Sgt Rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Theres a Sgt Rock movie in the works

Producer Joel Silver is attempting to make a film of it and it seems they've picked Guy Ritchie to direct it

BruceSkywalker
Arnold Schwarzenegger was attached to this twenty years ago. Who they get now is anyones guess. Hope the story is good.

jcvaldez
I just hope it's not the Rock or vin deisel or some other muscle bound meat head.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jcvaldez
I just hope it's not the Rock or vin deisel or some other muscle bound meat head.

Other than them the only other choice are wrestlers turned actors

Kazenji
I don't know much about the comic itself but what sort of villians did he go up against ?

jcvaldez
Sgt. Rock was a WW II war hero who fought Nazis - That's why the actor who plays him does not have to be some big muscle meat head. It can be any actor that can look tough, war experienced, take no nonsense kind of guy.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Other than them the only other choice are wrestlers turned actors

why?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji
I don't know much about the comic itself but what sort of villians did he go up against ?

I do not know who this character is, but after doing a half-hearted search, he seems to be much like Cap

Kazenji
Like Cap except the without the Super soldier surem and the shield

Thats what i was thinking

don't know whats up with people on this board and picking wreastlers to play the superhero's

They may look the part but some of them can't act for shit

Cept for the Rock who's at least still trying to get there.

ScarletSpeed
I like The Rocks acting...

that's right, I went therelaughing out loud

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
Theres a Sgt Rock movie in the works

Producer Joel Silver is attempting to make a film of it and it seems they've picked Guy Ritchie to direct it

Well that's a f**ked up idea; getting Guy Ritchie. What the hell would he bring to a project like that?
Sgt. Rock didn't fight anyone but Nazis in Europe. He didn't have a Red Skull-like archenemy.
Joel Silver first made noise about this twenty years ago. If only DC could make up it's mind about what it wants to do, other than Batman film series. They don't know if it's worth it to go ahead with more Superman films, or if a JLA film will suck on arrival. They can't even get it together to do Wonder Woman - and noise is being made about Sgt. Rock?
Unless they try to make it like the Punisher series for Marvel, with lots of violent deaths...

Kazenji
Guy Ritche no longer in the directors chair

roughrider
They want to move Sgt. Rock's period into the future? What the f**k?

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2009/11/sgt-rock-francis-lawrence-akiva-goldsman-joel-silver.html

starlock
My older brother was a huge Sgt rock fan....and he would be pissed...if he even cared anymore..lol...but this is wrong...and it wont work well i.m.o.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=9034

what a way to ruin the scource material.

WickedDynamite
I think the move to have it in the future isn't as bad as some of you think.

If Sgt Rock was release today...people would scream out "rip-off" of Inglorious Basterds.

We all know that WWII comics preceed all of this...but general movie goers would feel they're watching a copycat version of Tarantino's film. Just wait for further news to see what happens.

roughrider
Sgt. Rock just got ridiculous as the years went on anyway. It went from being a good wartime comic, to being a separate earth where WWII has been going for fifty years, by the time of COIE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.