and controlling mass and energy to disgard my physical body and become a god (like the Q continuum). So 2. is better than 1. and 3.

3. would be excellent if I can be assured to live 1000 years. I don't think the IQ is strong enough though. I think it should be at least 300 to make it interesting since 2. gives more than 250 itself. Now I don't think this Earth is going to last another 1000 years (I don't think we have another 20years left). So if this option gave a 300 or more IQ with the insurance of living another 1000 years (being truly immortal for 1000 years) then this one would probably equal or exceed 2.

So 2. wins.

Lord Feron
As for the super speed I just don't think you go fast enough. In the flight option you can go faster. so maybe up the speed limit.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Badabing
Good post! cool
Looking back, it appears somewhat incoherent. I probably shouldn't post immediately after I wake up.
Originally posted by Badabing
And a durfist to you also.
dur

h1a8
You should probably have seeing the future like in the movie 'Next' as an option.

Placidity
Originally posted by Lord Feron
As for the super speed I just don't think you go fast enough. In the flight option you can go faster. so maybe up the speed limit.

Its actually not that bad. AS for the flight speed, its only linear line travel, you wouldn't be able to perform quicksilver-like speeds with flight like you could with superspeed.

I mean you can dodge a bullet from a stationary position! Just forget about how comic characters do it all the time and realise how freaking quick that is.

Ok imagine this, you in a room 10m wide, for you to run from one point to another at top speed, it would take you 0.00003 seconds. Let that sink in for a second. Can you even imagine 0.00003 seconds?
Basically, you'd be freaking invisble and doing stuff flash would do (well, not that godly :P).

I'm sure you can imagine how that could be useful.

Placidity
Originally posted by h1a8

3. Long Life Genius

would be excellent if I can be assured to live 1000 years. I don't think the IQ is strong enough though. I think it should be at least 300 to make it interesting since 2. gives more than 250 itself. Now I don't think this Earth is going to last another 1000 years (I don't think we have another 20years left). So if this option gave a 300 or more IQ with the insurance of living another 1000 years (being truly immortal for 1000 years) then this one would probably equal or exceed 2.

Well, I agree IQ should've been higher, but the main point is the long life I guess. If I made it guaranteed 1000 years, than it would make the Healing Factor option kind of pointless. However, you still have a much higher level of durability compared to humans.

Ah, choices...

geshien
skill and memory

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Many more practical applications than being as humanly perfect as possible and able to operate any machine?

That alone takes care of any situation you could possible encounter in life, and gives you limited versions of all the other powers, even mind reading.

Super intellect with the ability to plant suggestions in people's minds. You could take over the planet in a few days and solidify your holdings so much that not only would dislodging you be impossible but detrimental.

Lord Feron
Super intellect with the ability to plant suggestions in people's minds. You could take over the planet in a few days and solidify your holdings so much that not only would dislodging you be impossible but detrimental.

lol you evil bastard! I will stop you EVIL DOER!!! Happy Dance

Metalmanx
I think I would have to go with super speed, even with the proposed limitations on it. Can't help it, it's always been a fantasy of mine to have superhuman speed. Of course, it would be more powerful in my hypothetical situation, but I would take what I can get. Being able to dodge bullets (albeit with difficulty) would be really sweet. And think about just how good at most sports I'd be, even when toning down the speed significantly (football, baseball, track, etc.). Then of course I wouldn't need a car, therefore wouldn't need to spend lots of money on gas and so I would have mo' money (and thus, mo' problems cool ). I'd also just be able to get many things done in a much faster time, saving me a great amount of time for the things that I want to do instead of my responsibilities (work, chores, etc.). I just think it would be sweet to be able to move so much faster than everyone else, since I would be the only one in the world with such an ability.

h1a8
Its actually not that bad. AS for the flight speed, its only linear line travel, you wouldn't be able to perform quicksilver-like speeds with flight like you could with superspeed.

I mean you can dodge a bullet from a stationary position! Just forget about how comic characters do it all the time and realise how freaking quick that is.

Ok imagine this, you in a room 10m wide, for you to run from one point to another at top speed, it would take you 0.00003 seconds. Let that sink in for a second. Can you even imagine 0.00003 seconds?
Basically, you'd be freaking invisble and doing stuff flash would do (well, not that godly :P).

I'm sure you can imagine how that could be useful.

Your math is wrong. If we assume the one can obtain that speed (300km/h or 186mph) instantaneously then he/she could travel across a 10m wide room in .00003 of an hour and not second. Multiplying this by 3600 yields .12 seconds. So they can actually travel across the room in .12 seconds (which is still fairly decent).

StyleTime
That's the thing though. It would take so much work. With the suggestions only having a chance to work, a few days may not be enough to actually take over the world. World domination would be possible, but I think it would would require a little more planning than say....shapeshifting.

Also, you are an evil, evil man.
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I think I would have to go with super speed, even with the proposed limitations on it. Can't help it, it's always been a fantasy of mine to have superhuman speed. Of course, it would be more powerful in my hypothetical situation, but I would take what I can get. Being able to dodge bullets (albeit with difficulty) would be really sweet. And think about just how good at most sports I'd be, even when toning down the speed significantly (football, baseball, track, etc.). Then of course I wouldn't need a car, therefore wouldn't need to spend lots of money on gas and so I would have mo' money (and thus, mo' problems cool ). I'd also just be able to get many things done in a much faster time, saving me a great amount of time for the things that I want to do instead of my responsibilities (work, chores, etc.). I just think it would be sweet to be able to move so much faster than everyone else, since I would be the only one in the world with such an ability.
Now I really can't make up my mind.

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
The point is too use the ability to gain more immortality and become as close to God as possible.

Thus the choices should be between
1. Intelligence/Telepathy/Telekinesis

2. Skill and Memory

3. Long Life Genius

Now 1. lets you read the minds (limited though) to gain others intelligence. While the telekinesis is useless, the intelligence isn't strong enough. This choice would make you rich though (in Poker).

With 2. one's intelligence easily surpasses that of 1. and 3.. And one wouldn't need to read minds to obtain it either. I would use this one to
try to create myself an artificial body. Then I would then focus on mastering time travel and controlling mass and energy to disgard my physical body and become a god (like the Q continuum). So 2. is better than 1. and 3.

3. would be excellent if I can be assured to live 1000 years. I don't think the IQ is strong enough though. I think it should be at least 300 to make it interesting since 2. gives more than 250 itself. Now I don't think this Earth is going to last another 1000 years (I don't think we have another 20years left). So if this option gave a 300 or more IQ with the insurance of living another 1000 years (being truly immortal for 1000 years) then this one would probably equal or exceed 2.

So 2. wins.
2. is the wisest decision as explained here above.
Remember the point of life is to try to life forever (and not just a long time) and become as close to God as possible.

StyleTime
Not all of us are attempting immortality though.

I do agree that number 2 is a very fine choice. There is no real downside to that powerset. At the moment, I am leaning towards that one.

llagrok
Whichever lets me have a gamma powered Alvis robot.

Doctor-Alvis
Five bucks and I will be your gamma powered friend.

llagrok
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Five bucks and I will be your gamma powered friend.

Pfft, you'd try to run me over with your lawn mower.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.