Reed Richards + Batman + Kang vs MU and DC earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phantom Zone
Kang, Batman and Reed Richards vs DC earth and Marvel earth. My team get a year and a half can they win?

redhotrash
I say no. Kang, while a team buster, doesnt have the ability. A lot of his tech he simply took rather than invented himself. Batman I dont think has the potential to be a global threat. Reed, while the smartest of the 3, I dont think could could add enough to the team. Marvel and DC's magicians alone should be able to shut them down.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by redhotrash
I say no. Kang, while a team buster, doesnt have the ability.

Kang has conquered marvel earth before.

A lot of his tech he simply took rather than invented himself.

I think your blowing things out of proportion here.

Batman I dont think has the potential to be a global threat. Reed, while the smartest of the 3, I dont think could could add enough to the team. Marvel and DC's magicians alone should be able to shut them down.

Wow Reed Richards doesn't have enough to add to the team......brilliant.

redhotrash
Kang has taken over future marvel earth, something Apocalypse and many others have done, its not much of a feat. Also show me something that proves Kang has created even most of his inventions rather than simply travelling around and taking them.
Secondly, what experience does Reed have with world domination? Most of his inventions are meant at countering others. Hell Reed couldnt stop the frigging Hulk.
Lastly, do you really have to take a douchebag tone on here all the time? It might suit you, but its getting old.

Phantom Zone
Kang has taken over future marvel earth, something Apocalypse and many others have done, its not much of a feat. Also show me something that proves Kang has created even most of his inventions rather than simply travelling around and taking them.

I think he took over 616 earth in the Kang Dynasty. Im not proving anything your the one who stated that he took most of his stuff and didnt create it. Anyway even if that is the case hes capable of operating it and creating powerful tech.

Secondly, what experience does Reed have with world domination? Most of his inventions are meant at countering others.

Right so if he uses devices that counter world domination he cant use it to do the opposite of course he can.

Hell Reed couldnt stop the frigging Hulk.

So? He has help here and that doesn't change the fact that hes created devices that have helped save the universe. I don't know why he hasn't stopped the Hulk maybe its CIS because Reed is as smart as Doom and Doom has beaten Galactus and has reached Watcher level power. Hell I think Reed was one of the guys that shot Hulk into space thats a win via BFR.

Given enough time Reed would probably be able to beat the Hulk if you are refering to WWH he simply didn't have enough time.

Lastly, do you really have to take a douchebag tone on here all the time? It might suit you, but its getting old.

Well you come out with stupid stuff and I can't help it. You're really irritating.

redhotrash
Again, who hasnt taken over earth in a future timeline? Its not a big feat.
As for being able to operate the tech, wow. Apocalypse could use Celestial tech given to him, does that mean he can make something on par with it? No.

To say Reed BFR'ed the Hulk is more than a stretch, its a lie. And please show me anything Reed has made that could contend with Dr. Strange or Fate working together.
Its not that Im irritating, its that you made a post with a outcome already in mind, but are wrong. WTF is Batman even doing here?

Phantom Zone
Again, who hasnt taken over earth in a future timeline? Its not a big feat.

It wasn't the future as far as I know.

As for being able to operate the tech, wow. Apocalypse could use Celestial tech given to him, does that mean he can make something on par with it? No.

LOOK, your the one who stated that he got most of his tech from scavanging wheres the ****ing proof. All I know is he took some tech, he knows how to operate it and he has created advanced stuff as well.

To say Reed BFR'ed the Hulk is more than a stretch, its a lie.

Look if I got the info wrong dont call me a liar, got it?

And please show me anything Reed has made that could contend with Dr. Strange or Fate working together.

Well he created a device that was capable of disrupting something as powerful as a cosmic cube. Hes on par intellectually with Dr Doom and Doom has been able to beat Galactus and obtained the Wathcher level power. Since Reed is trying to conquer or defeat the earth its likely he could do the same.

Its not that Im irritating, its that you made a post with a outcome already in mind, but are wrong.

I don't know what the **** you are talking about. I don't even know if there going to win.

WTF is Batman even doing here?

I dont know hes created countermeasures for loads of superheroes maybe????

redhotrash
For someone so deadset on disagreeing with me, you sure are throwing out "I think" a lot to back up facts/fiction.
Kang took over ancient Egypt and was overthrown by a mutant who barely knew how to use his powers. He took over the future with tech he "acquired", which again is nothing.
I personally wouldnt put Reed on par with Doom, but thats up to debate.
And Batman, in just over a year, is going to be able to counter everyone on Marvel and DC earth? I doubt it.
If written properly, Dr. Strange can solo this team.

Phantom Zone

Kang took over ancient Egypt and was overthrown by a mutant who barely knew how to use his powers. He took over the future with tech he "acquired", which again is nothing.

Are you refering to the Kang Dynasty in the Avengers? Im not talking about Rama-tut. The Kang Dynasty did not happen in the future.

I personally wouldnt put Reed on par with Doom,but thats up to debate.

Well hes beaten him at chess and as far as I can remember they both had some battle with a machine that used there inteligence but im not too sure about that.

This does not exactly hurt my case.

Originally posted by Accel
This is just kickass. Reed owns Doom in his own way.

The story here is that Doom has promised not to try and kill Reed on the Latverian holiday honoring his mother's memory, and has given him an open invitation to the embassy. The two play a game of chess in their minds (each one naming the next position for each piece) while Doom secretly uses his Doombots to search for a mysterious object that he knows Reed possesses.

Reed proceeds to defeat Doom in chess, while simultaneously revealing he knew about Doom's other plan all along, which has also been defeated. Then, in a gesture of incredible generosity, Reed reveals he has the object on him, and gives it to Doom anyway...
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfourspecial1196bs.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfourspecial1200yx.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fantasticfourspecial1211xk.jpg

And Batman, in just over a year, is going to be able to counter
everyone on Marvel and DC earth? I doubt it.

Its not Batman on his own is it? He already has countermeasures and hes getting help. Hell Reed Richards has lost of countermeasures for marvel superheroes as far as I can tell and Kang has conquered marvel MU before.

If written properly, Dr. Strange can solo this team.

1. Dr Strange isn't as powerful as he used to be.
2. If Reed can create a device on his own that can disrupt a cosmic cube I dont think so.

Bentley
Kang solos Happy Dance

carnage52
batman solos Happy Dance

iceman24567
I agree with Phantom Reed and Batman with one year? They have time to think of every counter measure so they would be damn near unstoppable. Batman has counter measures for just about everybody on Dc earth and Reed is the go to guy when it comes to finding out weak points in anything. Still can't for invasion 4 to come out.

OneDumbG0
Phantom Zone is right. Kang got the entire world to surrender to him in 'The Kang Dynasty.' It happened in proper 616 timeline. It's one of the most ambitious storylines Marvel ever greenlighted, although there were too many subplots, obscure characters and a lot of inconsistent artwork. It sort of flew under everyone's radar. Geoff Johns wrote it. Ironically, Ivan Reis draws one issue as well. He's improved a great deal since then, but his art is clearly recognizable.

A great deal of Washington DC's population actually gets destroyed in a totally silent issue that contains no captions and no dialogue. The scene of Thor getting there too late and him on his knees crying in the rain was one of the most memorable Thor moments IMO.

I think that Kang had more than one year of prep however. But with Batman and Reed Richards on his side...

Phantom Zone
big grin ...meh I was expecting a bit more of a challenge.

Phantom Zone
*bump*

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carnage52
batman solos Happy Dance

thumb up

Juk3n
Surfer begins to nuke in a KMC forum way full cosmic power blasts - Hulk and Juggy attempt to pound the doors down - Charles X, begins a phsycic assult - Full potential Iceman and Gambit begin the energy blasts and once the assult/defence is in full swing...

Nightcrawler BFR'S them all in 3 seconds while they are distracted.

/WinWithJustMarvel?

iceman24567
Team still wins.

Bentley
Kang DID conquered Marvel Earth 616 in the "present". No future thing, no alternate reality, just plain owning the earth by superior power.

He IS the Conqueror.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Juk3n
Surfer begins to nuke in a KMC forum way full cosmic power blasts - Hulk and Juggy attempt to pound the doors down - Charles X, begins a phsycic assult - Full potential Iceman and Gambit begin the energy blasts and once the assult/defence is in full swing...

Nightcrawler BFR'S them all in 3 seconds while they are distracted.

/WinWithJustMarvel?

Its MU earth and DC earth not universe

Juk3n
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Its MU earth and DC earth not universe

My bad Phantom - no surfer..but the rest still stand.

carnage52
just imagne batman with his own dynasty.not like dkd but with him as empror a sort of dr doom.

Phantom Zone
*bump* miffed:

Bentley
Kang solos.

Not really, a year and a half is not a lot. Even with their combined resources they would have a hard time to match Earth's sheer power. It really depends in if they are allowed to divide the enemy forces, since Kang mostly depends on taking over the opposition and breaking their morals; if everyone is adamantly going to attack the team with everything they got, they don't have a chance in hell.

With more time, and if this happened as an actual war, team could do some serious damage. Reed's tech and Batman's resources and knowledge about the opposition may help.

Actually if they can use OMACs, Sentinels and Thor clones, maybe they can take it, but with just a year and a half, not for the majority -again, if they can divide/isolate, otherwise magicians would be a pain-.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Bentley
Kang solos.

Not really, a year and a half is not a lot. Even with their combined resources they would have a hard time to match Earth's sheer power. It really depends in if they are allowed to divide the enemy forces, since Kang mostly depends on taking over the opposition and breaking their morals; if everyone is adamantly going to attack the team with everything they got, they don't have a chance in hell.

With more time, and if this happened as an actual war, team could do some serious damage. Reed's tech and Batman's resources and knowledge about the opposition may help.

Actually if they can use OMACs, Sentinels and Thor clones, maybe they can take it, but with just a year and a half, not for the majority -again, if they can divide/isolate, otherwise magicians would be a pain-.

Well look it at like this Kang has already conquered Marvel Earth. Batman already has a shit load of countermeasures for Dc heroes and Reed probably has countermeasures for alot of marevl superheroes.

Also bare in mind that Kangs tech is much more advanced than batman or Reeds even Doom needed help from kang because of his tech. kangs tech was so adavnced that neither Galactus, Silver Surfer or Starnge coudl detect Kangs ship....and that was simply stuff that Kang already had in his posssesion.

Bentley
But if this was a fight to conquer Earth with stealth or in warfare it would be one thing, if Earth is unaware of the attack, or if they can be divided, things are considerably easier. But being a forum battle, will every hero just fight them straight not caring of consequences? If so, then I'm afraid they are bound to fail eventually.

Bouboumaster
Thanos counter-act ftw rock

Mindset
Doom solos

vansonbee
They fail, Kang conquer a different future reality then main steam time. Doesn't contribute consistence information.

Batman/Reed counter heroes? Maybe 25% the most.

Sentry & Wonder Woman etc doesn't have a weakness like Superman and ... that it* Team lose!

Dr. Strange can't be counter by science smile

Bentley
Originally posted by vansonbee
They fail, Kang conquer a different future reality then main steam time. Doesn't contribute consistence information.

Batman/Reed counter heroes? Maybe 25% the most.

Sentry & Wonder Woman etc doesn't have a weakness like Superman and ... that it* Team lose!

Dr. Strange can't be counter by science smile

Kang has already conquered 616, by overpowering the heros, so its not half bad as a proof. We know he defeated the Sh'iar and Badoon.

Team still loses though, because of magic precisely.

Edit: Dr. Strange has been countered by science, by Korvac without the PC, it doesn't change the result though.

Phantom Zone

Team still loses though, because of magic precisely.

Edit: Dr. Strange has been countered by science, by Korvac without the PC, it doesn't change the result though.

Kang had a spacehip that could not be detected by Silver Sufer, Doc strange and Galactus. If they can be undetected by those guys they could use stealth to beat Marvel and Dc assassins.

Enyalus
Nah, the genius team wins this challenge easily. Reed is capable of exploiting any weakness of any Marvel Earth hero. Especially with a year and a half of prep. And Batman already has countermeasures, etc. in place for taking down the entire Justice League. Plus Kang, who like Phantom mentioned, has already taken over Marvel Earth by himself.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Enyalus
Nah, the genius team wins this challenge easily. Reed is capable of exploiting any weakness of any Marvel Earth hero. Especially with a year and a half of prep. And Batman already has countermeasures, etc. in place for taking down the entire Justice League. Plus Kang, who like Phantom mentioned, has already taken over Marvel Earth by himself.

To be fair though he probably spent more than a year and a half plannning....but of course now he has Reed and Batman to back him up....can you imagine what they could do with Kangs tech......goddamn!

Enyalus
To be fair though he probably spent more than a year and a half plannning....but of course now he has Reed and Batman to back him up....can you imagine what they could do with Kangs tech......goddamn!

Super Sentinal Time-Whammy OMACs. cool

Hewhoknowsall
Reed or Batman w/a few months could solo. Reed drove out Galactus.

Mindset
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Reed or Batman w/a few months could solo. Reed drove out Galactus. A starving Galactus.

And Galactus could have still won.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Mindset
A starving Galactus.

And Galactus could have still won.

I would have thought you were saying that the team loses by the looks of that post.... ermm

Mindset
I would have thought you were saying that the team loses by the looks of that post.... ermm That's why you don't assume.

Phantom Zone
Bah! stick out tongue

Bentley
As I stated, Kang's strength is using warfare, divide and conquer tactics. If he cannot use them in this fight -if everyone knows about them and fights them at the same time- it would be an uphill battle.

They have a shot but in one year I don't think they can get a conclusive win. Don't forget about the Spectre.

Phantom Zone
As I stated, Kang's strength is using warfare, divide and conquer tactics. If he cannot use them in this fight -if everyone knows about them and fights them at the same time- it would be an uphill battle.

Well as I mentioned Kang has tech with serious cloaking ability. If Doc Strange and Silver Surfer couldnt detect them who can? They dont neccesarily have to use an army they could just find objects of power as well.

They have a shot but in one year I don't think they can get a conclusive win. Don't forget about the Spectre.

Spectre is marvel earth?

iceman24567
The spear of Destiny can handle the Spectre.

Bentley
Well as I mentioned Kang has tech with serious cloaking ability. If Doc Strange and Silver Surfer couldnt detect them who can? They dont neccesarily have to use an army they could just find objects of power as well.

As I have said several times without finding an answer, it depends if they are going to sneak into each planet in a comic plot fashion or if they are just going to face opponents who will resist them and just them. I also assumed that they would have no aid of power items they couldn't create themselves, because that kind of plot device way of winning is a little against the point of putting characters against each other (I mean, will Kang travel to the point where the Infinity Guantlet was in the ground to pick it up and own everyone? No, he wouldn't, he loves challenge and here he would try to win by himself. Same for Batman up to a point, he doesn't hide behind tech all that much).

Again, neither SS nor Doctor Strange were looking actively for them, they were just passing by. Also, cloaking won't win this battle, they need an amazing power output which they don't have. Can they overpower the two earths? Not without enough time, and I think (again, that they can win but) they don't have enough time.

Phantom Zone
As I have said several times without finding an answer, it depends if they are going to sneak into each planet in a comic plot fashion or if they are just going to face opponents who will resist them and just them.

I know they have. I haven't read The Kang Dynasty but I know Kang has conquered many worlds so he should have enough troops to put up a fight against DC and Marvel earth, maybe not enough to win but maybe enough to be used as a distraction.

I can't see why Kang, Reed and Batman can't come up with a divide and conquer plan. Batman knows DCU very well and Reed knows marvel very well.

I also assumed that they would have no aid of power items they couldn't create themselves, because that kind of plot device way of winning is a little against the point of putting characters against each other (I mean, will Kang travel to the point where the Infinity Guantlet was in the ground to pick it up and own everyone? No, he wouldn't, he loves challenge and here he would try to win by himself. Same for Batman up to a point, he doesn't hide behind tech all that much).

That example is a bit extreme but I don't see whats wrong with them trying to get an infinity gem for example. The gem won't give them the win but its an example

Again, neither SS nor Doctor Strange were looking actively for them, they were just passing by.

This is the first time you stated that, no need to be a smartass. Ok good point but it was still impressive. Can't remember what happened and I can't be arsed to go back and read it but from what I remember they should have been able to detect them even if they were not looking for them.

Also, cloaking won't win this battle,

I know but it could be argued that they have the capability to hide if they upgraded that stuff.

they need an amazing power output which they don't have. Can they overpower the two earths? Not without enough time, and I think (again, that they can win but) they don't have enough time.

Maybe but im betting those 3 could find something within a year and a half.

ultimatethor
Team goes down

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Team goes down

Defintely possible.

Phantom Zone
You know what I just got thinking. Im pretty sure we would agree that Batman at present could possibly deafeat The JLA with prep and also other teams. The thing is we have to remember that when certain people are defeated that their resources will be taken.

For example if Auqman is defeated DC Atlantis could be controlled. If Kyle id defeated Reed and Kang could analyse Oan tech. If Superman is defeats they could get the fortress of solitude etc.

Bentley
What are the rules anyway? Do they get ported into Marvel or DC earth after the prep time is done? Do they face the opponents in a straight forum fashion or everything passes normally as if they were in a comic book world?

I ask these because if they can use stealth, they can indeed, get advantages and try to improve their chances. In a straight fight they don't have the advantage.

I consider myself to be well versed about Kang, I've read more than half the issues he has appeared into, and know most of the tech he has displayed.

We've never seen a Kang "not-holding back" except maybe in Avengers Forever, he always plays with his food and engages combat in such a fashion that his opponent is in the ability to fight but is bested. Since I cannot really vouch for Kang "going all out" -it has never been shown so it would be speculation from my part-, I have to assume he will fight in his regular fashion. In which case I seriously doubt he could get the firepower to win this in a single year.

I think it is within the power and the resources of those three to take the two earths down, but in the time frame they would be defeated.

But again, who knows? Kang going all out could bring armies from several realities to improve his tech and wage war for him. We just don't have on panel feats to prove it could happen.

Phantom Zone
What are the rules anyway? Do they get ported into Marvel or DC earth after the prep time is done? Do they face the opponents in a straight forum fashion or everything passes normally as if they were in a comic book world?

Well my intention was that they spend 2 years planning and then they decide on best course of action. Im assuming they can work together as a team. Not sure what you mean by passes normally but I was thinking one day the heroes wake up and find themselves under attack...or they may not even know when they are being attacked....ermm hope that makes sense.

I ask these because if they can use stealth, they can indeed, get advantages and try to improve their chances. In a straight fight they don't have the advantage.

I consider myself to be well versed about Kang, I've read more than half the issues he has appeared into, and know most of the tech he has displayed.

We've never seen a Kang "not-holding back" except maybe in Avengers Forever, he always plays with his food and engages combat in such a fashion that his opponent is in the ability to fight but is bested. Since I cannot really vouch for Kang "going all out" -it has never been shown so it would be speculation from my part-, I have to assume he will fight in his regular fashion. In which case I seriously doubt he could get the firepower to win this in a single year.

I think it is within the power and the resources of those three to take the two earths down, but in the time frame they would be defeated.

But again, who knows? Kang going all out could bring armies from several realities to improve his tech and wage war for him. We just don't have on panel feats to prove it could happen.

I suspect that what would be used is a combination of stealth and brute force. Kang uses his tech and armies to fight the heroes, while Bruce and Reed work behind the scenes.

Bentley
If they can use an stealth attack, they can probably try something like replacing people by OMACs and using the Sentinel technology time-trick to control them, mass-produce them and use them to target strategical attacks. I think they have way too many options to choose just one to go by.

I think they could take Marvel Earth, again (stretching an optimistic time frame), but DC would cause more problems in my opinion. Its my opinion that Reed is the top hero in Marvel, while Batman is seriously outclassed when it comes to serious threats (Imperiex, the Sinistro Corps, etc.) in which he is an excellent support, but not nearly enough plot-devicy as Reed. And since Kang and Reed don't have experience against DC, I'm not sure if they can do good.

Phantom Zone
If they can use an stealth attack, they can probably try something like replacing people by OMACs and using the Sentinel technology time-trick to control them, mass-produce them and use them to target strategical attacks. I think they have way too many options to choose just one to go by.

Of course.

I think they could take Marvel Earth, again (stretching an optimistic time frame), but DC would cause more problems in my opinion. Its my opinion that Reed is the top hero in Marvel, while Batman is seriously outclassed when it comes to serious threats (Imperiex, the Sinistro Corps, etc.) in which he is an excellent support, but not nearly enough plot-devicy as Reed. And since Kang and Reed don't have experience against DC, I'm not sure if they can do good.

I think you're right but bare in mind this could be due to lack of resources even Doom benefitted from Kangs tech. Also Batman has been stated as saying something like 'If only I could get my hands on a motherbox', which implies that he can understand more advanced tech than his possesses he just needs to get his hands on it. Giving Batman Kangs tech will be like upgrading him.

Also bare in mind that eventhough Reed and Kang don't know DC Batman does and even if he is lacking in skills and resources the other two will simply give him what he is lacking.

Bentley
Reed wouldn't add too much in the magic department, and DC is overly magical and Batman is not all that good against it either.

To me magic is the deciding factor for DC.

redhotrash
Again, the team is against way too much. Firstly I wouldnt put too much stock in Batman taking out the JLA. Who hasnt solo'ed the JLA at this point? And to be fair, a lot of the tactics that have been used against them the 352 times they have been solo'ed shouldnt work twice. I know if I was beaten five times in a row using the same method, I'd prepare for it next time. There are just way too many variables to consider. I mean how long would it take to prepare a fool proof plan to beat JUST the Juggernaut? Or JUST Thor? Keep in mind now that Thor has Odin's power, and all of Asgard is on Marvel earth. These guys would need some serious time just to deal with them. I pointed out earlier that Dr. Strange by himself could give these guys all sorts of trouble, and of course Phantom was nice enough to ignore that. Someone else mentioned that none of these guys are familiar with magic, which is true. Personally I think Kang is pretty over rated here. He hasnt done as much as say Dr. Doom despite having a lot more resources available to him.

Phantom Zone
Reed wouldn't add too much in the magic department, and DC is overly magical and Batman is not all that good against it either.

To me magic is the deciding factor for DC.

True but if you get an artfiact that is powerful enough then it won't matter. I think Kang has some famailirity with magic/cosmic device so he could help in this area. Hell im pretty sure they could get people wo work for them that are.

Again, the team is against way too much. Firstly I wouldnt put too much stock in Batman taking out the JLA. Who hasnt solo'ed the JLA at this point? And to be fair, a lot of the tactics that have been used against them the 352 times they have been solo'ed shouldnt work twice. I know if I was beaten five times in a row using the same method, I'd prepare for it next time. There are just way too many variables to consider. I mean how long would it take to prepare a fool proof plan to beat JUST the Juggernaut? Or JUST Thor? Keep in mind now that Thor has Odin's power, and all of Asgard is on Marvel earth. These guys would need some serious time just to deal with them. I pointed out earlier that Dr. Strange by himself could give these guys all sorts of trouble, and of course Phantom was nice enough to ignore that. Someone else mentioned that none of these guys are familiar with magic, which is true. Personally I think Kang is pretty over rated here. He hasnt done as much as say Dr. Doom despite having a lot more resources available to him.

I didn't ignore anytthing you pain in the neck if you dont think they can win thats fine, some people agree some people dont.

Actually we dont really know how powerful Strange is at the moment, he seems to have been replaced by a Skrull, yes it was stupid for you to say that Strange would solo the team when you said it. At that current time Strange has been shown to be a shadow of him his former self.

Saying what is batman going to do was still retarded and you kept on going on about how Knag conquered a future earth when thats not happened please go and whine somewhere else. I don't have a problem with you disagreeing I have a problem with you acting like a dick.

Phantom Zone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Strange#Powers_and_abilities

It has been recently revealed that since Strange has failed in his duties as Sorcerer Supreme, he no longer holds the title, and hence, is why he has not appeared in Secret Invasion so far. Bendis also said that in Dark Reign it will be revealed who the new Sorcerer Supreme is

Not sure if hes a skull but that certainly doesnt help you're agrument.

Bentley
Personally I think Kang is pretty over rated here. He hasnt done as much as say Dr. Doom despite having a lot more resources available to him.

If you say he can take those two earths in one year and a half, yes he is being overrated.

Its also true that Doom has done more, despite the fact Kang has conquered earth and saved all reality already. You have to consider that not only Doom is the more popular character (and because of that, he gets included much more often by writers) but also that both characters have entirely different motivations: Doom wants absolute power, Kang wants thrill.

I think that Kang's knowledge of cosmic devices is rather limited, as he has declared "A cosmic containment unit doesn't exist in my time", before Infinity War its safe to say Kang has never seen a cosmic cube before.

Phantom Zone
If you say he can take those two earths in one year and a half, yes he is being overrated.

Its also true that Doom has done more, despite the fact Kang has conquered earth and saved all reality already. You have to consider that not only Doom is the more popular character (and because of that, he gets included much more often by writers) but also that both characters have entirely different motivations: Doom wants absolute power, Kang wants thrill.

I think that Kang's knowledge of cosmic devices is rather limited, as he has declared "A cosmic containment unit doesn't exist in my time", before Infinity War its safe to say Kang has never seen a cosmic cube before.

I defintely think that Kang, batman and Reed can take aout the super teams and armies. I think if they can create a big enough army whilst concentrating on defeating the magical aspect of the DCU then they can win.

Also its been said that Aquman was wanted as a meber of the JLA to help with mystical threats. taking him out will be no problem and accessing and using his knowledge will be very useful.

Bentley
That is hopeful thinking at best in my opinion, Reed is not just bad with magic, he is awful against it (see the Unthinkable arc) and Batman is not going to be pawning high level wizards with information he doesn't have during prep to begin with (if I don't think they do good with a year and a half, much less during the attack).

Kang has already stated that bringing an army to invade a planet would just join everyone against the common threat -like in the skrull invasion-, so they wouldn't produce and army, it would be something like a doomsday device or a stealth attack (or warfare if Kang gets his way). I think that Batman lacks of the skill to build such doomsday device, so it would come down to Reed doing something, and getting pawned by magic.

Its not just about having three geniuses but also to know their limitations and strengths. In this case, Doom would've been a better aid for team since he has experience with magic -and still, nothing DC level-.

redhotrash
Dr. Strange, at his peak, could cause the team all sorts of problems. I was going by overall showings, not just the most recent ones.

Phantom Zone
That is hopeful thinking at best in my opinion, Reed is not just bad with magic, he is awful against it (see the Unthinkable arc) and Batman is not going to be pawning high level wizards with information he doesn't have during prep to begin with (if I don't think they do good with a year and a half, much less during the attack).

Kang has already stated that bringing an army to invade a planet would just join everyone against the common threat -like in the skrull invasion-, so they wouldn't produce and army, it would be something like a doomsday device or a stealth attack (or warfare if Kang gets his way). I think that Batman lacks of the skill to build such doomsday device, so it would come down to Reed doing something, and getting pawned by magic.

Its not just about having three geniuses but also to know their limitations and strengths. In this case, Doom would've been a better aid for team since he has experience with magic -and still, nothing DC level-.

Ok good point but there are still ways to get around this.

1. Powerful artifact. You might not be an expert of guerilla warfare but if you use a nuke you will win. Reed isnt an expert on magic but he does seem to understand cosmic cube etc and those items seem to overlap with magic.

2 Extremely advanced tech. Batman claimed that all he needed was 10 days to undertand a motherbox. I have seen some tech in DCU have a waekness for magic but I can't see this happening with a motherbox because it has a link with the source. Of course you can be defeated but it shouldn't have a special weakness to magic.

Also Kangs tech has been shown to be able to counter magic (invsible to Dr Stranges scans)

3. Using Aquaman. Since Batman has already been able to mentally affect Aquaman its possible they could mind control him and use him to help them against DCU magic. Aquaman was used as the resident occultist in the JLU instead of Zatanna.

I also think that Batman has anti-magic protocols and actually has some knowledge of magic, its seems he maybe be able to take out DCu magic users through other means.....but this is not concerete

Dr. Strange, at his peak, could cause the team all sorts of problems. I was going by overall showings, not just the most recent ones.

If all his recent showings are crap it implies hes weaker.

Bentley
Kang's relationship with magic, for what I have read, is difficult to evaluate, since he has never done many remarks. He has countered astral forms, magic detection and beaten a magician in a battle, but this is hardly something that gives him an edge against magic in general.

I don't think Batman has a plan nor the ability to beat the Quintessence by himself, for example, this would already take a chunk of a year -but don't ask me, make a thread to see what others think-.

Do we have proof of any of this guys building a cosmic cube level artifact? Are we to suppose they are going to steal it successfully? I feel that unless they build the artifact themselves is kind of deus ex machina to have them use an artifact, if we are to suppose that's an option almost any chump could solo earth.

Can they get a mother box and use it effectively to defeat everyone? I'm truly not convinced.

redhotrash
Reed's recent showings are nothing to write home about. And Kang most recently was taken out by Young Avengers...

Bentley
Reed's recent showings are nothing to write home about. And Kang most recently was taken out by Young Avengers...

Good that you bring it up because his armor was hacked by magic, proving he doesn't have experience against it.

Kang was taken out by himself during that battle (after casually killing Iron-man and Captain America).

Phantom Zone
Kang's relationship with magic, for what I have read, is difficult to evaluate, since he has never done many remarks. He has countered astral forms, magic detection and beaten a magician in a battle, but this is hardly something that gives him an edge against magic in general.

Showing several good showings against magic certainly doesnt prove he has a weakness for it either.

I don't think Batman has a plan nor the ability to beat the Quintessence by himself, for example, this would already take a chunk of a year -but don't ask me, make a thread to see what others think-.

No need to be a smartass, im not even sure if they can be considered to be DC earth.

Do we have proof of any of this guys building a cosmic cube level artifact? Are we to suppose they are going to steal it successfully? I feel that unless they build the artifact themselves is kind of deus ex machina to have them use an artifact, if we are to suppose that's an option almost any chump could solo earth.

Sure they can create or find a powerful artifact, there are no rules against it, there are rules against outside help.

Well Reed created a device that could disrupt the cosmic egg in what seemed relatively little time. Maybe its not proof they could create one but it proves he has an in-depth knowledge of them, having those two certainly won't hurt either. Also Red Skull has manufactured a cosmic cube, it won't hurt to obtain it and the tech that created it.

Can they get a mother box and use it effectively to defeat everyone? I'm truly not convinced.

It doesnt have to be their only plan, but the fact that Batman can understand a motherbox in 10 days leads me to belive that with the other two the possibilties are endless. You also have to bear in mind a motherbox actually helps the user to achieve its aims for example one motherbox actually merged with Iron Mans armour.

Reed recently created an anti-Galactus robot. Im not even sure if getting beaten by the Young Avengers even proves that hes weaker because Kang like everybody else has various showings he also doesnt appear that much in comics like Dr Strange does, but when you appear in a current series and look consistently bad and you appear in a mini-series and look bad thats a strong implication that the current version is weaker. I mean the guy couldn't even cast a spell because his hands were broken, its a strong implication that he sux.

Good that you bring it up because his armor was hacked by magic, proving he doesn't have experience against it.

Talking about unthinkable. That arc does not prove conclusively that Reed can't counter magic. Later on Reed travelled back in time and could have killed Dr Doom but instead he took some of his DNA, he also used Dr Dooms tech that utilised magic to get him out of hell, he then trapped Dr Doom in an infinite prison which Dr Doom was not able to get out of until somebody from outside smashed into it. Which proves my point if the tech is advanced enough it can counter magic.

Also the unthinkable arcs shows that Reed can use magic if he gets help, using a mindcontrolled Aquaman is still an option.

Kang was taken out by himself during that battle (after casually killing Iron-man and Captain America).

Not sure what you're refering to here.

Bentley
That Kang got stabbed by Iron-lad against the Young Avengers.

I already stated my thoughts about this match, didn't mean to be an smart ass. My thoughts is that it really depends on the magics involved and what the team can do to boost themselves. The time seems like a stretch to me, from 3 to 5 years would have been quite enough to win this in my opinion.

Good discussion though.

Bentley
Hey, I came back and Kang wins! eek!

D_Dude1210
Batman's creativity/Kang's time-gained knowledge/Reed's technological genius.... one year of prep...

They win.

Mindset
Hey, I came back and Kang wins! eek! lmfao

janus77
Originally posted by Deadline
Kang, Batman and Reed Richards vs DC earth and Marvel earth. My team get a year and a half can they win?
BannerTech + ChoPod + really large Pym + Wondy's breasts = win!

Bentley
Originally posted by janus77
really large Pym + Wondy's breasts

confused

Black bolt z
Yes they can.

Reed + Kang tech + Batman strategic mind....OMG!

janus77
confused
in case you were wondering, yes it was a proximity effect.

WW's cleavage is to Pym what Gamma bombs are to Banner... go large!

Lord KMC
Kang is unnecessary.
Richards and Wayne should suffice.
MU and DCU are overtaken unless Primal Monitor or TOAA step in.

Bentley
Originally posted by Lord KMC
Kang is unnecessary.
Richards and Wayne should suffice.
MU and DCU are overtaken unless Primal Monitor or TOAA step in.

Wayne doesn't help Richards one bit.

Kang is necessary, otherwise they'll scrub out sad

Uriel005
still need to deal with reality manips first or its a wipe.

Bentley
Originally posted by Uriel005
still need to deal with reality manips first or its a wipe.

They kill erase the timelines in which they become reality warpers!

Lord KMC
Wayne doesn't help Richards one bit.
Wayne is barely inferior to Richards - he's even more intelligent in all other areas other than science confused

Kang is necessary, otherwise they'll scrub out sad
True.

Lord_Talron
they take it over.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.