lost Amazon tribe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I read about this the other day; it's a fascinating story, and there are some wonderfully mysterious photos that you can see here.

It goes without saying that they should be left alone. Their reality is their real world, just as mine is mine, and yours is yours.

Symmetric Chaos
They way they live is primitive and wrong. Slaughter is mercy.

Devil King
But, they are being left alone because this world is treating them like fish in a bowl. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be allowed to exist as they are, but I'm sure there's a Pocahontas type among them. That's only human. I'm not sure the Trek idea of a Prime Directive applies to our own planet. But, I would love to find out how their completely independant notion of religion has evolved. Are they idiots for not being in a position to know about christ, or have they concocted their own version of the mythology?

King Kandy

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Devil King
But, they are being left alone because this world is treating them like fish in a bowl. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be allowed to exist as they are, but I'm sure there's a Pocahontas type among them. That's only human. I'm not sure the Trek idea of a Prime Directive applies to our own planet. But, I would love to find out how their completely independant notion of religion has evolved. Are they idiots for not being in a position to know about christ, or have they concocted their own version of the mythology?

Actually, I'm with Star Trek on this one. As soon as some mothballed anthropologist goes snooping around everything will go all Milton for them.

Devil King
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Actually, I'm with Star Trek on this one. As soon as some mothballed anthropologist goes snooping around everything will go all Milton for them.

So, the question at moment is "why are they still shooting arrows at airplanes if evolution is a valid argument?".

Schecter
awwww they look like angry little m&m's.

Devil King
Originally posted by Schecter
awwww they look like angry little m&m's.

dont eat the blue ones; they make you gay.

KidRock
We should bring democracy to them.

A big crushing helping of it.

Schecter
i bet they could still whoop your ass in an i.q. test.

KidRock
i bet they could still whoop your ass in an i.q. test.

Well considering you're a blubbering idiot..the smart money wouldn't be on your bet.

Devil King
Originally posted by KidRock
We should bring democracy to them.

A big crushing helping of it.

I always love it when you make light of the very rhetoric to which you cling, so ernestly. You're willing to laugh at it or interpret it as propoganda, as long as it doesn't honestly apply to your perspective. These people don't need democracy, any more than did the Iraqis; especially since they didn't ask for it. Sorry, but there is no way to claim the idiocy of your own party as some victory.

KidRock
I always love it when you make light of the very rhetoric to which you cling, so ernestly. You're willing to laugh at it or interpret it as propoganda, as long as it doesn't honestly apply to your perspective. These people don't need democracy, any more than did the Iraqis; especially since they didn't ask for it. Sorry, but there is no way to claim the idiocy of your own party as some victory.

I always love it when people get so serious over something such as a joke, it makes me smile with glee. I guess you're dumb enough to believe I actually meant yes lets attack this random tribe. I will try to be a bit more clear for you next time, perhaps I will use a crayon and draw you a picture?

Unless they have oil..in which case DEMOCRACY FOR ALL!

Devil King
Originally posted by KidRock
I always love it when people get so serious over something such as a joke, it makes me smile with glee. I guess you're dumb enough to believe I actually meant yes lets attack this random tribe. I will try to be a bit more clear for you next time, perhaps I will use a crayon and draw you a picture?

Unless they have oil..in which case DEMOCRACY FOR ALL!

Oh yeah, I believe even you're ignorant enough to attack a tribe that has nothing but their body paint and their grass huts. But, had I addressed your comments on the tribe over your political rhetoric, then you might have a point.

Jovan
Originally posted by King Kandy
Read "Guns, Germs, and Steel."
**** no!
that's one piece of eurocentric, faulty, inconsistent, simplified, cultur-less loss of pages! Besides all of that, he already starts from the idea there is an ultimate cause; not difficult he finds one then!

Btw, if people want to know the book, they should just play Age of Empires... food gives more people, people give specialization, specialization gives in the end guns & steel + domestication of animals (resistance to germs). The entire W-E/N-S axis crap is terribly wrong anyway

Ya Krunk'd Floo
So, the question at moment is "why are they still shooting arrows at airplanes if evolution is a valid argument?".

I guess the obvious explanation is that their culture is insular.

Schecter
...and that they still managto construct bows, arrows, shelter, probably worship invisible people...etc

Ya Krunk'd Floo
When you say "etc", do you mean things like barbecue?

I bet they barbecue. They look like they'd make a mean barbecue.

Deano
i envy them.

how come there are never any white tribes? sorry to sound ignorant

Schecter
When you say "etc", do you mean things like barbecue?

I bet they barbecue. They look like they'd make a mean barbecue.

ok, they probably make fire too...for which to barbeque.

Bicnarok

Devil King
I guess the obvious explanation is that their culture is insular.

But it isn't, really. If the entire world were at their level, there wouldn't be jeeps with men carrying machine guns to keep them isolated. It's like an M. Night Shamalalalan movie. They're only isolated because some well-intentioned do-gooder is keeping them isolated. On top of the fact that they're moving about because their home is being devestated by deforestation. So, they've had exposure to the outside world, they've simply rejected it because it's different from what they know. I mean, they're shooting arrows at an airplane for christ's sake. And the well-meant intentions of the people keeping them isolated are practically moot if they aren't also stopping the destruction of their homes by various industry.

Bicnarok
I mean, they're shooting arrows at an airplane for christ's sake. And the well-meant intentions of the people keeping them isolated are practically moot if they aren't also stopping the destruction of their homes by various industry.

Spot on.

Symmetric Chaos
And the well-meant intentions of the people keeping them isolated are practically moot if they aren't also stopping the destruction of their homes by various industry.

People are trying to do that.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Jovan
**** no!
that's one piece of eurocentric, faulty, inconsistent, simplified, cultur-less loss of pages! Besides all of that, he already starts from the idea there is an ultimate cause; not difficult he finds one then!

Btw, if people want to know the book, they should just play Age of Empires... food gives more people, people give specialization, specialization gives in the end guns & steel + domestication of animals (resistance to germs). The entire W-E/N-S axis crap is terribly wrong anyway

Eurocentric? Nonsense.

And just calling his claims crap doesn't make them so, especially when they are well founded. What the heck is wrong with his axis argument? Similarity of climate is obviously an aid to the spread of civilisation.

There are plenty of details about his work that can be argued, but I think it is almost impossible to contest the idea that environmental factors explain why some cultures never developed. The only other possible answers are dumb luck and natural racial superiority, neither of which make any sense from a rational viewpoint.

Devil King
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
People are trying to do that.

I have no doubt. But time is a pretty crucial element of the process. It should have been done effectively when the descision to protect them from outside influence was originally made. I also have no doubt that backroom, closed-door deals entered the equation, allowing these companies to mine the jungle.

Grinning Goku

Deano
White people come from mars.

This is proven when the people are placed in sensorary deprevation for a few weeks. The circadian rhythms of white people revert to the length of a day on mars, why all the other human races of the earth stay on 24 hour cycles.

Schecter
Originally posted by Deano
White people come from mars.

This is proven when the people are placed in sensorary deprevation for a few weeks. The circadian rhythms of white people revert to the length of a day on mars, why all the other human races of the earth stay on 24 hour cycles.

translation: *fart*

Deano
What other explanation is there sir?

KidRock
The internet..is a series of tubes.

Jovan
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Eurocentric? Nonsense.

And just calling his claims crap doesn't make them so, especially when they are well founded. What the heck is wrong with his axis argument? Similarity of climate is obviously an aid to the spread of civilisation.

There are plenty of details about his work that can be argued, but I think it is almost impossible to contest the idea that environmental factors explain why some cultures never developed. The only other possible answers are dumb luck and natural racial superiority, neither of which make any sense from a rational viewpoint.

I don't disagree with axis and environment. His dismissal of African axis is wrong and his W-E axis is pushing it too

Grand_Moff_Gav

Fair point,

Dispatch the Inquisitors and bring civility to these heathens!

Devil King
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Fair point,

Dispatch the Inquisitors and bring civility to these heathens!

I never said they were uncivilised.

Bicnarok
They are probably more civilised than the developed world.
Probably help each other, work together for the mutual well being.

Another interesting question is the gene pool, I was under the impression that if the gene pool was limited you tend to get unhealthy, disbaled children being born, inbreeding really. Is this a myth then if this small isolated tribe has survived so long?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
But it isn't, really. If the entire world were at their level, there wouldn't be jeeps with men carrying machine guns to keep them isolated. It's like an M. Night Shamalalalan movie. They're only isolated because some well-intentioned do-gooder is keeping them isolated. On top of the fact that they're moving about because their home is being devestated by deforestation. So, they've had exposure to the outside world, they've simply rejected it because it's different from what they know. I mean, they're shooting arrows at an airplane for christ's sake. And the well-meant intentions of the people keeping them isolated are practically moot if they aren't also stopping the destruction of their homes by various industry.

Yeah, like I said, they're insular.

PS. Is Deano really trying to say we're Martian-hybrids?

Jovan
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Another interesting question is the gene pool, I was under the impression that if the gene pool was limited you tend to get unhealthy, disbaled children being born, inbreeding really. Is this a myth then if this small isolated tribe has survived so long?
yes, I was wondering too... there should be more than?

Robtard
I don't disagree with axis and environment. His dismissal of African axis is wrong and his W-E axis is pushing it too

So you don't disagree, yet you disagree, odd. Diamond's threory is sound. W-E, allows for food types to grow across long distances, N-S doesn't, generally speaking. What do you propose, that the lower continent Africans were just too stupid, or?

Africa is longer (especially in the lower part of the continent) N-S, than it is W-E, just like S. America.

Robtard

I asked JIA that very same question once, would someone that never had a chance to accept or deny Jesus, like these people, go to heaven or hell.

They most likely have some sort of religion though, probably based on nature concepts.

Robtard
What other explanation is there sir?

Then why can Martian white people breed with the Earth natives?

botankus
I'm suddenly in the mood to fire up Cannibal Holocaust.

Robtard
Sweet, I'll bring the beer and undercooked meat.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard

laughing no expression We can?

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing no expression We can?

Yes.

Deano
Yeah, like I said, they're insular.

PS. Is Deano really trying to say we're Martian-hybrids?

of course we are. no creature of earth would hurt the planet.

Shakyamunison
Yes.

I should go out and try. laughing out loud

Grand_Moff_Gav
I never said they were uncivilised.

If they're not Christian, the are by default uncivilized.

Devil King
If they're not Christian, the are by default uncivilized.

Well, then it sounds like the best way to civilize them is to bring them the social poison of christianity.

Robtard
Well, then it sounds like the best way to civilize them is to bring them the social poison of christianity.

Just give them blankets laden with smallpox, if they survive, it's because God wanted them too.

Deano

ask the annunaki

Devil King
ask the annunaki

Are you saying you don't know?

Grand_Moff_Gav

Exactly
Just give them blankets laden with smallpox, if they survive, it's because God wanted them too.
Now your getting it.

Devil King
Says the man with the Jesus mosaic in his signature, right?

Grand_Moff_Gav

Am I being to flippant with my faith for you?

Robtard
ask the annunaki

Like the Summerian god Marduk?

How do I ask, does he have a 1-800 number?

Devil King
Am I being to flippant with my faith for you?

Not at all. I'm fine with you mocking your own deeply held beliefs. You're being flippant with it for you.

WrathfulDwarf
Those people aren't civilize!

Where is the local Starbucks? Or the nearest Mc Donalds? Heck! I don't even see them carry any iPods or even wearing any new Nike shoes. I betcha they don't even have mortgages in those huts. Those people are boring.

Robtard

That's actually the Sun God Appollo, shssh.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Not at all. I'm fine with you mocking your own deeply held beliefs. You're being flippant with it for you.

Indeed, though maybe mocking the actions of the missionaries to South America isnt too bad...

Devil King
Indeed, though maybe mocking the actions of the missionaries to South America isnt too bad...

Well, their faith motivated them to go there and spread their nonsense. But, as it is, even the missionaries are kept out of the tribe's little fish bowl corner of the world.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, their faith motivated them to go there and spread their nonsense. But, as it is, even the missionaries are kept out of the tribe's little fish bowl corner of the world.

Indeed...their faith motivated their actions...thus the faith and all people who share it are in some way guilty?

Ushgarak

Why? Obviously there are some exceptions but what is wrong with the general principle? It is actually true that climates on an east-west axis tend to be similar and on north-south tend to differ. That's hardly obscure- we know at the poles it is cold and at the equator it is hot, and we know the climate from continent to continent is broadly similar from east to west or vice versa.

From there he raises the idea that a wide continent is going to give a greater opportunity for lifeforms to spread than a tall one because the environment will be friendlier, and that this was the starting point of Eurasian progress.

Can you actually dispute that?

Devil King

It's pretty much every sun god that came before him, as well.

Grand_Moff_Gav
It's pretty much every sun god that came before him, as well.

Indeed.

Devil King
Indeed...their faith motivated their actions...thus the faith and all people who share it are in some way guilty?

No, them much more so, because they are the ones forcing their religion on others. And it should amaze no one that the spread of christianity is at it's peak in the poor nations of the world. They're using their faith as a bartering tool when handing out medicine and food. "You can have the ham sandwich, but you've got to listen to this story about Jesus." "You can have the anti-biotic, but let me tell you what Moses did while I'm administering it." But, it's much more preferable to their old methods of spreading it at the end of a sword or gun.

Devil King
Indeed.

Because they're all made up super beings, right?

Grand_Moff_Gav
No, them much more so, because they are the ones forcing their religion on others. And it should amaze no one that the spread of christianity is at it's peak in the poor nations of the world, because they're using their faith as a bartering tool when handing out medicine and food. "You can have the ham sandwich, but you've got to listen to this story about Jesus." "You can have the anti-biotic, but let me tell you what Moses did while I'm administering it."

Better than nothing at all though isn't it?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Because they're all made up super beings, right?

Indeed.

Devil King
Better than nothing at all though isn't it?

As a friend of mine once said to me, being a good person for the sake of being a good person is a virtue, to be a good person to further your own agenda makes you a selfish bastard.

Actually, it was Adam_PoE and I think he was saying of me, not just to me.

Grand_Moff_Gav
As a friend of mine once said to me, being a good person for the sake of being a good person is a virtue, to be a good person to further your own agenda makes you a selfish bastard.

Actually, it was Adam_PoE and I think he was saying of me, not just to me.

Well, I imagine the Christian missionary sees spreading his faith as a better gift than the food...

Robtard
Tell that to the starving third-world mother with 3 kids that has little or no food or shelter to speak of, but she has a pamphlet with a picture of Jesus and some inspirational verse written on the backside.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Tell that to the starving third-world mother with 3 kids that has little or no food or shelter to speak of, but she has a pamphlet with a picture of Jesus and some inspirational verse written on the backside.

I don't see how that changes what the Christian missionary thinks is the best gift he can give to such a person....

Robtard
If they truly thought believing in Jesus is better than food, shelter, shoes, iPods and fancy coffee, they'd give up all their earthly goods and trade places.

Grand_Moff_Gav
If they truly thought believing in Jesus is better than food, shelter, shoes, iPods and fancy coffee, they'd give up all their earthly goods and trade places.

Are you saying they are not sincere in their belief in Jesus and that they think spreading his gospel is helpful?

Devil King

Kindling is kindling

Give a man a fish and he'll do what ever you tell him. Teach a man to fish for himself and he won't come back.

Robtard
Are you saying they are not sincere in their belief in Jesus and that they think spreading his gospel is helpful?

I'm saying, or rather extrapolating on what DK said, they are being helpful to these people not because they think "it's just the right thing to do as a person", they're doing it for their own (selfish) reasons. I.E. to spread their beliefs, and they know the starving and dying are more susceptible to convert, especially if you have (food and meds) what they need, than some guy in New York with the $320k job.

Answer me this, would it be so hard for them to hand out food and meds and not speak of Jesus or handout Bibles?

Edit: This last Friday, I gave a homeless lady (at least I thought she was female) in San Francisco some money, I didn't once mention my religious beliefs to her.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I'm saying, or rather extrapolating on what DK said, they are being helpful to these people not because they think "it's just the right thing to do as a person", they're doing it for their own (selfish) reasons. I.E. to spread their beliefs, and they know the starving and dying are more susceptible to convert, especially if you have (food and meds) what they need, than some guy in New York with the $320k job.

Answer me this, would it be so hard for them to hand out food and meds and not speak of Jesus or handout Bibles?

Edit: This last Friday, I gave a homeless lady (at least I thought she was female) in San Francisco some money, I didn't once mention my religious beliefs to her.

See, your point makes no sense.

To the some Christians- not you- bringing people to believe in Christ is a far better gift than any medicine or money they can give them. Thus, they are not acting selfishly as you state- I'm not sure how many Christian Missionary's you know...For a Christian to not try and spread the gospel just to that people like you can feel better about their works would be more selfish, in their eyes.

dadudemon
I asked JIA that very same question once, would someone that never had a chance to accept or deny Jesus, like these people, go to heaven or hell.

A good person wouldn't go to hell...not by a long shot. wink

Robtard
See, your point makes no sense.

To the some Christians- not you- bringing people to believe in Christ is a far better gift than any medicine or money they can give them. Thus, they are not acting selfishly as you state- I'm not sure how many Christian Missionary's you know...For a Christian to not try and spread the gospel just to that people like you can feel better about their works would be more selfish, in their eyes.

I've no doubt they believe that, but in reality, using someones stare of destitution as a fulcrum to inject your own views on them is selfish.

Why can't they just give the poor and sick beggar the sandwich, why does the pamphlet have to go along?

Grand_Moff_Gav
I've no doubt they believe that, but in reality, using someones stare of destitution as a fulcrum to inject your own views on them is selfish.

Why can't they just give the poor and sick beggar the sandwich, why does the pamphlet have to go along?

Why should they miss the opportunity for what they believe is saving someones soul?

Schecter

indeed. why would a true christian need incentive to be charitable?

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
A good person wouldn't go to hell...not by a long shot. wink

John 3:16 (among others) disagrees, but that's for a different thread.

Grand_Moff_Gav
indeed. why would a true christian need incentive to be charitable?

Whats their incentive?

Schecter
Why should they miss the opportunity for what they believe is saving someones soul?

what a nice way to describe the manipulation of desperate people of faith. im sure if jews or muslems or maybe hindus visited christian katrina victims and tried converting them you would be just as open minded and supportive.

inimalist

Don't take this the wrong way, as I am not making a point against missionaries or against Christianity or its followers. However, this was on a radio station which represents an at least vocal and modestly numbered group of missionaries.

They were sending people to Africa to feed and take care of Africans, which is great.

They were showing Africans Mel Gibson's "Passion of the Christ"

So, here is my point. It's not about the violence, or the antisemitism, or the inaccuracies (if any), or even about the fact that they are trying to convert people. It is that this is a modern Hollywood special effect blockbuster film, costing millions in production. This is the equivalent of having an F-16 during the conquest of North and South America.

People aren't going to have the experience with media to be able to disassociate reality from fiction. The hyper-realism of the film is something their cognition will not be able to understand as "reality created by people in a studio". Its similar to why advertising is so effective on children.

This isn't a remark about anything biological or racist, but about development and experience. In the absence of any media, it is impossible to be sensitized to the extreme emotional content of modern film. Preach, convert, whatever. Give people their free will though.

inimalist
Whats their incentive?

what about that whole "don't pray in public" thing?

Robtard

You bring up a good point about opportunity, and that's what it is, an opportunity to inject views, the helping is just garnish or a side-effect.

Why not just give the disease infested starving legless Indian beggar the sandwich and let him find Jesus by himself, if he so wishes?

Grand_Moff_Gav
what a nice way to describe the manipulation of desperate people of faith. im sure if jews or muslems or maybe hindus visited christian katrina victims and tried converting them you would be just as open minded and supportive.

Indeed I would be...

Originally posted by inimalist
Don't take this the wrong way, as I am not making a point against missionaries or against Christianity or its followers. However, this was on a radio station which represents an at least vocal and modestly numbered group of missionaries.

They were sending people to Africa to feed and take care of Africans, which is great.

They were showing Africans Mel Gibson's "Passion of the Christ"

So, here is my point. It's not about the violence, or the antisemitism, or the inaccuracies (if any), or even about the fact that they are trying to convert people. It is that this is a modern Hollywood special effect blockbuster film, costing millions in production. This is the equivalent of having an F-16 during the conquest of North and South America.

People aren't going to have the experience with media to be able to disassociate reality from fiction. The hyper-realism of the film is something their cognition will not be able to understand as "reality created by people in a studio". Its similar to why advertising is so effective on children.

This isn't a remark about anything biological or racist, but about development and experience. In the absence of any media, it is impossible to be sensitized to the extreme emotional content of modern film. Preach, convert, whatever. Give people their free will though.

I don't think I've ever stated I support their methods or indeed the fact they do it at all. Im just pointing out that there is nothing wrong in their eyes with what they do. Personally, when I give advice to my friends, which i do quite a lot, i never ever ever refer to religion...indeed, even though im Catholic I don't tell people they should abstain from sex and condoms and I have had plenty of opportunity to do so.

However, just because I don't think that you should always include your personal religious beliefs when "helping" people doesn't mean that Christians who do preach the gospel are being selfish or manipulative...they are doing what they honestly believe is best...

Schecter
Indeed I would be...

im sure you would.

Grand_Moff_Gav
im sure you would.

I would respect that they believe they are doing the best thing...yes its common sense.

Schecter
I would respect that they believe they are doing the best thing...yes its common sense.

yeah, but i was being rhetorical, so i wasnt really demanding an answer.
however since you did answer ill just call BS and leave it at that. personally i would be pissed to know of any scenario where people of one faith are helped in a time of desperate need while those who hand them food are also attempting to convert them. its disrespectful and just downright disgusting.

Grand_Moff_Gav
yeah, but i was being rhetorical, so i wasnt really demanding an answer.
however since you did answer ill just call BS and leave it at that. personally i would be pissed to know of any scenario where people of one faith are helped in a time of desperate need while those who hand them food are also attempting to convert them. its disrespectful and just downright disgusting.

That may be so, but it doesn't detract from the fact that the people who are "attempting to convert them" believe they are doing the best thing possible.

Schecter
That may be so, but it doesn't detract from the fact that the people who are "attempting to convert them" believe they are doing the best thing possible.

you seem to thing that's some cure-all justification, yet
most evil in the world is committed under the same premise.

Grand_Moff_Gav
you seem to thing that's some cure-all justification, yet
most evil in the world is committed under the same premise.

See, this is the problem.

I am not justifying what they do. I am not even attempting to justify what they do...my point was they believe that is the greatest good and that is why they try to preach as part of their missionary work.

Schecter

Indeed I would be...

I am not justifying what they do. I am not even attempting to justify what they do.

how can you support something without feeling it is justified?

Grand_Moff_Gav
I meant, that I would understand that they believed they were doing the best possible thing.

I apologise for that mistake.

Schecter
well thanks but only clarification was needed

Grand_Moff_Gav
well thanks but only clarification was needed

Thats fine.

red g jacks
Edit: This last Friday, I gave a homeless lady (at least I thought she was female) in San Francisco some money, I didn't once mention my religious beliefs to her. why give her money, cut out the middle man and just give her crack

Robtard
Why are you assuming she was black?

red g jacks
woops

i meant to say crack/crystal meth

how non-pc of me

dadudemon
John 3:16 (among others) disagrees, but that's for a different thread.

Actually, John 3:16 agrees with me. My post was very concise and to the point.

You're right, this isn't the place. My bad for continuing it by responding to your post twice now. If you'd like, you can quote me and say "I posted this here:..." and put a link to the thread your reply is in.

Schecter
yeah! haha!! be a tool and say "i actually said this" and post a link proving that you actually said it. facts are for chumps.

Robtard
Actually, John 3:16 agrees with me. My post was very concise and to the point.

You're right, this isn't the place. My bad for continuing it by responding to your post twice now. If you'd like, you can quote me and say "I posted this here:..." and put a link to the thread your reply is in.

Not sure which translation you're reading, but the Hebrew translates to something like these:

"For in this way God loved the world: that he gave the unique son, so that all the ones trusting in him would not perish, but have eternal life."

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

It doesn't say anything about "people go to heaven for just being good", in fact, a cornerstone of Christianity is that you must accept Jesus as your personal savior to enter heaven, since he died for your sins and all that jazz.

So yeah, you're wrong.

Quiero Mota

It doesn't say anything about "people go to heaven for just being good", in fact, a cornerstone of Christianity is that you must accept Jesus as your personal savior to enter heaven, since he died for your sins and all that jazz.

Then you have to define "good", which is a whole 'nother ballgame.

dadudemon
yeah! haha!! be a tool and say "i actually said this" and post a link proving that you actually said it. facts are for chumps.

You totally took what I said out of context. Allow me to show you what I meant AND how you are a tool. erm

Robtard, I posted my reply ("this", Schecter. wink ) here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10632355&highlight=userid%3A66591#post10632355

Edit- Robtard, why did you post your reply in here? You and I both agreed that this was not the proper place to have this discussion.

Robtard
There, I responded in your thread of choice, as usual, you took it upon yourself to interject your own personal Mormon views when I was referring to mainstream Christianity, chimp.

Also, you calling Schecter, me or anyone else stupid is hilarious, though not as hilarious as when JacopeX does it, you come in a close second. Hey, silver ain't bad.

Edit: Because I didn't feel like moving it somewhere else, call it lazy. You moving it to the Mormon thread was stupid. What's next, we'll have a topic about the Four Noble Truths and you'll interject that Jesus-God and the Devil are actually brothers according to Mormonist views?

Quiero Mota
I wouldn't liken him to JacopeX. He's not that stupid, not even close.

Robtard
I gave JacopeX the gold.

Edit: Maybe it was hasty, I'm remembering some of things JacopeX has said. Bronze then?

Schecter
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I wouldn't liken him to JacopeX. He's not that stupid, not even close.

jacopex has the excuse of being a child.

(technically, since he likely wont be getting any smarter....but still a valid point)

dadudemon
There, I responded in your thread of choice, as usual, you took it upon yourself to interject your own personal Mormon views when I was referring to mainstream Christianity, chimp.

Also, you calling Schecter, me or anyone else stupid is hilarious, though not as hilarious as when JacopeX does it, you come in a close second. Hey, silver ain't bad.

See my response here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10633424&highlight=userid%3A66591#post10633424

Edit: Because I didn't feel like moving it somewhere else, call it lazy. You moving it to the Mormon thread was stupid. What's next, we'll have a topic about the Four Noble Truths and you'll interject that Jesus-God and the Devil are actually brothers according to Mormonist views?

You must think I'm stupid. (duh) Obviously, you continue, improperly, in this thread because you want to show off to your "buddies" and for the ego trip. You may also be thinking that the readers in this thread won't go to the Mormonism thread and are going to miss out on your "ownage". Get over yourself and follow the rules, chimp.

Edit-You guys act like calling me "JacopeX" is some sort of huge insult. You guys are a bunch of doo doo faces. stick out tongue THERE! HA!

Robtard
And once again, I wasn't talking about Mormonism, but mainstream Christianity, more two the point, one of it's cornerstones, you dunce.

I also responded in kind in the Mormon thread, which again, has/had nothing to do with the original debate, baboon.

Edit: If it makes you feel better, you "ownaged" me with yet another of your clearly laid traps. This time, you brought up something comepletely different that what was being discussed to "pwn" me, good show. Can I expect another of your "BHDFGHUJDADASDDAA" acronym "pwns" next?

dadudemon
And once again, I wasn't talking about Mormonism, but mainstream Christianity, more two the point, one of it's cornerstones, you dunce.

Doesn't matter. You argued that it disagreed with me, it didn't. Cut, dry, pooped, and peed. Go eat some lunch.

LOL, you typed "two".

What an idiot! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

LOOOSER!!!!

What a doody-head.

I also responded in kind in the Mormon thread, which again, has/had nothing to do with the original debate, baboon.

How YOU doin'. naughty

Edit: If it makes you feel better, you "ownaged" me with yet another of your clearly laid traps. This time, you brought up something comepletely different that what was being discussed to "pwn" me, good show. Can I expect another of your "BHDFGHUJDADASDDAA" acronym "pwns" next?

You're so cute.

Just relax, take your meds. wink

Robtard
If you're going to point the finger at someone for making grammatical or spelling errors, it's best not to make them yourself, especially in the same post. It not only makes one look like an idiot, but also a hypocrite.

dadudemon
If you're going to point the finger at someone for making grammatical or spelling errors, it's best not to make them yourself, especially in the same post. It not only makes one look like an idiot, but also a hypocrite.

You idiot, that was far removed from a serious insult about your mistake. My post didn't seem, even a little, over the top to you?

You should know by now from our homoerotic PMs to each other that I think it's lame to nit pick another's post like that. Why can't you just laugh at what I was doing there and say, "Damn, that guy's one goofy bastard."

Edit- My bad. The internet IS serious business.

Robtard
Why can't you just laugh at what I was doing there and say, "Damn, that guy's one goofy bastard."

Because you're not funny?

Things like:

"Poopie stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) Peepee, poopie confused rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud LOL laughing out loud Lololol, poopie stick out tongue " Just don't do it for me.

The butthurt you're displaying now though, is like ambrosia to me.

Edit: To end this nonsense though, I'll take back what I said and just say "Damn, that guy's one goofy bastard." Though comics who insist that they are funny, generally aren't, just an FYI.

dadudemon
Because you're not funny?

Things like:

"Poopie stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic) Peepee, poopie confused rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud LOL laughing out loud Lololol, poopie stick out tongue " Just don't do it for me.

The butthurt you're displaying now though, is like ambrosia to me.

Edit: To end this nonsense though, I'll take back what I said and just say "Damn, that guy's one goofy bastard." Though comics who insist that they are funny, generally aren't, just an FYI.

You also don't get why I am using immature insults.

1. Because it is a mockery of you and others. You guys think it is teh coolies to use insults so I mock you.

2. Because I find it humorous to act childish during a discussion that YOU think is "serious business".

LOL, @ your "butthurt" comment. If laughing at you and posting immature comments makes me "butthurt", then yes, I have massive butthurt. Could you soothe it with your man meat please?

and at your edit...

Dude, there's a difference between laughing at me and laughing with me. I was implying the former. Get over yourself. laughing The last time I checked, being called a "goofy bastard" isn't a compliment. erm But if you think it is, thank you? confused

Robtard
"Damn, that guy's one goofy bastard."

chillmeistergen
You also don't get why I am using immature insults.

1. Because it is a mockery of you and others. You guys think it is teh coolies to use insults so I mock you.

2. Because I find it humorous to act childish during a discussion that YOU think is "serious business".

LOL, @ your "butthurt" comment. If laughing at you and posting immature comments makes me "butthurt", then yes, I have massive butthurt. Could you soothe it with your man meat please?

and at your edit...

Dude, there's a difference between laughing at me and laughing with me. I was implying the former. Get over yourself. laughing The last time I checked, being called a "goofy bastard" isn't a compliment. erm But if you think it is, thank you? confused

Nah, most of the time you actually do seem to think that you're hilarious. Your jokes, whether they revolve around a potential insult or not, are absolutely dire; I've never laughed at one.

Robtard
Funny how he (unintentionally) admits to being little more than a troll. The poor sap.

dadudemon
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Nah, most of the time you actually do seem to think that you're hilarious. Your jokes, whether they revolve around a potential insult or not, are absolutely dire; I've never laughed at one.

Congratulations. thumb up

Funny how he (unintentionally) admits to being little more than a troll. The poor sap.

Great job! big grin eek! rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud Happy Dance sick smokin'

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chillmeistergen

laughing ...no expression

Darth Macabre
Not to rain on any-body's parade, but could we possibly get back to the subject at hand? I don't want to see a fascinating and important topic be degraded into a hodgepodge of mocks, taunts, and childish behavior. And no I'm not on a high horse, I'm just interested in hearing people's opinions and thoughts on this lost tribe, and the areas related to them.

Robtard
No problem, please be the first to post an on-topic post or reply about these Amazonians. Shoot.

=Tired Hiker=
I think that these people should be left alone to go about their ways. As far as being advanced . . . might they be more advanced than us? They still manage to live a life with no concept of time and money, they do things their way with no threat of losing their job or medical benefits, no concept or need for retirement plans, etc. Let's see you or I try to do that.

Robtard
Because they don't know any better, give them snack foods, television and cell phones, in 2 generations they'll not think about going back to loin clothes and eating tubers.

I agree though, leave them the **** alone, they're obviously aware that other/different people exist beyond their realm, if they wanted to mingle, they can.

Darth Macabre
I found this an interesting read.
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=e75feee8-e6f2-4b0d-8a8c-b2a133264f19

In it, Thomas Lovejoy, an Amazon expert, said:

My question is why not? Why can't society not infringe upon their sliver of territory. Of course, I am in no way implying that they can be completely secluded as the group has probably come in contact with society already via trade and whatnot, but still, preventing our ideals and beliefs from reaching them should be our utmost concern.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Not to rain on any-body's parade, but could we possibly get back to the subject at hand? I don't want to see a fascinating and important topic be degraded into a hodgepodge of mocks, taunts, and childish behavior. And no I'm not on a high horse, I'm just interested in hearing people's opinions and thoughts on this lost tribe, and the areas related to them.

Its like you stuck an empty syringe into my boner and drained all the blood. sad

Nah...just kiddin'. You have a good point.

They should be left alone, for the most part.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Macabre

My question is why not? Why can't society not infringe upon their sliver of territory.

Here's a hypothetical, what if it is discovered they frequently practice what modern society considers illegal as part of their culture? E.g. Human sacrifice, cannabalism, child-molestation etc.

Deano
Here's a hypothetical, what if it is discovered they frequently practice what modern society considers illegal as part of their culture? E.g. Human sacrifice, cannabalism, child-molestation etc.

well thats what the satanic world leaders do. you ignorant swine smile oh wretched mortals, open your eyes

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I think that these people should be left alone to go about their ways. As far as being advanced . . . might they be more advanced than us? They still manage to live a life with no concept of time and money, they do things their way with no threat of losing their job or medical benefits, no concept or need for retirement plans, etc. Let's see you or I try to do that.

We haven't met them yet. How can you knows these things about them?

well thats what the satanic world leaders do. you ignorant swine smile oh wretched mortals, open your eyes

They're diplomats from dimension-X. That gives them immunity so it's not really illegal. Don't let their lies get to one so enlightened as you.

Devil King

Then we'll take away 400 of their children and then return them in short order.

Robtard
Then we'll take away 400 of their children and then return them in short order.
The state crunched some numbers and realized what it would cost to house, feed, cloth and oversee 400 little ones day after day; unfortunately, it wasn't in the budget.

Bicnarok

WrathfulDwarf
I don't think their land will be stolen. They eventually be protected by the local government or some organization out there.

I'm just going to say this....they're not bothering us so why bother them?

Devil King
We are bothering them. They're on the move in the first pace because their land is being mined of it's resources. At least I thought
I read that.

Deano
they have the knowledge! destroy them all HAHHHAHAAHAHAHH

WrathfulDwarf
RbjRU6_Zj0U&feature=related

Bicnarok
That is one disturbing video, such acts should be stopped, no matter what tradition these folks have, sod the directive.

Quiero Mota
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/story-behind-lost-tribe-photos-revealed/20080622183409990001?icid=100214839x1204400626x1200205084

ragesRemorse
The are probably aware, like the amish, but choose not to care.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
We haven't met them yet. How can you knows these things about them?

True, but from the pictures there is obviously no sort of commercial infrastructure as we know it, but what do we actually know about them? You have a good point.

Robtard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
RbjRU6_Zj0U&feature=related

I assume they're killing them out of some ass-backwards superstition or possibly to keep the tribe numbers low for purposes of food/land.

But why bury them alive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.