Marv vs The Goon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betterman
The rain beat down on Basin City like it was Katrina's little sister come out to play for a night. Aside from Old Town, which was always open for business, folks kept the shutters down and the bolts locked. Who went outside when weather wasn't fit for man nor beast?

The answer was walking slowly with shoulders hunched and coat drawn, up Chandler St. Humming quietly to himself, this particular two-hundred and eighty pound, badly medicated sociopath by the name of Marv loved the rain. It cleared his head. Helped him to think.

As he rounded the corner into Spillane Ave, a figure half his size appeared out of the wet dark, bumping into his bulk without so much as an 'excuse me, comin' through'...

Marv looked down at what he thought was a kid. Eyes like pancakes with a hat straight out of a 40's gangster flick mashed over the top regarded him back.

'The hell you looking at ya stupid lug?' said the kid, sounding not like a kid at all. 'Bit a rain make ya as blind as ya are dumb?' he added.

Marv looked him over like a cigarette butt he was thinking to stub out. 'That's some mouth you got on you... kid'.

The little fella was clearly steamed at that. 'You making a crack 'bout my size, Frankenstein? I think that calls for a...KNIFE TO THE EYE!!'

He was quick but Marv got his hand up quicker. The blade went through the palm neat as you like and stopped as the handle ran out of edge. Marv calmly started pulling it out with his free hand, staring levelly at small-fry.

'You' he said, cracking the knuckles on his bleeding mitt, 'are short on manners like you are on legs. This is gonna turn ugly for ya.'

His hand shot out whip-fast, getting a solid clamp around the throat. Bit of pain as Shorty bit down on his thumb, but nothing too bad. Pulling him up to eye-level he got a lock on those weird, saucer-eyes.

'Now that' he said, a grin splitting his face, 'is one fine hat you're wearing'.

'Hey Bandages!' came a new voice from the rain ahead. Marv did a double-take as its owner materialised. Guys the same size as him were not the commonest thing in the world, but this one was. He eyeballed Marv from under the beaten old cap on his head.

'You pickin' on my buddy Franky?'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.