Odin vs Thanos (Rematch)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
This is a rematch between the two with some notable differences. To start off these two are fighting on neutrel ground, and both Thanos and Odin are at the peak of there abilities. Who takes it?

Sirius77
Still Odin.

Terryc250
Odin. However, Thanos might possibly leave a scratch on him this time.

The Great Galen
Im under the understanding Thanos had at least 2 upgrades since there first fight, is that enough to close the gap. Although I suppose the first fight was misleading in more then one ways since Odin was going easy on Thanos.

psycho gundam
thanos wasn't really defeated when he fought odin that time, his clothes were shredded but his spirit wasn't broken.

guy222
odin

The Great Galen
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos wasn't really defeated when he fought odin that time, his clothes were shredded but his spirit wasn't broken.

The problem with the fight was Odin wasn't fighting "all out"or putting forth any real effort. In Thanos mind it was a epic fight that tested the limites to his power....to Odin it was tuesday.

Harbinger
Odin sons him again.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by The Great Galen
The problem with the fight was Odin wasn't fighting "all out"or putting forth any real effort. In Thanos mind it was a epic fight that tested the limites to his power....to Odin it was tuesday.

Odin was going all out.
At the point hat he wasn't caring of Asgard while fighting.

I say Odin, but he's hurt at the end of the match.

PowerCosmic
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Odin was going all out.

I thought so too. Odin tried to finish the fight using Gungnir, but couldn't put Thanos down.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Odin was going all out.

I think Odin was going all out too. He told Thanos your death is assured then latter in the battle summoned his spear.

Odin still wins tho.

lannfear
Odin ftw big grin

Silent Master
Odin's fight with Thanos didn't cause anywhere near the level of damage his other high end fights had, so I doubt he was really "going all out".

thtadthtshldntb
Asgard is not more durable than a galaxy, or the multiverse.

If Odin were "going all out" Asgard would have been vaporized, as well as everyone and everything nearby except Thor (who had the PG) and the other Gems. Ok, Doc Strange might have been able to shield, maybe.

Just lasting as long as he did against Odin is a feat for Thanos, much like a human lasting more than 1 minute against an enraged elephant would be.

Just to clarify what Odin's max power would be, that means that TWSAIS are not leaching off him, his power is not maintaining the whole dimension/universe of Asgard and of course, Surtur and Ymir are dead at the time.

Odin wins here, yet again.

Nihilist
at best thanos stalemates him imo.

MightyEInherjar
...to Odin it was tuesday.

Heh, make that Wednesday...shifty

I love DC
Originally posted by Sundipped
I think Odin was going all out too. He told Thanos your death is assured then latter in the battle summoned his spear.

Odin still wins tho. I too believehe was going all out.

draxx_tOfU
Thanos...

Ruin
Odin.... easily, again.

guy222
odin

Erik-Lensherr
Odin.

celestialdemon
Odin still wins

quanchi112
The problem with the fight was Odin wasn't fighting "all out"or putting forth any real effort. In Thanos mind it was a epic fight that tested the limites to his power....to Odin it was tuesday. http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Warlock25-33-1.jpg

ODINS WORDS NOT THANOS'.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Odin still wins I disagree. Thanos wins this rematch.

Silent Master
How does he do that, considering he doesn't have a single feat on par with Odin's best?

llagrok
Odin is still too much.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
How does he do that, considering he doesn't have a single feat on par with Odin's best? I believe his beating of the Maker and his blast of Galactus shows he has been upgraded enough to beat Odin.

llagrok
Maker had no feats and Thanos didn't do it on his own.

Silent Master
I would need proof that the Galactus blast was more powerful than Odin's best feats.

nimbus006
Originally posted by quanchi112
I disagree. Thanos wins this rematch.

Come on Quan, it's ok to say your favorite character loses.

starlock
Odin for the win

id369
Odin

golem370
In my opinion like Balder or even more so then Balder Odin while he was in Asgard was indestructible that why he held up so well against Thanos. Thanos was down for a minute but he wasn't finished by along shot.

thtadthtshldntb
Originally posted by golem370
In my opinion like Balder or even more so then Balder Odin while he was in Asgard was indestructible that why he held up so well against Thanos. Thanos was down for a minute but he wasn't finished by along shot.

Unlike most other realms that various god and demons live in, the relationship between Odin (or Thor with the Odinforce) and Asgard is completely reversed. Odin created the Asgard universe, when he moved it there around Mangog's first appearance, and as Thor v2 confirmed, the Odinpower is itself the source of energy for it. Asgard is a drain on Odin not a boost.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Maker had no feats and Thanos didn't do it on his own. Thanos defeated her and was the one who shut her down.

This explains how power the Maker was.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/t-09-01.jpg

quanchi112
I would need proof that the Galactus blast was more powerful than Odin's best feats. Galactus almost defeated Thanos with one blast with all his shielding up. Galactus would destroy Odin one on one. Odin also couldnt put down Thanos with multiple blasts and even gungir.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nimbus006
Come on Quan, it's ok to say your favorite character loses. I understand that but they fought once and Odin failed to put him down. Imo Thanos became more powerful than when they fought.

quanchi112
Originally posted by thtadthtshldntb
Unlike most other realms that various god and demons live in, the relationship between Odin (or Thor with the Odinforce) and Asgard is completely reversed. Odin created the Asgard universe, when he moved it there around Mangog's first appearance, and as Thor v2 confirmed, the Odinpower is itself the source of energy for it. Asgard is a drain on Odin not a boost. Odin isnt weaker when he is in asgard. I I understand that this energy is needed for it but by no means is he weaker there than outside of asgard. He is stronger there.

Silent Master
Galactus almost defeated Thanos with one blast with all his shielding up. Galactus would destroy Odin one on one. Odin also couldnt put down Thanos with multiple blasts and even gungir.

So your proof that Thanos can now beat Odin is that Glactus almost beat Thanos with one blact when an Odin that wasn't using anywhere near his full power was only able to basically throw him around Asgard.

quanchi112
So your proof that Thanos can now beat Odin is that Glactus almost beat Thanos with one blact when an Odin that wasn't using anywhere near his full power was only able to basically throw him around Asgard. What?

I am saying Galactus is a lot more powerful than Odin can ever hope to.
The guy was a joke amped to the celestials.

I put up the scan where Odin gave Thanos a lot of credit. Those were his words and he also pulled out Gungir. The fight was nowhere near over as well.

Thanos since was upgraded once and maybe twice depending on what you choose to believe. He beat the Maker who had infinite power,he beat her easily. He physically injured her than mindraped her.

Odin couldnt put Thanos down on his home turf in about six or 7 pages. The fight wasnt even over.

The Great Galen
ODIN wasn't going all out, did he even hit Thanos with a galaxy busting blast. He was indulging him, and his words only confirmed he underestimated him...nothing else.

Silent Master

thtadthtshldntb
Odin isnt weaker when he is in asgard. I I understand that this energy is needed for it but by no means is he weaker there than outside of asgard. He is stronger there.

He is weaker because he (Odin) is the power source for the entire 8 worlds and the whole universe that is Asgard (whatever you want to call the place where he moved Asgard to, dimension, universe, shard realm, whatever).

If he were not powering the whole thing, he would be a good bit stronger.

Odin is neither more, nor less powerful in or out of Asgard.

quanchi112
ODIN wasn't going all out, did he even hit Thanos with a galaxy busting blast. He was indulging him, and his words only confirmed he underestimated him...nothing else. He said he hadnt fought another foe like him in eons and didnt beat him. I posted the scan. Odin was going all out Thanos is just that durable. stick out tongue

quanchi112
He is weaker because he (Odin) is the power source for the entire 8 worlds and the whole universe that is Asgard (whatever you want to call the place where he moved Asgard to, dimension, universe, shard realm, whatever).

If he were not powering the whole thing, he would be a good bit stronger.

Odin is neither more, nor less powerful in or out of Asgard. I disagree. show me where this has been stated.

Battlehammer
Are you hoesntly trying to argue that thanos can beat odin? beucases if you are you being rather rediculous

quanchi112
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Are you hoesntly trying to argue that thanos can beat odin? beucases if you are you being rather rediculous Answer me these two questions ok?

Did Odin beat Thanos in their battle?

How many upgrades(s) in your opinion did Thanos receive after that.

King Kandy
Thanos wins. He has been upgraded since then and can now give Galactus a fight.

thtadthtshldntb
I disagree. show me where this has been stated.

if you mean the latter part about Odin being neither more nor less powerful in or out of Asgard, that's patently obvious, as the multiverse is not contained in Asgard.

If you refer to the former, about Odin (the Odinforce I think actually) being the powersourc for Asgard, it's in thor v2, after Thor moves the city of Asgard to the Earth.

If anyone can remember the issue, I can post the scan faster when I get home in the morning (I am at work now). Otherwise I will look for it, but that's like 25 issues to go through.

quanchi112
if you mean the latter part about Odin being neither more nor less powerful in or out of Asgard, that's patently obvious, as the multiverse is not contained in Asgard.

If you refer to the former, about Odin (the Odinforce I think actually) being the powersourc for Asgard, it's in thor v2, after Thor moves the city of Asgard to the Earth.

If anyone can remember the issue, I can post the scan faster when I get home in the morning (I am at work now). Otherwise I will look for it, but that's like 25 issues to go through. No I understand that his powersource powers Asgard. But there has never been anything stated that Odin would be more powerful without asgard. Anyways whats it matter because he always has an asgard somewhere or other.

thtadthtshldntb
Ok. Simple logic, using an overly simplified exampl.

If a person has two arms, and has to hold up onto the wall (otherwise he would fall) while fighting someone who does not, the amount of power available to the fight is reduced by some degree.

The OP stated basically, Odin at his max, which means that he is not acting as the power source for the Asgardian dimension/universe.

To use an electrical analogy, if Odin were a 600W PSU, running say 3 graphics cards, dropping Asgard would be like removing one graphics card.

Hazsekswthurmom
Odin 10/10

batdude123
ODIN wasn't going all out, did he even hit Thanos with a galaxy busting blast. He was indulging him, and his words only confirmed he underestimated him...nothing else.

Right, because Odin is always at "galaxy busting" levels? And for that matter, he's only going all-out when he destroys a galaxy? Didn't he use Gungnir to try and end the fight quicker?

Not trying to say Odin was going 100% in that fight, but I'm just pointing out the logistical flaws with your statements.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
Odin 10/10 He didnt even beat him when they fought in asgard.

Silent Master
Again, Thanos doesn't have any feats on the level of Odin's best.

Dark-Jaxx
Just knocked him around like a pimp does a ho.

Odin 8/10.

quanchi112
Again, Thanos doesn't have any feats on the level of Odin's best. Thanos got a lot tougher after his battle and Odin failed to put him down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Just knocked him around like a pimp does a ho.

Odin 8/10. Odin was pulling out weapons and such. Thanos took everything and still wasnt backing down.

batdude123
Odin was pulling out weapons and such. Thanos took everything and still wasnt backing down.

So? Thanos still loses this match.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
So? Thanos still loses this match. Nah.

Thanos has been upgraded since this stalemate. Odin hasnt.

Silent Master
Thanos got a lot tougher after his battle and Odin failed to put him down.

So, what you're saying is that the Thanos fight showed that a high end Odin "going all out" couldn't beat Thanos, therefore current Thanos would win.

Is that correct?

quanchi112
So, what you're saying is that the Thanos fight showed that a high end Odin "going all out" couldn't beat Thanos, therefore current Thanos would win.

Is that correct? Odin was going all out. Just because he couldnt put Thanos down,Thanos haters came up with this myth that he wasnt going all out. He oneshotted the Surfer yet Thanos' full might had no been tested since his resurrection.

Thanos beat the Maker afterwards a being of infinite power. This was after his final upgrade.

Dark-Jaxx
Odin was pulling out weapons and such. Thanos took everything and still wasnt backing down. And was still being smacked around.

batdude123
Nah.

Thanos has been upgraded since this stalemate. Odin hasnt.

crylaugh

quanchi112
crylaugh Do you deny the upgrades?

Silent Master
Odin was going all out. Just because he couldnt put Thanos down,Thanos haters came up with this myth that he wasnt going all out. He oneshotted the Surfer yet Thanos' full might had no been tested since his resurrection.

Thanos beat the Maker afterwards a being of infinite power. This was after his final upgrade.

Let's try this again; So, what you're saying is that the Odin vs Thanos fight showed that a high end Odin "going all out" couldn't beat Thanos, therefore current Thanos would win.

A simple Yes or No will do.

batdude123
Do you deny the upgrades?

I deny Thanos stalemates Odin.

Harbinger
Odin was pulling out weapons and such. Thanos took everything and still wasnt backing down. He wasn't inflicting any damage to Odin, either. This match, and Thano's blasting Galactus are a bit overrated, IMO; this one is because while Thanos showed his durability in taking Odin's attacks, he didn't even dent Odin IIRC.

quanchi112
Let's try this again; So, what you're saying is that the Odin vs Thanos fight showed that a high end Odin "going all out" couldn't beat Thanos, therefore current Thanos would win.

A simple Yes or No will do. I saw Odin couldnt put him down. He was going all out. Thanos has become more powerful since then. You can disagree with me but unless you prove Odin became more powerful you cant change my mind.

quanchi112
I deny Thanos stalemates Odin. Odin was winning but he didnt win. It wasnt finished.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Harbinger
He wasn't inflicting any damage to Odin, either. This match, and Thano's blasting Galactus are a bit overrated, IMO; this one is because while Thanos showed his durability in taking Odin's attacks, he didn't even dent Odin IIRC. He was upgraded after this. He beat the Maker and physically hurt a being with infinite power.

Silent Master
I saw Odin couldnt put him down. He was going all out. Thanos has become more powerful since then. You can disagree with me but unless you prove Odin became more powerful you cant change my mind.

Please stop dodging and just answer my question, A simple yes or no is all that is needed.

The question was, So, what you're saying is that the Odin vs Thanos fight showed that a high end Odin "going all out" couldn't beat Thanos, therefore current Thanos would win.

Once again, a simple "yes' or "no" is all that is needed.

batdude123
Odin was winning but he didnt win. It wasnt finished.

Odin wins. smile

The Great Galen
Man I was hoping for a serious debate and then Quan comes and turns it to complete comedy. Awnser me this, has Odin ever been a cold blooded killer...did he want to kill thanos...no he didnt. He wasnt bloodlusted or looking for the kill, hence he wasnt going all out. In this fight, its on neutrel ground with no one getting in the way...which means Odin will released one of his galaxy busting blast and toast Thanos 10000/10

Alucard25
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos wins. He has been upgraded since then and can now give Galactus a fight.

No he can't he got pwned by Galactus even with every shield turned on.

Alucard25
Meh I have yet to see anything from Thanos with these so called uber upgrades that puts him at or above Odin.

Ouallada
Please stop dodging and just answer my question, A simple yes or no is all that is needed.

The question was, So, what you're saying is that the Odin vs Thanos fight showed that a high end Odin "going all out" couldn't beat Thanos, therefore current Thanos would win.

Once again, a simple "yes' or "no" is all that is needed.

I don't think you'll be getting the answer you're looking for. wink

In any case, my take was that it was an average (maybe below average) Odin who was definitely trying to kill Thanos. His statements and actions certainly are congruent with this, and are more believable than the lack of collateral damage. For example, I don't really remember G's first battle with T/A having much in the way of collateral damage.

I think that the battle was actually a good durability showing for Thanos, and in a way was good for Odin as well, as save a truncated fight with Tyrant, Thanos has doled out damage to most of his other opponents, or at least mounted some offense. Odin handled him like a child, but simply couldn't put him down within the time period. I think that fight established just how powerful skyfathers actually are, and how far they are from heralds and characters on Thanos' level. It also signalled, in my opinion, that having a varied yet powerful offense of some kind is almost a pre-requisite to be a skyfather level in terms of power.

My simple answer? No. Odin would take 10/10 once again. With sizeable prep? Thanos MIGHT take a few.

The Great Galen
Odin wasnt trying to kill him though, Odin isnt a killer and had no motivation to want to kill him. Let me ask u, did Odin hurl and galaxy busting shots Thanos way?

Ouallada
Odin isn't always at those levels, just as not every blast Thanos throws has the universe screaming. Just as Flash isn't always at Zoom levels.

As for whether or not Odin wanted Thanos down, he already said that on panel.

Ruin
Right, because Odin is always at "galaxy busting" levels? And for that matter, he's only going all-out when he destroys a galaxy? Didn't he use Gungnir to try and end the fight quicker?

Not trying to say Odin was going 100% in that fight, but I'm just pointing out the logistical flaws with your statements.

When the situation requires it, yes.

No, but it's an fairly accurate gauge.

No, as Gungnir does nothing more than channel his power into more direct blast.

lannfear
Odin ftw...thanos is impressive for sure but i think he may need more than an upgrade to beat Odin at his best.....
cheers
devil

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Ouallada
Odin isn't always at those levels, just as not every blast Thanos throws has the universe screaming. Just as Flash isn't always at Zoom levels.

As for whether or not Odin wanted Thanos down, he already said that on panel.

Didn't come off like he was bloodlusted and wanted him dead, if he did he would have hurled a galaxy buster at him.

quanchi112

Once again, a simple "yes' or "no" is all that is needed. Thanos and Odin fought. Odins best blows couldnt put Thanos down. He was trying to defeat him but couldnt and then the fight was stopped.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Alucard25
Meh I have yet to see anything from Thanos with these so called uber upgrades that puts him at or above Odin. Maker feat.

quanchi112
Odin wins. smile I disagree.

quanchi112
Odin wasnt trying to kill him though, Odin isnt a killer and had no motivation to want to kill him. Let me ask u, did Odin hurl and galaxy busting shots Thanos way? Odin was trying to win anyway he could but couldnt pull it off. My scan shows the amount of respect Odin had for Thanos during their battle.

quanchi112

As for whether or not Odin wanted Thanos down, he already said that on panel. Agreed. To think Odin was playing around is ridiculous where I have on panel proof to say otherwise and common sense.

quanchi112
Man I was hoping for a serious debate and then Quan comes and turns it to complete comedy. Awnser me this, has Odin ever been a cold blooded killer...did he want to kill thanos...no he didnt. He wasnt bloodlusted or looking for the kill, hence he wasnt going all out. In this fight, its on neutrel ground with no one getting in the way...which means Odin will released one of his galaxy busting blast and toast Thanos 10000/10 Did you read the part in the story where Odin said Thor his own son must die. I bet you didnt. To say he wouldnt kill Thanos is ignorant when he would even take his own son if he were infected with warrior madness and then suggest he lets Thanos live is preposterous and ignores context and the whole battle itself. Thanos survives whatever Odin dishes out and pulls this one out due to the upgrade(s).

Ouallada
Didn't come off like he was bloodlusted and wanted him dead, if he did he would have hurled a galaxy buster at him.

A character doesn't need to be bloodlusted as per the forum definition to want to put an opponent down. He certainly wasn't at the levels he was at when he battled Seth or Surtur, but that isn't mutually exclusive from the fact he wanted to put Thanos down.

Silent Master
Thanos and Odin fought. Odins best blows couldnt put Thanos down. He was trying to defeat him but couldnt and then the fight was stopped.

That wasn't what I asked you, I asked

Pick one of the following answers

1) Yes

or

2) No

quanchi112
That wasn't what I asked you, I asked

Pick one of the following answers

1) Yes

or

2) No This was a normal showing for both. Both have better showings imo.

Silent Master
Really, what better showings did Thanos of that time have?

quanchi112
Really, what better showings did Thanos of that time have? Maker,Tyrant.

Ouallada
Both of those were after Odin, unless I am drastically wrong. Odin was Thanos' best feat at the time, IMO.

Silent Master
Not only that but wasn't Thanos powering himself up with Tyrant's planetary biospheres, plus I think Tyrant didn't have access to them himself.

So that would mean it was a powered up Thanos vs a weak Tyrant.

janus77
this is like how a Surfer vs Thanos fight on the boards, would go imo.

Thanos is clearly more powerful than Surfer, but Surfer has tricks, speed and versatility to hold out and the durability to take quite a lot of punishment. eventually Thanos would win though.

and here, eventually Odin would win.

Xplosive

quanchi112
Both of those were after Odin, unless I am drastically wrong. Odin was Thanos' best feat at the time, IMO. They were after Odin which helps my point. Tyrant is more powerful than Odin imo and the Maker has infinite power and was after Thanos final upgrade.

quanchi112
Not only that but wasn't Thanos powering himself up with Tyrant's planetary biospheres, plus I think Tyrant didn't have access to them himself.

So that would mean it was a powered up Thanos vs a weak Tyrant. Tyrant can threaten and defeat Galactus. For Thanos to being to take punishment from him its an outright feat. This is before his upgrade(s) as well. So he became even more powerful than when he confronted Tyrant.

quanchi112

Silent Master
Having to name feats where Thanos was powered up in order to find something more impressive than Odin is hardly helping your case.

quanchi112
Having to name feats where Thanos was powered up in order to find something more impressive than Odin is hardly helping your case. He wasnt powered up to defeat the Maker.

Tyrant can beat Galactus whereas Odin wouldnt stand a chance.

Silent Master
Tyrant can threaten and defeat Galactus. For Thanos to being to take punishment from him its an outright feat. This is before his upgrade(s) as well. So he became even more powerful than when he confronted Tyrant.

Correction, a fully powered Tyrant can threaten Galactus, Tyrant wasn't fully powered when he fought Thanos, plus Thanos was himself powered up.

quanchi112
Correction, a fully powered Tyrant can threaten Galactus, Tyrant wasn't fully powered when he fought Thanos, plus Thanos was himself powered up. No a depowered Tyrant had Galactus dead to rights. Again Tyrant is more powerful than Odin anyways.

Silent Master
He wasnt powered up to defeat the Maker.

The only way for Tyrant to have a chance of beating Galactus would be if he's fully powered, Thanos didn't fight a fully powered Tyrant, also you're leaving out the fact that Thanos had a power up during that fight.

Silent Master
No a depowered Tyrant had Galactus dead to rights. Again Tyrant is more powerful than Odin anyways.

First, I'd like to see a scan where a depowered Tyrant beat Galactus in a straight fight(IOW, no outside circumstances) and second, Thanos had a power up during the fight.

Silent Master
Since I don't own the issues in question, I looked up Tyrant and while it mentioned a second Galactus fight, it didn't say anything about him having the edge, it did however say that he proved able to feed off of a starving Galactus's energy blasts.

It also mentioned that Tyrant was cut off from his power spheres during his fight with Thanos.

Ouallada
^That's right. Tyrant had millenia of one-sided prep against G, and had G's heralds to use as a bargaining chip to boot. It wasn't really a fair representation of a G vs depowered Tyrant battle.

Thanos was powered up slightly during the Tyrant fight. He stole an orb containing Morg's power. How much of a difference Morg's power made to Thanos is debatable, but the fact that he had it isn't.

celestialdemon

Thanos was powered up slightly during the Tyrant fight. He stole an orb containing Morg's power. How much of a difference Morg's power made to Thanos is debatable, but the fact that he had it isn't.

I don't believe it had Morg's power. Tyrant gave Morg his power back to fight Thanos and co.

Ouallada
I don't believe it had Morg's power. Tyrant gave Morg his power back to fight Thanos and co.

This is the scan that led me to infer that it was Morg's power, or at least some portion of it.

http://img400.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cosmicpowersv1002p37tw3.jpg

I do recall that Morg was battling Terrax or something in that issue, so you might be right. Do you have a scan of the panel where Tyrant gives Morg's power back?

celestialdemon
This is the scan that led me to infer that it was Morg's power, or at least some portion of it.

I do recall that Morg was battling Terrax or something in that issue, so you might be right. Do you have a scan of the panel where Tyrant gives Morg's power back?

I'll see if I can get it.

thtadthtshldntb
He wasnt powered up to defeat the Maker.

You know I keep seeing this claim regarding Odin not standing a chance against Galactus, and everyone who claims that, here and elsewhere (I have been in threads involving these two here) has no feats that place Galactus at a higher level than Odin.

Fact 1- Odin and Galactus have feats on or around the same level, as Stan and Jack intended by their depictions back in the day.

Fact 2- If you are using Thanos versus Galactus in comparison to Thanos versus Odin, Thanos actually was able to move Galactus in their confrontation, while still losing, whereas Thanos was unable to even scratch Odin's clothing or beard.

Fact 3- Tyrant has never actually beaten Galactus, so I don't know why one would think he can if full powered Tyrant with millenia of prep could not do so.

-----------------------

So Quanchi here is what you are contending.

That at the time of his battle with Odin, Thanos has durability comparable to the multiverse, and that Odin was going all out with his multiverse damaging power, but no one else in the vicinity was harmed (because what Sif and Puck had Omniversal durabilty?) nor anything destroyed.

Then due to his two upgrades, Thanos now has durability greater than the multiverse.

The Great Galen
Well according to Quan Odin was hurling his galaxy busting blows to Thanos every second.

starlock
I think odin will win

But trying to say odin was thowing or not throwing around galaxy level blast because of the damage done to the surrounding area seems....pointless....if we go by that criteria....we can start to pick apart allot....and i mean allot of feats...it is what it is, odin tried to put down thanos

quanchi112
First, I'd like to see a scan where a depowered Tyrant beat Galactus in a straight fight(IOW, no outside circumstances) and second, Thanos had a power up during the fight. Tyrant absorbs his energy blasts. In their battle Galactus resorted to tech and Tyrant countered. Again standing up to Tyrant is more impressive than standing up to Odin imo.

quanchi112
Well according to Quan Odin was hurling his galaxy busting blows to Thanos every second. Odin was trying to put him down bottom line. I put up a scan where Odin paid Thanos massive respect. quit trolling.

quanchi112
You know I keep seeing this claim regarding Odin not standing a chance against Galactus, and everyone who claims that, here and elsewhere (I have been in threads involving these two here) has no feats that place Galactus at a higher level than Odin.

Fact 1- Odin and Galactus have feats on or around the same level, as Stan and Jack intended by their depictions back in the day.

Fact 2- If you are using Thanos versus Galactus in comparison to Thanos versus Odin, Thanos actually was able to move Galactus in their confrontation, while still losing, whereas Thanos was unable to even scratch Odin's clothing or beard.

Fact 3- Tyrant has never actually beaten Galactus, so I don't know why one would think he can if full powered Tyrant with millenia of prep could not do so.

-----------------------

So Quanchi here is what you are contending.

That at the time of his battle with Odin, Thanos has durability comparable to the multiverse, and that Odin was going all out with his multiverse damaging power, but no one else in the vicinity was harmed (because what Sif and Puck had Omniversal durabilty?) nor anything destroyed.

Then due to his two upgrades, Thanos now has durability greater than the multiverse. Galactus almost destroyed Thanos with all his shields up in one shot. Odin failed to put him down in six or seven pages. Galactus>>Odin. Its pretty much understood.

Thanos was able to charge through Odins blast and shrug some of them off like nothing. Thanos also did little damage to Galactus. If you read the comic youd understand even though it launched him it didnt really injure him. wink

Thanos also took Odins crap for a while. While Thanos looked worse from one Galactus shot. Thanos confronted Galactus after his final upgrade.

Point is he wanted to put Thanos down bottom line. Galactus fought Tyrant but his ship remained intact. Collateral damage doesnt mean that they werent going all out friend. stick out tongue

Silent Master
Tyrant absorbs his energy blasts. In their battle Galactus resorted to tech and Tyrant countered. Again standing up to Tyrant is more impressive than standing up to Odin imo.

IOW, there were multiple circumstances involved in the Tyrant vs Galactus fight that were missing from the Tyrant vs Thanos fight. Which means you can't use one as proof of how impressive the other was.

Now, since the summary I found was correct about Tyrant absorbing his energy, was it also correct that Galactus was starving?

lannfear
Against Odin at his best?...thanos is toast.....unless he uses Ig..Hotu

cheers
rock

quanchi112
IOW, there were multiple circumstances involved in the Tyrant vs Galactus fight that were missing from the Tyrant vs Thanos fight. Which means you can't use one as proof of how impressive the other was.

Now, since the summary I found was correct about Tyrant absorbing his energy, was it also correct that Galactus was starving? No he just recently was fed.

Silent Master
Do you have scans?

thtadthtshldntb
Galactus almost destroyed Thanos with all his shields up in one shot.

So Galactus opened with a stronger shot than Odin did,

Odin failed to put him down in six or seven pages. Galactus>>Odin. Its pretty much understood.

Odin asked him to yield and assumed that he would, but obviously Thanos did not. Odin's comments indicate that he was impressed that Thanos had the willpower to fight him

Thanos was able to charge through Odins blast and shrug some of them off like nothing.

Except for him looking like a wreck, when he got back to his feet.

Thanos also did little damage to Galactus. If you read the comic youd understand even though it launched him it didnt really injure him. wink

Ummm Quan, he moved him. Thanos could not even disturb Odin's beard in that fight.

Thanos also took Odins crap for a while. While Thanos looked worse from one Galactus shot. Thanos confronted Galactus after his final upgrade.

All this indicates is that Odin was not going all out.

Point is he wanted to put Thanos down bottom line. Galactus fought Tyrant but his ship remained intact. Collateral damage doesnt mean that they werent going all out friend. stick out tongue

Odin treated Thanos like a petulant child. He kept using minimal minimal amounts of force to get the child to behave, and then at the end he snapped, and was probably about to bend Thanos over his knee for the big smackdown.

Odin destroys galaxies as a side effect of his most powerful attacks, ie as collateral damage.

I like and generally respect Thanos as a character but is not in terms of his powerset or his feats in Odin's class. That's all there is to it.

Thanos is in Odin's class prep wise, at least in the same general range, ie in terms of intellect, but that is about as far as I would go.

llagrok
Odin acted somewhat out of character, it's not like him to suddenly assault the Surfer or Warlock.

quanchi112
Do you have scans? yes but I am too lazy right now. Know that it happened.

quanchi112
So Galactus opened with a stronger shot than Odin did,

Odin asked him to yield and assumed that he would, but obviously Thanos did not. Odin's comments indicate that he was impressed that Thanos had the willpower to fight him

Except for him looking like a wreck, when he got back to his feet.

Ummm Quan, he moved him. Thanos could not even disturb Odin's beard in that fight.

All this indicates is that Odin was not going all out.

Odin treated Thanos like a petulant child. He kept using minimal minimal amounts of force to get the child to behave, and then at the end he snapped, and was probably about to bend Thanos over his knee for the big smackdown.

Odin destroys galaxies as a side effect of his most powerful attacks, ie as collateral damage.

I like and generally respect Thanos as a character but is not in terms of his powerset or his feats in Odin's class. That's all there is to it.

Thanos is in Odin's class prep wise, at least in the same general range, ie in terms of intellect, but that is about as far as I would go. Galactus is abstract level while Odin is a skyfather. Its that simple.

Odins comments indicate he thought Thanos was defeated and after he saluted him as an opponent gave him the option of yielding to which he said no.

Thanos was fine and his clothes were only singed. wink

Uhm sorry but Thanos was charing through Odind blasts and bumrushing the guy easily. He first blast looked like it didnt even affect Thanos at atll. Context.

Quit speculating. Odin was trying to put Thanos down simple as that.

Thanos blows him out of the water with prepskills and overall intelligence and could defeat him in combat.

quanchi112
Originally posted by llagrok
Odin acted somewhat out of character, it's not like him to suddenly assault the Surfer or Warlock. He assaulted them because they came to Odin with his son and with Thanos.

quanchi112
Silent Master pay attention to these scans. this shows Galactus was well fed off a planet ripe with biosphere energies as I said. I also left something out. Tyrant actually was weakened from this because each and every planet Galactus feeds off of weakens Tyrant. So if anything Tyrant was slightly weaker during their battle. I win.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3106p08.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3106p10.jpg

mrbigguy
Odin himself states that Thanos's reserves and his are similar and "nearly limitless". He continues by saying that he would triumph not because Thanos's power and might were inconsequential but because his powers are divine and mystic. Thanos next blast appears to stagger Odin and a few moments after that point is when Odin calls upon Gugnir. Also may I add it wasn't until after Odin's final assult did Thanos appear to have any signs of physical damage and that was to just his clothes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by mrbigguy
Odin himself states that Thanos's reserves and his are similar and "nearly limitless. He continues by saying that he would triumph not because Thanos's power and might were inconsequential but because his powers are divine and mystic. Thanos next blast appears to stagger Odin at a few moments after that point is when Odin calls upon Gugnir. Also may I add it wasn't until after Odin's final assult did Thanos appear to have any signs of phsical damage and that was to just his clothes. Thanos was fine and his clothes were singed is all. I mean Odin couldnt even destroy his clothing yet I am supposed to believe Thanos was almost defeated. Yeah right. Thanos had a lot more left in the tank.

This was before Thanos became even more powerful I might add.

The Great Galen
Galaxy busting blast ftw, again when has thanos ever stood up to such a attack. Last time I checked, Thanos has winced in pain from a black hole.

quanchi112
Galaxy busting blast ftw, again when has thanos ever stood up to such a attack. Last time I checked, Thanos has winced in pain from a black hole. Odin couldnt even destroy Thanos' shirt with his blasts. Black holes dont do a thing to Thanos either.

The Great Galen
Right....but I guess Wolverines claws do eh. Such bad trolling...quan you've lost all respect during the course of this thread and I advise u to plz stop. Odin never hurled his galaxy busters at Thanos and on top of that thanos was strugglinh to stand up. ODIN FTW

quanchi112
Right....but I guess Wolverines claws do eh. Such bad trolling...quan you've lost all respect during the course of this thread and I advise u to plz stop. Odin never hurled his galaxy busters at Thanos and on top of that thanos was strugglinh to stand up. ODIN FTW Thanos wasnt phased by Wolverine. Your opinion matters not and I am welcome to mine thank you very much.

Odin tried and couldnt even put Thanos down and he had more than enough time to do it. Thanos ftw.

Silent Master
We were talking about the fight and Galactus' condition when I asked for scans, I don't see a fight in the scans you posted.

quanchi112
We were talking about the fight and Galactus' condition when I asked for scans, I don't see a fight in the scans you posted. This is right before the Tyrant Galactus fight where you claimed Galactus was starving. stick out tongue

celestialdemon

Credit Mr. M for the find.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tyrantmorgzc7.jpg

Silent Master
This is right before the Tyrant Galactus fight where you claimed Galactus was starving. stick out tongue

Lying isn't going to help your case, I never claimed anything regarding his condition, I said that I didn't have the issue so I looked it up and then I asked if what I found was correct.

Also, I notice that you still haven't posted scans of the fight.

quanchi112
Lying isn't going to help your case, I never claimed anything regarding his condition, I said that I didn't have the issue so I looked it up and then I asked if what I found was correct.

Also, I notice that you still haven't posted scans of the fight. Huh?

You mean you never claimed anything about him starving?

I posted scans of the battle time and time again. tyrant absorbed his energy and then countered his tech assault.

quanchi112

Now, since the summary I found was correct about Tyrant absorbing his energy, was it also correct that Galactus was starving? Right here in the quote where you asked if Galactus was starving.

Silent Master
There is a rather large difference between asking if he was starving and claiming that he was starving.

D-Block
Odin FTW.

deadspeak25
There is a rather large difference between asking if he was starving and claiming that he was starving.

True.

Mindset
lmao

Ouallada
Credit Mr. M for the find.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tyrantmorgzc7.jpg

Thanks mate.

Lord Prime
Odin FTW

quanchi112
There is a rather large difference between asking if he was starving and claiming that he was starving. laughing out loud

My scan said he was extremely well fed. Tyrant was weaker for their battle and he was winning. Galactus was at the top of his game ready to battle Tyrant.

Silent Master
Maybe you can explain this to me, first you accuse me of making a claim

This is right before the Tyrant Galactus fight where you claimed Galactus was starving. stick out tongue

I then correct you and you respond by posting random babble.

quanchi112
Maybe you can explain this to me, first you accuse me of making a claim

I then correct you and you respond by posting random babble. Again I proved Galactus was at his best. regardless you cant claim he was weakened or was sneak attacked. Ill post the scans for ya now.

quanchi112
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3108p08.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3108p09.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3108p13-1.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3108p21-2.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3108p22-1.jpg

Silent Master
Since when does knocking someone down equal winning the fight, Galactus hardly looks beaten in those scans.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>