Dualities

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
I'm wondering what you guys think about characters that have two images/lives...their superhero side, and their 'normal' counterpart

i.e.

bruce wayne / batman
peter parker / spiderman
clark kent / superman
tony starks / iron man

etc, etc

Some questions for you to chew on: How does one side effect the other? which is the dominant side? Can they separate the two sides? If you had powers, would you create a separate identity or just be yourself?

I just want this thread to be about the duality aspect of many of our favorite superheros.

ScarletSpeed
I personally think I would take the wonder woman approach and release my true identity,

probably cause I have such a big mouth and can't keep secretslaughing out loud

DigiMark007
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I personally think I would take the wonder woman approach and release my true identity,

probably cause I have such a big mouth and can't keep secretslaughing out loud

She also has no family to protect, at least not one that can't defend themselves.

Most dual personas are an extension of their regular persona. There isn't an appreciable difference between, say, Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Self-depricating humor to mask emotional turmoil, sense of responsibility, etc.

Same with most. There's a much more practical reason for it, usually to avoid litigation or to protect loved ones. And even if it is slightly different, the costume usually just brings out an aspect of their regular personality, rather than changing it entirely.

Batman and Superman are actually the only 2 I can think of offhand that do have a major difference between their identities. Hulk/Banner, obviously, but that's not a voluntary change.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.