nfl players redone: giving love to the defense

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Hexus
(since the superbowl era)

top defensive linemen:

1) Deacon Jones
2) Reggie White
3) Mean Joe
4) Charles Haley
5) Michael Strahan

Top backers:

1) Ray Nitchske
2) Singletary (tied with LT)
3) LT (is tied with singletary)
4) Nic Bouniconti
5) Hollywood Henderson

i bet your wondering where brian bosworth is.... hahahahaha

Top DBs: (i don't know my DBs that well so don't be harsh on me)
1) Mel Blount
2) Dick "night train" Layne
3) Ronnie Lott
4) Deon Sanders
5) Champ Bailey

DigiMark007
I'd tend to undervalue the older players. They were great, sure, but part of it is the era they played in. It took less physically to dominate in the 60/70's than it does today due to advancements in training techniques and steroids.

Though you could side-step that easily and just say "best for their era" and determine it by their dominance when they played, not present-day worth.

Rod Woodson should maybe be in the DBs. And much as I hate him, Ray Lewis in the LB's. Also Bruce Smith possibly in the linemen category, and Dick Butkus / Jack Lambert in LB. But your choices are all pretty good.

Smasandian
I would say Ron Woodson over Champ Bailey.

Heck, I would say Darren Woodson over Champ Bailey.

Darth_Hexus
i know, but i'm not that smart with DBs i know rod woodson was good, and ray lewis should be there, but i just looked at how people performed statisticall, and darren woodson was good, but how much of that was the overall defense and the genius coach, but yeah i agree i need to work on my DBs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.