Neo vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
NEO vs SUPERMAN (Superman Returns)

Who is more powerful?

This is not a Vs topic in the typical sense. Since we know Superman would absolutely slaughter Neo. Rather who is overall more powerful regarding their abilities. I admitt its quite subjective, but could raise some good discussion.

(For example, Charles Xavier would lose in a fight to classic Magneto, but it doesnt mean he is any less powerful)

For those who think Neo has a chance in a fight vs Superman, you're free to discuss that aswell, in fact I would encourage it if you believe you have some good arguments.

Neo -
AKA Thomas Anderson

Brief description of abilities:

Superstrength

Feats include being able to punch through concrete and metal walls. Exact strength level is unknown.

Durability

Survive a fight against multiple Agent Smiths. Although, in a fight against one of the Frenchmen's thugs, he was shown to bleed after blocking a sword strike with his bare hands. However, the strength level of his attacker of his attacker is unknown.

Superspeed/Reflexes

Fast enough to dodge bullets with ease.

Flight

Flight speed has been shown to be at least 3 times faster than the speed of sound. Although some feats would place it at a much higher level. Examples include:
Pulling out Morpheus and the Keymaker from an explosion (after the explosion has started).
Creating sonic booms powerful enough to leave a trail of destruction behind him (also seemingly warp reality).

Telekinesis

Stopping bullets with ease. Apart from stopping bullets and summoning hand-held weapons, Neo has not displayed a stronger control of telekinesis. In addtion, some consider that he uses this ability to allow him to leap great distances.

Ability to Heal/Ressurect the Dead

Ressurects Trinity. However, the extent of this ability is unknown.

Skills and Martial Arts prowness
Neo has virtually all skills that are imaginable. If for any reason, he lacks a particular skill, it can be uploaded to be included in his skill set. Neo is also a master of practically all kinds of martial arts.

Code Vision
Neo sees the world in "Code". One implication of this is that he has an "advanced" x-ray vision that allows him not only to see through anything, but the ability to understand it.

Reality Warping It has been stated that he has this ability, yet he has never been shown using it. Some consider that Neo's occasional "ripple-effect" of certain feats are considered as reality warping, yet it does not serve as a benefit to him.

Superman

AKA Kal-El, Clark Kent.

Since I think most people are very familiar with Superman, I'll just list some impressive feats he did in Superman Returns.

Strength
Lifts an entire mini-continent embedded with Kryptonite. I would estimate the weight of this to be in excess of hundreds of millions of tonnes.

Durability
Shown to be completely unaffected by high callibre bullets from a gattling gun. Also unaffected by being shot in the eye.

Unaffected at extreme temperatures, i.e from 1000 - 2000 degrees celcius (in the Magma).

Speed and Flight
Faster than a speeding Bullet, around 900 m/s - about 3 times the speed of sound.

Faster than a free falling plane, around 1400m/s - around 4 times the speed of sound.

Heat Vision
Hot enough to melt glass (1500-2500 degrees celcius)

Arctic Breath
Cold enough to put out large fires/ ignited flames from a gas pipe explosion.

Super Senses
Hearing - Can hear sounds as soft as a conversation from space.
Sight - Unknown, but enhanced.

Ability to survive in Space
- Implication that he is without need for oxygen for a long time.

-----

You can use a "who would you rather be" mindset if it helps you make your decision.

Actually after typing all this up (which took awhile) , its kind of silly to me.
Superman has this in the bag. Neo has the ability to ressurect/heal and slight Reality Warping powers, is that enough to balance to scales?

Rogue Jedi
does Neo know about kryptonite?

DestinyGuy678
ony lway ne owins is if he rams into superman and blows him up from the inside, but the battle is in supermans favor

Rogue Jedi
neo cant win unless he has kryptonite.

superchron
Superman

DestinyGuy678
unless neo uses the fly in and explode move, he loses everytime

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
neo cant win unless he has kryptonite.

WrathfulDwarf
Neo: "I know Kung Fu"

Superman: roll eyes (sarcastic)

(Superman grabs Neo and throws his ass to the sun)

Alpha Centauri
If this happens in the Matrix, it's irrelevant, since Neo is effectively god there.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Uh-huh....that's why he needed help to get out the subway in revolutions...some god he turns out to be.

Alpha Centauri
That wasn't IN the Matrix. It was inbetween the Matrix and the source, he ended up there because he was not yet able to control his powers fully. Within the Matrix, he is essentially all powerful.

Watch the movies, learn, then offer your input.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That wasn't IN the Matrix. It was inbetween the Matrix and the real world, he ended up there because he was not yet able to control his powers fully. Within the Matrix, he is essentially all powerful.

Watch the movies, learn, then offer your input.

-AC

Oh, I'm sorry, wasn't he SUPPOSE to be powerful in both the real world and the matrix world.

No, thanks, I had enough of that shit back in 03.

Go have fun confusing yourself further by sucking up the entire trilogy shenanigans.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Oh, I'm sorry, wasn't he SUPPOSE to be powerful in both the real world and the matrix world.

No, thanks, I had enough of that shit back in 03.

Go have fun confusing yourself further by sucking up the entire trilogy shenanigans.

Yes, he's powerful in both, who's talking about "powerful"? I said he's effectively god in the Matrix, which is why he would beat Superman if the fight was there.

Do you throw tantrums when you're wrong ALL the time? Revolutions was a pile of shit, I didn't like Reloaded either, but this doesn't alter fact. Take your rattle and leave this to those who actually do know what they're on about, though.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Yes, he's powerful in both, who's talking about "powerful"? I said he's effectively god in the Matrix, which is why he would beat Superman if the fight was there.

Do you throw tantrums when you're wrong ALL the time? Revolutions was a pile of shit, I didn't like Reloaded either, but this doesn't alter fact. Take your rattle and leave this to those who actually do know what they're on about, though.

-AC

WTF? you said god and that implies powerful.

Damn! So friggin confuse there.

On topic:
Eventually Neo has to step out of the Matrix. Superman will be waiting.

Alpha Centauri
Stop being a moron.

If it happens in the Matrix, Neo wins. That was my point, what's yours?

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Stop being a moron.

If it happens in the Matrix, Neo wins. That was my point, what's yours?

-AC

Now, you're calling me a moron.

Keep it up...

Alpha Centauri
When you're ready, I won't have to.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf

On topic:

Peach
WTF? you said god and that implies powerful.

Damn! So friggin confuse there.

On topic:

Why would Superman be out of the Matrix? He's just a blue pill, after all.

And even if he was, he'd just be a normal human. No powers whatsoever. The only reason Neo has any powers outside of the Matrix is because he's the One and even THAT wasn't meant to happen.

Also, as said, the subway station was neither in the Matrix nor the Real so it's irrelevant.

Considering that Neo can rewrite the very code of the Matrix itself, there's no way he couldn't win.

Alpha Centauri
He doesn't have to step out, actually.

Superman may not even be able to exist outside the Matrix, as Lana said, he's a blue pill.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Peach

And even if he was, he'd just be a normal human. No powers whatsoever. The only reason Neo has any powers outside of the Matrix is because he's the One and even THAT wasn't meant to happen.

I'm going to disagree there...because Superman's possess his high senses...it's part of his Kryptonian Physiology. He won't be a normal human.

Even if Neo could re-write the Matrix world. This wouldn't be a challenge for Superman. For he has had experience with villains that can alter reality and still capable of fighting back.

A good dilema here would be if the Matrix Sun would empower Superman's body.

Alpha Centauri
I'm going to disagree there...because Superman's possess his high senses...it's part of his Kryptonian Physiology.

Which itself is created in the Matrix.

-AC

Peach
I'm going to disagree there...because Superman's possess his high senses...it's part of his Kryptonian Physiology. He won't be a normal human.

Even if Neo could re-write the Matrix world. This wouldn't be a challenge for Superman. For he has had experience with villains that can alter reality and still capable of fighting back.

A good dilema here would be if the Matrix Sun would empower Superman's body.

What would high senses have to do with anything?

Outside of the Matrix, everyone is just a normal human. Period. Even if they're a weird alien inside the Matrix. There's really no exceptions to this at all. Neo is the one and only exception to this and, as I said, it wasn't meant to happen.

Even IF Superman were able to leave the Matrix which is why he has superpowers in it to begin with, in the Real he would be 100% normal human. Neo has some powers in the Real, but it's mostly over machines, so what it'd come down to would be a brawl between two weak skinny guys who were immobile the majority of their lives.

Alter reality? How about recode things to be made up of kryptonite?

Really, this is basic Matrix stuff. You can't just say "but I disagree!" because it doesn't work that way.

The Matrix sun isn't real. So no.

WrathfulDwarf
What would high senses have to do with anything?

Outside of the Matrix, everyone is just a normal human. Period. Even if they're a weird alien inside the Matrix. There's really no exceptions to this at all. Neo is the one and only exception to this and, as I said, it wasn't meant to happen.

Even IF Superman were able to leave the Matrix which is why he has superpowers in it to begin with, in the Real he would be 100% normal human.

Alter reality? How about recode things to be made up of kryptonite?

Really, this is basic Matrix stuff. You can't just say "but I disagree!" because it doesn't work that way.

The Matrix sun isn't real. So no.

Hold on...

One thing at a time.

In the Matrix, we only saw humans been altered by the Matrix world. It was never clarify if beings from other worlds would be affected. As I said Kryptonians have very unique physiology once they're powered by a sun. It enhances their abilities to fight.

Which brings this to your sun isn't real comment. If the things in the Matrix aren't real...then by all means the kryptonite won't affect Superman. Since it's not the real thing.

Alpha Centauri
He doesn't understand the concept of the Matrix.

He really doesn't, haha.

-AC

Peach
Hold on...

One thing at a time.

In the Matrix, we only saw humans been altered by the Matrix world. It was never clarify if beings from other worlds would be affected. As I said Kryptonians have very unique physiology once they're powered by a sun. It enhances their abilities to fight.

Which brings this to your sun isn't real comment. If the things in the Matrix aren't real...then by all means the kryptonite won't affect Superman. Since it's not the real thing.

The ONLY people that exist in the Matrix fall under two categories.

1) Programs (and generally if you can see the program, it's an Exile)

and

2) Bluepills. AKA, a person who in the Real is sleeping and acting as a battery and living out life in the Matrix as though everything is normal, because they believe it is and do not realize it's all a computer simulation.

There are also the redpills, those who left the Matrix, but I don't really count them in this because they're in the Real more often than not, and there's very few of them.

There are no other worlds and thus no people from other worlds - hell we don't even know if there are any cities other than the main one shown in the movies. Thus all of Superman's powers would have been programmed for him to have. However, while it may not actually be real, if you've ever actually watched the Matrix you'll have heard the quote "your mind makes it real" several times. A weakness is still a weakness, because you believe that it is real which thus causes it to effect you.

For example: In the first movie, Neo died when he was shot by Smith. He died in the Real from the wounds, because while it wasn't actually real, his mind believed that it was and thus the wounds transfered to his real body. Of course, he didn't stay dead, but that was simply because he became the One.

In Reloaded, Trinity was shot and died at the end. Her body in the Real had died because, same as above, her mind made it real and thus caused the wounds to transfer over. Neo was able to save her by altering her code in the Matrix.

See? Kryptonite in the Matrix, while not actually being real, would still effect Superman.

WrathfulDwarf
He doesn't understand the concept of the Matrix.

He really doesn't, haha.

-AC

Lana, I appreciate talking to you and giving me your time. But I won't be feeling comfortable debating with you and have AC around. He has pull this shit before when I was talking to Backfire.

Sorry for leaving this hanging. PM and we'll have a nice discussion. It's always good talking to you. Thanks...chat later.

Alpha Centauri
It would affect Superman because it being his weakness is written into his identity in the Matrix, just like all his abilities.

If we are to assume the Matrix is real, and that's why Neo exists to fight Superman in the first place, then everything is under his control. There is literally nothing Superman could do. Neo could turn his skin into kryptonite if he wanted to.

Superman, therefore, cannot be Superman outside the Matrix, because he'd be a program.

I can see this zooming over your head.

EDIT: Shame that. Admitting defeat would honestly be the better part of valour.

-AC

S_D_J
Originally posted by Placidity
NEO vs SUPERMAN (Superman Returns)

Who is more powerful?

This is not a Vs topic in the typical sense. Since we know Superman would absolutely slaughter Neo. Rather who is overall more powerful regarding their abilities. I admitt its quite subjective, but could raise some good discussion.

(For example, Charles Xavier would lose in a fight to classic Magneto, but it doesnt mean he is any less powerful)

For those who think Neo has a chance in a fight vs Superman, you're free to discuss that aswell, in fact I would encourage it if you believe you have some good arguments.

Neo -
AKA Thomas Anderson

Brief description of abilities:

Superstrength

Feats include being able to punch through concrete and metal walls. Exact strength level is unknown.

Durability

Survive a fight against multiple Agent Smiths. Although, in a fight against one of the Frenchmen's thugs, he was shown to bleed after blocking a sword strike with his bare hands. However, the strength level of his attacker of his attacker is unknown.

Superspeed/Reflexes

Fast enough to dodge bullets with ease.

Flight

Flight speed has been shown to be at least 3 times faster than the speed of sound. Although some feats would place it at a much higher level. Examples include:
Pulling out Morpheus and the Keymaker from an explosion (after the explosion has started).
Creating sonic booms powerful enough to leave a trail of destruction behind him (also seemingly warp reality).

Telekinesis

Stopping bullets with ease. Apart from stopping bullets and summoning hand-held weapons, Neo has not displayed a stronger control of telekinesis. In addtion, some consider that he uses this ability to allow him to leap great distances.

Ability to Heal/Ressurect the Dead

Ressurects Trinity. However, the extent of this ability is unknown.

Skills and Martial Arts prowness
Neo has virtually all skills that are imaginable. If for any reason, he lacks a particular skill, it can be uploaded to be included in his skill set. Neo is also a master of practically all kinds of martial arts.

Code Vision
Neo sees the world in "Code". One implication of this is that he has an "advanced" x-ray vision that allows him not only to see through anything, but the ability to understand it.

Reality Warping It has been stated that he has this ability, yet he has never been shown using it. Some consider that Neo's occasional "ripple-effect" of certain feats are considered as reality warping, yet it does not serve as a benefit to him.

Superman

AKA Kal-El, Clark Kent.

Since I think most people are very familiar with Superman, I'll just list some impressive feats he did in Superman Returns.

Strength
Lifts an entire mini-continent embedded with Kryptonite. I would estimate the weight of this to be in excess of hundreds of millions of tonnes.

Durability
Shown to be completely unaffected by high callibre bullets from a gattling gun. Also unaffected by being shot in the eye.

Unaffected at extreme temperatures, i.e from 1000 - 2000 degrees celcius (in the Magma).

Speed and Flight
Faster than a speeding Bullet, around 900 m/s - about 3 times the speed of sound.

Faster than a free falling plane, around 1400m/s - around 4 times the speed of sound.

Heat Vision
Hot enough to melt glass (1500-2500 degrees celcius)

Arctic Breath
Cold enough to put out large fires/ ignited flames from a gas pipe explosion.

Super Senses
Hearing - Can hear sounds as soft as a conversation from space.
Sight - Unknown, but enhanced.

Ability to survive in Space
- Implication that he is without need for oxygen for a long time.

-----

You can use a "who would you rather be" mindset if it helps you make your decision.

Actually after typing all this up (which took awhile) , its kind of silly to me.
Superman has this in the bag. Neo has the ability to ressurect/heal and slight Reality Warping powers, is that enough to balance to scales?

Considering all the discussion above, I think who'd win would be decided by the setting in which this battle would take place

- Within the DC Universe: If Neo were to have all of his "superhero" abilities just as any other superhero, Superman would totally own his ass, he wouldn't be as powerful as Superman. While being strong, he's not as strong ... if he were to alter reality, maybe he'd put up a fight, or he could resort to Kriptonite erm... but still Superman wins

- Inside the Matrix: Neo wins, everything was accurately explained by Lana... enough said.

- In the real World (where there's no such thing as "Super power"... or Aliens): Boring fight between a buff guy and a skinny guy (who may know Kung Fu)... don't care who wins

Alpha Centauri
Neo couldn't ever exist without the Matrix existing, by definition.

That's why he exists. So he'd always win.

-AC

ragesRemorse
Superman would have no flight capabilities or super strength in the matrix. With training, he might be able to become as agile and powerful as Trinity and morpheus, but nothing more. Virtual sun and virtual gravity are just that, virtual.

I would say Neo is more powerful than Superman is in his respective environment. Even if these two would be able to fight while each are in their prime states outside of the matrix, i think Neo would have a chance. if we disregard the lack of energy sources for superman and allow him to have his abilities while inside the matrix, he still loses. As AC said, Neo is essentially God of the matrix.

Placidity
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Superman would have no flight capabilities or super strength in the matrix. With training, he might be able to become as agile and powerful as Trinity and morpheus, but nothing more. Virtual sun and virtual gravity are just that, virtual.

I would say Neo is more powerful than Superman is in his respective environment. Even if these two would be able to fight while each are in their prime states outside of the matrix, i think Neo would have a chance. if we disregard the lack of energy sources for superman and allow him to have his abilities while inside the matrix, he still loses. As AC said, Neo is essentially God of the matrix.

I think you're confused. Go back and read what some of the other guys said.
Superman still has all his powers in the Matrix. He would be far superior to people like Morpheus and Trinity. Neo is an exception because he is The One. Also, I'm sure Smith could beat Superman by assimiliating him.

Also, anyone outside of the matrix is just a normal person, except for Neo who can control the machines due to his connection with the source.

Now, onto the part about how Neo is "god" of matrix, I would have to disagree, because he still has to fight other programs. For whatever reason, he doesn't seem to be able to destroy programs/people like the way he did Smith in the first movie. If I'm missing something, please correct me lol.
That said, Neo can break many laws of physics I guess, but there are still limits, and thus he has to fight just like everyone else.

Peach
No, you're right, he can't recode other programs or people. But neither can the System itself - else there'd be no Exiles running around, nor would there be any of the Rebels running around either. All they'd need to do is go "Oh, there's the Oracle, rewrite her code" or "Hey, it's Trinity. *click*" and they're done with, otherwise.

But that's not the case as it's not really possible to mess with codes like that - I'd say what Neo did to revive Trinity is as close to that as it's possible to get.

He still has his limits but as far as the Matrix goes, he IS all but a god.

Rogue Jedi
Other than Kryptonite, what are Supermans weaknesses?

Alpha Centauri
Tailors, by the looks of things.

-AC

Robtard

He's shown vulnerability to magic on several occasions.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
He's shown vulnerability to magic on several occasions. I am VERY unfamiliar with Supes and Iron man. embarrasment

Tailors, by the looks of things.

-AC I LOLd. laughing out loud

celestialdemon
Superman wins

Rogue Jedi
IF Supes only weaknesses are kryptonite and certain forms of magic, and Neo has neither, it seems Superman would win.

Unless there is something else that can be used against Superman, or Neo has kryptonite.

Alpha Centauri
IF Supes only weaknesses are kryptonite and certain forms of magic, and Neo has neither, it seems Superman would win.

Unless there is something else that can be used against Superman, or Neo has kryptonite.

Are you genuinely lost to the rules of the Matrix?

Neo could turn Superman into kryptonite, turn the city into kryptonite, do anything necessary to beat Superman, and this is a fight that would HAVE to be in the Matrix, as with all of Neo's fights.

Outside of the Matrix, Superman would have no powers, since he'd be a blue pill. Neo still would, as he is the systemic anomaly.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Are you genuinely lost to the rules of the Matrix?

Neo could turn Superman into kryptonite, turn the city into kryptonite, do anything necessary to beat Superman, and this is a fight that would HAVE to be in the Matrix, as with all of Neo's fights.

Outside of the Matrix, Superman would have no powers, since he'd be a blue pill. Neo still would, as he is the systemic anomaly.

-AC Well, this all hinges on Neo knowing kryptonite weakens Superman.

I guess.

Alpha Centauri
Which he would, because it's in the Matrix, and he knows everything in there, essentially.

He'd read his code. Superman wouldn't win.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I get the whole "code" thing, but all of these fights we have Neo in, IN the matrix, against beings that aren't matrix related, that's where the confusion sets in.....

By fighting in the matrix, do his opponents automatically become programs of the matrix?

Alpha Centauri
Their existence would automatically mean that they are either red pills (People waken up out of the Matrix. Normal humans in the real world with powers in the Matrix, like Trinity etc), blue pills (People still trapped in the Matrix) or glitches.

Either way, Neo has control over all that.

Hence why making Neo fight anyone is a bit dumb, because he isn't a superhero. He's not a guy "with powers". It's a lot more complex than that.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
All fights involving Neo then should be outside the matrix, but that Neo retains his fighting skills, and is still able to fly and shit.

Alpha Centauri
Then that would be utterly ridiculous, untrue and not within some of his powers.

Why not just stop making threads involving people who cannot be discussed unless you give/retract powers to/from them?

Simple solution.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
A different route. yes

WrathfulDwarf

Magic.

Bardock42
Other than Kryptonite, what are Supermans weaknesses? Immense stupidity as well.

Alpha Centauri
Look at all these worms, Bardock.

They've come out of that can.

-AC

Bardock42
Look at all these worms, Bardock.

They've come out of that can.

-AC

No idea what you might possibly mean with that, but isn't the weather mighty fine today?

WrathfulDwarf
hehehe...

Alpha Centauri
I agree, Bardock.

Superman is one of those incredibly nonsensical characters at times.

-AC

Bardock42
I agree, Bardock.

Superman is one of those incredibly nonsensical characters at times.

-AC

Oh okay, I thought you might have made a reference to something i wasn't aware of. But yeah, Superman sucks usually, I'd even say there are only very few Graphic Novels that make him in any way interesting.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Immense stupidity as well. I laughed my ass off when I saw this at the theatre:

qW5UZRmlFsE

ragesRemorse
Superman still has all his powers in the Matrix. He would be far superior to people like Morpheus and Trinity. Neo is an exception because he is The One. Also, I'm sure Smith could beat Superman by assimiliating him.

Also, anyone outside of the matrix is just a normal person, except for Neo who can control the machines due to his connection with the source.

Now, onto the part about how Neo is "god" of matrix, I would have to disagree, because he still has to fight other programs. For whatever reason, he doesn't seem to be able to destroy programs/people like the way he did Smith in the first movie. If I'm missing something, please correct me lol.
That said, Neo can break many laws of physics I guess, but there are still limits, and thus he has to fight just like everyone else.

I disregarded their posts because Superman has no source of energy and no advantage with gravity whilst in the Matrix. I did honor their posts in addressing the hypothetical ,what if.

Neo can manipulate the code to it's furthest breaking point, something that the creator cannot do. So, if Superman were to meet Neo inside of the matrix and he still possessed his powers, he would never be able to match neo's speed, because Superman would not be able to slow time as neo can. Superman has divine reaction time, but considering that Superman enters the matrix, he has to have some kind of code imprinted on him, otherwise, this entire debate is bullshit and if Superman has an imprinted code Superman has no chance. So, either way, the topic hits a brick wall of what if's. If these what if's are answered with a solid answer it gives either Neo or Superman the winning advantage. If you take away Neo's ability to manipulate the matrix, he is useless, if you take away supermans powers he is useless, but if you allow Superman to enter the matrix with his powers, he must have some type of code. If we disregard the code aspect it ends in a stalmate. Neo is the Superman of the matrix

ragesRemorse

I disregarded their posts because Superman has no source of energy and no advantage with gravity whilst in the Matrix. I did honor their posts in addressing the hypothetical ,what if.

Neo can manipulate the code to it's furthest breaking point, something that the creator cannot do. So, if Superman were to meet Neo inside of the matrix and he still possessed his powers, he would never be able to match neo's speed, because Superman would not be able to slow time as neo can. Superman has divine reaction time, but considering that Superman enters the matrix, he has to have some kind of code imprinted on him

Dark-Jaxx
Superman can take Neo's head off before Neo can do...Anything.

Darth Martin
Superman

Impediment
Jesus Christ.

When will these Matrix threads end?

Neo kills Superman in the Matrix. Period.

Dark-Jaxx
No, he really doesn't.

In the Matrix Neo's top speed was around mach 3.4.

His strength was laughable compared to Superman.

That sword would have broken on Superman's skin.

You all say he is "God" in the Matrix, yet he was cut by a sword.

Even in the Matrix, Neo is still only a man.

Superman rips him to pieces.

Rogue Jedi
How would Neo's skin hold up to Supe's laser eye thingy?

Placidity
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

In the Matrix Neo's top speed was around mach 3.4.

Its actually unconfirmed what his speed is.

Dark-Jaxx
Its actually unconfirmed what his speed is. No it isn't, he flew 500 miles in about 15 minutes, which is roughly mach 3.4.

Placidity
Mate, read my opening post. I already gave the minimum speed of at least Mach 3.

That doesn't mean thats his top speed.

(Hmm, Kinda like how a hunter keeping up with same speed as its prey doesnt mean its the hunter's top speed, if ya know what I mean.)

Besides, he has feats that definately top that speed. Read first post please.

Dark-Jaxx
Mate, read my opening post. I already gave the minimum speed of at least Mach 3.

That doesn't mean thats his top speed.

(Hmm, Kinda like how a hunter keeping up with same speed as its prey doesnt mean its the hunter's top speed, if ya know what I mean.)

Besides, he has feats that definately top that speed. Read first post please. The only one that could possibly top it was the one when he saved them from the explosion, but it is not quantifiable.

Sonic booms? Well that is easily capable within mach 3 speeds.

And since we only have one quantifiable speed feat, that's all we can go by.

Placidity
The only one that could possibly top it was the one when he saved them from the explosion, but it is not quantifiable.

Why is it not quantifiable?

Sonic booms? Well that is easily capable within mach 3 speeds.

Not to the point where it causes vehicles to be flying in the air and causing signifcant damage to the buildings he flies pass.

Dark-Jaxx
Why is it not quantifiable?

Not to the point where it causes vehicles to be flying in the air and causing signifcant damage to the buildings he flies pass. 1. We can't place that within any form of measurement. We have no idea how fast he is going.

2. Possibly. I really don't know.

Placidity
1. We can't place that within any form of measurement. We have no idea how fast he is going.

Well, we can't. But it can be done.

Rogue Jedi

Dark-Jaxx
By feats, not well RJ.

Though regardless, Superman's speed feats trump Neo's.

Matter of fact, if I remember right, Superman showed he could be in multiple places in the world at once.

Placidity

Though regardless, Superman's speed feats trump Neo's.

Agreed

Matter of fact, if I remember right, Superman showed he could be in multiple places in the world at once.

Well, thats how people perceived it because he moved so fast. He wasn't literally at two places at once though.

Scythe
I think people aren't considering this:

Why would Superman be out of the Matrix? He's just a blue pill, after all.

Also, as said, the subway station was neither in the Matrix nor the Real so it's irrelevant.

Considering that Neo can rewrite the very code of the Matrix itself, there's no way he couldn't win.

There we go, that being said Neo could win over Supes.

Gideon
For the record, Neo wasn't "all powerful" within the Matrix. Not in a combat scenario, anyway, since Agent Smith beat his ass. Smith > Neo.

Scythe
Originally posted by Gideon
For the record, Neo wasn't "all powerful" within the Matrix. Not in a combat scenario, anyway, since Agent Smith beat his ass. Smith > Neo.

For the record, the movies were about his escalation to god-like status, he' bound to get his ass kicked somewhere along the way, it was made to be a movie and entertain by showing some sort of peril.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Scythe

There we go, that being said Neo could win over Supes. But here is the thing.

Not every blue pill is the same physically, right?

Even they have certain physical advantages over one another. So Superman would simply be physically very powerful for a blue pill.

He won't rewrite shit before Superman rips him in half.

In the movies, Neo has never displayed these Nigh Omnipotent reality warping powers people seem to think he has.

Placidity
If Neo is "god", why do we even see him in fight scenes? Why does he even need to fight if he can control the "code"...?

Raoul

There we go, that being said Neo could win over Supes.

thats assuming the matrix could deal with a kryptonian mind...

it wouldnt.

Gideon
For the record, the movies were about his escalation to god-like status, he' bound to get his ass kicked somewhere along the way, it was made to be a movie and entertain by showing some sort of peril.

For the record, that shitstain of an argument basically amounts to LOLZ HE ONLY GOT HIS ASS KICKED DUE TO DEMANDS OF TEH PLOT, which is utterly irrelevant. You don't get to dictate the purpose of the plot (i.e. Neo's apoethesis) and then blame his defeat in single combat at the hands of Agent Smith on how "it was made to be a movie and entertain by showing some sort of peril" and then expect any of us to actually shrug it off with an "Oh, okay, I guess he is all powerful."

So while I appreciate the revisionist history and apologistic attitude, the fact remains that Agent Smith overcame Neo in single combat and Neo's victory only came through sacrifice; that's like saying Anakin Skywalker is "all powerful" since he vanquished Palpatine, even though the Emperor would have owned his ass in a fight.

In the context of a fight, even within the Matrix, Neo is not all powerful. The end.

Scythe
So according to you guys who don't think Neo is a god, how does the trilogy end? Towards the very end, it's symoblized that he's done with his journey, is it not? He becomes a god within the Matrix.

Gideon
So according to you guys who don't think Neo is a god, how does the trilogy end? Towards the very end, it's symoblized that he's done with his journey, is it not? He becomes a god within the Matrix.

Perhaps after Smith is destroyed, but before that, during the actual movie? No. He is not all powerful, he is not a god. Smith is more powerful than him.

Scythe
Originally posted by Gideon
Perhaps after Smith is destroyed, but before that, during the actual movie? No. He is not all powerful, he is not a god. Smith is more powerful than him.

Yeah, during the actual movie he's not a god, it's clear as day, however the trilogy's end depicted a different Neo. It wouldn't be fair to only use Neo that was shown through the middle of the movies against Superman's entire movie.

Raoul

neo only became a god through self sacrifice, imo, combat wise, smith was always that bit better...

wait, is this movie superman?

Scythe
Originally posted by Raoul
neo only became a god through self sacrifice, imo, combat wise, smith was always that bit better...

wait, is this movie superman?

I thought it followed closely with the bible so it would make sense if he achieved his god status through sacrifice.

Well it's Movie Vs. forum so I'd assume it's movie Superman. Comics and other literature wouldn't exectly fit in imo.

Dark-Jaxx
Neo became a God eh? God is just a title which means shit in a vs. forum. And he has no feats as a "God", so it is irrevelant.

Raoul
I thought it followed closely with the bible so it would make sense if he achieved his god status through sacrifice.

Well it's Movie Vs. forum so I'd assume it's movie Superman. Comics and other literature wouldn't exectly fit in imo.

but neo didnt become that god until smith turned him, etc... which meant he was still vulnerable, which smith exploited...

movie superman is kind of crap anyways...

Quiero Mota
I have no idea why so many people worship The Matrix. Keanu Reeves is such a terrible and wooden actor. He literally sounds like he's reading all his lines off a teleprompter in every single movie he's ever been in.

Placidity
Definately agree, Reeves is a pretty bad actor.

Man, watching him act in Dracula was painful.

Quiero Mota
Definately agree, Reeves is a pretty bad actor.

Man, watching him act in Dracula was painful.

I thought Bram Stoker's Dracula was a damn good movie. Not only was the novel it was based on great, Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins and Francis Ford Coppola in the chair made that movie. Even in the book, Jonathan Harker (Reeves) wasn't very important. His only purpose was to let Dracula know that his wife was reincarnated. Once he did that, he was cast aside. Smart casting.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I thought Bram Stoker's Dracula was a damn good movie. Not only was the novel it was based on great, Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins and Francis Ford Coppola in the chair made that movie. Even in the book, Jonathan Harker (Reeves) wasn't very important. His only purpose was to let Dracula know that his wife was reincarnated. Once he did that, he was cast aside. Smart casting. Good flick thumb up Gary Oldman was AWESOME in it.

Scythe
Originally posted by Raoul
but neo didnt become that god until smith turned him, etc... which meant he was still vulnerable, which smith exploited...

movie superman is kind of crap anyways...

Yeah, pretty much, but it's fair to say we're using Neo from the entire trilogy from beginning to end, meaning his conclusion of become a god within the Matrix would follow closely.

We'de be using movie Superman from beginning to end as well.

Dark-Jaxx
But when he became God within the Matrix apparently, he did nothing. At all.

Blax_Hydralisk
That's not true!

He died. ermm

Scythe
But when he became God within the Matrix apparently, he did nothing. At all.

Cuz the movie ended.

Impediment
Yep. The movie faded to black.

Dark-Jaxx
Cuz the movie ended. So we must assume Neo now has super uber reality warping powers that will pwnzor Superman for the winzor.

Oh wait, I forgot, he already had those powers right? haermm

Scythe
So we must assume Neo now has super uber reality warping powers that will pwnzor Superman for the winzor.

Oh wait, I forgot, he already had those powers right? haermm

Course not, he obtained all that toward the end with his awesome wooden acting, haha.

Dark-Jaxx
Seriously though, Neo is one of the most overrated characters.

People assume he can warp the MAtrix to the point of creationism, when all he has shown was mach 3.4 flight, stopping bullets, enhanced speed and strength, and enhanced durability.

Scythe

People assume he can warp the MAtrix to the point of creationism, when all he has shown was mach 3.4 flight, stopping bullets, enhanced speed and strength, and enhanced durability.

I guess, he is overrated, but I usualy take what becomes of a character during their entire peril. Sorta like the first animated Transformers movie, if someone uses Optimus from that film, he f*ckin' died, haha. Just no, hahaha.

Blax_Hydralisk

It's okay. AC will wander in here and make you a believer. no expression

haermm

Dark-Jaxx
I guess, he is overrated, but I usualy take what becomes of a character during their entire peril. Sorta like the first animated Transformers movie, if someone uses Optimus from that film, he f*ckin' died, haha. Just no, hahaha. Well I use what is generally depicted. And we have no idea what powers Neo has after he died.

Scythe
Well I use what is generally depicted. And we have no idea what powers Neo has after he died.

Yeah, guess they left it open to one's imagination, which makes alot of things unclear.

Dark-Jaxx
Harley Quinn is hot btw. Fo rell.

Scythe
Harley Quinn is hot btw. Fo rell.

I know right? Skin tight clown costumes on hot chicks ftw!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.