PR Vs. Smurph

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Newjak
The Match is going up Friday 8:00 EST

It will end Wednesday 7:00 EST.

Judges will be Digimark, batdude, Bada

Pool B:
Location: You guy's get to go down into the planet of HawtAzHail. The giant brimstone planet in the middle of six suns, with a dense atmosphere that is as dark as the Blackest Night. The heat is so intense that 50 percent of the surface is molten or near molten rock. Rivers of Lava flow freely. In fact the entirety of inner planet is nothing but hot liquidated minerals. Many a ship in dire straits have fallen victim to the allure of a breathable atmosphere only to end up as parts of the landscape. Their engines fried upon entering the atmosphere. That's what happens when the surface is half as hot as a sun.

Prep Time: 5

Good luck to both competitors.

Newjak

Newjak

Newjak

Eel O'Brian
Smurph: Post 1

Important bits:

Basic promethium has been destroyed, broken and damaged many times. And, seeing as the energy BB's voice gives off damages at the molecular level, the promethium Amazos are screwed six ways at the beginning of the match anyways.

And more worrisome for Paul than the Amazos being destroyed is the fact that his team would be obliterated at the beginning of the match anyways. So few of his characters could have any plausible defense to the BBB's, and it was a method of attack that Paul was entirely unprepared for, as was his team.

So, everybody dies in the first second of the match.

Afterwards, we teleport in at lightspeed and set off 60 missiles that are each faster than Surfer, invisible, indestructible and can drain energy from any of his guys. Again, one of these missiles almost took out Surfer on its own...

Then we add in the thousands of gravi-polarizers, two of which can permanently take out anybody on his team.

And finally we add in the planet-destroying equipment that we'll be deploying while they're still trying to figure out what hit them.

We can BFR any of his team instantaneously, we're all invisible and indestructible, and we have the technology to detect the one invisible member of his team, and the tech to shut out the telepaths of his team.

We're as fast as the fastest member of his team, and many of my guys are capable of exceeding lightspeed as these suits continuously sundip their kryptonian bodies.

Finally, Paul can't do two things he claimed that could really help him out here (though he'd still lose):

1) He can't replicate the Phantom Zone Projector tech because he doesn't have one, Jor-El (the creator of the PZP's) is leagues smarter than anybody on his team, and I don't even know if I buy the Phalanx being able to assimilate it.

2) He can't create dupes (or, in this case, Amazos) post-death. We have a limit for independant constructs, and we're not allowed to exceed it, even postmortem.

Raoul
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Smurph: Post 1

Important bits:

Basic promethium has been destroyed, broken and damaged many times. And, seeing as the energy BB's voice gives off damages at the molecular level, the promethium Amazos are screwed six ways at the beginning of the match anyways.

this is prometheum in ADDITION to wonder woman's durability, the phalanx's regenerative capabilities, and sinister's molecular contol.

submolecular detonation couldnt even kill a basic phalanx drone, so your attack isn't going to be as devastating as you think...

stick out tongue

says you. awesome

considering the fact that my six amazos have the combined reflexes of bart allen AND wonder woman, they'll see your energy attack coming. and with each of them having firestorm's powers AND experiences, you might as well be throwing confetti at me... ooh, festive...

ha-son

invisible? i have 7 doctor lights with the fastest reflexes possible... invisibility won't work against someone who sees light as... as... dammit... easily as something thats very easy to see...

i'll answer this in my next post...

this too.

BFR doesnt work when all i need is one amazo at the very least to replicate another one...

invisibility? kimiyo hoshi powered Amazos say NOOOOOOO!!!

you can shut out TP, sure, but TK? that's another matter...

you're as fast as bart allen and wonder woman combined? and if you use your kryptonian powers, we get those too...

phalanx can assimilate anything once they understand it... with firestorm's reverse engineering, they shouldn't have a problem... but you know what, i'll leave that up to the judges, as its not a hugely important element of my plan...

hmm

even if thats true (i'll have to ask newjak, its not that i don't trust you, well, maybe it is stick out tongue), it was nothing more than a contingency plan...

'pologies for the shortness of my post, i'll put up something more considerable later...

Eel O'Brian
Originally posted by Raoul
this is prometheum in ADDITION to wonder woman's durability, the phalanx's regenerative capabilities, and sinister's molecular contol.

submolecular detonation couldnt even kill a basic phalanx drone, so your attack isn't going to be as devastating as you think...

stick out tongue
Black Bolt's whispering the ground has caused volcanic eruptions and earthquakes on the other side of the planet.

Black Bolt has destroyed the negative barrier.

Black Bolt's threat of speking gained the attention of an abstract being.

The Skrull's and Reed Richards couldn't understand Black Bolt's level of power output.

Black Bolt's concentrated syllable has outpowered a Watcher.

Black Bolt's syllable powered a machine capable of tearing a hole through every dimension in the 616 reality.

Black Bolt's whisper KO'd Gladiator and Hulk.

Black Bolt has never screamed in 616 cannon.

You have 6 times the power of a scream hitting you from the start of the match.

Your durability isn't taking that. Again, Promethium has been destroyed and broken. It's no adamantium.

considering the fact that my six amazos have the combined reflexes of bart allen AND wonder woman, they'll see your energy attack coming. and with each of them having firestorm's powers AND experiences, you might as well be throwing confetti at me... ooh, festive...
Firestorm dealing with energy output on the level of Blackagar's whisper is a noteworthy feat.

Firestorm (especially six uncreative Firestorms that haven't seen him converting BB's energy so might not even be capable, because Amazo's lack creativity and expansion) dealing with energy output on the level of BB's scream? 6 times BB's scream?

A scream is exponentially more powerful than a whisper...

Confetti indeed.

invisible? i have 7 doctor lights with the fastest reflexes possible... invisibility won't work against someone who sees light as... as... dammit... easily as something thats very easy to see... They'd have to have used Doctor Light's abilities to show the invisible before. And even then, they won't have any idea what's coming after they get hit with the BBB's. Hell... if they had any way of surviving, they wouldn't be anywhere near each other, and would most likely be gathering their bearings in orbit.

The rest of the post is pretty much stuff I've already addressed, or that a real defense wasn't provided for.

I hit them with incomprehensible force as soon as the match begins.

Then I move in and take them out with 60 missiles, each capable of taking out the Silver Surfer.

Meanwhile, they're avoiding all of Reed's tech, and each guy can send them to the Phantom Zone, or hit them with enough energy to make a Watcher go "ZOMG!".

Worth noting that the AGR's are still armed with canons capable of asploding moons.

Finally, we're still all invisible, a defense hasn't been provided to the fact that we're indestructible, and can BFR or disable them via Reed's tech at a moments notice.

We can overcome every defense offered and have an insurmountable defense.

"We" meaning my team. Obviously. ermm

Pity that Paul wasn't back to fill in the rest of his posts as clearly intended. Still, best of luck. thumb up

Raoul
Pr/Raoul's Second Post

Ok, this is my first, proper 'why smurph's prep won't beat my team' post... I would have done it sooner, but as some of you know, i'm having some personal issues that have yet to be resolved, and it makes it even harder for me to get motivated to take part in a tourney... Hell, i don't even know how i'm doing this now, i'm just gonna try and give those who actually read this tourney their money's worth...

and those scans took a frickin lifetime to load... seriously... i didn't even get to read half of em... i did try though...

Ok, here goes...

First we have the Optimizer, a very nice piece of tech i'll admit... When used, it increases power exponentially... Very nice. That scan is a tad misleading, though... There's nothing to say that the energy being directed at Doom is actually hurting him, just that the amount of it becomes too much to bear... That's a bit iffy, imo... Doom doesnt look to be in pain, he just doesn't realise what's about to happen, imo... It's like another 'Cyclops overloads Bishop, but the energy wasn't actually hurting him at the time' thing... AND it looked like energy was being fed through it, so it came out in beam form... Even IF that energy was going to kill my team (lightspeed energy manipulation by 7 jason's ftw), how are you going to hit us when we move faster than you do?

Next, we have the Anti-Galactus suits, and again, i'll admit something. That's a pretty cool concept. But that's all it is, a concept... Smurph talks about their standard armaments being augmented, but what armaments are those? I haven't read Fantastic Four 557 (i think it is), so i don't know... Smurph?

Then you talk about the augmentations...

Phantom Zone projector? Pretty snazzy, i'll admit... that's why we built them ourselves...

Class 4 Disintegrator? Cool, but how does it work? Does it fire pulses, a beam, how fast does its blast move? What size is it?

Gravity Polarizers... Nice concept, if my six amazos didnt have the powers of Geo-Force. Artficial gravity or not, you sure your gravity can't be countered by Geo-Force (with Bart/Diana's speed of thought) crushing them into scrap?

The Sonic Shark...

'Pseudo-Scientific Stan' laughing i love that...

Good weapon, but, again, thats surfer, on earth... he couldnt possibly be moving at lightspeed, yet on this planet, 9 of my people will be... I'm not so sure those nifty missiles can keep up with my guys... and in fairness, if ben grimm can punch it out of the way, wonder woman's strength is MORE than adequate...

and the space time generator... i don't get what you're hoping to achieve... what is it actually going to do? it malfunctioned, thats all...

Now, this line here:

c'mon, now... that's just like me saying 'oh, i have a device in my suit that wins me the match/makes me completely immune to damage/kills you instantly'

c'mon dude...

Now, adamantium armour... transmutation at light speed. cheap? sure, but effective.

The electronic converter? Yeah, if my guys used energy that much, then sure, that'd work, though, they'd also need to be on constantly, are you saying they would be? And Amazo tends to use physical force more than anything else, and, as i said earlier, you'd still have to hit someone moving as fast as Bart Allen, if not faster... and they'd be using any one of near half a dozen powers to take your robots down, and thats just off the top of my head:

Wonder Woman's strength.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8329/dianastrengthsf5.jpg

Geo-Force's gravity manipulation (a few g's, and your guys crush themselves under their own weight)

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1433/geoforcekillingomacqk6.jpg

Firestorm's almost limitless transmutation abilities

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6839/fs93ws7.jpg
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4540/fs94ab0.jpg
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2241/fs95pd7.jpg

Mister Sinister/Manchester Black's combined telekinesis (well, unless that 'device' of yours is as effective as you say stick out tongue)

http://i103.imagethrust.com/i/893091/action77531.jpg

Kimiyo Hoshi's light control/absorbtion/redirection, which would allow us to take any energy blast you use, and blast it right back at you... Cheap as hell, but yeah, it works...

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8278/hoshidu9.jpg

And the best part of all this? Amazo can use any combination of these powers at the same time:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/fs_amazo1.jpg

That's Amazo using more than one power at once (including Firestorm's transmutation):

That means Bart AND Diana's speed, Sinister AND Black's Telekinesis, etc etc...

Ok, now you say:

not saying you can't, but i'd still like to know how... you continue with this:

All very impressive (though are you sure half of that isn't skrull stuff? stick out tongue), and then you add:

Well, Firestorm has:

Unleashed blasts as hot as the sun.

Dissolved molecular bonds.

Altered the atomic structure of both organic and inorganic compounds quite easily.

Harnessed the power within a particle accelerator.

Easily absorb hundreds of kilotons of nuclear energy.

Redirected Darkseid's OMEGA FORCE right back at him.

Transform matter into anti-matter.

Used precognition.

Activated and de-activated the metahuman gene.

Seen pretty much every spectrum (meaning any invisible attack, while being seen by doctor light too, would be seen even easier with firestorm too).

Manipulate and absorb subatomic wormholes.

Transmutate thousands of nanites into water simultaneously.

Transmute tesseracts into marshmallow matter.

Reduce himself to subatomic size, and enter the subatomic world.

Travel faster than light.

Easily convert solar radiation into raw power.

Become intangible.

Now, you're probably asking (judges too) what this has to do with durability and all that... Well. This list, if for nothing else, shows just how versatile Jason is. Smurph, you also claimed that my amazos lacked creativity and expansion, yeah, well, red tornado doesn't. His body and programming was used as a template. He is in fact a learning computer. That transfers over to the amazos.

Blackbolt's voice is, by definition, a hypersonic attack, right? So you're honestly saying Jason has never encountered anyone using sonic or sound based attacks, and wouldnt know what to do if he was faced with one? and how fast is that explosion going to move? shockwave's can only be so fast...

There's also the point that my amazo's (and bart and firestorm) can all travel ftl, and would see any explosion coming before it reached us, the thing would be moving in slow motion. All they (amazos + jason/sinister) have to do then, is either turn intangible (with the rest of the team of course), or use the combined abilities of SEVEN firestorm's to redirect the energy. They are very, very capable of it...

Your invisibility won't work either, due to the fact that Doctor Light can see anything you try to conjure...

Ok, so match starts, and...

You launch all of your missiles and bombs, etc. Bombs we can see coming, and missiles that were chasing the Silver Surfer in what, the 70s? Johhny Storm caught up to one, and he isn't insanely fast, neither is the fantasticar...

We can evade, go intangible, or transmute whatever you throw at us. We have a hive mind processing thoughts faster than light. Jason calculates any one of several ideas, problem solved.

to be continued...

Raoul
Pr/Raoul's Third (and final, most likely)

So, Smurph continues:

Again, the invisibility is a moot (or is it mute) point, and, you know, Geo-Force. And, you know, we have 9 people moving faster than you or your machines can track.

So you say that the Optimizers will take down anyone that evades your attacks...

yeah, they'd still have to hit my guys. erm

and you say you can manipulate the planet to come after me. but i have Geo-Force, 7 of them. Earth manipulation is a little gift he got from his sister.

Heat against people who have resisted the fires of hell/hades/whatnot? erm

then you say:

We're in orbit? Says who? The Amazos have more speed than they know what to do with... Match starts, we open our eyes, your bombs go off. We see explosions, we use one of several means to evade it. I love the simplicity of it...

a silver surfer who was flying at the same speed as johnny storm/the fantasticar... ermm

IF you can hit us...

vin

Ok, so... I'm done talking about the holes in Smurph's prep, ive been at this for over three hours, trying to read scans and upload stuff...

Our plan is simple, intentionally, as i wanted to keep it that way.

I built 6 Amazo androids, each of them copying not just the powers, but the life experience and knowledge of every single member of my team (brain patterns ftw)

With my team constantly linked by its Phalanx hive mind, each member knows whats going on with each other, they see what they see, they hear what they hear, etc...

Smurph's suicide robots aside, all it takes is one Amazo to beat one, for the others to know exactly how to do it... HELL, we don't even have to get close, a few extra G's and you're screwed. Geo-Force's instantaneous gravity manipulation>>>>>>Artificial Gravity. Yeah, try setting off your bomb when you've collapsed in on yourself...

relly.

As for hitting us, well, The combination of Wonder Woman AND Bart Allen's speed is going to make everything Smurph's team do seem as if its happening in slow motion. And i mean EVERYTHING.

Smurph might use his Kryptonians as backup, well, in all fairness, the average Kryptonian isn't actually that special compared to other heroes. Having Kryptonian powers doesn't automatically make one = Superman, big blue is the exception, not the rule. Supergirl is the closest to him, and even she wasn't a match for Wonder Woman.

As i said,i keep it simple.

We're faster than Smurph's team. We react faster. Using Jason and Sinister's scientific mind we can transmute anything you throw at us, or we can use our massive speed advantage to simply get out of the way, vibrating or just turning intangible.

Then, we use any powers on you, including your own once we copy them. That includes BlackBolt's vocal abilities and Kyrptonian powers. What needs to be considered, as i said, is that Superman has had years of training in the use of his powers... Even WITH Wonder Woman's abilities when it comes to fighting at speeds and using super strength, you still aren't scratching the surface of what Clark can do... Amazo on the other hand? He HAS experience, using heat vision, super breath, wind breath, and whatever other little goodies need be.

The way i look at it, all we have to do is evade your initial attack (which, given our abilities, isn't that difficult), and then we have the advantage. Even Geo-Force with Terra's abilities and his own gravity manipulation comes into play here.

A solid, strong, simple approach when it comes down to it, no over reliance on any one attack, and almost infinite adaptability.

and, you know, godwave...

Ok, now i'm going to go get drunk. for rell.

Eel O'Brian
Edit. Posted after time expired.

Badabing
Smurph, you posted 43 minutes after the match ended.....

Eel O'Brian
Edit. Posted after time expired.

Badabing
Originally posted by Badabing
Smurph, you posted 43 minutes after the match ended..... ermm

Eel O'Brian
Originally posted by Badabing
Smurph, you posted 43 minutes after the match ended..... Did I? Lolz. Thank god I didn't go scan hunting additionally.

Go ahead and edit it out then.

DigiMark007
Judge's Vote:

Would've liked to have seen Smurph's replies. A shame they were late. I feel like he has the firepower to do his nigh-instantaneous pwnage at the beginning of the match, but there were a few too many holes in the plan. The Optimizer scan shows it being used in a limited radius that wouldn't inspire fear in speedsters. The bombs are a nifty application of the idea, but were never sufficiently justified...especially with everything else being created and used, I can't assume that tech can and will be invented that has never been shown.

The supposed Galactus busters are hyperbole. Powerful, absolutely, but a bit clunky and clearly don't have the feats to put them near Big G. Pr provided ample counters to enough of Smurph's other tech that it became hard to see enough advantages for Smur...sorry, Eel to take it. Eel made better use of his prep, despite obvious-but-effective Amazos, but enough advantages were negated or inadequately supported, and Raoul's team wins imo once you get to a brawl stage.

Also, lulz at Geo-Force on this planet. Didn't change the match imo, but it's always humorous to see things work out like that.

Vote: Raoul

P.S. My vote is subject to change. I don't plan on it here, but I mention it because I have an inquiry in about the legality of the Amazos, which Pr said he'd get confirmed with newjak. I'm not saying I would definitely change my vote, but I'd have to reassess the battle and form a new decision if it is rules illegal.

Ha-Son
herbeyes

Raoul
Originally posted by Ha-Son
herbeyes

ha-son

Badabing
My vote

Both plans showed imagination and knowledge of the characters used.

PR had the more basic plan but it was well executed. Most of his prep and plan was pretty much general knowledge.

Smurph's plan was more creative with his team. I enjoyed the combination of power and versatility.

My vote came down to how much PR and Smurph proved. I found holes in some of Smurph's tech where I didn't see any direct evidence to support the claims. I spent time researching my own comics and looked at other scans available but didn't see enough to convince me. I really wish Smurph's final post was in before time expired as this may have made a difference.

Raoul gets my vote.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.