Insane Genis Vell vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindset
Post Crisis Supes

Normal versions (no sundip)

guy222
Insane Genis

leonheartmm
any version of genis destroys superman.

janus77
spite.

celestialdemon
Superman stands no chance against Insane Genis Vell.

Galan007
Genis is overrated. ermm

Entity
Originally posted by Galan007
Genis is overrated. ermm No where near as much as Clark

Galan007
Originally posted by Entity
No where near as much as Clark Clark's overrated-ness is entirely dependent on the fanboy you're talking to. stick out tongue

Phantom Zone
Speedblitz FTW

Entity
Clark's overrated-ness is entirely dependent on the fanboy you're talking to. stick out tongue true but I was speaking of the general consensus to the character.

Galan007
true but I was speaking of the general consensus to the character. I'm in the middle with Clark. I feel as though he's extremely underrated by some. Yet much too overrated by others. *shrugs*

nimbus006
I'm in the middle with Clark. I feel as though he's extremely underrated by some. Yet much too overrated by others. *shrugs*

Absolutely, but that's naturally what's going to happen with such a popular character.

The "fanboys" who " love"him will overrate him, and the people who "hate" him will underrate him. It's the unbiased class in the middle who gauge his power set accurately.

Mindset
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Speedblitz FTW

No, not really.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by leonheartmm
any version of genis destroys superman. yes

starlock
Originally posted by The Illuminati
yes

I will take superman over legacy...first issues...easy stick out tongue

quanchi112
No where near as much as Clark Agreed.

guy222
poor supes

Slaanesh
supes die..

Naija boy
genis easy.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by nimbus006
Absolutely, but that's naturally what's going to happen with such a popular character.

The "fanboys" who " love"him will overrate him, and the people who "hate" him will underrate him. It's the unbiased class in the middle who gauge his power set accurately.

I've seen more low balling and deliberate bias agaisnt Supes on this board then I have seen against any other character to be honest. I think the issue is people would rather debate powersets and keep feats a a distance 3rd, in this particular example I feel genis is extremly overrated(as in he can take kingdom gog LMAO)but regardless, he does take the majority.

TheBadguy
Clark gets raped

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Great Galen
I've seen more low balling and deliberate bias agaisnt Supes on this board then I have seen against any other character to be honest. I think the issue is people would rather debate powersets and keep feats a a distance 3rd, in this particular example I feel genis is extremly overrated(as in he can take kingdom gog LMAO)but regardless, he does take the majority. Does he lose a single matchup?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by quanchi112
Does he lose a single matchup?

Probably not, Genis comes off as a higher trans with impressive versatility and no CIS.

Mrblonde
Probably not, Genis comes off as a higher trans with impressive versatility and no CIS.

HAHA that's funny...Insane Vell rapes Cosmic awareness FTW

The Great Galen
What's funny?

Mrblonde
What's funny?

That you think Supes dosen't lose a single fight to Genis

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Mrblonde
That you think Supes dosen't lose a single fight to Genis

What the f**k? Completely over your head, huh? He just said Genis doesn't lose a single match, not Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic) Bakyame....

zeel
I've seen more low balling and deliberate bias agaisnt Supes on this board then I have seen against any other character to be honest. I think the issue is people would rather debate powersets and keep feats a a distance 3rd, in this particular example I feel genis is extremly overrated(as in he can take kingdom gog LMAO)but regardless, he does take the majority.

And i have seen more superman fanboys thinking supes physical strength's can power through (ZERG) anything. IF i remember correctly your the one that said superman had a chance against Odin. I do agree with you there are alot of people that bash supes but there are more people that butter him up to more then he really is . Supes is a brawler. He has no real abilities othjer then beating things up. He has no matter manipulation abilities. No magical powers. No wepons of any sort. He has nothing but pure brute strength and raw speed. Hes a excellent brawl among the best D.C. has to offer.

But nothing more.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by zeel
And i have seen more superman fanboys thinking supes physical strength's can power through (ZERG) anything. IF i remember correctly your the one that said superman had a chance against Odin. I do agree with you there are alot of people that bash supes but there are more people that butter him up to more then he really is . Supes is a brawler. He has no real abilities othjer then beating things up. He has no matter manipulation abilities. No magical powers. No wepons of any sort. He has nothing but pure brute strength and raw speed. Hes a excellent brawl among the best D.C. has to offer.

But nothing more.

Vehemently disagree with your entire post. thumb down Galen may be a fanboy.

But you are drastically lowballing Superman. Never assume magic or weapons or matter/energy manip gets you a win against him. Because there are thousands of examples that prove that wrong. And he's quite abit more than a brawler. No other character makes such incredible use of a so-called limited powerset. He is more than raw speed and brute strength.

As for Superman vs. Odin, I am the one who said he'd have a good shot against him with a sundip. roll eyes (sarcastic) And I could easily have claimed he'd win outright and be justified. wink

Blight
I don't know about easily, but Genis does win. Does everyone on this forum act like Superman can be beaten by Snapper Carr?

Avlon
Supes is a brawler. He has no real abilities othjer then beating things up. He has no matter manipulation abilities. No magical powers. No wepons of any sort. He has nothing but pure brute strength and raw speed. Hes a excellent brawl among the best D.C. has to offer.

But nothing more.

So the various visions (heat, force, telescopic, xray, soul, etc.)

Flight.

Ice breath.

Torquasm Vo/Rao and the abilities they bring (enhanced healing, power stealing, reality warp, etc.)

Enhanced healing.

Illusion casting.

Super hearing.

Able to see and hear the EM spectrum.

Sonics.

Intangibility.

Invisibility.

Don't exist?

Blight
Originally posted by Avlon

Flight.

Ice breath.

Torquasm Vo/Rao and the abilities they bring (enhanced healing, power stealing, reality warp, etc.)

Enhanced healing.

Illusion casting.

Super hearing.

Sonics.

Intangibility.

Invisibility.

Don't exist? Don't forget Masonry Vision, his greatest asset yes

zeel
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

But you are drastically lowballing Superman. Never assume magic or weapons or matter/energy manip gets you a win against him. Because there are thousands of examples that prove that wrong. And he's quite abit more than a brawler. No other character makes such incredible use of a so-called limited powerset. He is more than raw speed and brute strength.

You talk as if superman is a real person, hes not. Those thousand's of examples made D.C. alot of cash thats why he won them. Supes wins fights all the time he shouldnt. And why is he much more then a brawler? Sundipped or not. He has the same weaknesses and same abilities. He's just a amped version of himself. PLease dont start posting Physical strength feats regaurdless of how impressive they are. It takes more then strength to win a fight. If superman was written on a unbias level hed lose a hell of alot more often then he does. I look forward to the day were D.C. gives superman abilities like eradicator. make him a more well balanced hero and make some of his rediculous feats actually look believale. And sundipping is considered a amp if you compare a sundipped supes to say like captian marvel, you need to compare him to a amped captian marvel. If you do not your lowballing captian marvel and putting him in a situation thats not winable. The DOV version of captian marvel vs a sundipped supes would be a great fight indeed. I know sometimes it might look like i down supes alot. HE and captian marvel and thor for that matter are among my favorite toons.

As for Superman vs. Odin, I am the one who said he'd have a good shot against him with a sundip. roll eyes (sarcastic) And I could easily have claimed he'd win outright and be justified. wink

Blight
^^^ Um....... alright.^^^

TricksterPriest
Zeel, you are at least as biased as Quan when it comes to Superman. thumb down

Blight
Or Even Xmeat

zeel

Flight.

Ice breath.

Enhanced healing.

Illusion casting.

Super hearing.

Sonics.

Intangibility.

Invisibility.

Don't exist?

wasnt aware that regular supes had the ability to become invisible at will OR intangible for that matter. And as for the ability to create illusions well i wasnt not aware of that either. As for the rest such as ice breath ( this is nothing new or important in a fight. Heat vision is nothing to types like captian marvel. And flight, well lots of bricks can fly. Super hearing confused Not going to win ya that fight there. The enhanced healing goes with the physical factor. There are other power houses that have a healing factor thats greatly increased to.

Now eradicator thats what superman should be. that guys is everything supes is combined with sulver surfer.

zeel
Zeel, you are at least as biased as Quan when it comes to Superman. thumb down

NOt at all ill put my money on supes in a fight over almost anyone if its pure PHYSICAL. nothing else is alowed.

Blight
wasnt aware that regular supes had the ability to become invisible at will OR intangibe for that matter. And as for the ability to create illusions well i wasnt not aware of that either. As for the rest such as ice breath ( this is nothing new or important in a fight. Heat vision is nothing to types like captian marvel. And flight, well lots of bricks can fly. Super hearing confused Not going to win ya that fight there. The enhanced healing goes with the physical factor. There are other power houses that have a healing factor thats greatly increased to.

Now eradicator thats what superman should be. that guys is everything supes is combined with sulver surfer. You act like Superman is Luke Cage with a wimpy body shield.

Blight
Originally posted by TheBadguy
Clark gets raped No he doesn't. That is SO out of character for Genis to just Rape someone.. He's not even gay!

iceman24567
Originally posted by Blight
You act like Superman is Luke Cage with a wimpy body shield. laughing

Avlon
wasnt aware that regular supes had the ability to become invisible at will OR intangible for that matter.

He can and has.

And as for the ability to create illusions well i wasnt not aware of that either.

Knowing is half the battle my friend.

As for the rest such as ice breath ( this is nothing new or important in a fight.

He's frozen a planet with it...
Encased many villains in ice and ended battles with it.

Heat vision is nothing to types like captian marvel.

CM doesn't have HV, and Supes rarely ever uses it at full force. Black Rock, Bizarro, and Despero are just some examples of when he stops holding back with it.

And flight, well lots of bricks can fly.

A lot can, but a lot also can't. A lot also don't have Supes versatility.

Super hearing confused Not going to win ya that fight there.

It's a great ability both in and out of battle.

The enhanced healing goes with the physical factor. There are other power houses that have a healing factor thats greatly increased to.

Not really. Plenty of bricks don't have supercharged healing.

Now eradicator thats what superman should be. that guys is everything supes is combined with sulver surfer.

Erads is an awesome but underutilized character.

Supes can be a brick, but he's got more than enough to break that stereotype. Especially when he combined his abilities. I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten.

Mindset
So who in your opinion wins, Avlon?

The Great Galen
He can and has.

Knowing is half the battle my friend.

He's frozen a planet with it...
Encased many villains in ice and ended battles with it.

CM doesn't have HV, and Supes rarely ever uses it at full force. Black Rock, Bizarro, and Despero are just some examples of when he stops holding back with it.

A lot can, but a lot also can't. A lot also don't have Supes versatility.

It's a great ability both in and out of battle.

Not really. Plenty of bricks don't have supercharged healing.

Erads is an awesome but underutilized character.

Supes can be a brick, but he's got more than enough to break that stereotype. Especially when he combined his abilities. I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten.

Funny how Supes is considered a brick even inspite of "spidey level"athletics and travel speed/combat speed only second to flash.

Naija boy

Actually, galen did claim superman has a good shot against odin. If i remeber correctly it as without a sundip( not that it matters)

shokosugi
Supes beats the heck out of Insane Genis

Mindset
Originally posted by shokosugi
Supes beats the heck out of Insane Genis How?

Slaanesh
don't listen to him

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slaanesh
don't listen to him Cosigned.

Zack Fair
Soul Vision FTW >>

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Naija boy
Actually, galen did claim superman has a good shot against odin. If i remeber correctly it as without a sundip( not that it matters)

And you claimed SS has flash/supes/Wonder Woman level combat speed lol

Naija boy
And you claimed SS has flash/supes/Wonder Woman level combat speed lol

And?(even though i never said he was equal to flash) There are even some credible superman fans (those who actually read his comics) that agree with that as well as many others. Do u actually want to compare that to how many people(even superman fans) believe that regular superman can beat Odin? lulz. An even more foolish reply than i expected.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Naija boy
And?(even though i never said he was equal to flash) There are even some credible superman fans (those who actually read his comics) that agree with that as well as many others. Do u actually want to compare that to how many people(even superman fans) believe that regular superman can beat Odin? lulz. An even more foolish reply than i expected.

So you just confirmed that u believe SS has the same combat speed as supes even inspite of....well what evidence. When u brought the argument all u were able to concede on was that SS can fly fast and shoot blast during flight...I can't believe u would go back on ur own opinion and claim something that has no merit lol.

Nihilist
Genis

TheBadguy
Wolverine

Naija boy
So you just confirmed that u believe SS has the same combat speed as supes even inspite of....well what evidence. When u brought the argument all u were able to concede on was that SS can fly fast and shoot blast during flight...I can't believe u would go back on ur own opinion and claim something that has no merit lol.

lulz. U dont even make sense. I conceded that SS can fly fast and shoot blast? eek! laughing out loud Do u even know the meaning of concede? And now im going back on my own opinion? the one that i supposedly conceded? and of all people to you? My god. Do u think at all?

Avlon
Originally posted by Mindset
So who in your opinion wins, Avlon?

From what I've heard...Insane Genis.

He sounds like what Captain Atom is at his highest levels.

snyper1982

Hey I am a Superman fan, and I believe that SS has FTL combat speed. I find it retarded that characters who traverse galaxies under their own power aren't considered as having FTL reflexes. I find it even more retarded that a character who has FTL speed and reflexes, which are innate abilities, can't use said abilities in a fight unless they have shown they are capable of it on panel. Anyone who traverses galaxies IMHO has FTL combat speed. This is of course only my opinion, and I am not going to debate it.

Raoul
the general consensus seems to say that this is a spite thread, so i'm closing it as such.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.