Zom/Strange vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
assume strange never assumes any sort of control as he did in his fight against wwh. he was absolutely slaughtering wwh before strange's human side gave hulk a chance to get back in it. zom/strange did FAR more harm than sentry did. had strange let zom continue, i think wwh would have likely died not too long after . . .

would zom/strange be able to muster what it would take to take it to the titan?

and quanchi thinks the thread is ridiculous and that thanos would crush strange/zom.

there, now you can simply observe, quanchi. i've saved you the need of having to post at all in this thread. big grin

Astner
Wel Zom/Strange did lost to (got tricked by) World War Hulk.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
assume strange never assumes any sort of control as he did in his fight against wwh. he was absolutely slaughtering wwh before strange's human side gave hulk a chance to get back in it. zom/strange did FAR more harm than sentry did. had strange let zom continue, i think wwh would have likely died not too long after . . .

and quanchi thinks the thread is ridiculous and that thanos would crush strange/zom.

there, now you can simply observe, quanchi. i've saved you the need of having to post at all in this thread. big grin Thanos is above WW Hulk who can take anything Zom/Strange throws at him. Zom/Strange cant survive one assault from WW Hulk calling into question his durability.

Thanos' durability has been shown to take on Thor with the power gem(who by the way is more powerful than WW Hulk or Zom/Strange by a huge margin and cant be physically ko'd),Odin,Tyrant,Maker(being with infinite power) so yes I think he wins this easily.

My opinion is backed by factual relevant comic book info.

leonheartmm
spite thread, either strange or zom can EASILY solo thanos. no contest.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonheartmm
spite thread, either strange or zom can EASILY solo thanos. no contest. Did you read WW Hulk?

Nihilist

there, now you can simply observe, quanchi. i've saved you the need of having to post at all in this thread. big grin

thanos took a full blow from the magus with a incomplete ig and survived.so i reckon he can handle whatever strane/zom was dishing out.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Did you read WW Hulk?

do you know that thanos is below sky fathers and both current strange with all his artifacts and zom are above them and both have gone up against abstracts and actually won?

janus77

I agree Zom/Strange was the FAR more effective and destructive opponent for King Hulk but I definitely do not agree with the conjecture that Hulk would have died if Zom/Strange had continued at the rate and ferocity he was going.

remember EVERYTHING Zom/Strange threw at Hulk, Hulk recovered from within a panel or two, nothing affected him in any way as to support such a conjecture, further Hulk obviously was getting stronger and if the fight had continued with the intensity and abandon it started with, King Hulk himself would have gone World Breaker. meaning a swift and undignified end to Strange's life (as Zom/Strange's durability is not upto an assault from Hulk).

Nihilist
do you know that thanos is below sky fathers and both current strange with all his artifacts and zom are above them and both have gone up against abstracts and actually won?
the strange that fought wwh was a weaker strange than his "classic" days.plus it was only a tiny fraction of zom soul he was empowered by.

quanchi112
do you know that thanos is below sky fathers and both current strange with all his artifacts and zom are above them and both have gone up against abstracts and actually won? You didnt read WW Hulk and this post confirms it.

This isnt about Strange and Zom wit his artifacts its about Strange?Zom who took on WW Hulk. It was a physical battle. Read WW Hulk please.

leonidas
Originally posted by janus77
I agree Zom/Strange was the FAR more effective and destructive opponent for King Hulk but I definitely do not agree with the conjecture that Hulk would have died if Zom/Strange had continued at the rate and ferocity he was going.

remember EVERYTHING Zom/Strange threw at Hulk, Hulk recovered from within a panel or two, nothing affected him in any way as to support such a conjecture, further Hulk obviously was getting stronger and if the fight had continued with the intensity and abandon it started with, King Hulk himself would have gone World Breaker. meaning a swift and undignified end to Strange's life (as Zom/Strange's durability is not upto an assault from Hulk).

you never responded to the battle . . . shifty

janus77
you never responded to the battle . . . shifty
lol,
umm, seriously I think Zom/Strange was pretty much in the Thanos ballpark as far as offensive might is concerned... but Thanos took everything a pretty angry Odin had to throw so, I'd say Thanos would beat Zom/Strange.

Galan007

there, now you can simply observe, quanchi. i've saved you the need of having to post at all in this thread. big grin lolz @ leo for thinking it's that easy. laughing out loud

Astner
Actually Zom/Stange is a PIS monster or just weaker than both Strange and Zom.

Soljer
Zom would stomp Thanos - I doubt anyone disagrees.

Zom/Strange would get beaten down quite quickly.

ultimatethor
Thanos

llagrok
Energy attack, dead strange/zom.

Knowsbleed33
Thanos would win. Strange would never allow himself to cut loose enough to defeat Thanos for fear of being overwhelmed by Zom.

Zom alone would destroy Thanos.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Soljer
Zom would stomp Thanos - I doubt anyone disagrees.

Zom/Strange would get beaten down quite quickly.

Completly agreed.

Zom would stomp.

Thanos stomp 11/10 Zom/Strange.

Astner
Strange/Zom pretty much proved that Marvel fusion is the direct opposite of Dragonball fusion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Astner
Strange/Zom pretty much proved that Marvel fusion is the direct opposite of Dragonball fusion. He wasnt impressive at all. I think most agree on this.

Nihilist
Amadeus cho empowered by zom was beaten by angel laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
Amadeus cho empowered by zom was beaten by angel laughing out loud I know. wink

ultimatethor
Amadeus cho empowered by zom was beaten by angel laughing out loud

At that point zom was already weakened after the hulk fight. Not to mention he only possesed chos body( was not channeled like in stranges case)

llagrok
Originally posted by ultimatethor
At that point zom was already weakened after the hulk fight. Not to mention he only possesed chos body( was not channeled like in stranges case)

Proof.

leonidas
i'd love to see the scans of that cho incident as well.

and i'd like to know where most place zom/strange in terms of overall power level. above sentry so we're in the trans-level, most likely but iagree below thanos.

so . . . where abouts should he be placed i wonder?

Soljer
i'd love to see the scans of that cho incident as well.

and i'd like to know where most place zom/strange in terms of overall power level. above sentry so we're in the trans-level, most likely but iagree below thanos.

so . . . where abouts should he be placed i wonder?

Above Sentry != Transcendent.

redhotrash
thread stip says Strange never assumes control over Zom, so basically he'd be taking over Strange in this fight. Eventually it'd become Zom + Strange's equipment/knowledge vs the Marvel Universe.

Mr Master
Zom is over-rated.

There's a mis-conception going on about Zom ever facing an abstract or Eternity.

Never happened on panel.

In fact, Zom and Eternity have never appeared in the same comic together,
not even an artist's one panel illustration of a past encounter ever taking place.

So what do we know?

======================================

According to the Ancient one he was imprisoned by Eternity:

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6117/st1ou5.th.jpg

...................................................................................................

Zom himself confirms this fact:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2271/st2fa7.th.jpg

...................................................................................................

Dormammu at some point in the past bound Zom's hands ...

... before Eternity imprisoned him:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6858/st3un4.th.jpg

That's it ... that's the only affiliation there is of any kind between Zom/Eternity/Dormammu.

So there's no way to tell if Dormy owned him alone and then Eternity imprisoned Zom,
or if Dormy and Eternity owned him together.

What we do know, is that after all the Zom hype,
this entire event is taking place in an alternate Universe:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2821/st5uw8.th.jpg

"I sent my disciple Dr Strange to a far distant Universe"

Dr Strange confirms this fact:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8091/st6af6.th.jpg

"You have sent me to this World beyond all worlds ... this time beyond all time"

So it seems to me,
this is an alternate (single aspect) of Eternity here anyway in the end.
That goes for Dormy too. (being an alternate)

Still impressive though, if it took both of them to own Zom,

but ... we'll never know shall we. smile

Eternity could've just as reasonably appeared, processed a thought, and imprisoned Zom.

==================================

Btw. friends ... Dr Strange stalemated Zom the entire time,
he was stalemating Zom
even before the Ancient one transfered the remains of his power to him. erm

leonidas
Originally posted by Soljer
Above Sentry != Transcendent.

in the trans-level "MOST LIKELY" . . .

depends on how big a supporter of sentry you are. personally i'd say he was low herald, but that's irrelevent to my question. my question was where would YOU (those reading this) place the zom/strange amalgam.

King Kandy
Mr. M, the "alternate universe" was the place where the Amphora was held, not where the story took place. As soon as Zom got unleashed, he left that dimension to go after Umar. Somehow he was sealed into the Amphora by Eternity (there was only one Eternity at the time of writing) and that ended up in a pocket dimension.

Later Zom says something to the effect of "If Dormammu, if even Eternity himself, could not stop me, what chance to you have?"

FearOfBlood

The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets, nothing new and WWH beat him to a pulp.

BTW: Strange/Zom would obliterate Thanos.

Endless Mike
Well it was only a Zom fragment, actually

FearOfBlood
Thanos is above WW Hulk

Thanos got killed by the weakest Drax ever.

WWH > Drax/Hulk > current Drax> Thanos.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well it was only a Zom fragment, actually

A fragment of an infinity of power is still an infinity of power.

Nihilist
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Thanos got killed by the weakest Drax ever.

WWH > Drax/Hulk > current Drax> Thanos.

the mighty invincible wwh was defeated by a satellite

King Kandy
A fragment of an infinity of power is still an infinity of power.
Um so you are claiming that the Zom fragment was as strong as the original? Because it's said on-panel that it wasn't.

Badabing
A fragment of an infinity of power is still an infinity of power. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/bigdurimagera2.png

FearOfBlood
the mighty invincible wwh was defeated by a satellite

He beat himself to save the planet, learn to read.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by King Kandy
Um so you are claiming that the Zom fragment was as strong as the original? Because it's said on-panel that it wasn't.

No, i'm claiming that this forum is anti-hulk and strongly dc biased.

Nihilist
He beat himself to save the planet, learn to read.

lulz course he did

he couldnt handle juggernaut physically so he had to be bfr him laughing out loud

King Kandy
No that is not what you said at all. You said "A fragment of infinity is still infinity" in reference to Zom. No, the fragment was weaker. Stop evading the issue.

BTW didn't you once say that Galaxy Master was 2x Galactus?

janus77
the anti-Hulk bias thing is fairly true. a fraction of infinity would be infinite, but a fragment wouldn't necessarily be that.

King Kandy
Besides Zom never had infinite power to begin with.

janus77
Zom/Strange certainly didn't. Zom, I dunno.

Hannibal-Lector
I dont seem to recall anyone punch a hole through regular hulk nevermind wwh as effortlessly as Zom/Strange... Im not sure thanos has what it takes to take this... Hasnt Strange without merging beaten Thanos or at least incapacitated him? or are we only going by the single showing of WWH without stranges other feats

Soljer
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
I dont seem to recall anyone punch a hole through regular hulk nevermind wwh as effortlessly as Zom/Strange... Im not sure thanos has what it takes to take this... Hasnt Strange without merging beaten Thanos or at least incapacitated him? or are we only going by the single showing of WWH without stranges other feats

Strange's other feats/powers aren't applicable to Zom/Strange - Zom/Strange seemed utterly incapable of casting spells, summoning assistance, or doing...

Well...

Anything but 'smash' - the exact type of fight the Hulk was designed for, and one of the types of fight that Thanos outclasses the Hulk in.

Knowsbleed33
Mr. M, the "alternate universe" was the place where the Amphora was held, not where the story took place. As soon as Zom got unleashed, he left that dimension to go after Umar. Somehow he was sealed into the Amphora by Eternity (there was only one Eternity at the time of writing) and that ended up in a pocket dimension.

Later Zom says something to the effect of "If Dormammu, if even Eternity himself, could not stop me, what chance to you have?"

Well said.

ultimatethor
Strange/zom was still probably themost powerful character that WWH faced. All of his blasts and punches were going straight through WWH and he obviously did the most damage to WWH( more than the sentry) but he did not show us enough to beat thanos.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by llagrok
Proof.

The entire incident is proof within itself. When zom possesed Amadeus cho, cho still had normal durability obviously hence the reason angel could take out cho possesed by zom so easily. It howver took the hulk a few punches to be able to take out zom/strange. And so unless you would lke to equate the hulks strength and angels strength then it is obvious that zom at that time was weaker than he was against the hulk

leonidas
Originally posted by ultimatethor
The entire incident is proof within itself. When zom possesed Amadeus cho, cho still had normal durability obviously hence the reason angel could take out cho possesed by zom so easily. It howver took the hulk a few punches to be able to take out zom/strange. And so unless you would lke to equate the hulks strength and angels strength then it is obvious that zom at that time was weaker than he was against the hulk

pretty much what i was thinking and it's made even MORE dubious by the fact that it keeps getting referenced and never shown by anyone in a scan. i'd find it or post it myself if i knew the issue number and book to find it in.

redhotrash
Strange didnt cast spells against the Hulk? Wow how entirely out of his character for him, just like everyone else who fought Hulk in that PIS fiasco.

quanchi112
Originally posted by redhotrash
Strange didnt cast spells against the Hulk? Wow how entirely out of his character for him, just like everyone else who fought Hulk in that PIS fiasco. Strange could have defeated the Hulk if he used magical spells and it was explained. Name another character who fought out of character against WW Hulk?

Raoul

and you'd be wrong. the marvel contingent has always outnumbered the dc one, and then there are plenty of neutrals...

you say people are dc biased just because they won't take wwh as gospel, which is what we call trolling.

Strange could have defeated the Hulk if he used magical spells and it was explained. Name another character who fought out of character against WW Hulk?

most of the x-men. with a healthy dose of PIS and inaccurate writing...

Mr Master

Mr. M, the "alternate universe" was the place where the Amphora was held,
not where the story took place. As soon as Zom got unleashed, he left that dimension to go after Umar. Somehow he was sealed into the Amphora by Eternity (there was only one Eternity at the time of writing) and that ended up in a pocket dimension.
I reviewed the issue,
you're actually right about the Amphora being in that other universe.

It didn't mention anything about pocket dimension though.

It was just another universe.

Later Zom says something to the effect of
"If Dormammu, if even Eternity himself, could not stop me,
what chance to you have?"
He didn't exactly say that, had he said that, it would've been more concrete.

What he said was:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/135/st9lk0.th.jpg

"Even Dormammu, even Eternity himself could not stop Zom from ..."

He could be talking about his freedom.

could not stop Zom from ... escaping his prison?

On the other hand ... from what?

I'm also not buying that Eternity can't beat this chump if Dr Strange stalemated him.

Bottom line:

There's no way to tell for sure about anything one way or another.

redhotrash
Well, the X-men, Black Bolt, Sentry, Iron Man, and the Fantastic 4 all fought out of character against the Hulk.

Strange could have defeated the Hulk if he used magical spells and it was explained. Name another character who fought out of character against WW Hulk?

ultimatethor
Well, the X-men, Black Bolt, Sentry, Iron Man, and the Fantastic 4 all fought out of character against the Hulk.

Sentry? Blacbolt? FF?

redhotrash
You disagree?

ultimatethor
You disagree?

This depends on what you mean by out of character. The sentry genrally never uses his full enrgy and so by expending all of it he was sort of fighting out of character. On the other hand if u r talking of not using speed, The fact is that has NO battle speed feats to speak of in the first place and therefore nothing to base a statement that he fought out of character.

To Blackbolt, Although he was a skrull( and it seems he has bin for some time), He really did not fight out of character as he used his voice the way he normally uses it. He did not scream but as he does not do this normally or evn ever at all it certainly was not out of character.

And i really dont understand why you mentioned the FF. Care to explain?

TricksterPriest
Because Reed's prep was a joke. That my friends, is crap writing. Reed can't prep for the frigging Hulk? roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raoul
and you'd be wrong. the marvel contingent has always outnumbered the dc one, and then there are plenty of neutrals...

you say people are dc biased just because they won't take wwh as gospel, which is what we call trolling.

most of the x-men. with a healthy dose of PIS and inaccurate writing... I also hear a few on here call me marvel biased and cant believe I give a marvel character a win. So people have trolled me often.

Your opinion. The WW Hulk was that far above the mutants in this story. The whole purpose of the story was to show what Hulk was capable of with this level of anger.

redhotrash
While I'll agree that Sentry hasnt had the speed feats to justify it here, all he did was essentially was brawl. The guy has powers he hasnt even shown yet, but hes going to stand there and slug it out?

As for Blackbolt, yeah I didnt expect him to scream or yell, but to whisper then TURN AROUND AND WALK AWAY? Jeez thats a bit much. Thats like classic 1970's movie bad guy arrogance. Was he just going to leave the body there on his front step?

And yes I think the Reed prep was silly. Of all the things he couldve come up with, that was it? Hell he couldve told Sue to bring the jet around then hauled ass out of there and it wouldve been better prep.
Reed: "Alright, Im going to make a device that will calm the Hulk down by making him think Im Sentry."
Johnny: "And how long do you think hes going to fall for that? Indefinately?"
Reed: "I uh, havent thought that far ahead."

guy222
Marvel set out to make WWH the baddest of the bad. Its that simple

Doin the same with Red Hulk

Saying that, Thanos FTW

ultimatethor
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Because Reed's prep was a joke. That my friends, is crap writing. Reed can't prep for the frigging Hulk? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Agreed, reeds prep was a joke. However prep is really unpredictable as it depends on what the character is prepping for. In reeds case, it seems he was only prepping to somehow calm down the hulk and not actually take him out . Indeed this was not the best strategy( or evn a good one) thus it failed woefully but there was no PIS in the actual fight against the FF

ultimatethor
While I'll agree that Sentry hasnt had the speed feats to justify it here, all he did was essentially was brawl. The guy has powers he hasnt even shown yet, but hes going to stand there and slug it out?

As for Blackbolt, yeah I didnt expect him to scream or yell, but to whisper then TURN AROUND AND WALK AWAY? Jeez thats a bit much. Thats like classic 1970's movie bad guy arrogance. Was he just going to leave the body there on his front step?

And yes I think the Reed prep was silly. Of all the things he couldve come up with, that was it? Hell he couldve told Sue to bring the jet around then hauled ass out of there and it wouldve been better prep.
Reed: "Alright, Im going to make a device that will calm the Hulk down by making him think Im Sentry."
Johnny: "And how long do you think hes going to fall for that? Indefinately?"
Reed: "I uh, havent thought that far ahead."

As u said the sentry has got powers he has not shown. This is because the sentry really does not know the full extent of his own powers. Aside the times those hidden powers have come out he has never used them again. The sentry is mainly a charcter touted for his huge enrgy output and he used his enrgy on WWH throughout the entire fight. Therefore from what we have actually seen from the sentry it was not out of character. I cant remeber a sentry fight where he has actually fought too differently than in WWH.

I agree that bb walking away was quite stupid as well. Howvwer i think i shouldve explained earlier that what i reallly am talking about is hulk taking the whisper not being PIS. The actual fight to me is ambiguous as it was mostly off panel

Raoul
I also hear a few on here call me marvel biased and cant believe I give a marvel character a win. So people have trolled me often.

in all honesty, quan, on several occasions you've given some, what i could call, 'shaky' arguments as to why the said character beats his opponent, and it tends to be in support of a marvel character over a dc one...

as for it being trolling, i don't know if i agree...

his strength being what it is, it didn't mean the x-men had to fight like idiots, which they did... it would have been more impressive if the x-men had been well-written and still lost, but they weren't...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mr Master
I reviewed the issue,
you're actually right about the Amphora being in that other universe.

It didn't mention anything about pocket dimension though.

It was just another universe.
I see what you mean. I had assumed it was a pocket dimension because it didn't seem to have anything besides the Amphora in it, there was no sun or stars or anything.

Originally posted by Mr Master
He didn't exactly say that, had he said that, it would've been more concrete.

What he said was:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/135/st9lk0.th.jpg

"Even Dormammu, even Eternity himself could not stop Zom from ..."

He could be talking about his freedom.

could not stop Zom from ... escaping his prison?

On the other hand ... from what?

I'm also not buying that Eternity can't beat this chump if Dr Strange stalemated him.

Bottom line:

There's no way to tell for sure about anything one way or another.
Well they never tried to prevent him from escaping, so it would make no sense for that to be what he was referring to. However we do know that at some point in the past, both Eternity and Dormammu were required to seal him away. Later he unbalances the multiverse, and the living Tribunal has to step in not once, but twice to fix the imbalance.

As for Dr. Strange "stalemating" Zom, all Zom really did was summon the rings of ragaddor and chase Strange around a bit. After he realized the Tribunal was coming, he stopped the games and beat Strange with one mystical thunderclap.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raoul
in all honesty, quan, on several occasions you've given some, what i could call, 'shaky' arguments as to why the said character beats his opponent, and it tends to be in support of a marvel character over a dc one...

as for it being trolling, i don't know if i agree...

his strength being what it is, it didn't mean the x-men had to fight like idiots, which they did... it would have been more impressive if the x-men had been well-written and still lost, but they weren't... The same can be said of other posters on here as well. I still give many dc characters wins on here all the time. erm

I disagree and dont think they fought like idiots. They all werent just punching and kicking him. But meh I always thought you didnt give WW Hulk the credit he deserved.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.