Can Anakin be redeemed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
Really, After killing younglings and many Jedi as a darkside person, Could he really be saved? Its like, all he had to do is kill the emperor in ROTJ, then hes automatically saved and forgaved once Luke was saved.
If Vader didn't turn to the goodside, he would have died anyway along with Luke because the Rebels would have bloewn up the Death Star anyway.
My thoughts are, you can go ahead and be the most evil dude in the world and cause harm for thousands of people, but all it takes is a simple forgiveness (Kill a Palpatine) before you die to redeem yourself for the afterlife.

Lord Knightfa11
thats not it at all. The jedi believe that noone is unredemable, and therefore, anyone who turns to the lightside are on the lightside. That simple.

Jovan
the entire point is that anakin brought balance to the force.... the jedi thought that meant he would go on and immediately kill all the sith.
He did that eventually; but the rest is unclear: perhaps there needed to be an equal amount of jedi & sith (OB1-Yoda vs Vader-Palpatine, after OB1 died Luke took over; so a more litteral balance in the force and thus the death of younglins was necessary) OR he just had to kill the sith, but failed at first but stil did it in the end. Basicly, bringing balance to the force is still one of the "best things to do" but as you see in the end of Return of the Jedi: they replaced Anakin with the new one (Hayden Christensen) because it is said by yoda that once you go down the dark side, "forever will it dominate you".

sweersa
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Really, After killing younglings and many Jedi as a darkside person, Could he really be saved? Its like, all he had to do is kill the emperor in ROTJ, then hes automatically saved and forgaved once Luke was saved.
If Vader didn't turn to the goodside, he would have died anyway along with Luke because the Rebels would have bloewn up the Death Star anyway.
My thoughts are, you can go ahead and be the most evil dude in the world and cause harm for thousands of people, but all it takes is a simple forgiveness (Kill a Palpatine) before you die to redeem yourself for the afterlife.

Well you can't do all of the bad stuff always knowing you will redeem yourself one day. I think Lucas borrowed this bit from Christianity. No matter how bad you are, if you truly become saved you are okay.

Jack Daniels
lucas showed anakin as good guy in the last episode...so hes redeemed in georgies eyes...guess thats that...lol

Tangible God
My thoughts are, you can go ahead and be the most evil dude in the world and cause harm for thousands of people, but all it takes is a simple forgiveness (Kill a Palpatine) before you die to redeem yourself for the afterlife. I think you're confusing "redemption " with "forgiveness." You can truly repent your actions, the question is will others forgive you for them.

And it's been argued that the only reason the Rebels broke through the defences at the DS were because Palp's mental willpower over his men dropped after Anakin hucked him over the railing.

Jack Daniels
Palps mental power over his men?....nah....he used other means to control "his men" political means...he used big guns...lol

queeq
Burp

Jack Daniels
gazoonheit......or is that just fer sneezes...lol

queeq
Your call, mate.

BruceSkywalker
Anakin was redeemed in ROTJ.

Thoren
If you can seek forgiveness,why couldn't you be saved?

Tangible God
If you're forgiven for your sins, then that generally means you've been redeemed (cause otherwise you'd simply keep sinning). But it is possible to be redeemed and not have others forgive you for your past actions.

Anakin was redeemed by sacrificing himself, but Leia still didn't forgive him for blowing up Alderaan, torturing Han etc.

queeq
Luke seemed to forgive him.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
Palps mental power over his men?....nah....he used other means to control "his men" political means...he used big guns...lol

It has been stated in the novels that Palpatine used battle meditation to improve his soldiers' abilities in combat. When he died, his troops efficiancy immediately plummetted. Thrawn comments that they were fighting like cadets.

queeq
What novels?

Bardock42
I think the major point is that "the force" "forgave" him. And he found back to the light side.

queeq
Bardock!

Gideon
Originally posted by queeq
What novels?

The Return of the Jedi novelization confirms that Palpatine's death wasn't just an issue of morale; his death threw the Force into this state of flux and the dominating mental power he had over the Imperial Fleet and Armies was gone, and that sudden loss caused them to get curbstomped in a fight they, technically, still should have won.

Grand Admiral Thrawn confirms it later in Heir to the Empire.

Tangible God
Luke seemed to forgive him. Well he was always a sap for family moments.

queeq
True. but still

Originally posted by Gideon
The Return of the Jedi novelization confirms that Palpatine's death wasn't just an issue of morale; his death threw the Force into this state of flux and the dominating mental power he had over the Imperial Fleet and Armies was gone, and that sudden loss caused them to get curbstomped in a fight they, technically, still should have won.

Good point, but Heir to the Empire is EU.

JediRobin23
Originally posted by Gideon

Didn't the rebels(Ewoks) have the imperials finished on Endor before Palpatine started throwing lightning at Luke? meaning no loss of mental power (If there was any) unless he was distracted by the initial Luke vs Vader Fight.

The movie made it that, as soon as the planet shield got destroyed on Endor, it was time for the good guys to win....

Tangible God
Didn't the rebels(Ewoks) have the imperials finished on Endor before Palpatine started throwing lightning at Luke? meaning no loss of mental power (If there was any) unless he was distracted by the initial Luke vs Vader Fight.

The movie made it that, as soon as the planet shield got destroyed on Endor, it was time for the good guys to win.... Yup, but that little gem is put down to the Imperials being surprised and outnumbered by the Ewoks. The mind control part is brought in to explain why the Imperial fleet lost their nerve and ran afterwards, and why the Executor was able to get destroyed.

Honestly, if Lucas had just made the Ewoks ferocious monsters, then the Emperor's "best troops" being overrun would be a little bit more believable.

queeq
True. We all agree on that.

Jack Daniels
Im tellin ya guys the ewoks are cousins of wookies...they tear off arms if they lose in chess! So they can be ferocious! Dont underestimate the power of the wookie/ewok...lol

queeq
Arms of spiders?

Jack Daniels
spiders, storm troopers, jedi, sith, oh and droids, except the ones that serve beer!

sweersa
Ewoks (pedo bears) have used beer for years to solicit young children into their tree houses.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1534/caption3361xu3.jpg

We have to stop this...

Jack Daniels
thats micheal jackson in a thriller ewok suit

queeq
laughing out loud

sorokseem
I m pretty sure palpatine's first death has affected his troops and if he is not killed by Anakin and the second death star were to be exploded,palpatine could have escaped.

Tangible God
Originally posted by sorokseem
I m pretty sure palpatine's first death has affected his troops and if he is not killed by Anakin and the second death star were to be exploded,palpatine could have escaped. Cuz you know, Palpatine can teleport.

Sesse
Originally posted by Tangible God
Cuz you know, Palpatine can teleport.

Dis is Eu area, plz proov ur point. cool Happy Dance

Darth Subjekt
Honestly, if Lucas had just made the Ewoks ferocious monsters, then the Emperor's "best troops" being overrun would be a little bit more believable.

Yes, but the Empire losing to the Ewoks and rebels, was a nod to Vietnam and the army with lower technology (Vietcong) defeating the technological giant (USA).

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Yes, but the Empire losing to the Ewoks and rebels, was a nod to Vietnam and the army with lower technology (Vietcong) defeating the technological giant (USA). Yeah, I've read that. Still though, doesn't explain how those teddy bears overpowered "the best troops." If Palpatine had said "I have an entire legion of mediocre troops to protect it," then I'd be sold.

Jack Daniels
dude they all got wasted before the battle cause they underestimated the power of chewie and the ewoks who are cousins by the way..lol..!..thats why they all fought like dummies..lol

Sesse
Imperials never learned to use "protection men" for their tank... ehm. Walkers

Just a bunch of people running next to the things and preventing things such as Lukes rope trick in Hoth from happening.

They could have even shot Chewie dwon from the At-st.

Guess the Imperial R&D was not that bright afterall.

Sesse
Some mercy here... With GPRS technology, 15 minutes is a short time... Try figuring out what "dwon" means.

This is discrimination.
Just because I happen to be born with small connection, that does not just

sorokseem
Cuz you know, Palpatine can teleport.
No coz he can escape using a spacecraft or whatever,and btw Empire should have won if he wasn't killed anyway. Happy Dance

Tangible God
Originally posted by sorokseem
No coz he can escape using a spacecraft or whatever,and btw Empire should have won if he wasn't killed anyway. Happy Dance Coulda, woulda, shoulda... didn't. Hush now wee one.

sweersa
The Empire was a very old man he really had no options after Vader threw his sorry self down that shaft...and don't forget the part when something in the shaft freaks out...I think our Palpy is dead people.

Jack Daniels
beer

queeq
Errrrr....

sweersa
Errrrr....

This is random but is it true that in Europe people pay for Internet like according to how much they use the Internet and not monthly?

Sesse
Where the hell do you get these facts?

Our only problem in finland are those bloody polar bears that every once in a while end up wandering the streets of Helsinki(DC).

Broadband is broadband. Even if you are a native american, you will pay only for a monthly amount. How else do you think we were able to download mov... Move our download folders all day long?

sweersa
Originally posted by Sesse
Where the hell do you get these facts?

Our only problem in finland are those bloody polar bears that every once in a while end up wandering the streets of Helsinki(DC).

Broadband is broadband. Even if you are a native american, you will pay only for a monthly amount. How else do you think we were able to download mov... Move our download folders all day long?

You don't have to be an as*hole. That's why I was asking. Some friend told me about it. Maybe it is only so for certain parts of Europe, who knows...I don't even know why I care.

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by sweersa
You don't have to be an as*hole. That's why I was asking. Some friend told me about it. Maybe it is only so for certain parts of Europe, who knows...I don't even know why I care.

You must be an American, lol.

Sesse
Originally posted by sweersa

Who is being an *******?

Now you have another friend, who told you about our polar bear problem, while correcting your view of our internet policy. We aren't too proud of having those critters around, but we manage.

Its not fun being forced to carry a shotgun loaded with rifle-slugs every time you wish to take a walk. Those things are unpredictable. Bears, mind you.

sweersa
Originally posted by Sesse
Who is being an *******?

Now you have another friend, who told you about our polar bear problem, while correcting your view of our internet policy. We aren't too proud of having those critters around, but we manage.

Its not fun being forced to carry a shotgun loaded with rifle-slugs every time you wish to take a walk. Those things are unpredictable. Bears, mind you.

Well starting a sentence with "Where the hell..." isn't exactly a friendly notion or polite.

Anyways, my uncle and some friends went hunting in Canada once, the guy that owns this cabin keeps this shotgun always in the cabin ready in case of grizzly bears (related to polar bears but I believe they are not as aggressive as polar bears) He said he kept the shot gun loaded with both slugs and buck shot (I think he had buckshot in there also for close quarters spread or something)

Have you ever encountered a Polar Bear? We have a few Black Bears where I live, but usually more north, they are pretty safe and fear humans and rarely ever attack, but they can and it happens.

My dad saw a mountain lion on our property twice, that is extremely rare in Michigan and many people never even believe him. Various accounts of seeing the same thing occurred but our nature authorities try to cover it up to prevent fear. (Typical of anything of the US Government, save money and holding back information)

queeq
Do mountain lions also pay for internet by the amount of time used?

sweersa
Do mountain lions also pay for internet by the amount of time used?

Hahaha. Not at my house.

queeq
At the neighbours then?

sweersa
At the neighbours then?

I'll have to ask. I haven't seen them in a while. I just heard a growl after this scary looking thing read his ISP bill and then I heard a bunch of screams then nothing....

queeq
They're prolly dead then.

sweersa
They're prolly dead then.

They made the switch to at&t too late!

queeq
I bet that's it.

sweersa
I bet that's it.

Slayed at the hands of Capitalism...

queeq
Unavoidable.

Jack Daniels
beer

queeq
Beer is the answer.

Jack Daniels
ALL HAIL QUEEQ HE HAS THE ANSWER TO LIFE !!!!!!

beer
jr_queeq

queeq
Now bow before me.

Jack Daniels
ummm how about a happy meal instead of bowing..lol?happymeal if they had a smilie for grolsch Id give you that as tribute..lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.