Forgiveful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I think it is hilarious in ROTJ when Vader says the Empire is not as forgiving as him.Vader forgiveful?Yeah right.

Xizor
He says "the Emperor is not as forgiving as I am." It's a sweet line as the audience has yet to meet the Emperor, so since we know how cruel Vader is Lucas was setting us up for an even more evil and pitiless character. The line was also suppost to work the same way on the character it was spoken to in the movie, JerJerrod. Vader was motivating him to work faster on the death star by suggesting that when the emperor comes he might not let Jerrod live as Vader is. Still MORE significance behind that scene, Jerrod says that the Emperor asks the impossible, much like Luke thinks Yoda asks the impossible. Lucas shows the light and dark side here by those two characters responses to being asked the impossible. Where Yoda responds by quietly and reverently prooving Luke wrong, Vader simply suggests that Jerrod will be killed for questioning the Emperor's might. Lot's of movie brilliance went down in that scene, shame on you EJ for merely finding a line you quoted wrong as being "hilarious."

theEviljedi
Yeah I know I just thought hearing that was funny.It was a great scene though.

UnknownBountyHunter
Settle down Xizor smile Oh well, thanks for clarifying for him. I thought he said something else as well, you got to it first though.

Xizor
That's because I summed it up like Socretes.big grin

Darth Daft
Xizor I think you made an excellent account of that scene and I totally agree with you. It was a great scene full of many thoughts and issues.

yerssot
I find that the impossible thing is farfatched...

Wedge say it's impossible, even for a computer, to hit the exhaust pipe...

And "light and dark"? That's with the Force, you should say good adn evil, but then it wouldn't sound that good

Ushgarak
Err... you've lost me there, yerss.

Julie
Yeah, Yerssot's got some explaining to do smile

yerssot
sorry, what I ment was that also Wedge said that something was impossible therefor there is no balance between good and evil (2 vs 1)

and the term light and dark is only for the Force, not for ordinary people with no knowledge of the force

Ushgarak
I... think you might have misinterpreted what was being said there, yerss. Xizor (much missed in the RP) was simply comparing the differeing ways that Yoda (Light Side Dude) and Vader (Dark Side dude) react when told something is 'impossible', which he thought was a good Light/Dark contrast.

yerssot
Yes, but as far as I know JerJerrod isn't a Forcie, therefor I think the "light&dark" is wrong, and besides Wedge also said something was impossible in ANH
(funny, in the OT there is always someone who said that, what about TPM?)
So therefor there isn't a 1 vs 1 but a 2 vs 1 here, there is no balance between the two and therefor you can't use it

Ushgarak
Err... still thik you are missing the point a bit there. That Jerjerod isn't a 'forcie' has nothing to do with it; Xizor's point was entirely about how Yoda or Vader hanlded things.

yerssot
yes, that's something I KNOW YES!!!

I'm talking about the light&dark he's refering to, I think that's not in the correct place

Ushgarak
Why? I can't see any sense behind what you are saying. Why does Wedge saying something is impossible at some point have ANYTHING to do with it?

Xizor simply says 'Lucas shows the light and dark side here by those two characters responses to being asked the impossible'

So what does Wedge have to do with it?

Julie
confused Yerssot!!!.....

yerssot
Well, Wedge also said that it was impossible but now, the good guys are with 2: Luke and Wedge and the bad guys are alone: Mof JerJerrod...
so there is no balance between light&dark (and that term isn't correct)

Ushgarak
Err... you really do have a strange spin on this one, yerss...

yerssot
Thank you, I try

Julie
We know.......

yerssot
I know you know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.