Wonder Woman vs Absorbing Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Fight in NYC.

fangirl101
I can see her getting the drop on him before he touches anything.

I can see him touching her lasso and owning her or her being able to command him.

I can see him touching her bracers and beating her senseless.

I can see her using the lasso and commanding him to turn human and then knocking him out.

I can see him turning into sharp metal or something and using his unreal strength to pierce her skin.

I'm going with 7/10 wondy due to superior Speed, Skill, and the lasso.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by fangirl101
I can see her getting the drop on him before he touches anything.
Is she going to get the drop on him, and hit him with nothing?

OneDumbG0
I can get behind that. Those 3/10 wins probably involve absorbing her bracelet's properties. Fact is, Absorbing Man does this in pretty much every single fight he's ever been in. Although it'd be pretty interesting to speculate what would happen if Absorbing Man absorbed the Lasso's properties. Oh my! My theory is he'd get overwhelmed by the truth of his own character and start sobbing for bein such a loser. Wuss.

Wonder Woman 7/10.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Is she going to get the drop on him, and hit him with nothing? She would hit him with her fist. Has he ever transformed from a punch to the dome?

Mr. Slippyfist
She would hit him with her fist. Has he ever transformed from a punch to the dome? So... she hits him before he touches anything by hitting him with her fist?

Is this one of those 'Women don't matter' things?

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh, and yes, he has transformed by punches before... and there's times he hasn't.

He's a shitty written character, but he can/has done it.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist Oh, and yes, he has transformed by punches before... and there's times he hasn't.He's a shitty written character, but he can/has done it. I like the character very much. He has potential to be a great villian. And not just a thor one, but like a team buster type. too bad someone doesn't steal his body like the red skull and obliterate his mind. I wonder if he tried to absorb her would he turn to clay since he wouldn't have her enchated soul.

OneDumbG0
I don't think Absorbing Man's transformed into another person's immortal flesh... I may be mistaken? I know he's absorbed energy blast properties instantly and even Cap's shield. But another person's own flesh properties? I dunno... As far as I know, a pimp slap would work as long as he's human or brittle enough.
I wonder if he tried to absorb her would he turn to clay since he wouldn't have her enchated soul. Oh snap. Good call.

Mr. Slippyfist
He's replicated Hulk's strength, Thor's... etc. He's just too stupid to be able to control his powers.

I like the character very much. He has potential to be a great villian. And not just a thor one, but like a team buster type. too bad someone doesn't steal his body like the red skull and obliterate his mind. I wonder if he tried to absorb her would he turn to clay since he wouldn't have her enchated soul. He's OK... he's just badly written.

No, he'd most likely turn into her with half a brain. He's able to replicate Mjolnir with all of it's Godly enchantments.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
He's replicated Hulk's strength, Thor's... etc. He's just too stupid to be able to control his powers.

He's OK... he's just badly written.

No, he'd most likely turn into her with half a brain. He's able to replicate Mjolnir with all of it's Godly enchantments.

IF and that is a big IF, he could turn into her, He'd get a brain. Part of her actual powers is smarts given to her by Athena.

Endrict Nuul
Wonder Woman 6/10

Mr. Slippyfist
IF and that is a big IF, he could turn into her, He'd get a brain. Part of her actual powers is smarts given to her by Athena. AM's brain remains a constant in comics, so I doubt it.

OneDumbG0
Good point. Yeah. Other than alternate 'Earth X,' where he absorbed Ultron's AI intelligence, he be dumb as a doorknob in every fight I've seen him in 616 universe. And I'm pretty sure he's never absorbed the strength of another person. Only materials and energy. Could be wrong.

Soljer
Didn't he once absorb Captain America's skill?

h1a8
What if she fights out of character and punches a hole in his face?
I don't think even WW is coming back from that one.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Soljer
Didn't he once absorb Captain America's skill? Zuh?
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think even WW is coming back from that one. Wuzzuh?

Starscream M
Didn't he once absorb Captain America's skill? if he can absorb someone's skill, then what can't he absorb?

Endrict Nuul
Even though Wiki is not a good source of info....

Creel's overall power increases in direct proportion to the strength of the material absorbed. There appears to be no limit to what Creel can absorb, as he has absorbed the properties of bronze; cocaine; Odin's Cosmic Bolt and later cyclonic storm; diamond; glass; light; rock, silk and soil; spikes; steel; Thor's Uru hammer Mjolnir; water; and even the properties of Asgard itself.

Creel can also now merge properties, and recently combined the attributes of the heroine She-Hulk and a tiger shark.

Creel's power also has drawbacks, as absorbing some materials is detrimental. His first attempt at absorbing water cost Creel his sanity when he drifted apart, and when in diamond form the hero Daredevil was able to use his radar sense to precisely target the flaws in Creel's diamond form and defeat him. Creel's great weakness is that he is something of a thug and not a thinker. Several heroes have used this weakness to outsmart him.

Mr. Slippyfist
Didn't he once absorb Captain America's skill? Probably.
I think I remember him replicating someone's agility or something as well.

He's still always retarded... you'd think the guy would permanently steal someone's intelligence.

In comics, I doubt they'd give him intelligence had it been part of their actual powerset.

Not saying he couldn't though. Theoretically he can do anything...

Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think even WW is coming back from that one. ...

OneDumbG0
Hey... I just found this when looking for Soljer's reference:
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Absorbing_Man

"At some point, Creel was imprisoned in a maximum-security penitentiary. He had also somehow developed a new aspect of his powers, allowing him to take over the mind of another. He used this ability to take control of the Hulk and make an escape. In the battle that followed, the Absorbing Man defeated the Hulk but was tricked into trying to take over the mind of a corpse. His real body withered and died."

Hulk #55-59. He can take over a person's body now? Gimme a break. Still, he was apparently tricked into taking over a corpse... Dummy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.