Spiderman Rogues vs. Batman Rogues

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
All Spider-Man villians based in New York vs. All batman villains based in Gotham.

The victorious team must have killed or at least permanently incapacitated every single member of the other team.

psycho gundam
electro soloes

psycho gundam
edit

Metalmanx
Spidey's, in my opinion.

Venom, Carnage, Rhino, Hydroman, Shocker, Mysterio, Sandman, Lizard, Spot, Green Goblin(s), Hobgoblin(s), Electro, Doc Ock, Speed Demon, Puma, Doppleganger, Black Tarantula...to name a few.

Scoobless
lol @ Rhino, Spot and Shocker.

stick out tongue

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Spidey's, in my opinion.

Venom, Carnage, Rhino, Hydroman, Shocker, Mysterio, Sandman, Lizard, Spot, Green Goblin(s), Hobgoblin(s), Electro, Doc Ock, Speed Demon, Puma, Doppleganger, Black Tarantula...to name a few. vulture, shriek, doppleganger, chance, tombstone, vermin,
the inforcers, calypso, kraven the hunter (1&2), scorpion, tarantula, moltan man, kaine, kingpin, chameleon, hammerhead, boomerang, strike back, miles warren, carrion, stegron the dinosaur man, smyth, swarm, trapster, all the symbiots, spider-slayers etc.

Premutos
Rhino soloes.

Then Electro insta-kills any survivors, like this:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1913/el1fn3.jpg

Scoobless
You forgot the deadliest of them all.....

wait for it..............

The Mighty STILT MAN!!!!

stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Spider-man has a good Rogue gallery, a lot of his villains are his superior and he wins via luck, a heroic "never say die" attitude and intelligence... on the other hand the majority of Batman's rogues are mooks that are flat out inferior to Batman. This is kind of a mismatch.

TrollDog
Originally posted by Scoobless
You forgot the deadliest of them all.....

wait for it..............

The Mighty STILT MAN!!!!

stick out tongue laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud cool

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Spider-man has a good Rogue gallery, a lot of his villains are his superior and he wins via luck, a heroic "never say die" attitude and intelligence... on the other hand the majority of Batman's rogues are mooks that are flat out inferior to Batman. This is kind of a mismatch.

............How many Batman stories do you read? erm Sure, some of them are inferior and losers. But Batman doesn't have super powers. And quite a few of his villains are people who are infinitely more dangerous than Spidey's rogue's gallery.

Straight fight, of course Spidey's guys trounce. They're just a circus act of super powered maniacs and mercs.

But give Batman's guys prep time or equipment, and they would destroy spidey's.

I don't give Spiderman a prayer against the Joker if Joker has prep.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
............How many Batman stories do you read? erm Sure, some of them are inferior and losers. But Batman doesn't have super powers. And quite a few of his villains are people who are infinitely more dangerous than Spidey's rogue's gallery.

Straight fight, of course Spidey's guys trounce. They're just a circus act of super powered maniacs and mercs.

But give Batman's guys prep time or equipment, and they would destroy spidey's.

I don't give Spiderman a prayer against the Joker if Joker has prep.

Sure Batman has the odd powerful villain like Poison Ivy, Clayface or Killer Croc (who isn't even all that powerful) but the majority, THE VAST MAJORITY, of his rogue gallery is comprised of guys who are super-smart (but not as smart as Batman) or super skilled (but again... not as skilled as Batman).

golem370
Here is a list of Spider-Man villains

Villains- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Spiderman.asp

TricksterPriest
Sure Batman has the odd powerful villain like Poison Ivy, Clayface or Killer Croc (who isn't even all that powerful) but the majority, THE VAST MAJORITY, of his rogue gallery is comprised of guys who are super-smart (but not as smart as Batman) or super skilled (but again... not as skilled as Batman).

Agreed for the most part. But there are actually a few guys on his level in both skill and intellect. And one who exceeds him.

Bane, Ra's Al Ghul, Prometheus and of course, Joker. Joker is the one who exceeds him.

Like I said, Spidey isn't prepared to take on psychos like this. He deals with straight up villains, not escapees from Arkham or megalomaniacs.

Straight fight: Spidey rogues stomp.
Prep/equipment: Batman rogues stomp.

Strictly speaking, Batman has probably the toughest rogues gallery around. This is speaking in terms of difficulty for the hero.

Scoobless
Even with prep I doubt Batman's villains could win (unless it was a huge amount of one sided prep)

Metalmanx
The Mighty STILT MAN!!!!

stick out tongue

...He's dead. no expression

Ass.

stick out tongue

Metalmanx
Agreed for the most part. But there are actually a few guys on his level in both skill and intellect. And one who exceeds him.

Bane, Ra's Al Ghul, Prometheus and of course, Joker. Joker is the one who exceeds him.

Like I said, Spidey isn't prepared to take on psychos like this. He deals with straight up villains, not escapees from Arkham or megalomaniacs.

Strictly speaking, Batman has probably the toughest rogues gallery around. This is speaking in terms of difficulty for the hero.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the Joker and such, but don't make it sound like Spidey's never faced such an opponent. The Green Goblin is essentially Spidey's Joker. Aside from his physical abilities, his greatest threat to Peter are his ridiculously complex plans and his constantly putting Peter's loved ones in danger. His stories are always crazy and you never know what will happen, just like when Batman goes against the Joker.

Just saying.

llagrok

Superman's gallery eclipses batman's by far no expression

spetznaz
Don't get me wrong, I respect the Joker and such, but don't make it sound like Spidey's never faced such an opponent. The Green Goblin is essentially Spidey's Joker. Aside from his physical abilities, his greatest threat to Peter are his ridiculously complex plans and his constantly putting Peter's loved ones in danger. His stories are always crazy and you never know what will happen, just like when Batman goes against the Joker.

Just saying.

Don't get me wrong ....I also think that Spiderman's villains have an edge, particularly when it comes to the raw power quotient (where the average Spidey villain packs higher octane than the typical Bruce villain ....with exceptions, some major, here and there ....and in at least one case a total turnaround if you include someone like BatMite into the mix). While with time to come up with a proper plan the Bruce villains (e.g. Hush or al Ghul) could come up with something nasty, a straight up fight would lead to the Spidey villains winning.

However, my reason for posting is to bring up something you said ....about the Green Goblin being Spiderman's Joker. I understand what you mean, and i agree .....that GG is basically analogous to the Joker.

However that brings up a point i want to raise (even if you ignore exceptions like Batmite, or Poison Ivy) ......imagine your family is on the line, and the following scenario comes up:

i) Green Goblin is coming after them.
ii) The Joker is coming after them.

I know which one would make me worry the most.

Or, another example: Killer Croc coming after you, or the Rhino. Rhino is more powerful, but I'd personally rather him than some dude who would love nothing more than dragging me into a sewer for a 'snack.'

Or take the HobGoblin ....and imagine having him OR the Scarecrow coming after you.

Or imagine having the Punisher (who, though not a villain, has faced off against Spidey) coming after you, OR the villain Hush. Now, I know most people will immediately say Frank Castle is worse, and to be honest Frank can introduce you to new levels of pain. BUT, CONSIDER the fact that Hush is so cerebral that he will probably (when it is all over) make you murder YOUR own family via one of his stratagems, and then kill yourself in remorse. The physical pain may not match Frank Castle's levels, but you will be wishing it was Frank.

I could go on and on .....while Spidey's villains are, on average (and removing certain characters that would instantly give Bruce a MAJOR villain amp), 'more powerful,' there is a certain innate 'lethality' in the Bat-villains that lacks in Spidey villains.

Which may be partly due to writing ....for instance Electro would be a major villain in the DCU, but he jobs more than Rhino (it is just that most people pick on Rhino, but in terms of jobbing Electro is a class-A villain who is made to look like a Class-C joke of a perp).

Anyways, in terms of power Spidey villains win (if you do not include folks like Bat-mite), but I know I'd rather have the Rhino charging at my front door in a blaring murderous rage, than have a smiling gleeful Joker holding a passport photograph of myself 3,000 miles away........

Blax_Hydralisk
In half those instances, I'd prefer Batman's villains. no expression

Scoobless
...He's dead. no expression

Ass.

stick out tongue

That's just what he wants you to think.....

shifty

Metalmanx
Originally posted by spetznaz
Don't get me wrong ....I also think that Spiderman's villains have an edge, particularly when it comes to the raw power quotient (where the average Spidey villain packs higher octane than the typical Bruce villain ....with exceptions, some major, here and there ....and in at least one case a total turnaround if you include someone like BatMite into the mix). While with time to come up with a proper plan the Bruce villains (e.g. Hush or al Ghul) could come up with something nasty, a straight up fight would lead to the Spidey villains winning.

However, my reason for posting is to bring up something you said ....about the Green Goblin being Spiderman's Joker. I understand what you mean, and i agree .....that GG is basically analogous to the Joker.

However that brings up a point i want to raise (even if you ignore exceptions like Batmite, or Poison Ivy) ......imagine your family is on the line, and the following scenario comes up:

i) Green Goblin is coming after them.
ii) The Joker is coming after them.

I know which one would make me worry the most.

Or, another example: Killer Croc coming after you, or the Rhino. Rhino is more powerful, but I'd personally rather him than some dude who would love nothing more than dragging me into a sewer for a 'snack.'

Or take the HobGoblin ....and imagine having him OR the Scarecrow coming after you.

Or imagine having the Punisher (who, though not a villain, has faced off against Spidey) coming after you, OR the villain Hush. Now, I know most people will immediately say Frank Castle is worse, and to be honest Frank can introduce you to new levels of pain. BUT, CONSIDER the fact that Hush is so cerebral that he will probably (when it is all over) make you murder YOUR own family via one of his stratagems, and then kill yourself in remorse. The physical pain may not match Frank Castle's levels, but you will be wishing it was Frank.

I could go on and on .....while Spidey's villains are, on average (and removing certain characters that would instantly give Bruce a MAJOR villain amp), 'more powerful,' there is a certain innate 'lethality' in the Bat-villains that lacks in Spidey villains.

Which may be partly due to writing ....for instance Electro would be a major villain in the DCU, but he jobs more than Rhino (it is just that most people pick on Rhino, but in terms of jobbing Electro is a class-A villain who is made to look like a Class-C joke of a perp).

Anyways, in terms of power Spidey villains win (if you do not include folks like Bat-mite), but I know I'd rather have the Rhino charging at my front door in a blaring murderous rage, than have a smiling gleeful Joker holding a passport photograph of myself 3,000 miles away........

All very sound and logical. Can't really argue with that. smile

Scoobless
At least with the Joker you have a chance at escaping or even beating him ... If Venom wants you dead you're f**ked.

Erik-Lensherr
Anyone who has pretty much basic knowledge of the Batman universe would know that most of his villains aren't all that powerfull when it comes to one on one combat compared to Venom and such. In most cases, they are psihological villains who rely more on thier brains than brawns.

carnage52
batman villans are made to be frightnening wheras spideys are made for big heroic fights with lots of explosions.take electro hes incrediably powerful but he doesnt scare me i know spidey is going to come by and defeat him whereas when the joker has just murderd your family your families freinds and everyone whos ever been to their house for dinner i begin to wish that maxwell dillion would come by and just overload my brain.instead of being beaten to death with a crowbar in a warehouse decorated like willy wonkas factory by an acid scarred maniac.

Premutos
I agree that the Joker is scarier, but not MUCH scarier. I mean, if the Joker dislikes you he'd probably go to you house and kill you and your family in some bizarre, sadistic way. But OTOH if you rub Max Dillon the wrong way he could blow up the entire neighborhood, and that's not cool either.

batdude123
Jesus Christ... Poison Ivy anyone?

Premutos
Originally posted by batdude123
Jesus Christ... Poison Ivy anyone?

Would the Spider-slayers be affected by her powers? Being robots and stuff? big grin

Scoobless
Originally posted by Premutos
Would the Spider-slayers be affected by her powers? Being robots and stuff? big grin

And symbiotes are asexual (she only affects males ... right?)

batdude123

False.

Scoobless
What do I know, I don't read Batman comics.

What can she do then?

srankmissingnin

No but they are alien, and she needed kryptonite for her pheromones to affect Superman. Who can say what kind of effect she'd have on Venom?

batdude123
What do I know, I don't read Batman comics.

What can she do then?

She's an elemental of the green, and is damn-near (if not, completely) immortal on Earth.

No but they are alien, and she needed kryptonite for her pheromones to affect Superman. Who can say what kind of effect she'd have on Venom?

Because mind control is her only option?

srankmissingnin
She's an elemental of the green, and is damn-near (if not, completely) immortal on Earth.

I guess she could try feeding him to a plant or attacking him with toxins... don't imagine either will be very effective though. evil face

batdude123
I guess she could try feeding him to a plant or attacking him with toxins... don't imagine either will be very effective though. evil face

idiot

Premutos

No, but it's probably her best option.

Her mind control powers are pheromone-based, not telepathy-based. This means that they can affect Electro, so she only has to mind control him into changing sides and he would solo the rest of Spidey's Rogues Gallery, INCLUDING the Spider-slayers.

Knowing Max Dillon, maybe she doesn't even have to mind control him cool

Juk3n

But thats only because he JUST..peak Human
Spidey rogues are all well...they range up to 85 tonners (maybe 100 for Rhino, not 100%)

And technically, all of Batman rogues "prep" is made to deal with the likes of Bats himself, no where near a REAL heavy hitter.

Marvel STOMP
and with prep Marvel just stomp a little slower.

-2 cents-

Scoobless

Spot FTW then.

stick out tongue

batdude123
Spot FTW then.

stick out tongue

no expression

srankmissingnin
Give me a gas mask, an underground bunker and a shotgun full of rocksalt and I can down Poison Ivy! /flex

evil face

batdude123
Give me a gas mask, an underground bunker and a shotgun full of rocksalt and I can down Poison Ivy! /flex

evil face

No! pfft

srankmissingnin
No! pfft

Yah-huh sad

Scoobless
You know who Carrion is?

Zeitgeist
Poison Ivy's crazy powerful nowadays...

Bouboumaster
I prefer Batman's rogue. I love Two-Face. But Spidey's gallery shit stomp Batman's, with or without prep.

spetznaz
In the sheer power category, wouldn't Bat-Mite simply wink all of the Spidey villains into possies and daffodils?

He is basically Mr Mxypltk!

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by spetznaz
In the sheer power category, wouldn't Bat-Mite simply wink all of the Spidey villains into possies and daffodils?

He is basically Mr Mxypltk!

Yes but I don't think he is a memeber of Batman's Rogue gallery... he isn't even a villain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.