Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SmashBro
The newest addtion to the Capcom vs. series is Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/

And for information:

http://kotaku.com/5010122/capcom-vs-legendary-anime-company

Capcom will be squaring off against Tatsunoko Productions, a Japanese animation studio Tatsunoko (known for it's series such as Gatchaman, Mach Go Go Go, and Time Bokan among others).

Yep, Capcom is up against superheroes once again.

ThoraxeRMG
OMFG! **** yeah!
EDIT: Another great crossover!

Yoshi Paradise
This game sounds good.

I can't wait to see some gameplay videos.

ThoraxeRMG
What if characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion or Mach Go Go Go (Speed Racer) appear?!

Yoshi Paradise
I don't know.

If they appear, then we'll have some interesting characters to choose from.

SmashBro
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
What if characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion or Mach Go Go Go (Speed Racer) appear?!

lol It's possible.

ThoraxeRMG
I found scans.
http://capcom-town.es/2008/05/21/capcom-presenta-capcom-vs-tatsunoko/

EDIT: Looks like Mega Man Legends is making a cameo at least, due to seeing the Bonne symbol in the scan. The game is in 3D, but plays in a 2D View.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/TRTerror/IMGP1726.jpg

Yoshi Paradise
big grin I got some scans, too. They were posted in another thread.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8982/1211420799731ou1.jpg

This game looks great.

ThoraxeRMG
This game is gonna be like Namco X Capcom, JAPAN only. Due to the legal rights over here.
EDIT: I gotta import this for my PS3! ;D

Screen shots
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=208
http://i32.tinypic.com/16ih2yw.jpg%5C
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1215298_1124.html

SmashBro
I found scans.
http://capcom-town.es/2008/05/21/capcom-presenta-capcom-vs-tatsunoko/

EDIT: Looks like Mega Man Legends is making a cameo at least, due to seeing the Bonne symbol in the scan. The game is in 3D, but plays in a 2D View.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/TRTerror/IMGP1726.jpg

Really? It sure looks 2D. Either way, I like how it looks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's in 3D now looking at the other pics. Still looks cool. And it seems like this is DEFINITELY gonna be the new Marvel vs. Capcom, looking at the scans.

Blax_Hydralisk
So is this why SF4 looks so shitty? They're distracted with working on this?

ThoraxeRMG
I wanna see Dante in this game.

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
So is this why SF4 looks so shitty? They're distracted with working on this?

What's wrong with that?

SmashBro
Yeah, I wanna see Dante in this too. He really should be in a fighting game like this.

And I wanna see Viewtiful Joe too. I think he'd feel right at home in this game.

Yoshi Paradise
I wouldn't mind seeing Viewtiful Joe along with Sexy Silvia and Blademaster Alastor.

Those three should be the representatives of that franchise.

ThoraxeRMG
Having Alastor and Dante in a team would and should spark a special cut scene.

Blax_Hydralisk
What's wrong with that?

SF4 looks lame.

ThoraxeRMG
SF4 looks lame.

So? >_>

Blax_Hydralisk
Chicken.

Ryo 666
I know them as the bird guys and thats it.

Anime = fail. Won't be buying this I suspect.

Yoshi Paradise
Having Alastor and Dante in a team would and should spark a special cut scene.

That would be good. thumb up

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Ryo 666
I know them as the bird guys and thats it.

Anime = fail. Won't be buying this I suspect.

You most likely couldn't in the first place. eek!

HmmK?
You most likely couldn't in the first place. eek!

Whys that? Not enough money or something? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Enough money for Internet but not enough for a game? eek!

Nah I will just download it in time, I don't care who loses money.

High Priest
XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!XBOX 360 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!

Yoshi Paradise
Although I doubt it, it would be great if some of the characters from the Power Stone series is in this game.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Although I doubt it, it would be great if some of the characters from the Power Stone series is in this game.

I agree with that even though I understand why you might doubt it would happen. It still would be cool to see them be brought back some way. Maybe some Rival Schools characters too.

To be honest, I think a much better idea would be Shonen Jump vs. Capcom. Now THAT'S something to see there.

Yoshi Paradise
Happy Dance I would be extremely deadly with Rouge and Julia from Power Stone 2.

A Shonen Jump vs Capcom game would be awesome, but very unlikely.

JustFrame
I posted this info about this game on the SFIV thread awhile back, but oh well, cool too see that it has it's own thread now.

For me personally, I'm going to look forward to this game alot, simply because it seems to have alot of MvC2 like features in it, so I'm extremely hyped for it.

Also, people who say it looks dumb or not good because it's a got Bird Men in it...all I can say is, you weren't born a kid in the 80's, so you wouldn't know.

That's Gotchaman characters, and this game is going to be fun, someone was right earlier though. That this game "might" not make it to the US due to legal issues, which would completely piss me off.

This game has to make it to the US, because I know for a fact that this game if it did would get tournament style play right away, which I would be happy about, and want.

It would be cool to have Dante in here, and possibly Megaman and even Zero.

So far, I love how Ryu and Chunli look in here, the look of the game so far looks really good. Hoping to see better quality shots when they arrive, I'll definitely post up when I see more, however more importantly, can't wait to see how the game moves like.

The Cap'n
That's two unexpected crossovers between established fighting game franchises and a comic or anime.

I hope we see SNK vs. Shonen Jump. big grin

SmashBro
Originally posted by The Cap'n
That's two unexpected crossovers between established fighting game franchises and a comic or anime.

I hope we see SNK vs. Shonen Jump. big grin

I guess it's kind of fitting. I always thought the SNK characters look kind of anime/manga-ish compared to the Street Fighter characters anyway.

Jedah Materia
I Looked at this game like WTF!!!??? This is absolutely ridiculous, why in the hell does er body on the planet wanna fight Capcom?

Tatsunoku, Capcom? like what are you gonna do, make Speed Racer fight Ryu? The concept could be better if you don't focus mainly on the SFs on Cap's side. If this game has mostly SFs in it, it's really gonna be dumb.

Don't get me wrong, If the game is good I'm down but I still think the cross over is stupid. Capcom wanted to take fightin outta the box and they succeeded...they exceeded

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Jedah Materia
I Looked at this game like WTF!!!??? This is absolutely ridiculous, why in the hell does er body on the planet wanna fight Capcom?

If Marvel could do it, might as well this one.

Tatsunoku, Capcom? like what are you gonna do, make Speed Racer fight Ryu? The concept could be better if you don't focus mainly on the SFs on Cap's side.

I greatly agree with you on this, I'm tired of seeing Zangief and Guile in random crossovers. Save the spot for more fighters from other Capcom games.

If this game has mostly SFs in it, I'M GONNA BE PISSED.

Fixed in my case...

Don't get me wrong, If the game is good I'm down but I still think the cross over is stupid. Capcom wanted to take fightin outta the box and they succeeded...they exceeded

Why? you're focusing on the very idea crossover choice of this game.

Blax_Hydralisk
If Marvel could do it, might as well this one.

The majority of Marvel's characters aren't pathetic weakling teenagers. Lot's of Marvel's characters would solo the Capcom-verse, and dozens upon dozens would at least be good match-ups.

Yoshi Paradise
The concept could be better if you don't focus mainly on the SFs on Cap's side. If this game has mostly SFs in it, it's really gonna be dumb.

I would have to agree with that.

What disappointed me the most about Capcom vs SNK (PS1) was that the whole roster was just Street Fighter vs King of Fighters, featuring Morrigan and Nakoruru.

SmashBro
The concept could be better if you don't focus mainly on the SFs on Cap's side. If this game has mostly SFs in it, it's really gonna be dumb.

That depends on how big the roster is gonna be.

The Cap'n
We should just have Capcom vs. SNK vs. Shonen Jump. Now that would be epic.

But on the subject of this crossover, it's kinda bad. Aside from the Gatchaman characters and the NGE chars, who would be a good match from the Capcom guys? (And no, I don't want to see Speed Racer running people over with his Mach 5.)

Frisky Dingo
I Looked at this game like WTF!!!??? This is absolutely ridiculous, why in the hell does er body on the planet wanna fight Capcom?I've wondered that myself. I also wonder, does Capcom actually pick the fights to lets say make money, or do the companies come to them, like, "You guys have done so well with the versus series, we want to be in it too."

Tatsunoku, Capcom? like what are you gonna do, make Speed Racer fight Ryu? The concept could be better if you don't focus mainly on the SFs on Cap's side. If this game has mostly SFs in it, it's really gonna be dumb.I can agree with that statement, and I'm afraid that CAP will screw up and make the cast 90% SF. They've done it before. MVC and MVC2 are like the only games where they don't have mostly SFs.

SmashBro
We should just have Capcom vs. SNK vs. Shonen Jump. Now that would be epic.

That's a crazy crossover but it's kind of cool. That reminds me of how the "vs." connection is:

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

DC vs. Marvel

Marvel vs. Capcom

Capcom vs. SNK

But on the subject of this crossover, it's kinda bad. Aside from the Gatchaman characters and the NGE chars, who would be a good match from the Capcom guys? (And no, I don't want to see Speed Racer running people over with his Mach 5.)

Maybe Samurai Pizza Cats? big grin

JustFrame
About the Capcom vs Snk 2 comments of it having more SF characters then "other" Capcom characters made absolute and perfect sense.

First and foremost, everyone has to realize that during that time-frame 2-D fighters where not "profitable", this helped in case of Capcom using the same sprites.

Yes, alot of characters recieved new sprites, obviously all of the SNK characters where new with many of the SF cast as well. However, many of them where also just taken from old Capcom fighting games and simply put in there.

Morrigan is a perfect example of this from CvsS2, she still has her ugly DS sprite in CvS2.

Lastly, not to burst any bubble, but when it comes to VS games, it's a #1 obvious that Street Fighter Characters would take most of the helm and not anyone else.

Imagine a SNK vs game without the majority of the characters from KOF...yeah, that wouldn't make alot of sense now would it? So the notion of there being more SF characters then other Capcom characters is quite an obvious in here.

We also have to remember, that his game is very new, and most importantly, not enough info about it at the moment. They have only shown SF cast members such as Ryu, Chunli etc, etc, because they are the poster board characters of Capcom's fighting game franchise.

Obviously there will be characters outside of SF (I'm hoping Dante and Strider make the cut), so just be patient and wait.

This game is going to rock, why? Because it looks to play like a Marvel vs Type game with Assist and all. All of the vs games overall where very, very fun to play.

The only difference is, that this one is completely cel-shaded in a 2-d plane.

SmashBro
I like the new cel-shaded look. Maybe they will use this for the next "vs. series" after this too (which I'm hoping would be Mortal Kombat). Also, has anyone checked the website recently? Looks like we're gonna be getting some updates.

SmashBro
YES!!! Batsu and Tekkaman are confirmed!!!

It's good to see Capcom finally bring Batsu back after all this time. I can't wait to see how he plays because his moves definitely look suped up.

Yoshi Paradise
Do you have any pictures of them?

ESB -1138
Waiting for Capcom vs Super Smash Bros

SmashBro
Do you have any pictures of them?

They're on the official website.

SmashBro
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Waiting for Capcom vs Super Smash Bros

That would only happen if Megaman was in SSBB.

Classic NES
Shonen Jump would have been better.

Classic NES
Late Edit: This crossover could be interesting, but I need to see more.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Classic NES
Shonen Jump would have been better.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, crossing over with HNK and DBZ, that's something alot of fans been wanting.

ThoraxeRMG
Shonen Jump VS. Capcom is a stupid idea.

Blax_Hydralisk
Not any stupider then Mortal Kombat vs. DC. ermm

Picturing Sonya punching the Flash is one of the biggest atocieties in video game history.

ThoraxeRMG

Picturing Sonya punching the Flash is one of the biggest atocieties in video game history.

Damn, you do have a excellent point. sad

SmashBro

Except Mortal Kombat vs. DC isn't stupid! If you think it is, then at least explain why?

And what do you think of the Marvel vs. Capcom series?

SmashBro
Shonen Jump VS. Capcom is a stupid idea.

At least give an explanation.

Jedah Materia
Well Batsu is gonna be in the game...that's a plus.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by SmashBro
At least give an explanation.

Naruto VS. Ryu = Stupid as hell.
And that's just a starter....

****ing win.

dvampire

****ing win.

How is that stupid? If they bring Marvel characters (Ryu vs. Thanos is crazy) together with capcom characters, why couldn't they do the same with Jump characters.

I can't wait for this game btw! It's been a while since I've played Rival Schools, so I'm glad Bastsu is in the game.

Blax_Hydralisk
Except Mortal Kombat vs. DC isn't stupid! If you think it is, then at least explain why?

Because the Flash moves at lightspeed, and so does Superman.

How is anyone in the Mortal Kombat universe, none of whom move fast enough to even dodge tons of bullets, going to touch people who move faster then light? How are they going to hurt people who survive being thrown into space and flying through blackholes and having buildings fall on them and having nukes explode in their face?

That's retarded as hell as well. I'm laughing at the fact that you'll actually be able to beat Yoda and Darth Vader in fights as a character who uses a regular old sword in Soul Caliber 4, considering Yoda and Vader together would solo the entire SC cast. The majority of cross-over games are retarded like that, but it doesn't really matter because they're not trying to be accurate, they're just trying to make a fun game, which is cool. When MvC came out I played it 24/7, same with SSB (I play Brawl a lot now.), and when MKVDC comes out I'll probably buy it and play it as well.

Still doesn't change the fact that the idea and the plot is going to be stupid.

Classic NES
The problem with these crossovers is that they are completely random. There doesn't seem to be an attempt to bring groups that have some sort of common ground into crossovers. What I mean is that said companies usually have no connection or similarities with each other. It's like someone just randomly selected a companies name during a raffle and decided to pair up. In the long run you could just argue that seeing characters from different franchises is cool. But, I'd rather have a crossover like Capcom Vs. SNK where said companies have rivalries or some common history together than something completely random. These games are still fun, but intelligent decisions they are not. . .Can't wait for Mcdonalds vs Capcom.

SmashBro
Because the Flash moves at lightspeed, and so does Superman.

How is anyone in the Mortal Kombat universe, none of whom move fast enough to even dodge tons of bullets, going to touch people who move faster then light? How are they going to hurt people who survive being thrown into space and flying through blackholes and having buildings fall on them and having nukes explode in their face?

You're taking crossovers WAY too seriously. They're not canon to either series and as already stated, they don't have to have everything in common.

That's retarded as hell as well. I'm laughing at the fact that you'll actually be able to beat Yoda and Darth Vader in fights as a character who uses a regular old sword in Soul Caliber 4, considering Yoda and Vader together would solo the entire SC cast. The majority of cross-over games are retarded like that, but it doesn't really matter because they're not trying to be accurate, they're just trying to make a fun game, which is cool. When MvC came out I played it 24/7, same with SSB (I play Brawl a lot now.), and when MKVDC comes out I'll probably buy it and play it as well.

Still doesn't change the fact that the idea and the plot is going to be stupid.

Exactly. you said it yourself; they're not trying to be accurate, they're trying to make a fun game. Plus it's not like the crossovers are canon to the series involved. The idea of playing as characters from not only different series but different companies is something many fans want.

SmashBro

No offense but that's a weak reason. Do you honestly think you'll be worrying about who fights who once you play the game?

ThoraxeRMG
No offense but that's a weak reason. Do you honestly think you'll be worrying about who fights who once you play the game?

I also stated I had more VALID reasons.
Yes, because it would greatly limit who I would play as.

Blax_Hydralisk
Exactly. you said it yourself; they're not trying to be accurate, they're trying to make a fun game. Plus it's not like the crossovers are canon to the series involved. The idea of playing as characters from not only different series but different companies is something many fans want.

It is something many fans want. I'm just not one of them, because I'm a prick.

Hence, cross-overs are stupid to me unless they're semi-realistic.

I have Mugen though, so... who am I to complain?

SmashBro
I also stated I had more VALID reasons.
Yes, because it would greatly limit who I would play as.

When did you state that? And why didn't you put those "valid" reasons instead?

How would it limit who you play as?

ThoraxeRMG
When did you state that?

And why didn't you put those "valid" reasons instead?

Because I had and have better things to do than argue on how stupid that crossover would be. Seeing Goku fighting anyone from Capcom is plain foolish.

How would it limit who you play as?

It would make me avoid playing as anyone from the Shonen Jump side.

SmashBro
Your quote didn't say anything about "valid points".

Because I had and have better things to do than argue on how stupid that crossover would be. Seeing Goku fighting anyone from Capcom is plain foolish.

And what's wrong with Goku fighting someone from Capcom? I don't see what's so bad about that.

It would make me avoid playing as anyone from the Shonen Jump side.

So who fights who would makes you avoid playing as anyone from the Shonen Jump side? What the f**k? I don't get it.

ThoraxeRMG
Your quote didn't say anything about "valid points".

"And that's just a starter...."

There.

And what's wrong with Goku fighting someone from Capcom? I don't see what's so bad about that.

The fact that basically almost no one from Capcom can survive a good punch from him.

So who fights who would makes you avoid playing as anyone from the Shonen Jump side? What the f**k? I don't get it.

I meant I would avoid playing as any character from the Shonen Jump side. confused

SmashBro
"And that's just a starter...."

There.

Sorry but there's nothing about "valid points" in that quote.

The fact that basically almost no one from Capcom can survive a good punch from him.

I really wouldn't go that far, since you got the likes of Darkstalkers characters from Capcom.

I meant I would avoid playing as any character from the Shonen Jump side. confused

That's what I just asked you. It's the reason is what I'm getting at.

SmashBro
It is something many fans want. I'm just not one of them, because I'm a prick.

Hence, cross-overs are stupid to me unless they're semi-realistic.

I have Mugen though, so... who am I to complain?

But for some reason, you seem to dislike the idea of MK vs. DC more than Shonen Jump vs. Capcom.

And prior to that, you had characters who couldn't even destroy buildings, hanging around with the likes of Apocalypse, Onlsaught, and Thanos so you must hate MK vs. DC and the Marvel vs. Capcom series equally. big grin

Jedah Materia
The problem with these crossovers is that they are completely random. There doesn't seem to be an attempt to bring groups that have some sort of common ground into crossovers. What I mean is that said companies usually have no connection or similarities with each other. It's like someone just randomly selected a companies name during a raffle and decided to pair up. In the long run you could just argue that seeing characters from different franchises is cool. But, I'd rather have a crossover like Capcom Vs. SNK where said companies have rivalries or some common history together than something completely random. These games are still fun, but intelligent decisions they are not. Exactly

Can't wait for Mcdonalds vs Capcom. laughing
Ronald Mcdonald takes on Ryu rolling on floor laughing

dvampire
I hope they put Gawl (From Generator Gawl) in this game. But that might not happen since Teknoman is in it.

ThoraxeRMG
Sorry but there's nothing about "valid points" in that quote.

It hints that I had more reasons.

I really wouldn't go that far, since you got the likes of Darkstalkers characters from Capcom.

Hence the "almost" part.

That's what I just asked you. It's the reason is what I'm getting at.

Because I think the idea of any Shonen Jump character fighting any Capcom character is stupid.

SmashBro
It hints that I had more reasons.

And who said you didn't?

Hence the "almost" part.

Well that's no different from the MvC series, yet I don't hear people complaining about that.

Because I think the idea of any Shonen Jump character fighting any Capcom character is stupid.

Many of Capcom's ideas were highly inspired by animes and mangas, including Fist of the North Star, the series that Street Fighter was highly inspired by (obviously). So I don't see anything wrong with this.

ThoraxeRMG
And who said you didn't?

Well, no one did. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well that's no different from the MvC series, yet I don't hear people complaining about that.

I still thought that idea was dumb.

Many of Capcom's ideas were highly inspired by animes and mangas, including Fist of the North Star, the series that Street Fighter was highly inspired by (obviously). So I don't see anything wrong with this.

Being inspired is way different.

SmashBro
I still thought that idea was dumb.

Can you at least be positive for once?

Being inspired is way different.

But you would know that there is something related between the series and that there's alot of characters that could fit well together.

Which leads to my next question; what do you think of the Jump Super Stars games?

ThoraxeRMG
Can you at least be positive for once?

Yes I can.
Here, I actually have a copy of both 'Marvel VS. Capcom 1 and 2".
I admit playing all of the "Capcom VS." series. The only one I fully enjoy with out criticism is the 'Capcom VS. SNK' series.

But you would know that there is something related between the series and that there's alot of characters that could fit well together.

I agree on that part.

Which leads to my next question; what do you think of the Jump Super Stars games?

I imported it.
But I think Battle Stadium D.O.N is a better crossover.

SmashBro
Yes I can.
Here, I actually have a copy of both 'Marvel VS. Capcom 1 and 2".
I admit playing all of the "Capcom VS." series. The only one I fully enjoy with out criticism is the 'Capcom VS. SNK' series.

That's better.

I agree on that part.

Well at least we agree on something.

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG I imported it.
But I think Battle Stadium D.O.N is a better crossover.

That's good, but what do you think of the crossover itself?

dvampire
Capcom vs. SNK 2 was a great game, but Marvel vs. Capcom 2 far better IMO.

Shonen Jump vs. Capcom would be a great game to play, just like I think this Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is going to be.

Some good match-ups I would like to see in a Shonen vs. Capcom fighting game if it was made would be:

Ryu vs. Goku- Because of the way they trow their fireballs
Luffy vs. Dhalsim- They both stretch their limbs
Zangief vs. Kid Muscle- They both are wrestlers
Ichigo vs. Strider- They're both swordsmen
Yusuke vs. Batsu- They're both hot headed high school kids

Keep in mind it's just a game, it's not to be taken serious, it's just a game for people to enjoy.

SmashBro
Originally posted by dvampire
Capcom vs. SNK 2 was a great game, but Marvel vs. Capcom 2 far better IMO.

Shonen Jump vs. Capcom would be a great game to play, just like I think this Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is going to be.

Some good match-ups I would like to see in a Shonen vs. Capcom fighting game if it was made would be:

Ryu vs. Goku- Because of the way they trow their fireballs
Luffy vs. Dhalsim- They both stretch their limbs
Zangief vs. Kid Muscle- They both are wrestlers
Ichigo vs. Strider- They're both swordsmen
Yusuke vs. Batsu- They're both hot headed high school kids

Keep in mind it's just a game, it's not to be taken serious, it's just a game for people to enjoy.

Yeah, these are some pretty good matchups. I use to want to see Ryu and Goku fight in a game too since I always thought they were similar in many ways. I also want to see a Ryu vs. Kenshiro match too. Those two are even MORE similar.

dvampire
Yeah I always wanted to see Kenshiro in a fighting game also. I think that's where Capcom got their ideas from. Like Kenshiro and (forgot his name) that guy who gave him the seven scars on his chest, is kind of reminds me of Ken and Ryu.

SmashBro
Originally posted by dvampire
Yeah I always wanted to see Kenshiro in a fighting game also. I think that's where Capcom got their ideas from. Like Kenshiro and (forgot his name) that guy who gave him the seven scars on his chest, is kind of reminds me of Ken and Ryu.

Yeah, many of the attacks and the whole Dark Hadou storyline was clearly taken from FOTNS too.

SaTsuJiN
as long as batsu doesnt suck as hard as he does in rival schools.. I can deal..

<3 tekkaman

SmashBro
I'm pretty sure he'll play just fine. I could as him pretty well in Rival Schools.

Also look here:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3051/tatsu02rn8.jpg

Can anyone tell me who's that with the sword on the right? I'm really hoping it's Dante because it sure looks like it.

ThoraxeRMG
I can see the outlines of Alex and Morrigan.

dvampire
Yeah it looks like Alex. That's great IMO, Zangief's good, but it's time to use another wrestler from SF in a vs. fighting game. I like Morrigan, but I hope they put Donovan (most likely spelled wrong) in this game.

dvampire
Yeah, many of the attacks and the whole Dark Hadou storyline was clearly taken from FOTNS too.

When Ken gets really mad his eyes glow red, just like when Ryu gets angry his glow red also. But I don't know the cause of Kens turning, they never explained that.

Jedah Materia
Alex is my favorite SF (Sean too), so this game havin Alex is a plus, but I really do want to see guys like the DS, V.Joe, Gene, Dante and most of all STRIDER HIRYU!!! Puttin cats like that in here will so save this game.

SaTsuJiN
well strider would be a nice counter to kyasshan

Yoshi Paradise
I would really like to see a trailer on this game.

Jedah Materia
Morrigan (thank God) and Soki are gonna be in it now, really wasn't expectin an Onimusha guy but that's a huge plus, nice way to stray away the SFs, Capcom.

Crossin my fingers for Strider and Jedah.

SmashBro
Ah, so it wasn't Dante afterall. I still got hope, though.

SaTsuJiN
I'd like to see hayato from star gladiator return with a completely new moveset.. cus' he SUCKED in MvC2

ThoraxeRMG
Hayato didn't suck.
They just made the game be extremely friendly on 'Projectiles', which Hayato lacked.

SmashBro
Hayato was good in MvC2. At least I could play as him pretty well.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah... and then you both got pwned by cable...

viper beam~
viper beam~
viper beam.... HYPER! VIPER BEAM! LOLOLOL...

hayato sucked... he wasnt nearly fast enough for someone who only had a sword and nothing else.. and it wasnt even a metal sword

ThoraxeRMG
I liked the Black Hayato cameo super though.
I was a beast with Cable, because of his cheap ass moves.

SmashBro
Oh please, there's plenty of people who are beasts with Cable.

Trailer and Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHouP4u6odM&eurl=http://www.fightersgeneration.com/tatsu-trailer.htm

I really like how Capcom's staying with what they're good at: 2D fighting gameplay.

ThoraxeRMG
Well, I already got my 'Team 1' figured out.
Eagle Ken and Batsu

SaTsuJiN

Trailer and Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHouP4u6odM&eurl=http://www.fightersgeneration.com/tatsu-trailer.htm

I really like how Capcom's staying with what they're good at: 2D fighting gameplay. you dont need to be a beast with cable to stuff hayato.. he didnt fit in with the rest of the cast... like jill valentine

also, game's lookin nice.. I wonder about KoF XII these days

ThoraxeRMG
A fact I already know.

Yoshi Paradise

Trailer and Gameplay:

I really like how Capcom's staying with what they're good at: 2D fighting gameplay.

That's a very good video.

Jedah Materia
Goddamn...that trailer was hot, hell, that game was hot.

T6 and SC4 better look out, Capcom's comin wit it this time around...

MVC all over again...

Kirikaze Fuuma
again... capcom upgrade their characters animations till DBZ levels. why didn't capcom use their original animation for their characters?

ThoraxeRMG
It wouldn't be 'extreme'.

SaTsuJiN
cuz then tatsunoko characters would probably curbstomp half capcoms cast

ThoraxeRMG
"SaTsuJiN, don't get worked up over the details" - Big Boss, 1964, During The Virtuous Mission and Operation Snake Eater.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedah
T6 and SC4 better look out, Capcom's comin wit it this time around...

Yeah and so is Midway.

SmashBro
Here's some more gameplay videos. Looks really fun to play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pv_R6edWW8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdAMOVCInR4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz1ue7eimeo

GenomeFrozener
I hope they place a character from Final Fight in this game.
Cody, Hugo, Sodom, Guy or even Poison!

SmashBro
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
I hope they place a character from Final Fight in this game.
Cody, Hugo, Sodom, Guy or even Poison!

Out of all of those, I'm really hoping for Guy.

GenomeFrozener
Screw Guy, he has enough spot light time in crossovering.
I want Cody, Poison or Sodom.

SaTsuJiN
lol yattaman looks pretty godly in that build

SmashBro

Well I take that back, I want either Guy or Cody. But Poison and Sodom? sick

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol yattaman looks pretty godly in that build

Yattaman is godly in general.

Well I take that back, I want either Guy or Cody. But Poison and Sodom? sick

Hell yeah, Poison was cheated out of Capcom Fighting All-Stars.
She MUST be in this game. love

SaTsuJiN
Ryu's regular fireball is pretty slow, while the shinkuu hadouken is like, instantly screen-covering..

batsu looks alot better melee-wise.. but the kiaidan and shinkai kiaidan still seem kinda slow

(and lol @ morrigan technically getting a new sprite)

SmashBro
Ryu's regular fireball is pretty slow, while the shinkuu hadouken is like, instantly screen-covering..

batsu looks alot better melee-wise.. but the kiaidan and shinkai kiaidan still seem kinda slow

(and lol @ morrigan technically getting a new sprite)

I thought Ryu's fireball was like that in the MvC series too.

And yeah, finally, a NEW Morrigan...from Capcom at least.

Vampire Savior
**** Capcom VS Tatsunoko, **** Capcom VS SNK 3!

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/mvc3-2.jpg
If you read some of the latest news on TFG you would know that this Just might happen.

If This game comes out ALL the other VS games can kiss my ass...

SmashBro
Oh so now Marvel wants to come back. Right when MK vs. DC is being made.

I kind of got mixed feelings about this but hopefully something good will come out of it.

dvampire
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 finally!

Blax_Hydralisk
Looking forward to it. It'll probably be better then MK vs. DC if their track records are any forms of implications.

The Cap'n

QFT. Cody gets no love, seriously.

SaTsuJiN
Looking forward to it. It'll probably be better then MK vs. DC if their track records are any forms of implications. you mean like capcom fighting jam? /vomit

evil face

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by Vampire Savior
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/mvc3-2.jpg

That's fake.

QFT. Cody gets no love, seriously.

Thank you!

Vampire Savior
That's fake.
Lol

Yup, but there is an official source now that says it might happen, MIGHT.

JustFrame
The problem with these crossovers is that they are completely random. There doesn't seem to be an attempt to bring groups that have some sort of common ground into crossovers. What I mean is that said companies usually have no connection or similarities with each other. It's like someone just randomly selected a companies name during a raffle and decided to pair up. In the long run you could just argue that seeing characters from different franchises is cool. But, I'd rather have a crossover like Capcom Vs. SNK where said companies have rivalries or some common history together than something completely random. These games are still fun, but intelligent decisions they are not. . .Can't wait for Mcdonalds vs Capcom.

I don't understand is how you don't think these wouldn't make any sense, because these cross overs are supposed to not have any common grounds whatsoever.

This is simply a way to attract people outside of the fighting game genre, and don't be surprised that their are now Tatsunoko fans are who psyched to be able to play Gotchaman up against Ryu, because it's a reality.

Pointless storyline, I won't lie about that, however from a gameplay stand point, which is the #1 most important piece of a fighting game, is what truly matters.

In most of the VS series, Capcom has made them fun...sure some where ridiculously broken..XvsSF, MvC2, the list goes on. However, Cross Overs where never, ever intended to be taken serious from a "storyline" point of view, or somewhere around those lines.

It's just the fun part of being able to pick Ryu vs Cyclops or Chunli vs Gotchaman that makes it entertaining, which is what TvC is all about.

I'm going to be looking forward to breaking this game down.

Also, that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 screen is mad fake, that thing was posted way back in like 2003, or 04, I forgot.

Ps: To whomever said Vader and Yoda would wipe out the whole SC cast for free...you've never really bothered to know how powerful some of the characters in SC truly are storyline-wise then.

Examples...Sophitia was chosen and given weapons from Gods...remember, Gods! Nightmare is so powerful, even his toned down version is powerful enough to wipe out armies with mere single blow swipes, someone like Inferno is practically nothing but Fire and Pure Energy.

I could go on, but Vader and Yoda definitely do not own the whole SC cast for free.

Blax_Hydralisk

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0807/game080728a.shtml

JustFrame

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by JustFrame

However, enough of SW vs SC, if you want to debate that, put it in the VS threads and I'll jump on the board for it.

Unfortunately, there is no place on this forum where we can debate this. If I were to make a thread for it in either the Star Wars or Game vs. forum, it'd be closed.
Can't we just continue to spam this thread with increasingly aggressive arguments in an obnoxious manner until Lana yells at us?

Yoshi Paradise
I wouldn't mind having the characters from the Viewtiful Joe and Power Stone franchise to be in this game.

GenomeFrozener
I agree with the wise man's post. ^

Vampire Savior
I wouldn't mind havin MVC3 but I do wanna see Captain Commando in this game, and I hope that if he is in it that he keeps his moves from the MVC series.

SaTsuJiN
oh god.. cap'n commando was so horrible... corridor was the only good thing

I would like him in, but get rid of captain fire, and captain kick

Vampire Savior
oh god.. cap'n commando was so horrible... corridor was the only good thing

I would like him in, but get rid of captain fire, and captain kick No way.

The Captain Fire not only went all the way across the screen but it was fast and it had a decent priority. Now the Captain Kick did suck, I suppose it was meant to get across the screen fast while still airborne or at least that's what I use it for. The Captain Corridor...well you pretty much know how monstrously over powered that is and the moves that involve his teammates prove useful in many ways. I kick ass wit the Cap.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Vampire Savior
No way.

The Captain Fire not only went all the way across the screen but it was fast and it had a decent priority. Now the Captain Kick did suck, I suppose it was meant to get across the screen fast while still airborne or at least that's what I use it for. The Captain Corridor...well you pretty much know how monstrously over powered that is and the moves that involve his teammates prove useful in many ways. I kick ass wit the Cap. captain fire and kick took too much time to get out in such a crazy fast game.. corridor made up for it because it had a monstrous hitbox and was soo good at anti air

captain sword was an amazing super as well

JustFrame
Capt. Fire was decent, in that it could be used relatively well, Capt. Kick was almost completely pointless, however, Corridor was only good in a game like MvC1 only if it was linked into a combo, and in MvC2, that was the legitimate reason why Commando is even in the Top-Tier Assist List, simply because this move is so beastly.

It comes out instantly, nearly stops every other assist in their tracks, it does insane damage+it went completely vertical beyond the screen, making it's uses extremely effective.

Commando suffered greatly in that, he was very slow overall in speed and recovery, which didn't help him a whole lot. You really had to utilize all of his gimmicks in order for him to be decent. In MvC1, he's not even that good, and in MvC2, by himself at point, he completely blows, you've pretty much lost especially if your up against a team like MSP, or Santhrax fully, intact, however in fact against any of the Big 4 solo vs Commando by himself is ggpo, however only as an AAA on a team like Santhrax for example is Commando truly a wrecking house, however again, only as an assist though.

Either or, I wouldn't mind him in this game, since his character was built in these types of vs games anyhow, so the transition would actually be very easy for Capcom. Not to mention, they could actually modify his attacks, so that he's better then the MvC1/2 counterparts that we saw of him as well, for more improvement.

I would love to see Zero in this game, because although Megaman has always been a better character in their games, Zero would fit far better in these games then Megaman from a gameplay standpoint imo, simply because he has a rushdown type gameplan, and that works wonders in VS games such as these.

Vampire Savior
Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on Fightgen?

OMG,this game looks phuckin ill, yo. When ever this game comes out, I'm gettin it...hopefully

For the 1st time ever Ryu actually looks top tier.

And Morrigan and the guy in white wit the Robodog looked good too.

JustFrame
Ryu has his 3S like poke that seems very strong, even safe on block so far. His Shinkuu-Hadouken doesn't do insane damage, but it does good damage, but more importantly, it's really safe on block, and Ryu's got good aerial coverage with his Hurricane Kick as well.

I didn't test it out, but someone told me that Ryu has his resets, are these resets like his XvsSF Ryu, and if it is in similar fashion to XvsSF Ryu, hahahaha, watch out folks, this can be a very good Ryu indeed.

Chunli looks really strong in here as well, however again, this is very new, so it's only for right now, don't hold this like the gospel truth, things can change on a whim, however as of now, Ryu looks good so far.

2008, the Year of Fighting Games.

Vampire Savior
It just seemed that Ryu was faster that usual even in a VS games. And I'm pretty sure I'm right about this but Ryu really didn't have a good combo/air combo game in the VS series, but in the clips I seen some guy was doin hella combos wit'im. But I guess the opportunity for him to be top tier would be vast...there are only like 10 characters in the game.

Yoshi Paradise
I agree with the wise man's post. ^

Seriously, I would love to wreak havoc with Sexy Silvia, Julia, or Rouge.

Also, I'm pretty sure that someone from the Megaman franchise will be in this game since I saw some Servbots in the background of one of the stages.

brainchild81
YES!!! Batsu and Tekkaman are confirmed!!!

It's good to see Capcom finally bring Batsu back after all this time. I can't wait to see how he plays because his moves definitely look suped up. Ditto, they should bring back more of the Rival Schools cast

outavodka
Originally posted by brainchild81
Ditto, they should bring back more of the Rival Schools cast i second this i am still obsessed with the game

Vampire Savior
Originally posted by brainchild81
Ditto, they should bring back more of the Rival Schools cast HYO!!!!!!!

Vampire Savior
Megaman (the Legends version) is in the game now!

And what is up wit the new characters being shown gettin their ass whiped?

Yoshi Paradise
I'm not surprised. I knew that Megaman was going to be in this game, but I didn't know which version was going to be used.

Vampire Savior
That's what caught me by surprise. the fact that they used Megaman Valnutt and not the original. Megaman X should be there too, I mean MVC2 had 2 Wolverines.

Yoshi Paradise
To be honest, I was expecting the classic/original version of Megaman or "Battle Networks" version of him.

Well, there's still a chance that some more characters from the Megaman franchise will be in this game...

Vampire Savior
One word...Karas!

Yoshi Paradise
Karas is pretty cool in this game. It's good to know that the character roster is still being built.

SmashBro
To be honest, I was expecting the classic/original version of Megaman or "Battle Networks" version of him.

Yeah, it would have been cool to see the original Megaman fight against Casshern because I always thought they were similar.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, and I just noticed that.

Anyway, if this game makes it to North America, the first character I'm going to choose will be Doronjo. She seems like a pretty cool character with funny attacks.

SmashBro
I'd probably start off mostly with the Tatsunoko characters first since I'm already kind of familiar with some of the Capcom characters already. Also, I hardly ever see people play as Ken the Eagle in the videos. I hope it's not because he's a bad character or sometihng.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>