Trebor deflecting Jango's shots?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Did Coleman Trebor deflect Jango's shots in the theater version or was that changed to make him look more heroic on DVD? Not quite clear on this, cause I don't remember Trebor deflecting them before dying...

finti
he deflected the first shots

Ushgarak
Yeah. But... it was still just dreadful... I wish they had made Jango make some EFFORT rather than just standing and shooting!

mah
it was a mucho pathetic death

finti
he looked feeble, way too easy.

Ushgarak
And a COUNCIL Member!!! Nuts!

Dexx
the basic mistake was being up there in the first place..

Ushgarak
If it was Dooku that had killed him, fine, but As it was...

(shakes head sorrowfully)

Mind you, seeing all the trouble Mace had gone to to get DOWN from there... and as for no reason he failed to kill Jango when the fight started, that cost Trebor rather bad!

Julie
I agree with the others that he deflected the first two shots and then took the next two ....in the chest...ouch. Oh well you can't catch them all ....that was pretty close range.

finti
even so if it was close range they made him look like a rookie

Ushgarak
Nah, they are all hairy and big and... oh, wait, I see, yeah.

Well, a crappy rookie at that...

Julie
so what...everybody has their off days.....it's just that some people's off days are fatal.

Ushgarak
Yes, but someone's 'off-day' isn't really inside the scope of a simple film like Star Wars and the only mistake he appeared to make was being rubbish.

And no-one is laughing at my rookie joke! Bah!

Dexx
*scrolls up*
oh yes..that..hehe
big grin

ToMacco
Who the hell is Trebor?

Ushgarak
He's the blue thing that Jango shoots dead on the balcony in the big arena battle.

Julie
"blue thing" .....kinda harsh for a description of a jedi....master

Ushgarak
Perfect for a guy who does not care and just wants to know what we were talking about.

Julie
oh ok...*nods and smiles*

Captain REX
This would be him To. He's a Vurk Jedi "Master".

Volundro Ramm
Does anyone recognise the name backwards(well, kinda backwards): Robert Coleman. Hmmm

Mujaffa
funny

Julie
I know he was named after someone...I forget who though...that's probably it

Koon Rulz
his name is not Coleman Trebor. Coleman Trebor was another more common name for him. His real name is Sarr Labooda(you can look it up for yourselves)

Ushgarak
I;ve only ever seen that as a little-used alternate name for him.

Koon Rulz
well thats the one i know him best by

Orlando
Even though Fett gets his, it's nice to see (this once) that the blaster is mightier than the sword...

Ushgarak
Which was ridiculous!

Koon Rulz
it was only a mistake of Trebor's. If he hadn't been shot twice he would have killed Jango Fett

finti
what a dumb thing to say roll eyes (sarcastic)
oh if Luke hadnt made the shot at death star then........

Captain REX
Koon, Sarr Labooda was going to be his name, but at the last minute they changed it. Check the Official Site databanks and you'll find Coleman Trebor right there.

Julie, Trebor is named after Robert Coleman. He was part of the CGI stuff for Episode II, and he had (involuntarily) Trebor named after him.

Ushgarak
Look, Jedi are damn hard, able to take on many times their number. CT was a COUNCIL member. If Jango had actually made some EFFORT (like, say, blasting under Trebor's guard with his jetpack and firing upwards) I would have thought @Blimey, he went down easy for a Council Member!"

As it was, all Jango did was stand there and shoot, something any normal Jedi seems to be able to repel more or less indefinitely. It was beyond terrible.

General Kaliero
The only thing I thought worse than that was Jango's death. Mace put no effort in that, and everyone liked Jango. And where was his other blaster?!

finti
everyone liked Jango???

mah
Jango's death was cool. he'd lost his jetpack so against a jedi in an open field he didnt really stand a chance.

Ushgarak
I LIKE the way Mace killed him so easy- goes to show how damn dangeerous a Jedi like him is!

Darth Ninja
Jango's death was stupid. He had so many weapons he could've used and he just used his blaster. C'mon! Even Boba put a better fight in ROTJ against Luke. I know Mace is suppossed to be tough, but Jango fought like a moron. Jumping for the lightsaber. What was that all about?! That made Jango look like a bumbling clown. He just should've fired at Mace. As for Trebor's death . . . that stupid as well. Jango killed him way too easily. Trebor sucked for a Jedi Council Master. Did you notice that Dooku was reaching for his lightsaber, when Jango acted first. If Jango hadn't been there, it would've been interesting to see if Dooku could've drew his lightsaber in time to block Trebor's attack.

Ushgarak
I would have rated Dooku's chances extremely highly...

I still think the Jango/Mace fight made an important point. You can be the best Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy but you have not a chance against the greatest Jedi.

finti
to me it looked like Dooku was taken by bit of a surprise

Ushgarak
I doubt a powerful Jedi like him CAN be surprised.

finti
nah they can be surprised

Ushgarak
Despite always being able to sense things beofre they happen? Dooku was extremely calm for there was no danger.

Darth Ninja
Taking down a Jedi is very hard for non-force users. Still the Mandalorian Warriors (Jango, Boba, Jodo etc.) would prove deadly to even the best Jedi. Why? Obviously, because their armored battlesuits are full of weapons and lightsaber resistant. (Mace cut Jango's head off by slicing between the helmet, where there was no armor). One-on-one a single Madalorian Warrior probably wouldn't defeat a Jedi, but working in a group, they could have much better success.

Ushgarak
That armour is not sabre resistant.

General Kaliero
That would be cortosis, Ninja.

Darth Ninja
Mandalorian armor IS lightsaber resistant, but NOT lightsaber proof. If you read enough EU on the Mandalorian Warriors, you'll find that lightsabers don't always cut through Mandalorian Iron.

Ushgarak
We don't really care about the EU, though. The films make a pretty clear point about lightsabres going through ANY solid material. QGJ cut through that blast door in TPM like butter- no armour could be better.

Darth Ninja
I guess this topic really should go to the EU section, since Mandalorian is almost completely EU now. Cortosis is EU as well.

Master Mawi
Coleman Trebor is a FORM VI user. Diplomat's Form. It actually means that he sucks at combat. He was mostly regarded as a negotiator in the star wars universe.

matreid
Blue thing! Hes a gray/green thing in my opinion!

Koolwoo92
whats his name, the guy with the mace windu sig. is right. Coleman was a Form 6 user, Niman. It tries to mix all 7 forms together and is ultimately weaker than all others, therefore being better for diplomats. The reason why Coleman was even on the council was just cause he was wise or something like that

Sorgo
Originally posted by Koolwoo92
whats his name, the guy with the mace windu sig. is right. Coleman was a Form 6 user, Niman. It tries to mix all 7 forms together and is ultimately weaker than all others, therefore being better for diplomats. The reason why Coleman was even on the council was just cause he was wise or something like that

Who the hell said Form 6 was weaker than the others? That's just stupid.

Orestes
You know, aside from all of the rest of this ... strictly from a real-world perspective ... the way Jango won on the balcony makes perfect sense. Jango fired four shots in rapid succession. If with his first two, he managed to "lead" the saber off-center enough to get his second two shots in, then that's how it would look. Very fast and very (to the casual observer) easy. But not really, since in reality, shooting with even a modicum of accuracy is much, MUCH harder than it looks in the movies and on TV.

Meanwhile, in the Jango vs. Mace fight ... well, it wasn't a fight, really, since Jango's jetpack failed, which would be like Mace's saber failing. It was more of an execution. But yeah, when Mace lost his saber, Jango SHOULD have just shot. Trouble is, that would have meant Mace dying and would have shown how vulnerable jedi can really be ... which wouldn't have pleased Lucas much. stick out tongue

The part about Jango using his other weapons in that last part, though ... didn't his flamethrower actually draw from the same fuel source as his jetpack?

Koolwoo92
who agrees with me that form 6 is weaker than the others? check out starwars.com then look at coleman trebor. also wikipedia and answers.com agree and if u say those are fake then take another look at starwars.com (sorry if it sounds mean but u cant control what ppl hear in their brains when they read. im not trying to sound mean)

yerssot
first off, all those talks about Forms and which one is stronger or wearker is largely based on EU... I believe only Vaapad has been mentioned in the official novel of AOTC and two others in the novel of ROTS when Anakin and OB1 duel with Dooku. Nothing about the rest. So as you know after reading the stickies about EU here on KMC... that discussion should be in the EU section
And as last, don't quote wikipedia and answers.com like they are anything near canon in the field of star wars

Tengu Man
hmm just goes to show you dinosaurs dont belong in star wars, jango was just being the badass mandalorian he is big grin

Council#13
Wow this thread is REALLY old

Council#13
But not as old as the "if i were a jedi it would suck..." thread. that one was made in Febuary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.