Aragorn vs Legolas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skywalker833
These two are both great fighters. Who would win?

thefallen544
Personally, I'd go with Aragorn. It can be argued either way but I based my decision on:
Tolkien states that Legolas accomplished least out of the Fellowship.

Aragorn, whilst not an Elf was trained by them and lived a hard and demanding life as a Ranger.

Aragorn had served both Gondor and Rohan under the alias of Thorongil, before Theoden and Denethor had become rulers. Meaning he probably had extensive combat experience.

But of course, Legolas was skilled certainly.

skywalker833
Yeah, I agree. Legolas is definitely skilled, but Aragorn is probably a better fighter than him.

CPT Space Bomb
Aragorn in a curb-stomp.

As I stated earlier, Tolkien even said that Legolas accomplished the least of all the Fellowship. He was good, but Gimli beat him in the Battle of Helm's Deep. Aragorn would annihilate him. The only reason people think Legolas is the best is due to the over-hyped movie version.

Robtard
Legoals killed a fell beast with one shot in the books, that certainly isn't an easy task. Unless you want to dismiss that as luck, the Elf has some serious skills.

thefallen544
Whilst his Elven eyesight and archery skills cannot be questioned, Legolas did possess one of the bows of the Galadhrim.

It is unlikley he could have made such a shot with his Mirkwood bow. Although, I do think that if given the range Legolas would be formidable against Aragorn. Up close, I don't think he's as good.

ESB -1138
Up close Aragon takes this. Legolas would more then likely take it from far off due to his elf eyes.

Hewhoknowsall
Legolas could just shoot Aragorn in the face and win. There is NO way Aragorn is dodging it. In fact, a lowly goblin archer is theoretically superior to Aragorn.

Hewhoknowsall
Correcting.... no, a goblin archer isn't because Boromir withstood way more than 1 arrow.

Aule
Another indicator of Aragorns "skill" as it were...or luck is that at the Battle of Pelennor I'm pretty sure it is only Aragorn, Imrahil and Eomer who are listed as having fought through the entire battle and not recieved a single wound.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Aule
Another indicator of Aragorns "skill" as it were...or luck is that at the Battle of Pelennor I'm pretty sure it is only Aragorn, Imrahil and Eomer who are listed as having fought through the entire battle and not recieved a single wound.

Most soldiers in the USA army don't die, so does that mean that those are the super skilled ones?

Slaanesh
aragorn die before he can even see legolas erm

Aule
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Most soldiers in the USA army don't die, so does that mean that those are the super skilled ones?

Its a quite a bit different though, being in the midst of a swirling melee of thousands on the battlefield and Mumaks and not taking a single wound, not even a scratch. Tolkien specifically picks out those three for this, implying its important. A lot of other skilled warriors did die at Pelennor notably Halbarad.

Ex-Jedi
From a distance: Legolas
Up close: Aragorn

xx Happy Gal xx
Yeah, Legolas from a distance and Aragorn up close.
Just because in the books it stated that Legolas acomplished the least
doesn't mean that he is not good at fighting.

Some people tend to bend towards Aragorn because in the movies he is made a big deal. And, in the movies I don't think Legolas got hurt even once.

vanice
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Up close Aragon takes this. Legolas would more then likely take it from far off due to his elf eyes.

I'll ditto that

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by xx Happy Gal xx

Some people tend to bend towards Aragorn because in the movies he is made a big deal. And, in the movies I don't think Legolas got hurt even once.

People actually tend to bend toward Legolas based off of what the characters did in the movies.

In the theatrical release Gimli actually did the last, with Aragorn at the least defeating Lurtz and Legolas owning Mumuk and making impossible shots and not getting hurt once. Gimli actually nearly died in the Wargs scene and the only time he gets his props (Getting more kills than Legolas in Helms Deep), it wasn't put in the Theatrical Release. It can only be viewed in the deleted scenes.

Heretic Smellin
Aragorn.

Originally posted by xx Happy Gal xx

He's a pretty big deal in both the movies and the books.

Also, in the books, he he is depicted as being rather a dab hand with a bow.

Movie tragic
Legolas

bogen
I'd say Aragorn simply because he seems the more well rounded accomplished fighter.
Sure Legolas can hold his own but the movies blew his skill level out of proportion.
You must not forget that Aragorn is descendant from the Numenor, Guys that could pwn just about anyone.
" The blood of numenor is all but spent" said Elrond.
This means, almost but not quite there.
So, Aragon must still be gifted with the grace of the numenor on some level.

Aragorn pwns. Job done.

Cloudzor
i'd go with Aragorn.... one thing you realize once you've read the book is that Aragorn in the movie isn't depicted as he is in the book. while they try and make Legolas as cool as possible in the movie you only see Aragorn as a normal human being...

which is innacurate, he is of a Numenoran (bad spelling i'm sure) bloodline, they're human as well but far superior to your average human.

there's lots of stuff the movie missed out on, the horses from Rohan weren't supposed to be normal horses as well.. but i guess budget restraints etc.

so ye, i'd say Aragorn as described by Tolkien would win smile

Incanus
Aragorn all the way. In fact, Aragorn is part elf, as he is a descendant of Luthien, tho yes it is tainted, it is still elf, and Numenoreans (the far sighted ones) Had BETTER than elf eyes, as on the Meneltarma (in the middle of Numenor) they could see Eressea in the distance on a clear day, which is REALLY far away. And also, the Dunedain never intermarried, so they were still of pure Numenorean blood. Aragorn was a very accomplished archer, as were all the Dunedain, in fact he was nearly if not in fact the equal of Thranduil, Legolas's father, who was a better archer than Legolas.

Darth Martin
Legolas handily.

NemeBro
Legolas was a fvcking god in the movies, he wins.

Incanus
The movies only had a few actualities to the books, so the movies dont matter. If the fight was actually to happen, you would have to base it off THE BOOKS, not some Hollywood crap that cant keep it straight for 5 minutes. Legolas, was, frankly, not exactly the best warrior of the fellowship. Any other member other than the hobbits could beat him at meelee range, and at a bowshot distance, Legolas could still possibly be outclassed by ANY of the Dunedain, as they were very accomplished archers, having to have learned it from the elves. So Aragorn would DESTROY Legolas in a fight. Who says its not meelee, and who says its not range. But what Legolas cant see, he cant shoot. And the Dunedain can avoid being seen even by elves if they wish. Whats to stop Aragorn from stabbing Legolas in the back or something, as he can move pretty quiet if need be. And besides, Anduril would strike fear into the heart of Legolas, as it does to all men, dwarves, elves, and orcs.

Draco69
Since this is the MOVIE forum, we're using the MOVIE versions of the characters.

In that case, Legolas destroys him. He doesn't need distance. In the Fellowship, he was making pincushions out of Orcs at point blank range.

He took down more enemies and more foes than any other member of the Fellowship.

Legolas 10/10

Draco69
Originally posted by Incanus
The movies only had a few actualities to the books, so the movies dont matter. If the fight was actually to happen, you would have to base it off THE BOOKS, not some Hollywood crap that cant keep it straight for 5 minutes. Legolas, was, frankly, not exactly the best warrior of the fellowship. Any other member other than the hobbits could beat him at meelee range, and at a bowshot distance, Legolas could still possibly be outclassed by ANY of the Dunedain, as they were very accomplished archers, having to have learned it from the elves. So Aragorn would DESTROY Legolas in a fight. Who says its not meelee, and who says its not range. But what Legolas cant see, he cant shoot. And the Dunedain can avoid being seen even by elves if they wish. Whats to stop Aragorn from stabbing Legolas in the back or something, as he can move pretty quiet if need be. And besides, Anduril would strike fear into the heart of Legolas, as it does to all men, dwarves, elves, and orcs.

This is the MOVIE versus forum.

Books don't mean crap.

We only use the movie versions here.

Incanus
Well, then maybe u should try the books, as since they were the originals, the MOVIES dont mean crap from all the dissimilarities. ARAGORN WINS FACE IT!!!! Oh, and Aragorn will destroy him at any range, as he is an archer for one, AND HE HAS A HUGE FRICKKIN SWORD!!!!

NemeBro
At a distance, Legolas easily kills Aragorn, don't be an idiot.

Incanus
Dude, dont make decisions based on those movies. They over amp Legolas and make Aaragorn seem like some normal Rohirrim or something, not a person of pure Numenorean blood. TRY REDING THE BOOKS U PPL!!!! LEGOLAS ISNT THAT GREAT OF A FIGHTER!!!! Sure he can hold his own, but ur just being stupid saying that he could REALLY just kill Aragorn that easily. U would see that Aragorn is a very accomplished archer, since HE WAS TRAINED BY ELVES!!!! HE IS LIKE, PART ELF PPL!!!! IT DOSNT MATTER ITS BEEN DILUTED, U DONT GET IT!!!!

NemeBro
I have read the books.

Legolas has always been the better archer. Who was also trained by elves. And is full elf. So by your own pitiful use of logic. Legolas>Aragorn in archery.

Robtard
Originally posted by Incanus
Dude, dont make decisions based on those movies. They over amp Legolas and make Aaragorn seem like some normal Rohirrim or something, not a person of pure Numenorean blood. TRY REDING THE BOOKS U PPL!!!! LEGOLAS ISNT THAT GREAT OF A FIGHTER!!!! Sure he can hold his own, but ur just being stupid saying that he could REALLY just kill Aragorn that easily. U would see that Aragorn is a very accomplished archer, since HE WAS TRAINED BY ELVES!!!! HE IS LIKE, PART ELF PPL!!!! IT DOSNT MATTER ITS BEEN DILUTED, U DONT GET IT!!!!

Retard, this is the Movie Versus Forum, so the movies are what count here.

Also, what the bisexual said above too.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
Retard, this is the Movie Versus Forum, so the movies are what count here. Some reason that doesn't click w/ some people.

Mr. Rhythmic
I give it to Legolas. Aragorn wasn't all that impressive of a fighter, whilst Legolas was a freakin' beast slayer.

FrothByte
Just finished watching Desolation of Smaug, and Legolas definitely wins this. Whether it be archery, sword fight, or h2h.

KingD19
I didn't expect this to be revived, but agreed. Given his feats from DoS, Legolas would tool Aragorn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.