rots kenobi vs the tpm team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
sabers
force
all out

same location as the tpm duel. same positions.

Lord Knightfa11
??? how will obi wan manage to fight himself?

Captain REX
That's not really the point, is it?

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Captain REX
That's not really the point, is it?

nope my point was to see how well his soresu stands against two ataro users, one padawan and one master

xxxpoppunker182
how many attacks per second could obi-wan block as of ROTS wasn't like 60 or somethin? either way i'm goin to say Rots obi-wan takes this comfortably.

he knows himself and could exploit the weaknesses of his past self and he knows how qui-gon fights but the TPM team doesn't know just how good rots obi is with a lightsaber.

DARTH POWER
I think thats cheating... that ROTS Kenobi knows them but they dnt knw him.. and its likely Qui-Gon would recognise a Soresu Master when he sees one..

Qui-Gon is good on his own. he was one of the best swordsman in the Galaxy,(next best after Mace at the time I think) so I think we can assume he was at least a High Level Master of Ataru.. probably completely mastered it.

Young Kenobi was ready to be knighted, and his Ataru was quite good as well. Handling 2 jedis is never an easy task unless your a really Uber powerful Jedi/Sith.. and these 2 are no ordinary jedi.. I think the 2 of them should take this. It would be difficult for Kenobi to keep defending agianst 2 really fast saber strikes, one on either side of him..

though it may take them a while to get thorugh ROTS Kenobis defense.

Blax_Hydralisk
Maul solos.

If he doesn't, then Rots Obi-Wan "Blocks 20 lightsaber strikes per second" Kenobi wins this.

tulakhordpwns
RotS Kenobi takes all categories pretty easily.

alterangel
RotS takes this one in the fact that he has not only defeated a sith, fought dooku (ill be it lost but adds to his experience pool), takes Grievous as an after thought, and is a hardened war veteran, wears these two down easily.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I think thats cheating... that ROTS Kenobi knows them but they dnt knw him.. and its likely Qui-Gon would recognise a Soresu Master when he sees one..

Qui-Gon is good on his own. he was one of the best swordsman in the Galaxy,(next best after Mace at the time I think) so I think we can assume he was at least a High Level Master of Ataru.. probably completely mastered it.

Young Kenobi was ready to be knighted, and his Ataru was quite good as well. Handling 2 jedis is never an easy task unless your a really Uber powerful Jedi/Sith.. and these 2 are no ordinary jedi.. I think the 2 of them should take this. It would be difficult for Kenobi to keep defending agianst 2 really fast saber strikes, one on either side of him..

though it may take them a while to get thorugh ROTS Kenobis defense.

I don't see them beating ROTS Obi.

Why would Obi knowing Qui-Gon's, Padawan Obi and Maul's styles be cheating? It is only logical since this is an Obi-Wan who has had experience with all 3 of them.

Maul and Qui-Gon are the biggest threat if you ask me. Mostly because Padawan Obi-Wan's defense isn't all too great and it wouldn't take General Kenobi much to split, or take out his younger self.

Maul's deadly...but Kenobi's Soresu will simply be too much, especially after watching how the General made short work of Grievous.

Qui-Gon's physically imposing, but I don't see him doing any better than he did against Maul.

Anyways if the team wins it is most likely because of the numbers advantage.

But that's just the way I see it.

Sidi-Boy
Wait a second... it's Maul, Qui-Gon, and TPM Obi-Wan vs. RotS Obi-Wan? If so, Obi-Wan gets owned. All three of them are rather formidable- particularly Maul- and can, most likely, overload his defenses if they attack him on all sides. Sure, his defense is possibly the best we've ever seen, but it won't be enough to protect himself from the combined attacks of three formidable opponents; unless he manages to pull off a 'high ground' on them, or they somehow don't work well together, Obi-Wan gets beaten.

If it's just against Qui-Gon and TPM Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan should beat them. They simply can't do much to him without the assistance of Maul, and while they may win in a force fight- seeing as all three didn't display any particularly impressive force feats- he could take them for a ride. I doubt that they're gonna be able to pull off 20 strikes per second, and seeing as RotS Obi-Wan's defense is far superior to Maul's, he should be able to fend them off with relative ease. Their Ataru will leave them open occasionally, and Obi-Wan can own them if that's the case.

Darth Maliko
Originally posted by Man of Christ
nope my point was to see how well his soresu stands against two ataro users, one padawan and one master

I say RoTS Kenobi.
His Soresu Form is by FAR superior imho.

A Dose Of Vraya
I think that the question to answer this question is ROTS Obi Wan vs. Maul bc Maul would have beaten the tpm team if he hadn't gotten cocky and we know that ROTS Obi Wan wouldn't screw up like Maul did. I think that Rots Obi Wan could take Maul and could therefore take tpm team

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Sidi-Boy
Wait a second... it's Maul, Qui-Gon, and TPM Obi-Wan vs. RotS Obi-Wan? If so, Obi-Wan gets owned. All three of them are rather formidable- particularly Maul- and can, most likely, overload his defenses if they attack him on all sides. Sure, his defense is possibly the best we've ever seen, but it won't be enough to protect himself from the combined attacks of three formidable opponents; unless he manages to pull off a 'high ground' on them, or they somehow don't work well together, Obi-Wan gets beaten.

If it's just against Qui-Gon and TPM Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan should beat them. They simply can't do much to him without the assistance of Maul, and while they may win in a force fight- seeing as all three didn't display any particularly impressive force feats- he could take them for a ride. I doubt that they're gonna be able to pull off 20 strikes per second, and seeing as RotS Obi-Wan's defense is far superior to Maul's, he should be able to fend them off with relative ease. Their Ataru will leave them open occasionally, and Obi-Wan can own them if that's the case.

i origionally intended just the two jedi to fight obi but if you throw in maul i think that would make them lose because with a saberstaff and juyo he will not work well with 2 ataro users as they might all cut eachother up in battle

Darth Maliko
i origionally intended just the two jedi to fight obi but if you throw in maul i think that would make them lose because with a saberstaff and juyo he will not work well with 2 ataro users as they might all cut eachother up in battle

This is very true.

Sidi-Boy

No. Maul attacks him from the back; they attack him from the front... watch this:

Maul: Back
Obi-Wan: Middle
Qui-Gon: Diagonal left
Obi2: Diagonal Right

There you have it. There won't be a space limitation if they focus on just their attacks; unless they pull off some crazy Ataru acrobatics; which I doubt they'll do; there's gonna be more than enough space for them to take out Obi-Wan, if they work together as a coordinated team. You have Maul using fast Juyo strikes from behind, maybe even landing a kick or two on Obi-Wan, and you have two competent Ataru users slicing him up in the front; Obi-Wan can block 20 strikes per second when it's all coming in front of him, but how can he block strikes coming on all of his sides, in addition to some kicks made by Maul? He'll be curbstomped.

Man of Christ
No. Maul attacks him from the back; they attack him from the front... watch this:

Maul: Back
Obi-Wan: Middle
Qui-Gon: Diagonal left
Obi2: Diagonal Right

There you have it. There won't be a space limitation if they focus on just their attacks; unless they pull off some crazy Ataru acrobatics; which I doubt they'll do; there's gonna be more than enough space for them to take out Obi-Wan, if they work together as a coordinated team. You have Maul using fast Juyo strikes from behind, maybe even landing a kick or two on Obi-Wan, and you have two competent Ataru users slicing him up in the front; Obi-Wan can block 20 strikes per second when it's all coming in front of him, but how can he block strikes coming on all of his sides, in addition to some kicks made by Maul? He'll be curbstomped.

lets use your scenario it is every risky and this could happen:

Obi wan, realizing he is surrounded jumps in the air when they swing and they care eachother up.

or

quigon stabs at obi, he sidesteps and the saber strikes maul.
or another variant of the above situation

Sidi-Boy
lets use your scenario it is every risky and this could happen:

Obi wan, realizing he is surrounded jumps in the air when they swing and they care eachother up.

or

quigon stabs at obi, he sidesteps and the saber strikes maul.
or another variant of the above situation

While that's a possibility, remember that if Obi-Wan is indeed to jump, he'll make himself extremely vulnerable, as Anakin had proven on Mustafar; Maul is rather fast and deadly, and could take Obi-Wan's jump to his advantage by cutting him up. Bye bye Obi.

Obi-Wan won't have the necessary time to sidetep an attack; remember, he's blocked to every single direction. Maul's double saber can strike either way, and remember there's still TPM Obi-Wan who can pose a threat to Obi-Wan. No, he won't be able to move an inch when three capable swordsman are attacking him.

Man of Christ
While that's a possibility, remember that if Obi-Wan is indeed to jump, he'll make himself extremely vulnerable, as Anakin had proven on Mustafar; Maul is rather fast and deadly, and could take Obi-Wan's jump to his advantage by cutting him up. Bye bye Obi.

Obi-Wan won't have the necessary time to sidetep an attack; remember, he's blocked to every single direction. Maul's double saber can strike either way, and remember there's still TPM Obi-Wan who can pose a threat to Obi-Wan. No, he won't be able to move an inch when three capable swordsman are attacking him.

as seasoned a jedi as rots obi wan is, its almost impossible that he would let them surround him in battle

Darth Maliko

This is definite IF they can surround him.
But as Man of Christ said:
"as seasoned a jedi as rots obi wan is, its almost impossible that he would let them surround him in battle"

tulakhordpwns
How well would Maul work with the TPM team? He uses Juyo and a doublebladed lightsaber, a form and weapon the jedi would not be used to fighting alongside. Also, Maul considers jedi to be below his skills. I doubt he would in tandem with the TPM team if he thinks he could take out RotS Kenobi by himself.
Teams are sometimes less than the sum of their parts. It happened in the Lumiya and Alema vs Tresina Lobi duel. It happened in Zannah's fight with the 2 jedi in RoT. Even when the teammates involved are great at group fighting a skilled adversary can maneuver so that they get in each other's way (like the RotS Dooku duel)

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
I think that the question to answer this question is ROTS Obi Wan vs. Maul bc Maul would have beaten the tpm team if he hadn't gotten cocky and we know that ROTS Obi Wan wouldn't screw up like Maul did. I think that Rots Obi Wan could take Maul and could therefore take tpm team

yeah but Mauls double bladed weapon helped him fight 2 jedis.. i dnt think he could have fought them both off with a single blade..

and to be honest i dnt think ROTS Obi-Wan culd either.. hed probably last a while, but thats it. Qui-Gon was a great Jedi Master. Was almost Mace Windus equal at TPM time. Obi-wans not like Sidious that he'll just take out a great Jedi Master in seconds.

also Ataru strikes are very fast.. hows Obi-wan gna defend against 2 simultaneous strikes on either side of him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.