what if batman's and spider-man's rouges gallery switched?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
what if batman made an agreement with pete to handle his guys and vice-versa.

-fights are out of ten each
-full tech

spider-man in gotham faces:

-joker
-freeze
-bane
-shiva
-ra's-al-ghul
-clay face
-kgbeast
-prometheus
-man-bat
-poison ivy

batman in manhattan faces:

-lizard
-carnage
-rhino
-doc ock
-hydro-man
-sandman
-electro
-green goblin
-kraven the hunter
-mysterio

you can just copy and paste the list with an x/10 result beside it.

Premutos
Spider-man gets traumatized really really badly in the first 24 hours. The memories of seeing Joker and the rest of those guys in action will never fade and he'll be traumatized forever and ever.

Batman (due to his massive Jobber Aura) still comes on top no matter that now he's fighting people who are infinitely superior to him in terms of power, just like it happens in DC all the time.

Metalmanx
Good one. This is kinda hard.

-joker-->7/10
-freeze-->9-10/10
-bane-->8-9/10
-shiva-->8-9/10
-ra's-al-ghul-->8-9/10
-clay face-->5-6/10
-kgbeast-->7-8/10
-prometheus-->7/10
-man-bat-->10/10
-poison ivy-->5/10

-lizard-->4-5/10
-carnage-->3/10
-rhino--6-7/10
-doc ock-->4/10
-hydro-man-->2-3/10
-sandman-->2-3/10
-electro-->2/10
-green goblin-->4/10
-kraven the hunter-->8/10
-mysterio-->5/10

Hm, I hope I did them both justice. I tried hard to really place both Spidey and Batman in each other's position and to see how they would handle these opponents. I considered how one of the heros defeated their enemy, then switched the heroes, and determine whether or not the other hero could win that way (or any other way), too.

Scoobless
Batman would own Mysterio .... I don't think he'd do as well as you seem to think against Kraven though.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Scoobless
Batman would own Mysterio .... I don't think he'd do as well as you seem to think against Kraven though.

You really think so? Against Mysterio? One of the main things that saves Peter a lot against him is his spider-sense and then using his superhuman abilities in conjunction with it. What does Batman have that would help him against Mysterio?

And Kraven, well, you make a good point (I also didn't really take my time on that one). Upon some further consideration, I think Batman would go 5-6/10 against Kraven.

Battlehammer
actaully mysterio would have a far harder time playing with batmans mind as he does with unstable peter

carnage52
joker wouldnt **** about like goblin no kidnapping for him just dunk aunt may in a tub of acid.hed fare well against some but would get pwned by shiva bane and prometheus also ras could handle him well.batman would be able to take down these as hes faced far worse and still came out fighting

Darth Creasy
Dealing with Gotham's villains would cause Spidey to become much darker than than we've ever known him. Once he realizes what he's dealing with he cleans up Gotham quick. Poison Ivy and Ra's being are the two I can't see him stopping on a regular.

With prep Bats brings sonics, serums, moleculer destabulizers etc and does well but eventually gets killed.

Caps Conscience
Bats Gets @ss raped in the NYC Subway by Venom. /Thread

psycho gundam
bump

carnage52
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Bats Gets @ss raped in the NYC Subway by Venom. /Thread

carnage52

-joker- 0/10
-freeze-7/10
-bane- 2/10
-shiva- 3/10
-ra's-al-ghul-0/10
-clay face-0/10
-kgbeast-8/10
-prometheus-4/10
-man-bat-6/10
-poison ivy-7/10

-lizard-8/10
-carnage-9/10
-rhino-10/10
-doc ock-9/10
-hydro-man-10/10
-sandman-7/10
-electro-10/10
-green goblin-9/10
-kraven the hunter-10/10
-mysterio-10/10

thats how it goes imo

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carnage52
joker wouldnt **** about like goblin no kidnapping for him just dunk aunt may in a tub of acid.hed fare well against some but would get pwned by shiva bane and prometheus also ras could handle him well.batman would be able to take down these as hes faced far worse and still came out fighting ****, if joker got word of pete's
family's residence....bad stuff there.

but if joker mutilated aunt may...he will see a very different side of spider-man...and i for one wouldn't want a distraught spider-man on my ass. (no homo)

Juk3n
i think we had this a little while back - the general concensus(sp?) was that Humans tend not to do so well against Spidey Villains - the ABC ones anyway, ya'know the Venoms Carnages Ocks Elektos Rhinos Sandmen and Goblins. No doubt Bruce with prep stands a chance, i just mean..well..

Heck i'll say it, Spidey doesnt even REALLY do too well against his own Enemies ^^ he usually has to take a little pounding before he goes away and use s his brain (calls in favour) or what ever.

And that non prep'd pounding spidey takes is the difference in a non-prep'd battle that would see Bats 6 feet below.

imo

carnage52
Originally posted by psycho gundam
****, if joker got word of pete's
family's residence....bad stuff there.

but if joker mutilated aunt may...he will see a very different side of spider-man...and i for one wouldn't want a distraught spider-man on my ass. (no homo) joker would kill hom easier in his distraught state of mind as hed be off balance.

carver9
The thing about spiderman is that he dont do so good against high rank martial artist and batman enemies is full of them. About half on the list I could see getting a good majority against spiderman.

Starscream M
the day batman has to stain his legacy by 'fighting' the likes of jokers like rhino and shocker, batman will just put up the cape and cowl and call it quits.

Juk3n
Originally posted by carver9
The thing about spiderman is that he dont do so good against high rank martial artist and batman enemies is full of them. About half on the list I could see getting a good majority against spiderman.

agree there, ..just except for the ones who would go down with 1 20+ ton punch from Pete, which he is capable of getting.

i heerz he be dedly fasts!

Newjak

Well Batman's rogue's gallery tends to be more cerebral and use nastier means in population and such. That being said most if not all of them are severely lacking physically compared to others. So then I'll give it a prep take, and a straight up fight

-joker 3/10, 10/10
-freeze 7/10 , 3/10
-bane 10/10, 10/10
-shiva 10/10, 8/10
-ra's-al-ghul 2/10, 10/10
-clay face 10/10, 0/10
-kgbeast 10/10, 10/10
-prometheus 4-5/10, 8/10
-man-bat 10/10, 10/10
-poison ivy 3-4/10, 0/10

Spider-man's rogues tend to be a lot more physical, and a lot more straight up brutal. Some of them possessing better standard tech then
Batman himself. On the same token they tend to be less skilled fighters, and more easy to manipulate.

-lizard 10/10, 2-3/10
-carnage 7/10, 0/10
-rhino 10/10, 2-3/10
-doc ock 6-7/10, 1-2/10
-hydro-man 10/10, 0/10
-sandman 10/10, 0/10
-electro 6/10, 1-2/10
-green goblin 7/10, 2/10
-kraven the hunter 8-9/10, 4/10
-mysterio 8/10, 10/10

OK then my final verdict on the subject is this:

Is that Spiderman generally does better in straight up random scenarios, while Batman does better in prep ones. Now people tend to forget that Spiderman isn't stupid and has done various smart things many times.

On the other hand Batman while yes generally does take on people way out of his weight class, most heroes do, he generally does it through prep or previous knowledge of the person. On the other hand we have seen where, when faced with overwhelming physical superiority, he has been beaten down. Slade becomes a perfect image of this.

psycho gundam
nice assessment^.

llagrok
Newjak, you're underestimating poison ivy D:

Avlon

-joker - 7/10
-freeze - 7/10
-bane - 8/10
-shiva -
-ra's-al-ghul - 4/10
-clay face - 5/10
-kgbeast - ?
-prometheus - 4/10
-man-bat - 5/10
-poison ivy - 5/10

-lizard - 6/10
-carnage - 3/10
-rhino - 7/10
-doc ock - 7/10
-hydro-man - 3/10
-sandman - 3/10
-electro - 6/10
-green goblin - 8/10
-kraven the hunter - 6/10
-mysterio - 8/10

The toughest fight for Spidey would be a fully teched out Prometheus. He'd be able to read him like Iron man, and the guy has a lot of countermeasures when it comes to heroes.

On Bats sides...there is only so much a man can do against the elements. Those would be his biggest challenges.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Avlon

-joker - 7/10
-freeze - 7/10
-bane - 8/10
-shiva -
-ra's-al-ghul - 4/10
-clay face - 5/10
-kgbeast - ?
-prometheus - 4/10
-man-bat - 5/10
-poison ivy - 5/10

-lizard - 6/10
-carnage - 3/10
-rhino - 7/10
-doc ock - 7/10
-hydro-man - 3/10
-sandman - 3/10
-electro - 6/10
-green goblin - 8/10
-mysterio - 8/10

The toughest fight for Spidey would be a fully teched out Prometheus. He'd be able to read him like Iron man, and the guy has a lot of countermeasures when it comes to heroes.

On Bats sides...there is only so much a man can do against the elements. Those would be his biggest challenges. how come you left the KGBeast and lady shiva blank?

Nestical
im thinking bats gets raped by carnage,his only chance would be if bats finds out his weakness.whos to say carnage doesnt kill him before he finds out.only way bats beats him is by pis

Avlon
how come you left the KGBeast and lady shiva blank?

I'm not familiar enough with them to property rate them.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Avlon

-joker - 7/10
-freeze - 7/10
-bane - 8/10
-shiva -
-ra's-al-ghul - 4/10
-clay face - 5/10
-kgbeast - ?
-prometheus - 4/10
-man-bat - 5/10
-poison ivy - 5/10

-lizard - 6/10
-carnage - 3/10
-rhino - 7/10
-doc ock - 7/10
-hydro-man - 3/10
-sandman - 3/10
-electro - 6/10
-green goblin - 8/10
-mysterio - 8/10

On Bats sides...there is only so much a man can do against the elements. Those would be his biggest challenges.

I don't know about KGbeast but Spiday takes Lady Shiva 9/10 at least

Juntai
Batman would probably have less trouble against Spiderman's enemies, despite many of them being physically stronger than his own. Batman's enemies are mostly genius', and Spiderman's are mostly dumbshits. A change of a couple items in the utility belt to match some new villains, and it would be OK. Batman's strategic mind would be far too much for them.

Newjak
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman would probably have less trouble against Spiderman's enemies, despite many of them being physically stronger than his own. Batman's enemies are mostly genius', and Spiderman's are mostly dumbshits. A change of a couple items in the utility belt to match some new villains, and it would be OK. Batman's strategic mind would be far too much for them. Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Mysterio, Kraven are all far from stupid.

But let us not forget this the same Batman that has had trouble with Killer Croc, and Man-Bat.

Both of whom would be C-Lister's in Spidey's gallery. The fact is Batman doesn't have near as much wiggle room against Spidey's villains as he does against his own far physically inferior ones.

The first time Batman got caught against the Lizard in a sewer without some decent prep, I don't see Batman walking away from that.

Juntai
Originally posted by Newjak
Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Mysterio, Kraven are all far from stupid.

But let us not forget this the same Batman that has had trouble with Killer Croc, and Man-Bat.

Both of whom would be C-Lister's in Spidey's gallery. The fact is Batman doesn't have near as much wiggle room against Spidey's villains as he does against his own far physically inferior ones.

The first time Batman got caught against the Lizard in a sewer without some decent prep, I don't see Batman walking away from that. What was the last plot Doc Ock, Goblin, Mysterio or Kraven put together that rivals Ras Al Ghul, or Joker or Riddler?

Batman recently fought Ninjas with the Man-Bat serum, and clobbered a dozen or so of them with little difficulty.

They might be C Listers in Spiderman's gallery, because they fight his type of fight. Joker would be the scariest thing Spiderman ever encountered, and he wouldn't even know what hit him when Ras Al Ghul plotted against him.

And Batman's walked away from worse than Lizard.

Obsidian Fury
I can't see how Spidey would beat Clayface or save the city from Joker or Riddler.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
I can't see how Spidey would beat Clayface or save the city from Joker or Riddler.

How does Batman do it...??

And why cant Spider-man do the same?

Newjak
What was the last plot Doc Ock, Goblin, Mysterio or Kraven put together that rivals Ras Al Ghul, or Joker or Riddler?

Batman recently fought Ninjas with the Man-Bat serum, and clobbered a dozen or so of them with little difficulty.

They might be C Listers in Spiderman's gallery, because they fight his type of fight. Joker would be the scariest thing Spiderman ever encountered, and he wouldn't even know what hit him when Ras Al Ghul plotted against him.

And Batman's walked away from worse than Lizard. Green Goblin is currently the head of an entire government sanctioned Super Villain Army no expression

And I think you over estimate how scary these villains would be to Spiderman. The guy has fought heralds, demons, vampires, etc. To say that the Joker strolling into town would cause Peter to wet his pants is a little overboard.

And Batman has been beaten by Killer Croc who is by far less than the Lizard.

Newjak
I can't see how Spidey would beat Clayface or save the city from Joker or Riddler. In straight up fight he couldn't but then neither does Batman.

As to how he would save the city probably the same way he always does against the Kingpin.

Juk3n
Can someone post The Jokers durability feats, anything to suggest he can take 1 punch from a bloodlusted Pete?

And a link to Riddlers force shield that would stop him getting hit by a bloodlusted Pete?

Juntai
Green Goblin is currently the head of an entire government sanctioned Super Villain Army no expression So they have no plots that can compare huh? Nice backpedaling.

And Pter has notorius trouble with human MA's, far less in skill than the likes of Shiva. See how easy that is?
Batman typically KOes Croc with relative ease.

Newjak
So they have no plots that can compare huh? Nice backpedaling.

And Pter has notorius trouble with human MA's, far less in skill than the likes of Shiva. See how easy that is?
Batman typically KOes Croc with relative ease. Dude plotted himself into leading an army of Super Villains

What has Joker done lately of any note erm

Batman typically has trouble with anyone who is his physical superior, and that is being modest. Bane, Slade, Croc, Man-Bat, and etc. They all rely on their physical superiority to make Bats earn his wins.

The only difference is that the Lizard could chew and eat all of them up physically. And Carnage would destroy Batman in a fight without prep.

Seriously you are underestimating just how much superior physically Spiderman's villains are compared to Batman's toughest foe.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Juk3n
How does Batman do it...??

And why cant Spider-man do the same?

Gear.

I have not read many Clayface strips, but I know that the only way to defeat him is to paralyze him. Physical force is useless, and Spider-Man's webs would just be swallowed in the clay.

From my memories, I can list three ways Batman has defeated Clayface:
- Freeze him with frost patrons (Or whatever they are called)
- Electrocuted him with electrified batarang.
- Sealed him into a room without windows, ventilation or other types of holes.

If Spider-Man would stumble across him on the street, he would be deadmeat. At least Batman is relatively prepared.

Can someone post The Jokers durability feats, anything to suggest he can take 1 punch from a bloodlusted Pete?

And a link to Riddlers force shield that would stop him getting hit by a bloodlusted Pete?

If you read enough about Joker and Riddler, you will soon realise that their entire characteristic style would be based on the fact that they avoid being hit. The REAL question is if Pete is efficient enough to reach Joker or Riddler without stumbling over their traps and ambushes.

Juntai
Dude plotted himself into leading an army of Super Villains

What has Joker done lately of any note erm

Batman typically has trouble with anyone who is his physical superior, and that is being modest. Bane, Slade, Croc, Man-Bat, and etc. They all rely on their physical superiority to make Bats earn his wins.

The only difference is that the Lizard could chew and eat all of them up physically. And Carnage would destroy Batman in a fight without prep.

Seriously you are underestimating just how much superior physically Spiderman's villains are compared to Batman's toughest foe.
Grodd.
http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc122&image=233_batgrodd2.jpg
http://img20.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc80&image=0f5_batgrodd3.jpg

Grundy.
http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc121&image=3fc_batgrundy1.jpg

Choking out Lobo, Lobo unable to pull him away, until Lobo points out the villain of the story.
http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batmanlobodeadlyseriousoo8.jpg

Beats Aquaman down until he surrenders.
http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc287&image=3a3_aqbat2.jpg
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc87&image=697_aqbat3.jpg

How superior are his villains to what Batman's faced and beat the crap out of?

Newjak
Grodd.

Grundy.

Choking out Lobo, Lobo unable to pull him away, until Lobo points out the villain of the story.

Spider-man has beaten Firelord, Thor, Juggernaut, Hulk

I don't really think you really want to start putting out that garbage.

I mean let's be honest go ahead and make a Batman vs anyone you just mentioned match. See how that works out for ya wink

Obsidian Fury
Last time I read, Spider-Man was the one taking the beating from Juggernaut and not the other way around.

Of course, I do not remember how that issue ended.

Newjak
Last time I read, Spider-Man was the one taking the beating from Juggernaut and not the other way around.

Of course, I do not remember how that issue ended. One ended with him stuck in Cement, and that is how Spider-man won. Stupid writing but hey so is Batman choking Lobo smile

Obsidian Fury
Many encounters in both Spider-Man and Batman end quite stupid stick out tongue Both of them should've been dead a long time ago.

TricksterPriest
Green Goblin is currently the head of an entire government sanctioned Super Villain Army no expression

And I think you over estimate how scary these villains would be to Spiderman. The guy has fought heralds, demons, vampires, etc. To say that the Joker strolling into town would cause Peter to wet his pants is a little overboard.

And Batman has been beaten by Killer Croc who is by far less than the Lizard.

Goblin is also schitzo and obssesed with spidey the same way that Joker is obsessed with Batman.

Frankly, I don't consider any of Spiderman's rogues gallery to be worthy of being in Batman's. I've said it before, I'll say it again. Batman has the single toughest rogues gallery in comics. (Superman DOES NOT COUNT. He fights everyone.)

You really think Joker won't scare Spidey? You are lowballing Mr. J. If he knew who Joker was, he would be scared. Hell, Joker scares most villains in DC, he's certainly way more than Spidey can handle.

The difference is, Batman would realize he was physically outclassed. He wouldn't try to beat them the way he does his own rogues. 2nd, you all forget Batman's biggest edge over the guys in Gotham. Fear. Batman scares them as much as Joker, if not more. They won't fear Spidey.

If the challenge is to beat them the way the home town guy does, then they both lose. If the challenge is to win with your own methods, Batman wins, Spidey loses.

As for what Joker has done lately, Salvation Run. I'm pretty sure he beat several supervillains to death during that.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Good one. This is kinda hard.

-joker-->7/10
-freeze-->9-10/10
-bane-->8-9/10
-shiva-->8-9/10
-ra's-al-ghul-->8-9/10
-clay face-->5-6/10
-kgbeast-->7-8/10
-prometheus-->7/10
-man-bat-->10/10
-poison ivy-->5/10

-lizard-->4-5/10
-carnage-->3/10
-rhino--6-7/10
-doc ock-->4/10
-hydro-man-->2-3/10
-sandman-->2-3/10
-electro-->2/10
-green goblin-->4/10
-kraven the hunter-->8/10
-mysterio-->5/10

Hm, I hope I did them both justice. I tried hard to really place both Spidey and Batman in each other's position and to see how they would handle these opponents. I considered how one of the heros defeated their enemy, then switched the heroes, and determine whether or not the other hero could win that way (or any other way), too.
rolling on floor laughing

occultdestroyer
Spiderman beat Juggernaut?
Oh rily? eek!

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Frankly, I don't consider any of Spiderman's rogues gallery to be worthy of being in Batman's.

Yeah I know Killer Croc, Puppet Master, Bane, 2-Face, Penguin, Posion Ivy all those guys (and gal) would wipe the floor with Spiderman. Yeah you just keep sayin that. thumb down

xmarksthespot
Poison Ivy is unkillable, her plants can crush buildings, she can down a Green Lantern and she's been said comparable to Swamp Thing.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Poison Ivy is unkillable, her plants can crush buildings, she can down a Green Lantern and she's been said comparable to Swamp Thing.

She must have got some upgrade because im pretty sure I saw Batman koing her by kicking her in the mouth. Anyway Spiderman can deal with all the others mentioned.

TricksterPriest
Bane's as smart and skilled as Batman. And when he was on venom, he lifted a ferris wheel, and singlehandedly destroyed the walls of Arkham. Arkham's walls are 3 feet (or more) of thick concrete.

Phantom Zone
Bane's as smart and skilled as Batman. And when he was on venom, he lifted a ferris wheel, and singlehandedly destroyed the walls of Arkham. Arkham's walls are 3 feet (or more) of thick concrete.

Ermm hes not on venom anymore. erm Besides when he took venom he wasnt always that strong you're just taking the highest showing possible.

Juk3n
im assuming these battles are on the fly? no prep for anyone?

Phantom Zone
im assuming these battles are on the fly? no prep for anyone?

If its then Batman is toast.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
If its then Batman is toast.

Aye i was just thinking that, Batman comes across Rhino by chance..

ummm, does he carry a change of underwear in the utility belt ^^.

A nonpreped Bats doesnt get very far at all, is there such thing as a NON-PIS situation where Batman gets hit in the face by someone of multi ton strength and ISNT out for an autolose?? Does it exist?

TricksterPriest
Against Rhino in a city street? Pshh, screw prep. He wins 10/10.

Like most Spidey rogues, Rhino is borderline retarded. And BAtman is far more intelligent than Spidey.

And this is why Batman wins and Spidey loses.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/DoctorDestiny132.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/DoctorDestiny133.jpg

Juntai
Spider-man has beaten Firelord, Thor, Juggernaut, Hulk

I don't really think you really want to start putting out that garbage.

I mean let's be honest go ahead and make a Batman vs anyone you just mentioned match. See how that works out for ya wink Oh, I get it.

The guy has fought heralds, demons, vampires, etc..
When YOU use examples like those, it's a perfectly OK showing.

Anyone mentions the guys Batman has fought and defeated, which can easily match Spiderman on any front, and suddently you're up in fits.

We call this a double-standard.

While you're at it, put up that Spiderman vs those heralds thread. See if you get better results than Batman vs Grodd.

Juntai
She must have got some upgrade because im pretty sure I saw Batman koing her by kicking her in the mouth. Anyway Spiderman can deal with all the others mentioned. What's your point? I just showed Batman KOing several 100 tonners with punches and kicks. The guy in comics and the guy on the forum are vastly different.

In one of Batman's issues OYL, he made the note that Poison Ivy is almost as strong as Swamp Thing now.

Newjak
Oh, I get it.

When YOU use examples like those, it's a perfectly OK showing.

Anyone mentions the guys Batman has fought and defeated, which can easily match Spiderman on any front, and suddently you're up in fits.

We call this a double-standard.

While you're at it, put up that Spiderman vs those heralds thread. See if you get better results than Batman vs Grodd. Perhaps you should post everything wink

Oh yes I was just letting you know why Spiderman wouldn't be scared if the Joker came into town. Man context makes a huge difference doesn't it smile

Juk3n
What's your point? I just showed Batman KOing several 100 tonners with punches and kicks.

isnt something like that on par with Flash battle lasting longer than one panel?

Batman just KOed these 100 tonners straite up, no prep. None? Straite fisty cuffs?

please bare with me, im not as knowledgable as some.

TricksterPriest
We know. We're just saying that if PZ can use that as evidence, we've got just as many examples for Batman.

xmarksthespot
It doesn't seem to me like the thread frames the question of how they fare in terms of an arena style battle.

If it's asking that then the scenario favors Spider-Man as he and his gallery of rogues are more reliant on brute strength, while Batman and his villains are generally more cerebral planners. Batman is physically outclassed in most cases, while Spider-Man physically outclasses most, but not all of Batman's rogues.

If it's instead asking who would fare better in general dealing with the other's enemies then the scenario favors whomever is more adaptable and/or intellectual in their approach to their enmity. In which case, while Spider-Man is intelligent and adaptable, Batman is more so. And villains like the Joker or Ra's could very well destroy Spider-Man far worse than simply killing him. Never go for the kill, when you can go for the hurt.

psycho gundam
It doesn't seem to me like the thread frames the question of how they fare in terms of an arena style battle.

If it's asking that then the scenario favors Spider-Man as he and his gallery of rogues are more reliant on brute strength, while Batman and his villains are generally more cerebral planners. Batman is physically outclassed in most cases, while Spider-Man physically outclasses most, but not all of Batman's rogues.

If it's instead asking who would fare better in general dealing with the other's enemies then the scenario favors whomever is more adaptable and/or intellectual in their approach to their enmity. In which case, while Spider-Man is intelligent and adaptable, Batman is more so. And villains like the Joker or Ra's could very well destroy Spider-Man far worse than simply killing him. Never go for the kill, when you can go for the hurt. thumb up it's both because thats what makes up a victory agains some of therse enemies. for example:

for spider-man to beat bane, he is not only going to go through some mind games and misdirection, but also a head to head fight if they meet.

in batman's case, if he was going against the green goblin, he waould have to counter the goblin's clear mobility advantage and save innocents from his destructive exploits while most likely saving hosteges on top of that. and he too might have to go toe to toe with him.

fighting the hydro-man isn't ever really that cerebral, but it almost always is a test of the inginuity of the hero.

Juk3n

If it's instead asking who would fare better in general dealing with the other's enemies then the scenario favors whomever is more adaptable and/or intellectual in their approach to their enmity. In which case, while Spider-Man is intelligent and adaptable, Batman is more so. And villains like the Joker or Ra's could very well destroy Spider-Man far worse than simply killing him. Never go for the kill, when you can go for the hurt.

Aside from MA abilty, what can Batman do that Spider-man cant..?

and please no one say "Batman can find a way, he always finds a way" - id fear a bloodlusted Spiderman over a Bloodlusted Batman, but maybe thats just me.

But if Bats can call upon the resources of his company, cant Spidey call in favours from his mutant geniuses, his Reeds and such.?

xmarksthespot
Reed Richards isn't a "Spider-Man resource" at least not on the forum.

Essentially I consider Batman more equipped mentally to take on Spider-Man's rogues, while Spider-Man may be more equipped physically to take on Batman's rogues - this being reflected in the general qualities of their respective rogues.

So for example while in a head-to-head arena-style confrontation, I would expect Batman to lose to for example Carnage; I would similarly expect the Joker to put Spider-Man through psychological hell in the event he were to become Spider-Man's rogue in the more "real" sense.

Juk3n
in a head to head confrontation..u mean with no out side influence, Carnage would kill Bats yes..but unless the Joker has MJ or Aunt bloody May on a noose 50 ft up, ready to drop her to her death..(that being an outside influence). I cant see joker rattling off the Phsycology in the 2 seconds it would take to swing over and KO him..

but, i see your point none the less, a prep'd Joker, sure he could win..

ScarletSpeed
"what if batman's and spider-man's rouges gallery switched?"

ROUGE gallery??

red gallery?laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
"what if batman's and spider-man's rouges gallery switched?"

ROUGE gallery??

red gallery?laughing out loud heh, it's a trick question and you all fell for it. eek!

but yeah, i noticed that after the fact, spell check only works on misspelled words so all i can do is roll with it.

but more importantly, how come it took this long for someone to say something about it? stick out tongue

Starscream M

but more importantly, how come it took this long for someone to say something about it? stick out tongue cuz everyone understood what was meant

ScarletSpeed
heh, it's a trick question and you all fell for it. eek!

but yeah, i noticed that after the fact, spell check only works on misspelled words so all i can do is roll with it.

but more importantly, how come it took this long for someone to say something about it? stick out tongue

cause it looks the exact same to the untrained eyeshifty

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9

I think Peter's problem is that he is too worried about hurting people. He was like that against original Tombstone, until he got pissed. He always beats the Rhino, but when Rhino threatened his family he went apeshat. When Mary Jane was kidnapped he beat the crap out of everyone especially that Boxer manslaughter who is like super strong.

Hyperion Prime
Grodd.

Grundy.

Who ever wrote those stories should be ashamed of themselves. That's like Daredevil choking out the Abomination. erm

Battlehammer
The choking lobo one makes no senses............besides the fact he a million tiems stronger..........if he able to talk he not being choked.......out.............meaning he allow batman to do it...........

jks
Originally posted by carnage52

-joker- 0/10
-freeze-7/10
-bane- 2/10
-shiva- 3/10
-ra's-al-ghul-0/10
-clay face-0/10
-kgbeast-8/10
-prometheus-4/10
-man-bat-6/10
-poison ivy-7/10

-lizard-8/10
-carnage-9/10
-rhino-10/10
-doc ock-9/10
-hydro-man-10/10
-sandman-7/10
-electro-10/10
-green goblin-9/10
-kraven the hunter-10/10
-mysterio-10/10

thats how it goes imo

Mysterio beats batman 10 of 10, but carnage only beats him 9 of 10?

Oh wait, I just remembered what site I'm on. You think batman can beat carnage 9 of 10 and think spidey couldnt beat the joker once.

How embarrassing.

redhotrash
There are some similiarities between enemies here, at least the gimmicky ones. Clayface and Poison Ivy (at least the classic version of her) wouldnt be all that different from like Hydroman or Sandman. You just need to know their flaw and all of a sudden all that crazy potential they have is moot. That said, I think Spider-man would fare better overall. A lot of the more physical Batman enemies, he can outmatch. As far as the Joker or the other Batman psychopaths go, Parker has had to hide his family before. He could put his aunt in some discreet hotel room (Tony Stark and all his resources couldnt find them last time). As for MJ, she and Spidey dont know each other anymore, remember? lol
Anyway, a lot of Spidey's enemies could potentially end Batman's life very quickly. Electro for example is a beast when he wants to be. So yeah I see Spider-man doing better, but also ending up a basket case after the experience

Phantom Zone
What's your point? I just showed Batman KOing several 100 tonners with punches and kicks. The guy in comics and the guy on the forum are vastly different.

In one of Batman's issues OYL, he made the note that Poison Ivy is almost as strong as Swamp Thing now.

Something tells me that is a high showing because Batman has had trouble with far weaker opponents. Hell Captain America hurt Korvac but I dont expect him to hurt somebody as powerful as Korvac everything single time.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by redhotrash
I see Spider-man doing better, but also ending up a basket case after the experience

I think people are really selling Peter's mental stability short. He has dealt with some pretty damn mental situations. People on here are acting like he has never dealt with any pressure confused

The Green Goblin has caused him a whole lot of grief and Parker has never cracked. The Jackal (yeah everyone forgets about him) didn't even cause Peter to crack.

The Joker is a bad ass, and yeah he is different than anyone Peter has gone up against, but its not like Peter hasn't dealt with lunatics before.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
I think people are really selling Peter's mental stability short. He has dealt with some pretty damn mental situations. People on here are acting like he has never dealt with any pressure confused

The Green Goblin has caused him a whole lot of grief and Parker has never cracked. The Jackal (yeah everyone forgets about him) didn't even cause Peter to crack.

The Joker is a bad ass, and yeah he is different than anyone Peter has gone up against, but its not like Peter hasn't dealt with lunatics before.

Agreed

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime

Exactly everybody keeps exaggerating how unpredicatble The Joker is. To be quite honest how is he that much different?

Mindset
What's your point? I just showed Batman KOing several 100 tonners with punches and kicks. The guy in comics and the guy on the forum are vastly different.

Just wondering, how does Batman know how strong Swamp Thing is?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Mindset
Just wondering, how does Batman know how strong Swamp Thing is?

Knowing Batman he probably has files on Swamp Thing.

The Illuminati
Against Rhino in a city street? Pshh, screw prep. He wins 10/10.

Like most Spidey rogues, Rhino is borderline retarded. And BAtman is far more intelligent than Spidey.

And this is why Batman wins and Spidey loses.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/DoctorDestiny132.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/DoctorDestiny133.jpg

And i just thought it was because you said so... stick out tongue

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by The Illuminati
And i just thought it was because you said so... stick out tongue

Wow, that convinced me. confused

occultdestroyer
Joker slaughters and mutilates Aunt May, chops her body parts, and keeps them in Peter's fridge so he could get something to snack on when he comes back home.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Joker slaughters and mutilates Aunt May, chops her body parts, and keeps them in Peter's fridge so he could get something to snack on when he comes back home.

woahhh, you are dark shifty

Phantom Zone

Dark? Change ark to ick. I think thats what you mean't to say. thumb up

Shit that rhymes as well

occultdestroyer
Well, I guess everyone has a dark side.
BTW I'm not looney or a couchpotato who watches too much horror movies.
I don't even watch movies that much at all.
And I'm perfectly sane.

Now if I was demented and twisted as the Joker, imagine what I could come up with.

For Pete's sake, this psycho laughs in the face of fear. Just ask Raven.

Phantom Zone

For Pete's sake, this psycho laughs in the face of fear. Just ask Raven.

Or Jason Todd.

occultdestroyer
Or Jason Todd.

Jason was mocking him, he wasn't instilling fear upon the Joker.

Do you understand English? Because 'mocking' and 'scaring' are two very different words.

Phantom Zone
Jason was mocking him, he wasn't instilling fear upon the Joker.

Do you understand English? Because 'mocking' and 'scaring' are two very different words.

Im aware of that but im not going to explain the significance.

occultdestroyer
Dark? Change ark to ick. I think thats what you mean't to say. thumb up

Shit that rhymes as well

I sexed your mama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.