Afro Samurai vs. Kenshin Himura

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DestinyGuy678
takes place where afro samurai faught justice (top of a mountain)
kenshin is out for blood

Endless Mike
Afro Samurai can cut a rocket in half, cut a bullet so precisely that the fragments kill other guys behind him, fight in mid-air above the clouds and survive the descent without trouble - he stomps Kenshin easily

Kero_Co
Depends, did Kenshin drink his lemonade?

shifty

leonheartmm
afro/ although kenshin is more skilled in the technicall sense of the word and a cooler characters. afro doesnt have any signature moves or techniques. also, i think afro loses in the speed department.

Endless Mike
Afro cut bullets and rockets in half, blocked lasers (well not actual lasers, but they were still fast), and basically has speed feats beyond anything Kenshin has ever shown.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by leonheartmm
afro/ although kenshin is more skilled in the technicall sense of the word and a cooler characters. afro doesnt have any signature moves or techniques. also, i think afro loses in the speed department. Lol, I love the argument that because Kenshin has t3h sIgnATurE MoVEs he is automatically more skilled.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by leonheartmm
afro/ although kenshin is more skilled in the technicall sense of the word and a cooler characters. afro doesnt have any signature moves or techniques. also, i think afro loses in the speed department. no, afro is actually faster than bullets a bullet can be right at his head and hell move fast enoug hto block it

Csdabest
Didnt Kenshin Dodge gunfire from a gatling gun w/ ease?

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Csdabest
Didnt Kenshin Dodge gunfire from a gatling gun w/ ease? no he had help from a team mate who distracted the gunner, also he just ran out of the gunners aim when he was being fired upon, afro actually moves faster than the bullets

Csdabest
Can i have aclip...I never got into the anime and I would just like to see it...I hear Samuel did the voice acting?

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Csdabest
Can i have aclip...I never got into the anime and I would just like to see it...I hear Samuel did the voice acting? yeah its only 5 episodes its not that long to watch, just type in afro samurai episode 1

BruceSkywalker
Kenshin 8/10 ftw

Blax_Hydralisk
Nope. Afro destroys him 9/10.

Dark-Jaxx
Sammy J annihilates that cracka.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Sammy J annihilates that cracka. samurai jack has literally no skilll rewatch the show. he is ****in worthless. his literall one claim to fame is a magic sword. his biggest challenge was a SCOTSMAN. a slow one at that. ur arguments are a joke

Blax_Hydralisk
Sammy J= Samual L. Jackson

And Jack did defeat an entire army of robots, as wel las block machine gun bulelts and such. The sword only helps him cut through just about anything. It doesn't amp his abilities. He's impressive.

Dark-Jaxx
What Blax said.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah, minus the typos.

Screw science homework.

Dark-Jaxx
And the Scotsman is a badass.

superchron
Samurai Jack>Afro Samurai>>>>>>>>>Kenshin.

Blax_Hydralisk
Samurai Jack isn't that far above Afro methinks. They seem pretty even. Jack is good but his actual attack speed isn't that fast.

It'd be a good fight to see though.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by superchron
Samurai Jack>Afro Samurai>>>>>>>>>Kenshin.

Co-signed

DestinyGuy678
I've seen the series...what puts samurai jack so far above...well any of them?

Blax_Hydralisk
Besides fighting literally multiple hundreds of robots and defeating all of them himself, fighting gods and dodging/deflecting bullets with his sword?

King Kandy
How about how he killed all those guys in a bar so fast it didn't look like he'd left his seat?

Dark-Jaxx
And the fact that he does this without even having an animation outline, THAT is a Godly feat.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Besides fighting literally multiple hundreds of robots and defeating all of them himself, fighting gods and dodging/deflecting bullets with his sword? ...yeah besides that

Endless Mike
Or beating all of those bounty hunters before a single drop of water hit the ground

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Or beating all of those bounty hunters before a single drop of water hit the ground ....jawdrop

I had forgotten all of those

rip all other samurai

Micheal_Myers
Kenshin has deflected bullets before. Cutting a rock in half? Kenshin cut a giant concrete pillar in half with ease as a show of strength to Kanryu Takeda.

Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
....jawdrop

rip all other samurai

Even if he could take Kenshin, its idiotic to say he could take all Samurai. Hand him over to Seijuro Hiko and he is ****ed 10/10.

Dark-Jaxx
He would beat Kenshin with ease.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Or beating all of those bounty hunters before a single drop of water hit the ground

Now THAT was a bad ass episode...just for that part alone. We get a real feal for how bad ass Samurai Jack is after that episode. I loved it.

Man...I misss that show.. sad

Anyway, this fight goes to Afro Samurai. Because he is a badass "mother f***er".

Darth Raizen
I'd give this one to Kenshin. He's beaten fighters such as Shisiho, and Shougo Amakusa, who was the self proclaimed "Son of God".

Blax_Hydralisk
Either Samurai Jack or Afro would beat anyone in Kenshin's universe. He's actually the weakest of the three.

Dark-Jaxx
Either Samurai Jack or Afro would beat anyone in Kenshin's universe. He's actually the weakest of the three. Indeedy doo. Both have feats that crush Kenshin's, especially Samurai Jack. Kenshin needed help to deal with a primitive ass gatling gun, Jack blocks ones in the future with his sword using one hand.

Darth Raizen
Indeedy doo. Both have feats that crush Kenshin's, especially Samurai Jack. Kenshin needed help to deal with a primitive ass gatling gun, Jack blocks ones in the future with his sword using one hand.

Then out of the three, who has the faster speed?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Darth Raizen
Then out of the three, who has the faster speed? Jack kills groups of robots before they can fire their guns.

Darth Raizen
Jack kills groups of robots before they can fire their guns.

I see. It's been awhile since I've watched Samurai Jack. Classic show.

Blax_Hydralisk
Jack's got the superior movement speed. His actual attacks themselves aren't really that fast... Usually just one or two hard vertical or horizontal strikes are all he does... over and over again.

Csdabest
Im sorry...Afro Samurai is overrated. They both seem just as fast and as skilled. he sliced a bullet in half. comming at him. And it split and hit the two people behind him. that were standing on both sides. So no that was just bad positioning of the two goons. ALSO A samurai sword your average once can slice a bullet in half just standing steal letting the bullet do all its work. A Samurai sword took shells from 50. caliber machine gun it took around 3 to 5 hits in the same spot for it to crack.

Blax_Hydralisk
Can you prove an average sword can do that, first off. Second off, it's not the sword itself that matters, so much as the speed and reaction times and the ease and nonchalant'ness that he did it. Jack's problem is that while he is incredibly fast when he moves and is very rescourceful, hsi actual technique isn't very good, and it's predictable. Kenshin... well... Kenshin is the most overrated person here. He's actually the most ovverrated samurai ever, really.

Dark-Jaxx
Jack would beat the shit out of you for saying that Blax.

He didn't spend like...10-15 years honing his technique to have bad technique and good movement speed.

He blocked a gatling gun's bullets casually...That is ridiculous speed.

He is a swordsman who was able to match blades with some really really old blue guy who guarded some portal or sumthin(Can't remember name) who has possibly more battle experience than Jack, and although Jack lost, the blue guy acknowledged his skill.

Blax_Hydralisk
The show itself shows how good his "technique" is. Run up really fast to someone... slash downwards with his eyes closed. Run up to the next guy... slash his head off with a horizontal slice with his eyes closed... repeat.

Blocking bullets is nothing new... and casually is an adjective that can also, coincidentally, be used as hyperbole...

Dark-Jaxx
The show itself shows how good his "technique" is. Run up really fast to someone... slash downwards with his eyes closed. Run up to the next guy... slash his head off with a horizontal slice with his eyes closed... repeat.

Blocking bullets is nothing new... and casually is an adjective that can also, coincidentally, be used as hyperbole... Exactly, unlike the inferior Samurai, he does not need to cut twice. smile

Blax_Hydralisk
Hence, he fails. smile

Csdabest
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gCVNUiIAoQc
Sword Splits Bullet in two with it going on opposite sides behind him. Sort of just like in the show

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HO8Ot10hIiA&feature=related
Splitss 50 Calibur bullet about 2 or 3 of them before it shatters

Micheal_Myers
Either Samurai Jack or Afro would beat anyone in Kenshin's universe. He's actually the weakest of the three.

Hand em over to Seijuro Hiko, he would pwn both.

Blax_Hydralisk
Nah. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.