Vice Presidents....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Transfinitum
Well now that Obama has clinched the Democratic nomination (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1918) and McCain is gearing up for the general election, the question becomes, who will be the Vice Presidents to these candidates? And based upon that, who do you think will have the advantage going into the General Election?

My personal opinion: McCain will take Romney, because of his strong economic stance (which McCain lacks) and because Romney has a lot of conservatives that supported him.

Obama is a trickier question; for his sake, I would say Hillary Clinton. If he takes anyone else, a sizable number of democrats would not vote for him. Now that's easier said than done; i doubt Hillary would go as VP because I am assuming she will run for president again in 4 years. Also, based on her speech last night (where she did not make any announcements for or against the proposition of Vice President).

McCain/Romney vs. Obama/Clinton; for me that would be too close to call.

Your opinions?

lord xyz
Dennis Kucinich.

DigiMark007
Clinton is an incredibly logical running mate, and represents a demographic (women) that would help Obama.

...but she did nothing but attack him mercilessly for months on end, and is still refusing to give up her bid for the nomination. All the negative stuff would come back to bite Obama in the ass. So she could've been the ideal VP, but burned her bridges a while ago. I'd be surprised if Barack goes that way.

Ted Stickland's name has come up. He's the Dem. governor of Ohio, with the idea being that he could help swing Ohio to Obama. There's a female congresswoman from Arizona whose name has come up too (I forget her name though). A woman would compliment his ticket nicely.

Strangelove
Shouldn't we do separate threads for each party? That would make more sense in my mind.

And Digi, let's not forget that the exact same thing happened in 1980; George Bush Sr. attacked Reagan just as "mercilessly", and he ended up being his two-term VP.

The congresswoman you're thinking of is Gabrielle Giffords

=Tired Hiker=
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24961184/?GT1=43001 This article states:

Clinton aides, meanwhile, ramped up speculation of her as Obama's running mate. "I think a lot of her supporters would like to see her on the ticket," Clinton campaign chairman Terry McAuliffe said. But Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs cautioned "there is no deal in the works."

I think it would be great if the two of them ran together. And as far as working together after mercilessly attacking him, I think they both know it was just for campaign tactics, nothing personal.

Transfinitum
Originally posted by Strangelove
Shouldn't we do separate threads for each party? That would make more sense in my mind.

And Digi, let's not forget that the exact same thing happened in 1980; George Bush Sr. attacked Reagan just as "mercilessly", and he ended up being his two-term VP.

The congresswoman you're thinking of is Gabrielle Giffords

Alright I'll make one for republicans.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Transfinitum
Alright I'll make one for republicans. Sorry, I guess I stepped on your toes there.

Transfinitum
Originally posted by Strangelove
Sorry, I guess I stepped on your toes there.
No problem, Its all cleared up now smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.