Constantine VS Harry Potter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
The abilities of these characters in this match are not bound to just their movies, but as well as the adventures in the comics and literature.

constantine has the experience, but Potter may have the more flat out power. Constantine Focuses on using enchanted weapons, Icons, trinkets, incantations and protection spells. Potter uses an invisibility cloak, magic herbs, can fly and has a wand...,who wins? The fight is in London.

Rogue Jedi
Potter pwns.

ragesRemorse
do you think there magic would be effective on each others spells?
Like, Constantine casts a binding spell on Potter, Would his magic be able to undo the binding? Constantine's magic has some voodoo going on, some voodoo spells which can only be removed by the caster.

Rogue Jedi
expelliarmus.

ragesRemorse
Yeah, but Constantine can cast spells and curses from across the world. Potter needs to be within wand range. Constantine knows the secrets of London like the back of his hand. He knows the secret area's of the underworld of London. If Constantine is able to put a curse on Potter from afar and Potter has no idea what the curse is, would there be anything he can do? Constantine also knows many demons who owe him a few boons. If Constantine is able to peg Potter with the light of Lathandri and cast minions from hell on Potter, is there anything in his arsenal that can keep them at bay? I'm also thinking that if Potters magic and Constantines magic relate to each other, i'm sure Constantines protective markings would protect him against some of potters spells

Rogue Jedi
Stupefy?

Impediment
John takes this fight, easy.

Potter may have the raw power, the Constantine has his own level of power.....................with experience to boot.

Rogue Jedi
Potter took on Voldy, man.

ragesRemorse
Constantine takes on high level demons and powerful creatures all the time. He outwitted the devil and has containment and protection spells powerful enough ward him away.

I think if Potter can close in on Constantine, he would definitely win, but fighting in London. John could easily take some prep time, cast some curses, charms and tattoo himself in some protection glyphs. Impediments comment about John having the experience is very important too. If expelliramus can be used to dismiss Constantine's curses though, Johns only chance lies in summons. Then again, if Constantine can cast a binding curse on Potter, i dont know how much good expelliramus would be. also, Potter is useless without his wand eh. John also has the advantage of just separating Potter from his wand.

i'm trying to think of what Potter could use other than his wand, perhaps a polyjuice potion. His invisibility cloak would not be much use.

Rogue Jedi
Potter has a broom. laughing out loud

Strangelove
this is tough....it's basically occult versus magic, and Constantine has a lot of chops.

I'll have to think about this further.

Rogue Jedi
Potter wears glasses.

Bardock42
Hellblazer easily (I'd wager he's the most powerful being in any world, anywhere, ever). That Neoish Constantine (rhyming with teen, WTF), not so sure. Didn't really show us that much, did he.

ragesRemorse
I think Ted did a good job as Constantine.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think Ted did a good job as Constantine.

It was one of his better performances.

It was a pretty good movie.

It was not a good Constantine.

Impediment
Meh. It was good, for what it was worth.

John can summon Lucifer. "Into the light, I command thee."

Potter can "expelliarmus" or whatever the hell that is.

John would kill Harry.

Robtard
I bet Constantine can fire off his holy shotgun faster than Potter and wiggle his wand and shout out some pig-latin.

Constantine FTW.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Bardock42
It was one of his better performances.

It was a pretty good movie.

It was not a good Constantine.

yeah, i really think they set out to do an action movie, and the Hellblazer comics are not action. I did like the suit look and i'm glad that they didn't decide to make John English and force Keanu to learn an Brit accent. That would have been horrendous.

Impediment
Just look at Keanu's terrible English accent in Bram Stoker's Dracula. sick

Bardock42
yeah, i really think they set out to do an action movie, and the Hellblazer comics are not action. I did like the suit look and i'm glad that they didn't decide to make John English and force Keanu to learn an Brit accent. That would have been horrendous.

True. Then again they could have just not chosen Reeves.

They went for action and it is kinda sad. As I said before in different threads they had the perfect story. They could have just used Dangerous habits panel for panel and created one of the greatest pieces of movie ever. But they didn't...but it's still a pretty good Comic Book Movie.

Impediment
It was good, I agree, but I truly wish that Garth Ennis was involved in the script.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
It was good, I agree, but I truly wish that Garth Ennis was involved in the script.

Agreed. Garth Ennis wrote some of the greatest Hellblazer (incidently he also writes a great Punisher) I would have liked to see a movie with strong involvement from his side. Also, isn't there something about a Preacher movie? I'd watch that.

Impediment
Mark Steven Johnson, the director of such movie miracles as Daredevil and Ghost Rider, has optioned for a Preacher series on HBO. Each issue of Preacher would be an episode.

It actually sounds like a good idea.

Bardock42
Mark Steven Johnson, the director of such movie miracles as Daredevil and Ghost Rider, has optioned for a Preacher series on HBO. Each issue of Preacher would be an episode.

It actually sounds like a good idea. The idea I guess.

But....weren't Ghost Rider and Daredevil kinda more shit than they had to be?

Well, not necessarily Daredevil, but Ghost Rider was quite bad...then again I couldn't concentrate on the movie, being forced to throw up whenever I see Nicholas Cage.

ragesRemorse
True. Then again they could have just not chosen Reeves.

They went for action and it is kinda sad. As I said before in different threads they had the perfect story. They could have just used Dangerous habits panel for panel and created one of the greatest pieces of movie ever. But they didn't...but it's still a pretty good Comic Book Movie.

Yeah, they obviously wanted to capture the atmosphere from that series. I believe that Dangerous Habits was some ones original idea, but after the producers got involved the only thing that survived was the cancer aspect. I'm not upset though, because i really enjoy the movie and i think the weakest part of the movie is Rachel Weisz, from her acting to the development of the character, she is bad across the boards for me.

I remember that after I am Legend, Lawrence was talking about how much he would really like to do a sequel, and Keanu has been on board for a sequel since the first Constantine. I do not think it will get made though. Even though i liked Keanu's performance in the movie, i think he is the reason why a sequel has not and never will be considered.

Bardock42
Yeah, they obviously wanted to capture the atmosphere from that series. I believe that Dangerous Habits was some ones original idea, but after the producers got involved the only thing that survived was the cancer aspect. I'm not upset though, because i really enjoy the movie and i think the weakest part of the movie is Rachel Weisz, from her acting to the development of the character, she is bad across the boards for me.

I remember that after I am Legend, Lawrence was talking about how much he would really like to do a sequel, and Keanu has been on board for a sequel since the first Constantine. I do not think it will get made though. Even though i liked Keanu's performance in the movie, i think he is the reason why a sequel has not and never will be considered.
I'd like a reboot. Sequel would be okay as well. Nothing sucks. Also, I think there's talk about a Book of Magic movie. Hopefully they'd have an excellent portrayal of Constantine.

Also, John stopped smoking after surviving cancer?...COME ON!

Impediment
IAlso, John stopped smoking after surviving cancer?...COME ON!

Dude, Satan ripped the tumors from his lungs!

ragesRemorse

It actually sounds like a good idea.

If HBO is involved, i already like the idea, regardless of who is directing. I don't think Johnson is a bad director. He seems to have good vision when it comes to action. I would be interested to see what he does with good material. Ghost rider is such a poor character, that movie was destined to fail. Daredevil was shot well and had some good idea's but fell apart once we had to rely on the story.

Bardock42
Dude, Satan ripped the tumors from his lungs! So?

ragesRemorse

Also, John stopped smoking after surviving cancer?...COME ON!

yeah dude, I know exactly what you mean. After seeing him put the gum in his mouth at the end of the movie. Apart of me felt as though i just finished watching a public service announcement.

Impediment
So?

I meant the whole "surviving" comment.

Strangelove
Yeah, after thinking about it, Constantine would whip Potter.

MightyEInherjar
Couldn't he just, you know, shoot him in the head and be done with it?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Couldn't he just, you know, shoot him in the head and be done with it?

well...,yeah, but if they are fighting with guns it would hardly be any fun to watch.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Potter pwns.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.