Comic Book Movie Re-Write!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jcvaldez
eek!

If you could re-write the story/plot to any comic book movie what would it be?

I'll start with Spiderman 3 (there are scenes that I did like which I'll use in my re-write) I don't like the Spiderman movies very much. That's why I'm starting off with this one.

First there would be no Sandman or Gwen in the movie! Harry Osborn would be shown very little in movie. Mostly preparing to be the Hobgoblin for Spiderman 4. Spiderman 3 would be entirely a Venom movie.

The movie begins with Peter Parker and Mary Jane becoming more in love with each other. Spiderman is becoming more accepted by the public. (kind of how the real movie started) John Jameson has accepted Mary Jane leaving him and has moved on. On a space mission, Jameson unknowningly encounters the Venom symbiote. The symbiote attaches itself to Jameson. While on earth Spiderman easily dispatches villains from the C-list (Shocker, Vultur, Scorpion). Eddie Brok becomes a new photographer at the daily bugle. He hates Peter, he begins to flirt with Mary Jane trying to steal her away. Peter doesn't like Eddie's intentions, but MJ says he's harmless. He makes Peter's life hell. (I actually liked Eddie's motive in the movie, but it needed to be more sadistic or vengeful) Days, after John Jameson return from space, he begins to act differently and violently. He wants Mary Jane back, and suddenly becomes deathly ill. Mary Jane visits John to see if there is anyway she can help. Peter, finds Mary Jane's visit suspicious. As Spiderman, he visits John to see if can help. The symbiote feels Spiderman's more healthier and stronger body wants to use Spiderman as his host. So it latches to him. Spiderman is about to leave, J.J. Jameson walks in and accuses Spiderman of poisoning his son! Later, Peter feels frustrated with everything going on in his personal life. Then symbiote feeds off of these feelings and engulf Peter. Peter wakes up in the Venom costume (like in the movie). Spiderman likes the ruch of adrenaline that the symbiote gives. As the movie progresses, he becomes more violent and angry. He goes to Dr. Conners for help. (like in the movie) Dr. Conners, sees a potential benefit of th symbiote and combines extracted DNA of the symbiote with his work on Lizard DNA to regrow his arm. The experiment fails turning Conners into the Lizard. Tha Lizard goes on a rampage. Spiderman intervenes and brutally attacks the Lizard which reverts back to Dr. Conners. J.J. Jameson blames Spiderman for turning Dr. Conners into the Lizard. The public finds Spiderman dangerous. And MJ doesn't like the way he's becoming. Eddie consoles her but makes Peter believe that she left him for Eddie. Peter then destroys his life. In a violent outburst Peter attacks everyone, even MJ and Aunt May. Peter stunned at himself leaves. Remembering what Dr. Conner told him about the symbiote's weakness to sound waves goes to the clock tower Eddie is there as well and Peter rejects the symbiote which then attaches to Eddie(like the movie). Peter then confides in MJ and tells what happened, and they resolve their problems and go back to normal. Eddie now with his new found powers begin to haunt Peter. Eddie tarnishes Spiderman's reputation even more, to the point that the military steps in to capture Spiderman. Eddie captures MJ and Aunt May.
The climax of the movie is a huge fight between Spiderman and Venom. (like in the movie) Spiderman is cleared and reputation is back to normal. Venom does not die. Spiderman separates the symbiote from Eddie. Eddie is arrested and the Vemon symbiote is contained. Happy ending. Harry becomes Hobgoblin and goes after Spiderman. (possible sequel) The End.

SnakeEyes
I'll name the movies I'd like to have re-written, but to be honest I don't have enough motivation to write out my own plots. I'd have scrapped the existing stories for Spider-Man 3 and X3 though; so much potential was destroyed by those films.

jcvaldez
I agree

Mr Parker
so do I.jcvaldez check your pm box.I'll write mine later but that will take some time.

BruceSkywalker
The only movie for me to re write is Daredevil. I would have written it to never even exist. In my version, the story would have been faithful to the comic book and not have the actor wear some red leather outfit. I would have also written Colin Farrell to cuss more and have Elektra written differently by having her origin better than DD's

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
The only movie for me to re write is Daredevil. I would have written it to never even exist. In my version, the story would have been faithful to the comic book and not have the actor wear some red leather outfit. I would have also written Colin Farrell to cuss more and have Elektra written differently by having her origin better than DD's

what was wrong with his suit? I thought it seemed practical and looked cool.

I think leaving Elektra out of the story altogether would have helped that movie a lot

ScarletSpeed
Yeah same,

I think they should have left her out, and possibly made a sequel with her.

King B
Well X3 was just wrong in my book.
1. The big fight since where the so called mutants where just run at the x-men. why did'nt they use there power's to fight insteed of runing in to the x-men. & magneto had a whole bridge of metal to use but he just stood there.
2. I think they played Juggernaut & Phenix wrong two
3. Why kill of the 3 X-Men?

Mindship
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what was wrong with his suit? I thought it seemed practical and looked cool. Agreed. It was one of the better translations of spandex into live-action attire (musta been hot as hell to wear, tho).

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Mindship
Agreed. It was one of the better translations of spandex into live-action attire (musta been hot as hell to wear, tho).

I can't really see any other way they could have portrayed Daredevils costume without it looking anymore camp laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what was wrong with his suit? I thought it seemed practical and looked cool.

I think leaving Elektra out of the story altogether would have helped that movie a lot

Simply put, the suit was shiite and it s*cked. He should have worn a red rubber suit and not some leather duds from the '70s

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.