most controversial director

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RogerRamjet
hi kids!

today i wanna discuss with you the most controversial directors in the film industry... or in other words: whose movies made the biggest impact on you, good or bad..

celestialdemon
Uwe Bowe. How that man is allowed anywhere near a camera is the most controversial thing in cinematic history.

Bardock42
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
hi kids!

today i wanna discuss with you the most controversial directors in the film industry... or in other words: whose movies made the biggest impact on you, good or bad.. I don't see how your ""other words qualify as "other words" and not "different topic"

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't see how your ""other words qualify as "other words" and not "different topic"

answer the damn question Paula!!

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Uwe Bowe. How that man is allowed anywhere near a camera is the most controversial thing in cinematic history.

Uwe Boll?

Impediment
Ruggero Deodato was pretty controversial with "Cannibal Holocaust". He was even arrested.

RogerRamjet
agreed, a very disturbing movie..

ragesRemorse
John Waters

Impediment
laughing out loud

John Waters.

I love his films. They're just too cheesy for words.

jaden101
Stone isn't controversial...he's just an attention seeking rat who makes shit films about real events and turns them into total rubbish nonsense

Miike isn't contoversial either really...his films are just over the top and with my sense of humour are more funny than controversial

personally i think Tim Roth's only venture into directing was very bold and made a highly controversial film with "the warzone" which showed a pretty sickening child abuse scene

Gasper Noe is also got to be up their for "irreversible"

BackFire
I'm gonna say Gasper Noe. Both of his films are extremely controversial, and his new one is supposed to be even more so. He's relatively young and has a long career ahead of him and he seems to exclusively do some of the harshest films he can.

Pasolini as well, mostly for Salo. But some of his other films were controversial, too.

Fred Vogel might be worth a mention as well because of his August Underground films.

MildPossession
Oh agree with The War Zone, very disturbing film Jaden. Definitely Gasper Noe, and also Larry Clark could be.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
Uwe Boll?

Oops. My bad. Yeah, that's the way you spell it.

WrathfulDwarf
Some good names have been said so far. I'm going to throw two more... Stanley Kubrick and Michael Moore.

Impediment
Michael Moore needs to have a debilitating brain hemmorage and spend the rest of his life a vegetable.

WrathfulDwarf
Michael Moore doesn't hate America....he hates salads. wink

Impediment
Oh, I know that, sir. I just think that he is just as big an idiot as that @$$hole O'Reilly.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Oh, I know that, sir. I just think that he is just as big an idiot as that @$$hole O'Reilly. Yeah, two sides of a shitty medal.

Mr Parker
good candidates.dont know a couple of them so I'll go with the first director listed who did The Exorcist.That was extremely controversial at that time it was released I read.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Impediment
Ruggero Deodato was pretty controversial with "Cannibal Holocaust". He was even arrested.

Didn't he have to get the actors and actresses to appear in court to prove they weren't actually murdered?

-AC

Scythe
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
John Waters

Yeah, I was gonna mention him too.

bakerboy
I would add some ones like Quentin Tarantino or David Lynch. But nice list. Pekimpah, for instance, fighted with some of his actors in some movies, and im talking about fist fights.

And classical directors like Ford or Hitchock were pretty controversial at their time. Ford was acussed of neo fascist because his right wing thoughts, and Hitchock was accussed of being a person obssesed with blonde women.

Impediment
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Didn't he have to get the actors and actresses to appear in court to prove they weren't actually murdered?

-AC

I believe so. The only thing that got him any kind of real shit, ironically, was the killing if the animals on screen.

SelinaAndBruce
Roman Polanski should be on there, lol

Myth
Vincent Gallo (Director of Brown Bunny)

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Myth
Vincent Gallo (Director of Brown Bunny)

That guy isn't controversial. He just doesn't know how to direct a movie.

brocklanders
yeah, i'd say roman polanski's pretty controversial.

as for movie-related controversy, remember the dustup when scorsese did the last temptation of christ?

MildPossession
He absolutely does, Buffalo '66 is an indie classic, amazing film.

Brown Bunny I didn't like at all though.

tom_servo
Originally posted by celestialdemon

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.