Crom vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins?

Crom- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/crom.htm

vs

Odin- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odin_%28Marvel_Comics%29

llagrok
Link dead.

Face Crom now!

golem370
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/crom.htm

vs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odin_%28Marvel_Comics%29

golem370
So I take you believe Crom will win?

llagrok
He comes off as pretty powerful, yeah.

Utrigita
Crom most likely

the Darkone
Odin splits him in two, Odin is by far more powerful than Crom. Odin is top Skyfahter, bottom line.

guy222
Odin is, friend

Crom just barely

Sundipped
Crom 1 shot imprisoned Shuma Gorath. He can take Odin.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Sundipped
Crom 1 shot imprisoned Shuma Gorath. He can take Odin.

Yep Crom wins.

Endless Mike
Crom seems above Skyfather to me

skygunner41
Arnold with a beard FTW

leonidas
hmmm . . .

Prep-Man
Crom.

Hyperion Prime
Crom is greater than Odin. He beats them constantly and does it looking good!!!!

leonidas
anyone have feats for crom, aside from burying shuma gorath?

BruceSkywalker
can someone find some feats for Crom, because I think Odin takes this

Ouallada
The Shuma Gorath incidents need to be taken with a slight pinch of salt. There are several reasons for this. Firstly, when entities like Dormammu or Shuma manifest on this realm, they are weakened, of course. That is in addition to the fact that there is absolutely no evidence that a banishment or confinement requires one to be above Shuma (the fraction that is manifested) in power, the same reason why Dormammu gets banished by Strange, even though I reckon even his earthly avatar is above Strange.

The other main reason is that Shuma had been around for a long, long time before Crom sealed him off the first time. Crom would by situation already have something amounting to one-sided prep when his books bound Shuma to that mountain. That, once again, isn't the same as overpowering Shuma. Dimensional entities like Shuma traditionally have their anchor onto our realm as their only weakness, and exploiting that weakness doesn't put Crom anywhere near Shuma in power.

The last reason with regards to SHuma and Crom is a bit of a spinoff, but dimensional entities have proven to be extremely powerful in battle when their anchoring weakness is not exploited. I've mentioned Odin struggling to stalemate Dormammu's manifestation on the other thread, and this is the same Odin that has access to all the feats we already know of.

Besides Shuma, Crom has indirectly killed a bunch of Hyborians. It isn't enough to place him above Odin.

Knowsbleed33
In a What If he shut Mjolnir off with ease.

Crom wins.

Ouallada
What Ifs aren't canon in any case. I wouldn't necessarily put an average Mephisto above an average Odin either, but he's done even better against Mjolnir in continuity. Overcoming Mjolnir's enchantments =/= being above Odin by any stretch of the imagination.

Knowsbleed33
I know it's not canon but It's obvious that particular writer wanted to demonstrate how powerful Crom is compared to asgardian skyfathers.

I think in his prime Crom was more powerful than Odin.

Hyperion Prime
Zeus VS Crom.....crom wins against him too!!!

srankmissingnin
He didn't have many appearances but Crom seemed more powerful than the other Skyfathers / Godheads, hell he even revered to himself as an Elder God.

Colossus-Big C
Yea Crom is indeed an Elder God

leonidas
still an intertesting thread.....

zopzop
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Yea Crom is indeed an Elder God

Not exactly Big C. Crom isn't an Elder God because he wasn't around when the Demiurge created them.

He came much later, before the current crop of Gods to be sure, but MUCH MUCH later than the true Elder Gods. He was one of the "big four" worshiped during the Hyborian Era (40,000-10,000 BCE) though. Set (true Elder), Mitra, Crom, and Asura.

Oh and Odin wins, unless we see some nice fights/feats from Crom.

Endless Mike
Done before, I still say Crom

Uriel005
Still think Crom sitting in his mountain would smack Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.