Sonny (I, Robot) vs. The Terminator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DestinyGuy678
Both receive standard equpiment, Sonny is trying to kill Terminator - his conscience won't get in the way. Terminator receives standard equipment.

Fight in a machine junk yard

Rogue Jedi
Which Terminator? what is standard equipment?

Impediment
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

DestinyGuy678

The Terminator

standard equipment that is used in the other vs. section - it means they get the items they usually have equiped

Blax_Hydralisk
Sonny has the speed, versatility, and intelligence advantages.

I say he wins.

Rogue Jedi
WHICH TERMINATOR? Part one?

Blax_Hydralisk
Well he keeps saying "the Terminator, so if I were to guess it'd be the T-1000.

Sonny would beat him, but lose to the T-2000 and TX or whatever.

Rogue Jedi
What was Sonnys purpose? like his background?

dadudemon
What was Sonnys purpose? like his background?

Ahhh...his purpose was to sing with Cher. His background was a love of skiing and wicked awesome facial hair.

Guess what? "I got you babe."

Blax_Hydralisk
This is why the only way niggas get into college is through a sports scholarship.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Ahhh...his purpose was to sing with Cher. His background was a love of skiing and wicked awesome facial hair.

Guess what? "I got you babe." I mean what was his programming?

Strangelove
The NS-5's purpose is to make people's lives easier. Have you seen the movie?

I say Terminator just because he's meant for combat, search and destroy type stuff.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Strangelove
The NS-5's purpose is to make people's lives easier. Have you seen the movie?

I say Terminator just because he's meant for combat, search and destroy type stuff. Im pretty sure sonny is bullet proof though

Impediment
I'm assuming that we're referring to the T-800 series here.

The Terminator is a cybernetic organism designed for killing.

The NS-5 is a robot designed for leisurely home tasks and such.

The answer is blatantly clear.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

Guess what? "I got you babe."

That was actually humorous.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

The answer is blatantly clear.

While true, Sonny wasn't a garden variety NS-5 with standard programming. He was designed to be far more durable and he was able to take out several of the other NS-5's who were programmed to attack/kill at once.

Bardock42

The answer is blatantly clear. I don't think the first terminator has shown anything in agility, hardiness or strength that sonny and even the lesser Nestor 5 have shown.

Rogue Jedi
I am gonna youtube Sonny right now.

ragesRemorse

I say Terminator just because he's meant for combat, search and destroy type stuff.

There really is nothing else that needs to be said. The Terminators are pre programmed with war strategy and weapons awareness.

Besides, if i am not mistaken. I seem to remember the Robots in Irobot being fairly vulnerable. I don't know that Sonny could take the punishment that the T-800's are designed for. Even in the fist movie, the T-800 only showed one area of weakness. If Sonny gets in close, he is two pieces of a dead robot, but, i guess Sonny could just jump around an hurl shit at the Terminator. If it is a t-1000, Sonny has no chance. Also, standard equipment for a Terminator is a laser.

Impediment
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think the first terminator has shown anything in agility, hardiness or strength that sonny and even the lesser Nestor 5 have shown.

Are you shrooming, my Deutsch friend?

The original Terminator showed MAJOR prowess whilst stalking Sarah and Kyle in the first movie.

Bardock42

The original Terminator showed MAJOR prowess whilst stalking Sarah and Kyle in the first movie.

I 'spose. Still, wouldn't Sonny be a lot...lot...LOT faster?

Impediment
Faster? Yes.

More durable? I doubt it.

More ruthless? Hell, no.

IMO.

Bardock42
Faster? Yes.

More ruthless? Hell, no.

IMO.

I think the Ruthless thing was taking care of in the initial post. Sonny is really durable though and special among the Nestors.

Impediment
So the level of ruthlessness, in your opinion, is all in the initial programming?

Bardock42
So the level of ruthlessness, in your opinion, is all in the initial programming? Well, the latest programming. I meant that the thread starter specified that Sonny is going after the Terminator and his conscience won't get in the way.

Rogue Jedi
Faster? Yes.

More ruthless? Hell, no.

IMO. thumb up

Impediment
Well, the latest programming. I meant that the thread starter specified that Sonny is going after the Terminator and his conscience won't get in the way.

Hmmmm..........

Well, then I guess that Sonny would have the "front on attack" advantage, but, IMO, the Terminator would have far more durability in the long run.

Robtard

He couldn't run and was generally slow moving.

Impediment
Originally posted by Robtard
He couldn't run and was generally slow moving.

He still killed Kyle and, I might add, almost killed Sarah.

Rogue Jedi
He couldn't run and was generally slow moving. What about when he chased down Kyle and Sara when they were making the bar escape?

Robtard
Faster? Yes.

More ruthless? Hell, no.

IMO.

Sonny was able to withstand that force-field that cut metal and alloys in half.

Ruthless? They both destroyed their opponents.

Robtard
What about when he chased down Kyle and Sara when they were making the bar escape?

That didn't make any sense. They were running, he was walking, yet he kept up. It's like Jason and Mike Meyers, no matter how fast people run, they're always walking along right behind them.

It's been a whiel since i've seen Terminator, but I can't recall Arnold running.

Rogue Jedi
That didn't make any sense. They were running, he was walking, yet he kept up. It's like Jason and Mike Meyers, no matter how fast people run, they're always walking along right behind them.

It's been a whiel since i've seen Terminator, but I can't recall Arnold running. I meant when they were driving.

Robtard
I meant when they were driving.

So your basis for the Terminator being able to keep up with Sonny speed-wise in a fight is that he can drive? WTF?

Robtard
Start watching about about 9:03. Sonny clearly has the speed and agility advantage, and by a huge amount.

PEtBssdBtjw
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEtBssdBtjw

It continues in the next episode for more examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aac-O8H-Y3U&feature=related

Rogue Jedi
So your basis for the Terminator being able to keep up with Sonny speed-wise in a fight is that he can drive? WTF? no... laughing ...remember when Kyle rescued Sarah from Tech Noir? They are in an alley and backing away at a high speed, and the terminator runs them down and catches them.

Robtard
no... laughing ...remember when Kyle rescued Sarah from Tech Noir? They are in an alley and backing away at a high speed, and the terminator runs them down and catches them.

I don't, it's been some time since I've seen the flick.

Still, look at the link I provided, Sonny moves like a ****ing ninja on crank.

Blax_Hydralisk
It was even noted that Sonny's reflexes were so fast that he could dodge bullets/ throw people in front of the line of fire after the shot was fired. He is way faster then the terminator, incredibly strong, and intelligent. He's durable enough to fall literally around a thousand feet and be completely unharmed.

"Ruthlessness" is irrelevant in a fight between two robots.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
"Ruthlessness" is irrelevant in a fight between two robots. Not when one of them has a conscience (i.e. Sonny)

Bardock42
Not when one of them has a conscience (i.e. Sonny) True. Though irrelevant in this case.

Robtard
Not when he'd be battling another machine that was specifically built to "harm humans", would it interfere with his judgement.

Bardock42
Not when he'd be battling another machine that was specifically built to "harm humans", would it interfere with his judgement. Well, questionable. He might still hesitate.

Rogue Jedi
Not when he'd be battling another machine that was specifically built to "harm humans", would it interfere with his judgement. Hmmm.....good point.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
Both receive standard equpiment, Sonny is trying to kill Terminator - his conscience won't get in the way. Terminator receives standard equipment.

Fight in a machine junk yard
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Creasy
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
It was even noted that Sonny's reflexes were so fast that he could dodge bullets/ throw people in front of the line of fire after the shot was fired. He is way faster then the terminator, incredibly strong, and intelligent. He's durable enough to fall literally around a thousand feet and be completely unharmed.

"Ruthlessness" is irrelevant in a fight between two robots.

thumb up

Darth Martin
T-800 will beat the **** out of those robots. They were getting killed by like three low-calibre bullets. Terminators take those all day with no harm.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Martin
T-800 will beat the **** out of those robots. They were getting killed by like three low-calibre bullets. Terminators take those all day with no harm.

We are talking about Sonny though. Not the standard Model. If we were, I might agree.

DestinyGuy678
sonny is muuuuuuch faster though, plus he also seems to be the better fighter, he lso moves much smoother

Darth Martin
And............? He's still built the same way isn't he. He's just self consiouis and aware.

Bardock42
And............? He's still built the same way isn't he. He's just self consiouis and aware.

No, he is actually build more resistant. Also, creative which might be of advantage. He is shown to be incredibly fast as well.

Darth Martin
No, he is actually build more resistant. Also, creative which might be of advantage. He is shown to be incredibly fast as well. Not buying it, remember when Will Smith shot him as he was jumping out the window. The doc said he had sustained heavy injuries.

AngryManatee
No, he is actually build more resistant. Also, creative which might be of advantage. He is shown to be incredibly fast as well.

I recall Sonny sustaining an injury when they initially capture him for questioning. I don't remember whether it was from gunfire or not but it was still enough for them to capture him. You would practically have to dismantle a T-800 in order to capture it.

T-800 tanks him imo.

omgchos
Originally posted by AngryManatee
I recall Sonny sustaining an injury when they initially capture him for questioning. I don't remember whether it was from gunfire or not but it was still enough for them to capture him. You would practically have to dismantle a T-800 in order to capture it.

T-800 tanks him imo.
A T-800 is much slower than sonny. And when he was injured he wasn't down and out, he managed to still land 100 stories down, without hurting himself, and make it to the factory. The T-800 is a bit more durable. But sonny could easily out maneuver him and get at his vital parts, while arnold might get lucky and grab him. So i honestly don't know which way this fight would go.

Darth Martin
Still don't like the fact that these things are injured by 9mm rounds.

AngryManatee
Still don't like the fact that these things are injured by 9mm rounds.

Exactly, and isn't standard T-800 weaponry a phased plasma rifle?

KingD19
How do you think Terminator would have done up against that force field?

dadudemon
Sonny wins the threads, hand down.

Sonny wins with his arms tied behind his back.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by KingD19
How do you think Terminator would have done up against that force field?

How do you think Sonny would've done if he had molten metal poured on him?

NemeBro
At the beginning of the fight, Sonny rushes the Terminator, disarms him of his rifle easily using superior speed, reflexes, and strength, and blasts him to pieces with it.

Or just crushes the gun and beats on him for a while until the Terminator cannot move.

KingD19
Better than the Terminator for a while, then the same thing would have happened.

AngryManatee
I doubt that considering Sonny took what was described as significant damage from a handgun when the t-800 took a couple grenade shots without any noticeable effect on its abilities.

WO Polaski
and what difference does that make considering he can dodge bullets? The only time he's ever been hit in the movie was when he was in mid-air and couldn't move.

besides whoever said that lied. he was in midair, THEN he fell the multiple hundreds of feet and hit the ground without any damage at all then SPRINTED several blocks all of this with the gunshot wound.

so meh t-800 is simply too slow to defeat Sonny.

Mindset
Sonny wont be able to put Terminator down.

And Sonny probably dodges the aim of the shooter, not the actual bullet.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Mindset
Sonny wont be able to put Terminator down.

And Sonny probably dodges the aim of the shooter, not the actual bullet. T-800s can be put down by brute force, which Sonny has in spades.

Mindset
Originally posted by NemeBro
T-800s can be put down by brute force, which Sonny has in spades. Sonny does not have enough strength to put Terminator down.

omgchos
He may not have the durability. But he has enough strength and speed to hurt the terminator. He just needs to avoid his attacks and slowly wear him down.

Smeagan
firsly the 800 has no vital parts to attack. bullets just ping off the 800's while three can kill an NS5. yes sonny is faster but this isn't the 100 metre sprint. terminator is way more strong than sonny. if sonny were to get near to the 800 then it would just gran sonny and snap his 'neck', game over.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Smeagan
firsly the 800 has no vital parts to attack. bullets just ping off the 800's while three can kill an NS5. yes sonny is faster but this isn't the 100 metre sprint. terminator is way more strong than sonny. if sonny were to get near to the 800 then it would just gran sonny and snap his 'neck', game over. QFT. Especially this bit: Originally posted by Smeagan
bullets just ping off the 800's while three can kill an NS5. thumb up

gobstakid777
ns5's were getting blown away by machine guns.any version of terminator will own him

Darth Martin
Except the T-600's.

gobstakid777
Except the T-600's.
i'm sure their not talkin bout that one.ohh.just came up w/ a thread idea!!

Darth Martin
You said any Terminator version. I simply countered your statement.

gobstakid777
You said any Terminator version. I simply countered your statement.
i see.
well played sir

golem370
Sonny had the strength to toss a man the size of Will Smith 20 feet he rip open a garage door with its bare hands. Sonny would snap T-800 neck cutting the circuts. Also a least powerful NS-5 pushed a car maybe 20 feet when it was on its side pretty power strength feat.

Darth Martin
Yet they are dismantled by a couple of pistol caliber bullets. T-800's takke grenades without crying.

Ms.Marvel
a t-800 was destroyed by a grenade.

t-800 is too slow to hurt Sonny whereas sony is fast enough to dance around him and hit him until he breaks him.

Darth Martin
T-800 I'm referring to is the one from Terminator Salvation.

gobstakid777
yea.that t-800 really should have killed connor with ease instead of using massive amounts of PIS.that terminator was really indestructible

Ms.Marvel

it was still destroyed. and it was still completely unable to keep up with Bale's speed hence why Bale kept escaping. sonny is as smart as a human and much much faster then a human almost bullet speed. the t800 simply isnt ever hitting him.

Robtard
'Ever', is correct.

gobstakid777
the terminator will beast on sonny.what's sonny gonna do, throw chairs at him.soon as sonny goes down to hit him,temrinator grabs his arm and ,as he man said in that episode of robot chicken,gives him a good skullf#^king.terminator wins in any scenario.and btw,the terminator would survive the forcefield thing easily

golem370
Like I said he would snap the head ripping the circuts or simply rip its head off.

HumanMovieGuide
The Model 101 aka Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator would maul Sonny.

Terminators vs humans are always the humans run for their lives against the Terminators as the Ts kills huge masses of people trying to stop them. See what a random Terminator can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI42TeuwlMw

Keep in mind the people it's fighting have laser guns too. While Will Smith vs Sonny was the exact opposite. Sonny ran for his life against Will Smith. And then Will fought off dozens of NS5s at the same time.

I doubt Will Smith could do the same against Skynet's forces.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.