The Best vs. The Best II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Wolverine
Spiderman
Captain America (Classic)
The Thing
Iron Fist
Night Crawler
Gambit

vs.

Batman
Current Karate Kid
Queen Hipolyta
Black Canary
Midnighter
Zealot
Classic Aquaman

DigiMark007
Originally posted by fangirl101
Current Karate Kid

Morticoccus bomb ftw! Team 2 easily.

TricksterPriest
By classic, do you mean PC, or just when it was last Arthur? Cause Arthur can mindrape team 2 ftw.

*prays for Retcon of Countdown in FC* shifty

fangirl101
Originally posted by TricksterPriest By classic, do you mean PC, or just when it was last Arthur?__ Cause Arthur can mindrape team 2 ftw. __ *prays for Retcon of Countdown in FC*_ shifty

I mean orange and green fish controlling aquaman.

DigiMark007
One has to wonder why Logan and NC'er never teamed up more, like Logan and Colossus with the Fastball Special.

Not as visually appealing, but teleporting adamantium claws/arms directly into a person, knowing Logan will heal while his enemies will not, could cause psychotic amounts of damage.

fangirl101
Originally posted by DigiMark007
One has to wonder why Logan and NC'er never teamed up more, like Logan and Colossus with the Fastball Special.

Not as visually appealing, but teleporting adamantium claws/arms directly into a person, knowing Logan will heal while his enemies will not, could cause psychotic amounts of damage.
NC can just port people's body parts off. I think that is just as effective as the claws no ?

Zeitgeist
Team 2

OneDumbG0
Midnighter on Team 2 turns this into a curbstomp.

DigiMark007
NC can just port people's body parts off. I think that is just as effective as the claws no ?

Suppose so. Decent point. Still....claws, man. Claws.

no expression

Also, was that ever confirmed to happen more than once? It's consistent with his power set, but it might've just been a drunk writer or something.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Also this.

thumb up

fangirl101

Really? He can pour out more striking power than Iron Fist? Dish out and take more punishment than Wolverine? Do more extended Damage than Gambit? Move faster than knightcrawler?

fangirl101
Suppose so. Decent point. Still....claws, man. Claws.

no expression

Also, was that ever confirmed to happen more than once? It's consistent with his power set, but it might've just been a drunk writer or something.

I remember reading somewhere where he ported off someone's fingers. He also ported off someone's head in the AOA.

Juk3n
Nightcrawler Solos, He BFR's as many as he can at the start - lets say for argument sake he gets 3 out the way -and we'll give them names, Bats -POOF- gone KK - POOF- gone and Canary -POOF- gone

Marvels Stomps

DigiMark007
Really? He can pour out more striking power than Iron Fist? Dish out and take more punishment than Wolverine? Do more extended Damage than Gambit? Move faster than knightcrawler?

He knows what they can do, what they will do, and can plan accordingly for any of it.

MN'er isn't street in any sense of the word. He'd take the majority from any of those you mentioned. Alone, he doesn't make it lopsided, but team 2's kinda stacked anyway imo. MN'er just tips the balance.

I remember reading somewhere where he ported off someone's fingers. He also ported off someone's head in the AOA.

AOA? That's not 616 continuity, right?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Juk3n
Nightcrawler Solos, He BFR's as many as he can at the start - lets say for argument sake he gets 3 out the way

Marvels Stomps

He'd probably get close to one and get killed trying to just BFR. He'd likely have to engage anyone for a protracted period of time.

OneDumbG0
Really? He can pour out more striking power than Iron Fist? Dish out and take more punishment than Wolverine? Do more extended Damage than Gambit? Move faster than knightcrawler? He's beaten through superhuman foes on a more regularly basis than Iron Fist. While I don't think he can punch a train dead, he has kicked away fired tank shells in mid-flight and he regularly decapitates and crushes the skulls of clearly superhuman foes. He would probably dish out several times more damage than Wolverine in any given space of time. His healing factor is not on par with Wolverine's however, even with his extra heart. As for ranged damage, Midnighter's weaponry is not limited to his staff. He has used throwing weapons before. And I am pretty damn sure he's more agile than Nightcrawler, although he cannot match him in a race if Kurt is teleporting. He'd also be able to tell when and where exactly Nightcrawler is teleporting too.

You must understand, he's mercilessly mutilated entire teams of superhumans, many of whom were intentional analogues of the Avengers and X-Men singlehandedly. He's just that good.

Endrict Nuul
He knows what they can do, what they will do, and can plan accordingly for any of it.

MN'er isn't street in any sense of the word. He'd take the majority from any of those you mentioned. Alone, he doesn't make it lopsided, but team 2's kinda stacked anyway imo. MN'er just tips the balance.

AOA? That's not 616 continuity, right?

Right

Juk3n
He'd probably get close to one and get killed trying to just BFR. He'd likely have to engage anyone for a protracted period of time.

i hear you..but isnt that the point of Teleportation..it's kinda..instantanious - well, allowing for a split second between when he appears to when he grabs you no? And besides the lightning fast and the midnighter..is there really anyone on that team who will react fast enough to interrupt him mid teleport. were talking eye blink timing here.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Juk3n i hear you..but isnt that the point of Teleportation..it's kinda..instantanious - well, allowing for a split second between when he appears to when he grabs you no? And besides the lightning fast and the midnighter..is there really anyone on that team who will react fast enough to interrupt him mid teleport. were talking eye blink timing here. Zealot, Karate Kid, And Classic Aquaman are all fast enough to react. Batman may not be fast enough to react or he may be. He is smart enough to know that if this guy is porting, then he will appear somewhere. Batman is smart like that.

Juk3n
Zealot, Karate Kid, And Classic Aquaman are all fast enough to react. Batman may not be fast enough to react or he may be. He is smart enough to know that if this guy is porting, then he will appear somewhere. Batman is smart like that.

Careful Fangirl "Batman is smart like that" is very close to "Batman will find a way" and you know how i feel about that sentence..i nearly went berserker just then...i think i might have poo'd a little in antiipation of BWFAW.

what about if NCrawler teleports out of sight, until the fistcuffs start flying, then Bats will have to worry about a left hook from one of the others, and leave himself open for teleportaion..much like anyone else NC got to mid-punch/attack/strike.?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Juk3n
Careful Fangirl "Batman is smart like that" is very close to "Batman will find a way" and you know how i feel about that sentence..i nearly went berserker just then...i think i might have poo'd a little in antiipation of BWFAW.

what about if NCrawler teleports out of sight, until the fistcuffs start flying, then Bats will have to worry about a left hook from one of the others, and leave himself open for teleportaion..much like anyone else NC got to mid-punch/attack/strike.?

All possible. Which Is why I dont see this as an easy fight for either side. For all of Midnighters Skill, He can still have his head teleported off.

Zeitgeist
NC's teleportation isn't instantaneous... Daredevil and Wolverine have both anticipated it prior to his appearance.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
NC's teleportation isn't instantaneous... Daredevil and Wolverine have both anticipated it prior to his appearance.

i suspect that was for the working of a Story Arc...but i wont argue with you.

But imo in the HEAT of an intense battle Bats and Wolvie trading blows (just as an example) NC appearing underneath bats / side/ top/ sword drawn /whetever..its either anticipate NC and counter him and take an adamantium fist in the head for the KO anyway? or ..

me no know

Endrict Nuul
He's beaten through superhuman foes on a more regularly basis than Iron Fist. While I don't think he can punch a train dead, he has kicked away fired tank shells in mid-flight and he regularly decapitates and crushes the skulls of clearly superhuman foes. He would probably dish out several times more damage than Wolverine in any given space of time. His healing factor is not on par with Wolverine's however, even with his extra heart. As for ranged damage, Midnighter's weaponry is not limited to his staff. He has used throwing weapons before. And I am pretty damn sure he's more agile than Nightcrawler, although he cannot match him in a race if Kurt is teleporting. He'd also be able to tell when and where exactly Nightcrawler is teleporting too.

You must understand, he's mercilessly mutilated entire teams of superhumans, many of whom were intentional analogues of the Avengers and X-Men singlehandedly. He's just that good.

Midnighter's agility is not greater than Nightcrawler's or Spider-Man's and he doesn't have a greater damage output than Logan. The company's just have different views that's all. Marvel could have Logan chopping people limb by limb or in half with ease but they are not that graphic like Wildstorm is. Those 3rd rate rip offs that The Authority beat up are not equal to the Marvel characters.

OneDumbG0
All possible. Which Is why I dont see this as an easy fight for either side. For all of Midnighters Skill, He can still have his head teleported off. To my recollection, 616 Nightcrawler has never done such a thing. Whether he could is logically feasible, but it is still speculation. Nightcrawler teleporting a person's fingers occurred in 'Age of Apocalypse' (X-Calibre #1). But even granting such a premise, CIS is still on.

Regardless, I doubt it would matter much to Midnighter anyway. Imagine if you somehow had the power to know exactly when and where Nightcrawler would attempt to do this tactic, what would you do? You could: 1) jab your staff into the air and impale Kurt when he teleports in (or screw with Nightcrawler's spatial awareness and prevent him from teleporting into that space altogether); or 2) simply get out of the way with your superhuman reflexes; or 3) preemptively grab at the air space Nightcrawler was teleporting into, grab him at the same moment he manifests and go for a joyride. Midnighter is as much a walking plot device as Karate Kid was.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Midnighter's agility is not greater than Nightcrawler's or Spider-Man's and he doesn't have a greater damage output than Logan. The company's just have different views that's all. Marvel could have Logan chopping people limb by limb or in half with ease but they are not that graphic like Wildstorm is. Those 3rd rate rip offs that The Authority beat up are not equal to the Marvel characters.

No, but he can anticipate things in battle to an absurd extent, to the point that his tactical advantage makes up for other things.

Is Spider-Man more physically gifted than MN'er? Absolutely. Would MN'er take him for the majority? Probably.

Midnighter is as much a walking plot device as Karate Kid was.

Disagree. KK was only skill, which made it hard to believe that skill alone made him nigh-herald level. MN'er has never done things at Classic KK's level, and he also has a logical way to be as good as he is in many battles (his battle implants which let him analyze a battle to completion).

fangirl101
No, but he can anticipate things in battle to an absurd extent, to the point that his tactical advantage makes up for other things.

Is Spider-Man more physically gifted than MN'er? Absolutely. Would MN'er take him for the majority? Probably.

Disagree. KK was only skill, which made it hard to believe that skill alone made him nigh-herald level. MN'er has never done things at Classic KK's level, and he also has a logical way to be as good as he is in many battles (his battle implants which let him analyze a battle to completion).

Even Current Karate Kid while Sick was doing stuff he had no business doing. Chopping thru prometheum walls. WTF.

DigiMark007
Even Current Karate Kid while Sick was doing stuff he had no business doing. Chopping thru prometheum walls. WTF.

Right. KK's a whole other beast. MN'ers feats are at least kept in the realm of the believable for his physical stats and abilities, though he is > nearly any of his fellow low metas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.