Favorite movie soundtrack?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VampirePrincess
So what is your favorite movie soundtrack?

Mine is....
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings
Interview with the Vampire
The Crow
The Mighty
Ever After
The Crow Salvation
The Last Unicorn
Legend
Labyrinth

Ushgarak
Requiem for a Dream and Schindler's List have to be two of my favourites.

finti
WARRIORS

mah
Lord of the Rings, Requiem for a Dream, Star Wars.

finti
Lost Boys

Darla
The original Star Wars trilogy, plus Episode 1 (Episode 2 soudtrack was lame)
Hannibal
Gladiator
and probably loads more that i can't think of

Ushgarak
Episode II soundtrack worked in the film MUCH better than the TPM one did- the final two scnes are very powerful musically indeed. In TPM the score was chopped into tiny pieces, DOTF integreated appallingly with the general action music.

Thomas H
The Rock!

Tex

Bad Boy
ARMAGEDDON- WOW!!!! What a soundtrack!

Same goes for, The Rock, Face/Off, Bad Boys, Pearl Harbor, The Crow, Enemy of The State and Summer of Sam.

Mujaffa
lord of the rings, moulin rouge, armageddon off-course, star wars every one of them, blues brothers and the sickest of'em all requim for a dream...

Thomas H
Opps, forgot Armageddon, that was a great soundtrack!

BackFire349
requiem for a dream hands down.

finti
The Graduate

Thomas H
?

finti
film staring Dustin Hoffman and Ann Bancroft.
Simon And Garfunkle has the soundtracks with songs like Mrs Robinson, Sound of Silence and Scarborough Fair

BackFire349
that movies damn good.

finti
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh ok, I guess?????????

Thomas H
ok...

Obsessed
Queen of the Damned and Scream 2...Pulp Fiction and Romeo and Juliet are good as well.

Thomas H
Black Hawk Down has a pretty good soundtrack!

Mujaffa
lord of the rings two towers... Happy Dance

Thomas H
ehh??

KooLozer
Anyone know the title of the song from "Phone Booth" movie trailer? I don't think it's on the soundtrack album. Please anyone reply, thanks.

brownie
I think it is the same music type from Snatch. Its the same brothers that helped out with the Beastie Boys on the Paul Boutique album.

chico23
Dust Brothers did snatch?

brownie
Your right Dust Brothers done fight club. But the music sounds like Snatch and that was done by John Murphy.

glenn
Star Wars ep2
Indiana Jones
Jaws
Pearl Harbor

athenix
Requiem for a Dream
Titus

czehner
Passion and Long Walk Home the Soundtracks to "The Last Temptation of Christ" and "The Rabbit Proof Fence" respectively. Both by Peter Gabriel.

Thomas H
Beverly Hills cop and The Rock!

diegocala
Singles...hands down

preston mullins
Trainspotting is better than any soundtrack that any of you have ever mentioned in your life. The original Muppet Movie is the only soundtrack that can compete with Trainspotting. Hands down, way down.

svicic
Moulin Rouge one and two,Spy who shagged me,Queen of the damned,About a boy, all the Star Wars ones,Romeo and Juliet, Matrix(1+2),Knight's Tale,Shrek,Dirty Dancing,Spiceworld the Movie(come on they WERE legends!)Notting Hill and there are LOADS more which I can't think of yet.....

Seraph
LOTR-trilogy
catch me if you can
Matrix 1&2 (not the score but the songs)

Darth Vicious
Bad Boys, Top Gun, Star Wars

AliasNeo15
Matrix 1 & 2

ChinaNiki
Grease
Beverly Hills Cop
10 Things I Hate About You
Center Stage
Selena

G.P
Gladiator
Crimson Tide (both by Hans Zimmer)
X-men (Mickael Kamen)

Nefertite
The Lord of the Rings (1 & 2)
The Hours
Matrix (1 & 2)
Moulin Rouge

I don't remember better than these

Godshinto
Lion King
2Fast 2 Furious
Blade 1
8 mile

in that order

mardook
Originally posted by VampirePrincess
So what is your favorite movie soundtrack?

Alien 3: Elliot Goldenthal
Willow: James Horner
Jurassic Park: John Williams
Star Trek Vi: Cliff Eidelman
Legend: Tangerine Dream/Jerry Goldsmith
Mansfield Park: Leslie Barber
Aliens: James Horner
Beetlejuice: Danny Elfman
Star Wars Trilogy: John Williams
Edward Scissorhands: Danny Elfman

Walter Simard
Forrest Gump's double CD soundtrack with its 32 American classics, from Elvis Presley's Hound Dog to Bob Seager & The Silver Bullet Band's Against the Wind.

-=Urot=-
Transformers the movie.

I get my kicks running around the house, listening to Instruments Of Destruction in my Transformer Underroos with a red towel around my neck like superman.

Seriously. here are my favs.

1.Transformers the movie.
2. Queen of the damned soundtrack & score.
3. Intervire With The Vampire.
4.Star trek II The wrath of Khan.
5.RockStar The Movie. (yes we all die young.)
6.The forest gump Soundtrack.
7.Hair The original soundtrack.
8.Sarafina (The sound Of Freedom)
9.Grease 1 & 2 Soundtrack.
10.School Daze.
11.The Malcolm x soundtrack.

This last one is not a movie soundtrack, but it has Great music on it.

Its Castlevania Symphony Of The Night for PS1.

This is an awesome sondtrack.

sargoth7
ANYTHING THAT JOHN WILLIAMS DOES IS THE BEST NOTHING CAN TOP IT NOTHING CAN OWN IT JOHN WILLIAMS IS THE GREATEST EVER YOU CANNOT ARGUE I WIN.

-=Urot=-
Oh and I forgot to add the Rocky trilogy soundtrack.

Vince DiCola did the Rocky & Transformers Soundtracks in the 80s. IMO his stuff is great.

CaptainTrips
The Crow..Natural Born Killers..Pulp Fiction and the original Heavy Metal soundtrack..oh and Highlander and Dune are pretty good too : D

Sheepz
- Rocky Horror
- Chicago
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Bye Bye Birdie, Original London Cast

diegocala
Run Lola Run

Kes
Don't use Caps Lock ppl will think you are screaming.
Thanks smile

Rogue Jedi
the crow 1&2, resident evil. yes, john williams does rock!!!!!

*~PyrosLady~*
...in order from 1 to 5:

1) "X-Men" & "Brotherhood of the Wolf" (sorry, couldn't decide... so both first place...!) eek! big grin

2) "The Crimson Rivers" stick out tongue

3) diverse "James Bond" Soundtracks roll eyes (sarcastic)

4) diverse "Holiday on Ice" Soundtracks wink

5) "LotR - FotR" cool

Happy Dance - greetz,

Skytraveller
----Swordfish------Rules--------
Best score is Days of thunder

BOPRecruit 16
vampire princess, you like the manga "fake"? omg! that manga is so disturbing, mentally and all those perverted thoughts and images that followed torturing and amusing my mind. whenever i saw vol. 1 in stores, i tried very hard not to read it nor buy it. my amusement to find it is too tempting. too bad the west has tax and the east doesn't. not fair! fake is disturbing! fake is disturbing! and your quote in siggy, ......no comments! i'll go now before i have a mental/perversion breakdown. ~lol~ ja ne~

~battosai yuriko~

Pirateboy
The Ry Cooder sound tracks do it for me, thats a really erie sound and really makes those movies sound good, especially when the characters are traveling over the desert like in Crossroads with Ralph Machio and that other film about those soldiers on a training excersise in the luisianna wetlands and the Cajuns come after them one by one.

I also like Black Hawk Down, just after everyone shouts "Irene",
Stevie Ray Vaughan plays Voodoo Chile.

Road trip has some good soundtracks aswell as Oh Brother Where for Art Though

The blues brothers films do too, not just the blues brothers thems selves but the more authentic artists like John Lee Hooker who play in the films

finally its an old film but Tom Hanks Forrest Theme tune with the feather blowing around is also good

Chicago is good there are plenty of movies filmed in Luisianna for that really nice sound like "double Jeapardy"

i wish there to be a chicago 2, about Muddy Waters Lightnin' Hopkins on about the post war Chicago Blues sceene.

Nshah6880
By far, it has to be "Reality Bites." It has songs like "My Sharona" and "All I Want Is You by U2. That reminds me that there is a 10th Anniversary soundtrack that just came out. I think there are bonus tracks on it. Does anyone know what songs will be part of the bonus tracks?

Dario Argento
Ennio Moricone's soundtracks to Sergio Leone's Westerns

Dario Argento
Requiem for Dream is a good one too.

Discos
Kevin & Perry Go Large

Beavis & Butthead Do America

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Wayne's World 1

hobbit_lover
Lord of the Rings - Howard Shore

and Edward Scissorhands - Danny Elfman

theReject
Pirates of the Caribbean big grin

Cotume1023
Braveheart
Lord of the Rings (all three movies)
The Mists of Avalon
Pirates of the Caribbean
Titanic
Pearl Harbor
Nicholas Nickleby
Emma
Legends of the Fall
Harry Potter 2

moonwalker741
pulp fiction

PanIsMYMan08
definetly Lord of the Rings(perferably Return of the King) and Pirates of the Caribbean. i want the peter pan soundtrack cuz i love the songs on it. does anyone have that one?

angiel
lotr
matrix
kill bill
pulp fiction
batman (the first one)
superman

Agent Elrond
LotR and Matrix

Two differnet styles, but they both rock rock

*Alison*
I would say both Blade soundtracks, but unfortunately they left off most of the good songs that were actually in the movie, in favor of a bunch of rap songs that weren't. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mightywease
"Midnight in the Garden of good and Evil". Kevin Spacey singing "That Old Black Magic" Fantastic!

All_For_Orlando
Fave movie soundtrack=the LOTR soundtracks big grin

dimad
favourite soundtracks: Requiem for a dream, Starwars and Kevin and perry go large heh, the movie 'monster' should have a pretty good theme too, with BT doing it and all; I also heard John Digweed was doing a soundtrack for a movie, should be pretty good too smile

Angel Heart 75
The Crow and Trainspotting 's ones

RonyLeBeau
The Piano smile

Drac39
Star Wars
LOTR are my all time favorites

TheFilmProphet
Spider-Man 1 big grin

Primitive Screwhead #1
Any musical score done by Hans Zimmer (Gladiator, The Rock, etc.). The guy is incredible.

TheFilmProphet
Danny Elfman is the best hes done Batman, Spider-Man, Edward Scissorhands, Hulk, Batman Returns, Spider-Man 2, and Big Fish plus tons more.

Lord_Andres
1.Rockstar(Jeff Scott Soto need I say more? he rocks!)
2.Rocky 4(great 80's AOR/Melodic rock all the way trough!)
3.Days Of Thunder(the first half of the cd is great 80's AOR/melodic rock)
4.Over The Top(good AOR cd)
5.Cobra(same goes for this one)

Lord_Andres
Damn I forgot the Young Guns 2 soundtrack by Bon Jovi one of my fav CD's ever! all the songs are just great!

botankus
River's Edge had the best soundtrack I ever heard in 1987, and I would say still the best.

Has classics like Evil has no Boundaries and Die by the Sword by Slayer and Lethal Tendencies by Hallow's Eve, and the like. Also Fates Warning and Agent Orange.

Red Superfly
Starsky and Hutch, Spider-Man and Kill Bill have great soundtracks.

I also like The Ghostbusters soundtrack.

lucija
Frida - originall mexican music

sonofasaiyan
Spiderman, Titanic, The Shawshank Redemption and Star Wars Episode II: AOTC.

Jamesy693
I can't think of best sound track but i can think of best album for a film and thats the Mission Imposible 2 album only if they put Metallica - Mission Imposible Heavy metal remix on instead of limp bizkit version!!

Aini
house of 1000 corpses

scabby mcgee
High Fidelity

Tired Hiker
'Trainspotting' all the way!

Freddy Lover
Freddy vs. Jason!! I love that movie. I'm wearing a t-shirt right now!Cuz I love Freddy!babyI'm NO BABY!

lotrxtremist
lord of the rings and star wars are pretty good! wink

sum1butno1
The soundtrack from the Resident Evil movie had some really cool Manson scores on it, and it's got an awesome version of Slipknot's "My Plague" on it.

speiderman
Matrix Reloaded.

speiderman
and Lord of the Rings

Lydia_J
Armageddon is by far my favourite,

speiderman
The Aerosmith song from the movie is great.

s|m
The Village ~ nice

Clavis
I kinda like freaky friday confused

KharmaDog
Garden State

el barto
i agree the Resident Evil score is the best ever!!!!!

vagaryatwill
I always like the Singles soundtrack. Garden State is pretty good, too.

cal31
My favorite would have to be any of the Star Wars movies or Collateral.

Jeff-Man
Napoleon Dynamite and Envy have funny music

DVDFREAK
the crow
purple rain
spawn
singles

papabeard
I love the incidental music score in Bubba Ho-Tep

cgtuna21
Boogie Nights!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the Way, you guys are forgetting this excellent all about 70's music soundtrack

Lord of the Rings
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars
Forrest Gump
Braveheart
Glory
The Graduate

Piggle Humsy
Queen of the Damned
Holes
Dirty Dancing
Lord of the Rings
Good Morning Vietnam
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

All I can think of for now...

one eye

Mr Parker
Blues Brothers
star wars
rocky
superman

baracustastic
Almost Famous
Star Wars
Back to the Future
Big Lebowski
Indiana Jones

golden moon
spiderman soundtrack - danny elfman

harry potter - john williams

bilb
Singles
Star Wars
Legends of the Fall
Rushmore
Nightmare Before Christmas
Pulp Fiction
Schindler's List
Clerks

Time Of Evil
Terminator trilogy.

xLiNdS x 622x
Now & Then and Crybaby

DineshD
Oceans 12 is by far the greatest... when the Night Fox is dancing through the lasers wow that song is amazing.

Rapscallion
Yeah, I really like the music when the night fox goes through the lasers too, but it is not my favorite.

My favorites in order are...

Amadeus- I don't know if this counts because they don't use an original score. The whole film is scored using Mozart. The Mozart Requiem which is used through out the last half hour or so of the movie is possibly the greatest classical piece ever written. It is so haunting and beautiful.

Schindler's list- Totally out of style from what we are used to hearing from John Williams, but it is fantastic.The violin solos are incredibly simple, but at the same time heart-wrenching and played with such restrained emotion that it feels as though the musician himself( Itzhak Perlman) is fighting to hold back tears.

LOTR- Truly epic. You can feel the weight of what is at stake for the characters and the themes capture the feeling and the size of middle Earth.

Saving Private Ryan- the music during the film is used sparingly. What is really special about this score is Hymn To the Fallen which plays over the end credits.( I actually got a chance to play this piece in an orchestra a few months ago. Good fun.)

Lawrence of Arabia- A very exciting score. It can be Slow and majestic or agitated and energetic. Very fun to listen to.

Princess Mononoke- Beautiful but sad and regretful. Perfect for the movie it's in.

Hero- again, violinist Itzhak Perlman gives a strong performance playing the violin solos written by Tan Dun. The main theme which is repeated many times is extremely versitile. It can be loud and grand representing the battles of armies containing thousands of soldiers or it can be intimate and personal depicting the internal conflict of one man.

Finding Neverland- fun light and charming, but nothing profoundly original.

Honorable Mention

Star Wars
Indiana Jones Trilogy
pirates of the caribbean
James Bond
Oceans 11 and 12
House of Flying Daggers
Cyrano de Bergerac

wow I didn't know I could be such a blowhard. sorry for the long post, my fingers got away from me.

SleaterKinney32
Any Quentin Tarantino film
Lost in Translation
Requiem for a Dream

Morpheus
raver star wars>6,3
matrix 1(with the score )
matrix 2(with the score )
matrix 3
SIN CITY
me and you and everyone we know
garden state raver

Morpheus
Originally posted by SleaterKinney32
Any Quentin Tarantino film
Lost in Translation
Requiem for a Dream raver Any Quentin Tarantino film
thumb up thumb up thumb up raver

.Dance_Inside.
The Phantom of the Opera yes

general-pain
Hero.

MissCurlyCat
Pocahontas was my very favorite. The only thing I don't like about is that the 2 BEST songs ( Colours of the Wind, and If I Never Knew You) Were not sung by Mel Gibson and Judy k.. Instead they were sung by pop star wannabes who wrecked the songs with their vocal acrobatics and long hi-piched OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHS!!

Fianna
LOTR is top...truly beautiful music and so fitting with the movies.. big grin

The others are Croucing Tiger, Hidden Dragorn, Master and Commander and Moulin Rouge happy

04wayne
Celine Dion - My Heart will go on

Mandorallen
rocky 4

Agent 69
The royal tenenbaums with out a doubt in my mind

stunna1773
bad boys 2 shake your tailfeather

general-pain
Revenge of the Sith: "Padme's Ruminations" "Battle of the Heroes" "Anakin's Dark Deeds" and "Enter Lord Vader"

nastyyy
I like soundtrack of Titanik love

JenR1215
SIN CITY had the by far Best Soundtrack I have ever listened to. I also LOVE Garden State, Trainspotting and SLC PUNK, SW Ep.III: ROTS.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BOY-IE!"

band nopity

§P0oONY
I like the Kill Bill OST. Also LOTR

Xtremechik2
PoTO, South Park: BLU, and Team America: World Police

JenR1215
I love the song playing in Kill Biil V.2 at the part wear Uma Turman and that lady with the eye patch are fighting and Uma plucks her eye out!!!

ha-HA

§P0oONY
I like the Music in Vol.1 where it is introducing O-Ren

indie_director
Kill Bill... all three lord of the rings.. Harry Potter.. Sin City.

nightphantom
favorite movie soundtrack hands down= Phantom of the Opera

Blue450Rider
Some are:
-Batman 89
-Star Wars-All of them
-Lord of the Rings-All of them
-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
-Jurassic Rark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.