Man Falls After Receiving Spirit, Sues

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Claims church liable for injuries sustained during healing service.

JUNE 5--Last June, Matthew Lincoln was attending an evening service at his nondenominational Tennessee church when he approached the altar where a visiting minister was offering individual prayers for parishioners. Assigned "catchers" were present on the altar in case congregants fainted, fell, or otherwise lost control. When the minister, Robert Lavala, slightly touched his forehead, the Knoxville-area man "received the spirit and fell backwards." Except nobody was there to catch him, Lincoln charges in a $2.5 million lawsuit filed yesterday against Lakewind Church and its pastors. Lincoln, 58, claims that he fell backwards, striking his head against the "carpet-covered cement floor," according to the Circuit Court complaint, which was first reported by Courthouse News Service. A copy of Lincoln's lawsuit can be found below. Since he already suffered from a "degenerative disc disease of his neck and back," Lincoln, a former church board member, contends the fall exacerbated the pre-existing condition and has caused him "severe and permanent" injuries. As a result of the fall, Lincoln, a recording engineer, claims that he is no longer able to care for his disabled daughter. Lincoln alleges that Lakewind and its pastors were "negligent in not supervising the catchers to be sure that they stood behind the person being prayed for...should they have a dizzying, fainting, or falling in the spirit as had occurred on many occasions before." Lincoln's lawyer, J.D. Lee, told TSG that the church's insurer, Zurich of North America, rejected an insurance claim, asserting that Lincoln should have realized that no catchers were situated behind him.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0605081spirit1.html

Hahahahaaaa.

Shakyamunison
laughing Well, they are nondenominational, therefore, they are not Catholic, and not Christian. laughing

Note: that was for Grand_Moff_Gav's benefit. wink

Symmetric Chaos
Said God, "Dude had it coming. If you were in my place you'd a done the same thing."

DigiMark007
All other party members die from +5 acidic dragon's breath. But Jesus saves!

ermm

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing Well, they are nondenominational, therefore, they are not Catholic, and not Christian. laughing

Note: that was for Grand_Moff_Gav's benefit. wink

laughing I don't make the rules smile

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DigiMark007
All other party members die from +5 acidic dragon's breath. But Jesus saves!

ermm

First of all breath weapons don't have enhancement bonuses . . .

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
First of all breath weapons don't have enhancement bonuses . . .

First of all, shut it. No one's supposed to know enough about D&D rules to call me out on that.

mad

Symmetric Chaos
laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DigiMark007
First of all, shut it. No one's supposed to know enough about D&D rules to call me out on that.

mad

I didn't want to say anything. embarrasment

DigiMark007
Dorkily enough, I knew it was wrong, but wanted to include it so that the less dorky among us would have a better chance at getting the reference.

embarrasment

leonheartmm
wow, out of the frying pan and into the fire. oh well, its not like the church's resime' is bound to be all innocent either.

Devil King
Looks like someone might be handing over the keys to the kingdom....

AngryManatee
That's what he gets for zerg rushing the floor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.