Comic Book Movie Re-Cast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jcvaldez
If you could re-cast any comic book movie who would you pick?

My first re-cast would be:

Spiderman - instead of Toby (he's a horrible actor) Mcguire I would choose Topher Grace! Yes, the guy who played venom. He would have played Peter Parker/Spiderman a whole lot better. He's funnier, looks the part better than Toby, and a better actor.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

ScarletSpeed
I completely agree,

he looks the part, he has the whit and the charm to pull of peter perfectly

I hated Toby as Parkerno expression

I think Rob lowe would have made a great Superman.

Johnny Depp would have made an amazing Tony Stark, even though I loved Downey Jnr as the role.

Ryan Reynolds as the Flash instead of Adam Brody, who is going to play him.

I would have Justin Hartley play The Human Torch instead of Chris Evans.

jcvaldez
I agree with Ryan Renolds.

I disagree with Johnny Depp, I believe that Robert Downey Jr. was a perfect Match.

Rob Lowe? I'm not sure about that. I thought Brandon Routh did a decent job as Superman, I thought he was too young. Eric Bana may have been better, I'm saying he's my top choice, but somebody like him. He's older, Bigger physique, looks more experienced. Both Rob Lowe and Brandon Routh are too much of pretty boys to be Superman.

jcvaldez
Rather than Ben Afleck for Daredevil I think Scott Caan would been cooler. For those of you who don't know who is, he was in Ocean's Eleven.

BUSTER1
I thought Toby Mguire was spot on as Parker in Spiderman 1 & 2 (but only ok as Spiderman in costume)
But I agree Brandon Routh looked a bit young to be playing Superman-Eric Bana would've looked more the part

jcvaldez
My problem with Toby Mcguire is that he didn't mirror Peter Parker of the comics. Toby portrayed him too nerdy, too akward, and too socially retarded. Peter Parker needed be shown more as a scientist. That was a major problem with me in all the Spiderman films (which I didn't like very much btw). Spiderman saves the day not with his fists but with his brain. I really didn't see that happen in any of the movies. But, moving... I don't want to talk about the Spiderman movies in this thread.

I think that Christian Bale is a great choice for Batman.
But for the original Batman movie with Michael Keaton I thought that Alec Baldwin would have been better. He looks like Bruce Wayne, he has that cool dark voice, he did a good job as the shadow (except the movie sucked)

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by jcvaldez
I agree with Ryan Renolds.

I disagree with Johnny Depp, I believe that Robert Downey Jr. was a perfect Match.

Rob Lowe? I'm not sure about that. I thought Brandon Routh did a decent job as Superman, I thought he was too young. Eric Bana may have been better, I'm saying he's my top choice, but somebody like him. He's older, Bigger physique, looks more experienced. Both Rob Lowe and Brandon Routh are too much of pretty boys to be Superman.

No I thouhgt Downey Jnr was perfect, I wouldn't necessarily re-cast him,

I am just saying I think he would have made a good one

Brandon Routh is only good because he is a clone of Reeveslaughing out loud
his acting is wooden.

when I think of Superman, I think of the comic, not Chris Reeves,

you have to admit that Reeves wasn't a traditional Superman, What I mean by that is that he didn't have the granite jaw and he wasn't built enough,

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/supermanart.jpg

Rob Lowe would be perfect.

ragesRemorse
Robe Lowe as Superman? That is almost as bad as Dean Cain

Even though i think Maguire makes a horrible Parker/Spiderman, i think the fault lies with Raimi and the screen writer. Parker is whining through out the entire movie. Even as Spiderman it is hard to not see Peter Parker as a monumental loser. This was slightly toned down in the sequel, but it didn't help that the second movie was essentially the same movie as the first. I think the first two movie's are good movie's, but Peter Parker and Spiderman feel as though they were wrongfully represented.

The same problem happened with Routh as Superman. Routh did a fine job, but other than being tall and resembling Reeves, he had no other purpose in the movie. When he wasn't on set filming the necessary face shots, he was reciting lines from the previous superman movies. Singer played it to safe in keeping the story small and giving Routh little screen time. If he wasn't confident in Rouths ability, why the fuk did he cast him? It would have been nice to actually see Superman in that movie. With that said, i think routh did a fine job, especially as a younger Clark Kent.

ScarletSpeed
When I say Rob Lowe, I only mean looks wise, his blue eyes and strong jaw are closer to supes than any other actor in hollywood imo,

to be honest I don't think I have ever seen him in anything other than the new Orange Commercial laughing out loud

RR,who would you cast as Parker?

just curiousstick out tongue

Madvillain
I would have cast Jake Gyllenhaal as Spider-Man.

I would have cast Jim Caviezel as Cyclops.

I would have cast Eric Christian Olsen as Johnny Storm.

I would have cast Sarah Michelle Gellar as Sue Storm.

There are others, but I can't think fo them right now.

jcvaldez
Originally posted by Madvillain
I would have cast Jake Gyllenhaal as Spider-Man.

I would have cast Jim Caviezel as Cyclops.

I would have cast Eric Christian Olsen as Johnny Storm.

I would have cast Sarah Michelle Gellar as Sue Storm.

There are others, but I can't think fo them right now.

Jake Gyllenhaal - I disagree (why do people like him?)
Jim Caviezel - Good choice (But only if Cyclops' personality was more the comic)
Eric Christian Olsen - Good choice also
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Great choice (makes more sense than Jessica Alba)

jcvaldez
- Seann William Scott (Stifler) should have been Venom!
- Topher Grace (That 70's Show) shoulde have been Peter Parker!
- Bryce Dallas Howard (The girl who played Gwen in Spiderman 3) should have been Mary Jane! She's a natural redhead and way prettier than Kirsten (I got bad teeth!) Dunst.

BUSTER1
I stick with what I said about Tobey Mcguire as PP in Spiderman 1 &2, as in the comic book Pete was an awkward nerd before gaining his power. I have to admit his potrayal in SM3, crying every 5 minutes, got on my nerves

jcvaldez
For the horrible movie Steel (remember that travesty?!) it should have been an actor not a basketball player

SnakeEyes
I'd cast someone else as Daredevil instead of Ben Affleck.

Mr Parker
I dont like the choice of Sarah Michelle Geller as Sue Storm.She is the OLDER sister of Johnny and she's pretty young. That being said,someone-dont know who yet,younger for Johnny Storm and someone older for Sue Storm.Maybe Erika Elenik I think its spelled for Sue Storm.
the others?
Howie Long as Eddie Brock.
Sarah Michelle Geller as Gwen Stacy
David Lasher as Peter Parker
yeah Bryce Howard as Mary Jane
Yeah Bale was a great choice for Bruce wayne but I agree as well that
Alec Baldwin should have played the role back then.keaton was horribly miscast in that role
Scott Weinger for Robin-O'donnel was way tool old for the role.

BruceSkywalker
The only movie I'd recast is that crap known as Daredevil. I'd have had someone like Paul Wlker or someone like that portray Matt Murdock/DD.

All other movie comic books I'd leave just the way they are.

ScarletSpeed
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u277/Fortress-Of-Solitude/justin-hartley.jpg

Johnny Storm

Mindship
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u277/Fortress-Of-Solitude/justin-hartley.jpg

Johnny Storm Definitely closer to the comic look, but I really liked how Chris Evans played him.

Also, though he's too old to play him now, a young John Cusak would've made for a good Parker/Spidey.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/PosterThumbs/johncusack.jpg

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Mindship
Definitely closer to the comic look, but I really liked how Chris Evans played him.

Also, though he's too old to play him now, a young John Cusak would've made for a good Parker/Spidey.

yeah I loved the cocky attidude Chris brought to the character as well.

I think it was back in the 80s Stan Lee actually said he would have liked John Cusack to play Peter Parker.

ankur29
tobey was a bad spiderman

he did not look the part

kristen dunst really bad MJ

chris evans was good human torch though

Mindship
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I think it was back in the 80s Stan Lee actually said he would have liked John Cusack to play Peter Parker.
gmta cool

ScarletSpeed
gmta cool

what does gmta mean?laughing out loud

Mindship
Great Minds Think Alike...

...only, Mr. Lee managed to make millions with his.

ScarletSpeed
laughing

I see.

Dam him laughing out loud

Mr Parker
Definitely closer to the comic look, but I really liked how Chris Evans played him.

the problem with chris evans being cast for the role was he was older than Sue Storm.Need an actor who looks YOUNGER than Sue since she is the older sister.thats why i would definetely take this actor with the blond hair any day of the year over Evans in the role.He looks younger.Im thinking maybe this actor and Pamela Anderson as Sue Storm.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ankur29
tobey was a bad spiderman

he did not look the part

kristen dunst really bad MJ

chris evans was good human torch though

Yeah he was horrible as spiderman big time.Bout the worst casting choice possible.I had no problem with him being cast in the role LOOKS wise,you look at what he looked like in the EARLY comics when he was in high school and he looked pretty much the part.Its not like the disgraceful casting choice of Michael Keaton as Batman,someone who didnt even come close whatsoever in looking the part.

Mcguire looked the part he was just wrong for the role because of his voice.He makes me cringe when delivering his lines.He sounds like a Gomer.a major dork.That would have been okay for him to talk the way he did in the FIRST film since parker was geeky in the beginning but not the second one when he was in college.He was still talking the same way in the second film as well so he obviously is not a very good voice actor and for the role of spider-man its essential that you have an actor who has a really nice voice.yeah Dunst was horrible in her role as well cause she acted NOTHING at all like the mary jane from the comics but you got to blame either the screenwriter or the director for that,its their reponsibility to get them to act like the character.

shksprtx
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Pamela Anderson as Sue Storm.

What have you been smoking, and why aren't you sharing?

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Mr Parker
the problem with chris evans being cast for the role was he was older than Sue Storm.Need an actor who looks YOUNGER than Sue since she is the older sister.thats why i would definetely take this actor with the blond hair any day of the year over Evans in the role.He looks younger.Im thinking maybe this actor and Pamela Anderson as Sue Storm.

A younger Pamela Anderson could have made a really good Sue Storm

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/purplepassion6925/pamela_anderson_2.jpg

looks wise.

actng wise, she is shit.

shksprtx
Meh, you might be right...but I still think even a young Pam Anderson would look too fake and skanky to be Sue Storm -- I'd make Sue more the "girl-next-door" type

ScarletSpeed
Either way they would both get it shifty

Toku King
Originally posted by BUSTER1
I thought Toby Mguire was spot on as Parker in Spiderman 1 & 2 (but only ok as Spiderman in costume)

I thought he was perfect on both accounts. It's not his fault the writers didn't give him more quips.

Toku King
Mattew Wood as the voice of Dr. Doom, with Doug Jones in the suit.

Toku King
Naomi Watts - Sue Storm

qqqqqqq
the little dance on the street in spiderman 3 was a major turnoff laughing out loud

WhiteWitchKing
The Incredible Hulk

Eric Bana as Bruce Banner
Jennifer Connelly as Betty Ross

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Toku King
Naomi Watts - Sue Storm

Hellyes, good pick.

Kazenji
Jason stathem as Judge Dredd would be good.

Condor
Although Thomas Jane did better than I expected in the Punisher, I thought it should have been Ray Liotta, although a bit younger.

mr.smiley
If he could have been an actor,I would have liked to have seen Peter
Steele from Type O Negative try Dr.Doom.
And Danzig as Wolverine in the X-Men movie would have been interesting.
And though he have yet to see how Deadpool will play out in the Wolverine film,I would have like to have seen Doug Jones play the character,with Bruce Campbell doing the voice over.

Stoic
Originally posted by Toku King
Naomi Watts - Sue Storm

I think she would be a better Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel).

I know that this thread says recast, but if they made a Justice League Movie I think Mary Elizabeth Winstead would be a great Wonder Woman.
http://www.actressarchives.com/display.php?img=26948&return=%2Fmaryw%2Findex.php%3Fpg%3D5

Drifter

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/PosterThumbs/johncusack.jpg Back in the 80's, sure. I also think he would have made a great Cyclops for the X-Men movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.