Cloverfield or Godzilla (1998)?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stewie_Griffin
Which movie do you guys think had the better CGI? Personally, I'm gonna have to go with Cloverfield as even with only 20-25 million dollars, they were able to create a creature that really looked realistic and I commend them all for that. I'm watching American Godzilla right now and while the CGI is superb, it doesn't really match up to Cloverfield's.

ragesRemorse
I think Godzilla had the better overall effects just because the effects were much more involved. However, you also need to consider that Cloverfield was done with a fraction of Godzilla's budget and some scenes look better than the 98 Godzilla.

WrathfulDwarf
Cloverfield had a good story but a crappy looking monster.

Godzilla (1998) had a good looking monster but a crappy story.

Even Steven in my book.

Stewie_Griffin
Clover....a crappy looking monster? Are you serious?

http://cloverfield.despoiler.org/images/9/93/Monster8.jpg

grey fox
A lot of people dislike Clovers appearance, I don't understand why personally.

grey fox
edit

grey fox
edit 2

grey fox
edit 3 (sorry)

grey fox
edit 4 (darn)

Toku King
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Cloverfield had a good story but a crappy looking monster.

Are you kidding me? The monster's design was one of the most original and creepy looking monsters in movie history.

WHAT?! The USA Godzilla design better than Cloverfield's? Um, no.

Toku King
Originally posted by Stewie_Griffin
Which movie do you guys think had the better CGI?

Cloverfield by leaps and bounds.

Stewie_Griffin
Zilla's design is good, but it ain't touchin' Clover's. Also, the design is original, I really don't see why some people dislike it.

Nemesis X
ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS?!! We all know that Cloverfield is the best monster movie there is. Dont want to piss any Godzilla fans off, but that movie sucked worse than a care bear movie. In the end of the cloverfield movie, the monster survives from a nuke (dont believe me then listen to someone say "it's still alive" at the end of the credits) and Godzilla dies from at least two or three missles while entangled on the brookyln bridge. How retarded was that for a Godzilla flick?

CLOVERFIELD RULEZ!!!

TO ANY WHO DISAGREE, WELL THEN YOU'RE AN IDIOT WHO HAS NO TASTE IN MOVIES!!!

Stewie_Griffin
You dumbass, Matt Reeves said he recorded the "It's Alive" part at the end of the movie for fun. Plus, if the city had been nuked, the EMP would've wiped out and destroyed the camera. Also, while Clover may be the coolest monster out, he's not the strongest, and if you think so, take it to the versus forums where a bunch of people (including me) will put you in your place.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Stewie_Griffin
You dumbass, Matt Reeves said he recorded the "It's Alive" part at the end of the movie for fun. Plus, if the city had been nuked, the EMP would've wiped out and destroyed the camera. Also, while Clover may be the coolest monster out, he's not the strongest, and if you think so, take it to the versus forums where a bunch of people (including me) will put you in your place.

Talk back at me all all you want jackass. If the monster died from the nuke, why the hell is there going to be a Cloverfield 2 then huh? If you say "because the mother will be in it and she's pissed about her dead kid" dont! we all know that will never happen anyway. The monster lives, it's mad, and it'll reek more havoc than before.

Stewie_Griffin
Read the interviews, both Matt Reeves and J.J Abrams have said Cloverfield 2 is uncertain and a lot of ideas are being tossed around. For all we know, they may be introducing a totally different monster that's not Clover. You can toss around all the insults you want but the fact of the matter is you don't know what you're talking about and you'll probably be banned soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.