Odin/Zeus vs. (current) Molecule Man /Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
Odin has his spear, "Gungnir" and his mace, "Thrudstok".

Which team win?

Marvelknight
Anyone?

psycho gundam
you should wait till things cool down before you make a sky-father/cosmic thread.

guy222
agreed

starlock
Molecule Man & Tyrant for the win

Xplosive
Molecule Man and Tyrant for the win 10/10

quanchi112
Team 2 all day.

celestialdemon
Team 2 due to Molecule Man.

janus77
either one of Team 2 would get the majority over Team 1 but MM would stomp all the gods, all the time, everywhere.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Team 2 due to Molecule Man. Tyrant is more powerful than Zeus or Odin.

llagrok
Zeus sucks

Astner
Tyrant or MM solos.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by quanchi112
Tyrant is more powerful than Zeus or Odin.

Your opinion, not mine.

Utrigita
Team Two for the win.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Utrigita
Team Two for the win.
thumb up

Wow Ut, they shut down our cool debate in the fake Beyonder vs LT thread. sad

What happened? Who did what?

Utrigita
Badabing.

Precaution I think, which is understandable seeing how the other threads went, he most likely feared that when the other threads got closed, all members which had been involved in the other threads would simply move in there and slowly turn it into a battlefield more hammered then the last ones.

Mr Master

Badabing.

Precaution I think, which is understandable seeing how the other threads went, he most likely feared that when they got closed all the other arguments insults etc would simply move in there instead.
I didn't see any of that on that last page,
and I thought we were having a good debate. sad

Oh well, team two ftw.

Utrigita
Neither did I because there wasn't anything in it (not that I could analyse as real hostile)

But again precaution, and yes it was a good debate quiet interesting scenario from my point of view, bringing forth observation about how to look on the Toaa writer scenario.

Anyway Team Two ftw.

quanchi112
Your opinion, not mine. I know. Who is more powerful than Tyrant in your opinion? Or are they both? Lets hear it.

celestialdemon
I know. Who is more powerful than Tyrant in your opinion? Or are they both? Lets hear it.

Don't know enough about Zeus' feats. Odin is, but we've already been through this, so just leave it at that.

quanchi112
Don't know enough about Zeus' feats. Odin is, but we've already been through this, so just leave it at that. One day Ill get through to you. wink

Xplosive
Odin is

In your dreams.

Astner
Team 2 wins so hard that we'll need another term for "win" to describe this horrible babyshake.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Xplosive
In your dreams.

I'll bet you can't prove to me that Tyrant is more powerful.

janus77
Tyrant kicked Thanos' to the curb with far less effort than Odin?

Tyrant actually stood up to Galactus, doubt Odin would even merit attention.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by janus77
Tyrant kicked Thanos' to the curb with far less effort than Odin?

Thanos also did far less damage to Odin than Tyrant.

Tyrant actually stood up to Galactus, doubt Odin would even merit attention.

You doubt, but you have no proof.

janus77

You doubt, but you have no proof.
reasonable speculation, given Galactus' proximity to Celestials and the insignificance of ALL skyfathers combined against any old Celestial.

Tyrant certainly appears to be something of a threat to a 'normal' Galactus.

Thanos also had a power-up when facing off against Tyrant, and was clearly prepared for battle and intent on it. when Thanos 'fought' Odin, Thanos wasn't the one attacking nor that interested in the fight, merely demonstrating his resistance, durability and will power.

clearly, if Tyrant scared off Thanos where Odin couldn't, Tyrant should be judged the superior opponent for Thanos.

Astner
Thanos had Tyrant's enchantment orb while fighting Tyrant.

celestialdemon
reasonable speculation, given Galactus' proximity to Celestials and the insignificance of ALL skyfathers combined against any old Celestial.

Thanos, who is far less powerful than Odin, was able to blast Galactus through his ship. Seems naive to think Odin wouldn't "merit attention" from Galactus.

Tyrant certainly appears to be something of a threat to a 'normal' Galactus.

Yet when they battled, Tyrant did absolutely nothing to Galactus until Galactus got tired of him and strapped him to his machine.

Thanos also had a power-up when facing off against Tyrant, and was clearly prepared for battle and intent on it. when Thanos 'fought' Odin, Thanos wasn't the one attacking nor that interested in the fight, merely demonstrating his resistance, durability and will power.

A powerup of an unspecified amount which Tyrant himself didn't refer to when he commented on Thanos' power. And Thanos' preparation for the battle was just knowing his history with Galactus. He didn't bother witnessing Tyrant fight and studying his tactics.

clearly, if Tyrant scared off Thanos where Odin couldn't, Tyrant should be judged the superior opponent for Thanos.

Tyrant didn't scare Thanos off. Thanos acknowledged Tyrant's power but said he had withstood it. That was his goal. Odin didn't scare Thanos off because they were there to get Odin's help. Running wouldn't have accomplished that goal.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Astner
Thanos had Tyrant's enchantment orb while fighting Tyrant.

What was in the orb? What was the amount of enhancement? Why didn't Tyrant acknowledge Thanos using that orb when he commented on Thanos being more than the others?

Utrigita
Thanos, who is far less powerful than Odin, was able to blast Galactus through his ship. Seems naive to think Odin wouldn't "merit attention" from Galactus.

And please remember what happened to Thanos afterwards.

Astner
What was in the orb? What was the amount of enhancement? Why didn't Tyrant acknowledge Thanos using that orb when he commented on Thanos being more than the others?
The orb was an aspect of Tyrant's power. Thanos used his own, along with Tyrant's power against Tyrant.
All it said was that it was some kind of power container, and like a key to Tyrant's power.

celestialdemon
And please remember what happened to Thanos afterwards.

I am well aware of that. I was just responding to him stating that Odin would barely merit Galactus' attention but Tyrant was a serious threat.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Astner
The orb was an aspect of Tyrant's power. Thanos used his own, along with Tyrant's power against Tyrant.
All it said was that it was some kind of power container, and like a key to Tyrant's power.

But you have no idea how much it helped Thanos. Tyrant even laughed at Thanos in the end because he had lots more orbs stored. So if it didn't bother Tyrant too much, then it probably didn't have that much in it.

Again, when Thanos blasted Tyrant, Tyrant commented that Thanos was more than the others he had faced. He didn't say anything about Thanos only being able to hurt him because of the orb.

Utrigita
I am well aware of that. I was just responding to him stating that Odin would barely merit Galactus' attention but Tyrant was a serious threat.

Ahh okay.

Was it with Skyfathers didn't get Arishem Attention? Because imo they sure did, else he wouldn't have threaten to lock them out from there realms.

janus77
Ahh okay.

Was it with Skyfathers didn't get Arishem Attention? Because imo they sure did, else he wouldn't have threaten to lock them out from there realms.
as a group they managed to get 'attention', then get humbled.
individually, I'd suspect even attention would be a horribly difficult task.

Utrigita
as a group they managed to get 'attention', then get humbled.
individually, I'd suspect even attention would be a horribly difficult task.

Agreed, however I thought Celestialdemon said that you said Odin Vishnu and Zeus didn't get attention which they did. but nevermind I have misunderstood that part.

kevdude
team two

quanchi112
I'll bet you can't prove to me that Tyrant is more powerful. The same could be said of your Odin.

quanchi112

You doubt, but you have no proof. Huh,Thanos had prep which was explained to you and a weapon. Odin fought on Asgard giving him an advantage against an unprepped Thanos would refused to leave the battlefield when he could have left at any time or yielded but he chose to take on Odin and take everything he threw at him.

celestialdemon
The same could be said of your Odin.

There's no direct proof because they have never battled, but I'll bet Odin has a lot more impressive feats than Tyrant does.

quanchi112
There's no direct proof because they have never battled, but I'll bet Odin has a lot more impressive feats than Tyrant does. Odin couldnt even phase a Celestial while he was extremely amped. Tyrant was beating on Galactus with no amp. Galactus was well fed and knew their confrontation was coming.

celestialdemon
Huh,Thanos had prep which was explained to you and a weapon. Odin fought on Asgard giving him an advantage against an unprepped Thanos would refused to leave the battlefield when he could have left at any time or yielded but he chose to take on Odin and take everything he threw at him.

What was his prep? He knew of Tyrant's history with Galactus. That's about it. He didn't know anything about how Tyrant fought or how powerful he was. I can look up the entire history of my neighbor before I get ready to fight him, but unless I actually know how he fights or what his strengths and weaknesses are, it doesn't mean anything.

As for the weapon, I have yet to have anyone tell me exactly how much power was in the orb or why Tyrant didn't acknowledge it's power with Thanos', so I don't care about the orb.

Show me any statement where Odin is more powerful in Asgard than out of it.

quanchi112
What was his prep? He knew of Tyrant's history with Galactus. That's about it. He didn't know anything about how Tyrant fought or how powerful he was. I can look up the entire history of my neighbor before I get ready to fight him, but unless I actually know how he fights or what his strengths and weaknesses are, it doesn't mean anything.

As for the weapon, I have yet to have anyone tell me exactly how much power was in the orb or why Tyrant didn't acknowledge it's power with Thanos', so I don't care about the orb.

Show me any statement where Odin is more powerful in Asgard than out of it. Its obvious the orb was used as a weapon. Its obvious it wasnt a butterknife.

Thanos prepped himself mentally to attack Tyrant. If your mind is prepared youll do better than just getting jumped in an alley. We are talking about Thanos here who is the prep king.

You really dont believe me that Odin is more powerful in Asgard as opposed to outside of it.

celestialdemon
Odin couldnt even phase a Celestial while he was extremely amped. Tyrant was beating on Galactus with no amp. Galactus was well fed and knew their confrontation was coming.

Tyrant didn't harm Galactus until he used his own tech against him. Has Tyrant ever confronted a Celestial the way Odin has, because Galactus' showings vary greatly.

quanchi112
Tyrant didn't harm Galactus until he used his own tech against him. Has Tyrant ever confronted a Celestial the way Odin has, because Galactus' showings vary greatly. Galactus used the tech first. So again I can spin it your way and say that Galactus felt he could only win this time by using the tech which backfired. Galactus tried two attacks that Tyrant used to his advantage.

celestialdemon
Galactus used the tech first. So again I can spin it your way and say that Galactus felt he could only win this time by using the tech which backfired. Galactus tried two attacks that Tyrant used to his advantage.

And that is why we leave it at that, because neither one of us is going to agree on the other's interpretation.

quanchi112
And that is why we leave it at that, because neither one of us is going to agree on the other's interpretation. Fine.

starlock
Its obvious the orb was used as a weapon. Its obvious it wasnt a butterknife.

Thanos prepped himself mentally to attack Tyrant. If your mind is prepared youll do better than just getting jumped in an alley. We are talking about Thanos here who is the prep king.

You really dont believe me that Odin is more powerful in Asgard as opposed to outside of it.

I agree with the fact that thanos held an orb of tyrants and if it was used? or was he just determined to get away with it? we cant be sure(unless someone has info i dont) and i have the comic, there was a point where thanos let go of it and it looked like he desperately wanted(needed) it back it......but that is off memory

I also agree that thanos had prep

But i also agree with celestialdemon in that as much as we take from their battles(thanos/tyrant/odin) its not clear how tyrant and odin would fare against each other...I.M.O tyrant is more powerful and odin is more versatile....but i would not use it as definitive proof or try and use it as evidence....you cant prove either one is superior to the other

quanchi112
Originally posted by starlock
I agree with the fact that thanos held an orb of tyrants and if it was used? or was he just determined to get away with it? we cant be sure(unless someone has info i dont) and i have the comic, there was a point where thanos let go of it and it looked like he desperately wanted(needed) it back it......but that is off memory

I also agree that thanos had prep

But i also agree with celestialdemon in that as much as we take from their battles(thanos/tyrant/odin) its not clear how tyrant and odin would fare against each other...I.M.O tyrant is more powerful and odin is more versatile....but i would not use it as definitive proof or try and use it as evidence....you cant prove either one is superior to the other I believe you can but in the end its all subjective.

lannfear
Odin of old seemed to be more powerful than today....has odin ever been offically depowered or did he and the other "traditional" gods become somewhat irrevelant once marvel created..Galactus?....even Thor ..whom you thought would know his dad better than anyone said , that it was only after he got his dads power, that he (odin)was more powerful than he imagined.....kinda hints that maybe odin had more up his sleeve....
cheers Happy Dance

the Darkone
Team 2 wins Molecule Man can beat the skyfathers by himself he is acube being. Odin can hold his own against Tyrant, Odin has more raw power than you think, if Odin wanted too he can summon the life force of Asgard and open a can of whoop a$$ on Tyrant.

janus77
still won't achieve much against Tyrant imo.

all skyfathers together are <<<<< a single Celestial,
normal Galactus = /< a single Celestial,
Tyrant =/< normal Galactus.

they're on another level to the Skyfathers.

Bentley
One can argue that Tyrant was only on that level because of Galactus tech, it cannot be proved but its a good interpretation.

janus77
fair enough but, it takes power to take tech off Galactus, to invade it and integrate it in to your person.

galactus has ejected others from his worldship by a mere thought, why could he not separate Tyrant from his tech?

I'm not saying Tyrant should beat a determined Galactus, just that they're close enough that Galactus has to respect him.

this is not the case when you place Odin next to Galactus, imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
One can argue that Tyrant was only on that level because of Galactus tech, it cannot be proved but its a good interpretation. Not at all. Galactus didnt want to fight him earlier because of the collateral damage it could cause. If it were a walk in the park he would have beaten him and taken Morg when they first ran into each other.

Tyrant can hang with Galactus and has proved it.

Bentley
It could be that Tyrant knowing that he could not overpower Galactus on his own, but knowing the enemy, predicted that Galan would try to strip him of his power with tech, and thus, Tyrant prepared himself for that eventuality becoming a very adept technopath.

I mean, its still speculation, but given how much time he spent to plan this attack, I would say its likely.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
It could be that Tyrant knowing that he could not overpower Galactus on his own, but knowing the enemy, predicted that Galan would try to strip him of his power with tech, and thus, Tyrant prepared himself for that eventuality becoming a very adept technopath.

I mean, its still speculation, but given how much time he spent to plan this attack, I would say its likely. Yet another possibility.

But I doubt it.

llagrok
Odin couldn't even touch the celestials?

He lopped off an arm :/

If you want to use super shitty writing where Galactus can be PHYSICALLY hurt, then that just further ruins your credibility Quanchi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Odin couldn't even touch the celestials?

He lopped off an arm :/

If you want to use super shitty writing where Galactus can be PHYSICALLY hurt, then that just further ruins your credibility Quanchi. Did it harm a Celestial at all? Did it? Context.

Its canon llagrok so deal with it. You and I dont write this stuff so your opinion carries no weight it happened so its a fact. stick out tongue

PowerCosmic
Frist of all, are we talking about Depowered Tyrant or Full Powered Tyrant? If it's Full Powered, Tyrant would solo Odin and Zeus. Now as for Depowered Tyrant, I think Tyrant would still win against Odin, given his battle against Thanos.

This would be an excellent match. Too bad it will never happen.

llagrok
Given his battle against thanos?

lmao

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Given his battle against thanos?

lmao He did better against Thanos than Odin did and in a shorter timeframe mentally prepared to boot. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.