VS Forum Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Hi guys,

Something's been annoying the hell out of me recently. I've made a few threads on which included star wars and then Matrix characters. It took me awhile to type out everything and do some research on the characters.
Only to have it closed down with "X is not allowed here".
Some of the characters that I've used is definately featured in comics.
Anyway, the main gripe I have is that its not in the "Forum Rules" which characters you can or cannot discuss about.
So could a mod please add that to the "Rules" section so I (and others like me) know whats not allowed before we waste our time with it? . In the mean time I'll just stay with Marvel and DC...

Another weird thing is that most members already know which topics are not allowed, but I have no idea how they know which topics are forbidden. sad

psycho gundam
just pm a mod or two if it's ok to make a mixed thread before hand, and it helps to inform them that there is a relevant comic series made about the character.

DigiMark007
1. This should be handled in PMs with the appropriate mods

2. A psychotic amount of characters have had a comic or two, or a short series. When I was mod here, my rules were that the character either had to originate in comics or be primarily a comic character. Matrix characters, for example, fit neither of those criteria. The inverse of such thinking would be to allow pretty much every game, tv, and movie character that ever had a modicum of popularity. Genres aren't clearly defined lines, but they need to be drawn somewhere for forum purposes.

I obviously can't speak for Bada, Tron, and Pr, but that should cover most of what they'd tell you anyway.

Also, the rules cover this some. If people don't know, it's likely they never read them.

Scoobless
There are rules now?

no expression

King Kandy
The current rules are:

You can include non-comic characters, as long as the thread includes a comic character, and the non-comic characters have no vs. forum for their genre.

Scoobless
......and no characters who wear girdles are allowed.

smile

Placidity
Originally posted by King Kandy
The current rules are:

You can include non-comic characters, as long as the thread includes a comic character, and the non-comic characters have no vs. forum for their genre.

I dont think thats right... all my closed topics included comic characters, and some were movie characters but also had their own comics after that.

Kinda like how Predator is allowed, but Star Wars isnt.. Don't get that. Well I guess Predator was involved in cross-overs with DC, maybe thats why.

Badabing
Originally posted by Placidity
Hi guys,

Something's been annoying the hell out of me recently. I've made a few threads on which included star wars and then Matrix characters. It took me awhile to type out everything and do some research on the characters.
Only to have it closed down with "X is not allowed here".
Some of the characters that I've used is definately featured in comics.
Anyway, the main gripe I have is that its not in the "Forum Rules" which characters you can or cannot discuss about.
So could a mod please add that to the "Rules" section so I (and others like me) know whats not allowed before we waste our time with it? . In the mean time I'll just stay with Marvel and DC...

Another weird thing is that most members already know which topics are not allowed, but I have no idea how they know which topics are forbidden. sad Versus Forum Rules

Keep them comic related.

- If there is another forum for discussing the characters, they are banned. This includes game characters, anime/manga, and Star Wars.

- Beyond that, if a character has a comic and doesn't belong in one of the other forums, they will be allowed. The "primarily viewed in a comic medium" rule is being abolished, in an attempt to open things up more without allowing so much that we get rampant problems. If they don't have a comic at all, they aren't allowed, but MANY characters have at least short series and such, so this should allow for some flexibility.

- A character bio should be provided for the character, especially when there are multiple versions of the character.

- Moderators reserve the right to close threads or not allow characters based on their personal disgression. These rules act as guidelines, but exceptions will occur and are necessary if we wish to maintain order and consistency.
Originally posted by DigiMark007
1. This should be handled in PMs with the appropriate mods

2. A psychotic amount of characters have had a comic or two, or a short series. When I was mod here, my rules were that the character either had to originate in comics or be primarily a comic character. Matrix characters, for example, fit neither of those criteria. The inverse of such thinking would be to allow pretty much every game, tv, and movie character that ever had a modicum of popularity. Genres aren't clearly defined lines, but they need to be drawn somewhere for forum purposes.

I obviously can't speak for Bada, Tron, and Pr, but that should cover most of what they'd tell you anyway.

Also, the rules cover this some. If people don't know, it's likely they never read them. Digi sums it up nicely. The Matrix, Star Wars, DBZ, etc all have their own forums.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.