Iron Man vs Incredible Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
Just thought this was a timely discussion.

Robtard
Originally posted by willofthewisp

It's probably been done in the comic book thread, either way, Hulk wins.

In the Ultimates, the Hulk took down Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Giant Man, Wasp and a few others (I think) in a brawl. I'm fairly certain this wasn't the first time Hulk fought Iron Man either.

Impediment
Originally posted by willofthewisp

No, it isn't.

Hulk would kill Iron Man. Period.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Robtard

In the Ultimates, the Hulk took down Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Giant Man, Wasp and a few others (I think) in a brawl. I'm fairly certain this wasn't the first time Hulk fought Iron Man either. hes referring to the movie versions of the characters

Alpha Centauri
Hulk still wins.

Iron Man doesn't have, and never has had, the capacity to beat The Hulk.

-AC

Robtard
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
hes referring to the movie versions of the characters

Okay, Iron Man didn't do anything special/powerful in the movies that he hasn't shown in the comics. Hulk wins, even Ang Lee's version which some will argue was weaker is still more than powerful enough to grab Iron Man and rip him in half.

Impediment
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hulk still wins.

Iron Man doesn't have, and never has had, the capacity to beat The Hulk.

-AC

Agreed to the tenth power.

Strangelove
The Hulk is almost literally invincible. I like Iron Man a lot, but I can't see him winning.

WrathfulDwarf
Gawd! I would love to see Hulk try to fly and capture Iron Man....

...Oh wait, he can jump! Silly men. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Suggesting that Iron Man would fly around with Hulk chasing him, and failing to catch him, is silly. Then it's a stalemate, it's not even a fight.

The question was: who would win in a fight?

The answer is: The Hulk.

In all previous fights, Iron Man has shown that he is never shy to actually fight Hulk, and Hulk has shown he doesn't give a shit, and always wins.

People who say "But he'd have to catch him first." with regards to how someone could handle a fight, are silly. That's not a fight. In fact, it only proves that the other person is the obvious winner in a fight.

It's like saying who would win in a fight, you or Mike Tyson, then saying it'd be a draw cos he'd have to catch you.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Oh right, Iron Man has to come down and re-fuel his suit to fly again.

And Hulk stays angry forever....because angrier Hulk is unstoppable.

Alpha Centauri
All I see is: "Don't mind me, I'm bitter.".

But that's ok, it happens.

As I said, it's not a fight then is it? "Iron Man would fly around until Hulk stopped being Hulk, then killed him.". Then it's not Iron Man Vs Hulk is it? It's Iron Man being a pussy because he cannot, factually, beat Hulk, at all.

Any time it has been Iron Man FIGHTING Hulk, Hulk has won. What is the complex part of this that you're grappling with?

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
And all I see is: "No friggin way, I'm letting him have his opinion without imposing mine!"

It's okay, we're aware of it...

Iron Man stays in the air and prepares an air assult. Hulks can either jump or throw things at him....

..who wins? who knows....oh, HULK STAYS ANGRY! GRR!

Alpha Centauri
Why be such a baby, all the time? Honestly?

Such a grudge against Hulk, too.

Iron Man couldn't beat him from distance, he couldn't beat him up close...he couldn't beat him. So what are we to say? Stalemate? No, because it's stupid. Iron Man is simply not enough.

You don't read the comics or know about Hulk, so I wouldn't expect you to know or have seen their fights.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Why be such a baby, all the time? Honestly?

Such a grudge against Hulk, too.

-AC

Well why do you come at me most of the time? Wasn't even giving you attention. You're the one coming here and then editing your posts. Came here and gave my opinion. You come here and go straight for me. Who is the holding grudges? YOU

What's the beef?

Alpha Centauri
Shh, it's ok.

So, anyone actually read the fights between these two/know about comic want to comment?

-AC

Victor Von Doom

In the Ultimates, the Hulk took down Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Giant Man, Wasp and a few others (I think) in a brawl. I'm fairly certain this wasn't the first time Hulk fought Iron Man either.

That was all...but it didn't include Wasp. She was the one that stopped him.

Hulk would win.

Alpha Centauri
These heroes actually acknowledge that they are no match for Hulk, too.

Not sure why people online think they can disagree.

-AC

Robtard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Oh right, Iron Man has to come down and re-fuel his suit to fly again.

And Hulk stays angry forever....because angrier Hulk is unstoppable.

I'm curious, how do you think Hulk could lose in an Iron Man vs. Hulk fight?

I'm no expert, but what weapon and/or ability does Iron Man have that could kill or stop the Hulk?

As pointed out, Iron Man simply blasting from a distance while airborne isn't a fight or a draw. Iron Man still can't kill Hulk and Hulk if given the chance to hit Iron Man would either destroy him or do enough damage to severely impair him. It's really a one-sided, Hulk trying to crush Iron Man while Iron Man tries to survive as long as he can.

Strangelove
Iron Man's only chance is to calm Hulk down and then kill Bruce dance

Alpha Centauri
Which isn't really Iron Man Vs The Hulk, is it?

It has never worked before.

-AC

superchron
In a straight up fight, Hulk beats Iron Man, but if IM has time to prepare, he can definitely win. Like building the Hulkbuster armor.

Robtard
Originally posted by superchron
In a straight up fight, Hulk beats Iron Man, but if IM has time to prepare, he can definitely win. Like building the Hulkbuster armor.

Has the "Hulkbuster armor" ever taken Hulk out?

superchron
I don't think so, but it allows Stark to fight on equal footing though

Robtard
I don't think so, but it allows Stark to fight on equal footing though

Then I'm not sure how Iron Man can "definately win" then. Sure he'll last longer, but in the end, Hulk still wins.

Alpha Centauri
Funniest comment ever.

"Given time to prepare, he'd definitely win, like with the Hulkbuster armour.", "Has it ever beaten Hulk?", "I don't think so.".

He's had many version of Hulkbuster armours, none of them have shown capable of threatening Hulk, even the most powerful one, which Iron Man himself was afraid of using. It's never made him equal to Hulk, ever.

Iron Man wouldn't ever win, end.

Fact is, I think Iron Man is badass for never backing down despite ALWAYS knowing he'll lose. It's really quite great, it's one of the reasons I like him. He just doesn't win. People stronger than Iron Man have fallen to Hulk.

-AC

superchron
I meant, with enough time to prepare, IM can definitely beat Hulk.

Alpha Centauri
He couldn't, ever. Everything that has ever happened has suggested otherwise.

How are you even suggesting that? What is he going to come up with? He has admitted he can't beat Hulk. He has HAD time to prepare before, hence why he went AWAY, prepared, came back with Hulkbuster armour and got treated like a sardine can. If he can't beat him in the comics, as an experienced superhero, he's not going to beat him as a learner in the movies, is he? Hulk was strolling along using tanks as olympic hammers, how is Iron Man, who struggled with Iron Monger, going to beat him?

If people smarter and stronger than Iron Man are at a loss on how to "beat" Hulk, how do you suppose Iron Man will?

This is genuinely tweaking my curiousity now.

What's this obsession with preptime that geeks have? "With enough time...", with enough time what? He'd still lose.

-AC

superchron
Originally posted by Marcus4600
http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/2826/vshulk1b3sq.jpg http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/8823/vshulk1c1tn.jpg http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9280/vshulk1d9he.jpg http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/7313/vshulk1e6yd.jpg http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/5927/vshulk1f0qc.jpg http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/7943/vshulk1g8vh.jpg http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6175/vshulk1h1ee.jpg http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/733/vshulk1i2aj.jpg http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/1218/vshulk1j6qt.jpg

Robtard
What I always find funny when a 'Batman vs *uber character*' comes up, it's always:

Batman fanboy: Batman can win with prep time.
Other guy: What could he do in this instance to beat *uber character*?
Batman fanboy: He'd find a way.
Other guy: Can you name a way?
Batman fanboy: Batman always wins.

superchron
What I always find funny when a 'Batman vs *uber character*' comes up, it's always:

Batman fanboy: Batman always wins.

I completely agree with you there. There is really no real reason why Batman can beat Superman(and hasn't ever really in current continuity) There's really nothing stopping supes from chucking Wayne Manor into space before Batman can form a coherent thought

Robtard

Seems like a draw to me, Hulk is knocked out (which doesn't make any sense, since he's taken far harder hits) and Iron Man is out of commission.

superchron
I also believe, Ultimate Iron Man recently beat the Hulk by using nanites or something to turn him back into bruce

Robtard
I also believe, Ultimate Iron Man recently beat the Hulk by using nanites or something to turn him back into bruce

That's not really a win in a Vs. fight, I don't think. It's similar to Iron Man flying off and waiting for the Hulk to turn into Banner and then arbitrarily calling a victory.

If that is allowed as a "win", then Betty Ross can beat the Hulk in a fight, as she has to do is look calmly at him and let him transform back into Banner.

Alpha Centauri
I own that comic.

Hulk was already weakened, then he was stunned by the explosion HE caused and Iron Man landed some good punches. It wasn't what the panels make it out to be, and Hulk got up literally seconds later. It's also Mindless Hulk, he doesn't really retain any of Banner's intelligence like usual, so he's not as skilled of a fighter either.

Furthermore, note what Iron Man says:

"I've almost died trying to beat Hulk in the past and I've never succeeded.". He has fought Hulk many times BEFORE that fight and many times AFTER, he's never won them.

He knows Hulk is stronger, he knows Hulk is more powerful.

Only recently he used the strongest Hulkbuster armour available and still lost.

-AC

Robtard
Curious as to what happened in the next panel, as the Iron Man suit isn't functioning?

superchron
That's not really a win in a Vs. fight, I don't think. It's similar to Iron Man flying off and waiting for the Hulk to turn into Banner and then arbitrarily calling a victory.

If that is allowed as a "win", then Betty Ross can beat the Hulk in a fight, as she has to do is look calmly at him and let him transform back into Banner.

It's considered a win since IM forcibly changed Hulk back

Alpha Centauri
Why is that? Because he couldn't beat the Hulk.

Wasp flew inside Hulk's ear and put him unconscious. Poorly written or not, possibly a win, but it doesn't mean she can beat him in a FIGHT.

http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/hulksmashes/hulk316-3.jpg
http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/hulksmashes/hulk322-5.jpg

Then you consider the fact that Hulk beat him AND the Avengers recently, despite Iron Man having stronger Hulkbuster armour.

Hulk has beaten Abomination in a fist fight every time they've met, and you're going to suggest he can beat the Hulk in a fight? The best he has EVER done is knock the Hulk out, for a bit, as seen above. He then fell into unconsciousness because he couldn't take it, so it's not really a win. He fought to a stalemate with Sentry, the man that EVERY Earth hero (Including Iron Man) was relying on to beat him.

He can't beat him, he's never beaten the Hulk.

Iron Man is stronger and more powerful than EVER right now, and he still hasn't beaten him.

Though this is all irrelevant, since we're discussing Movie Iron Man Vs Movie Hulk, right? Well, movie Hulk would win. Movie Iron Man couldn't beat Iron Monger, really. Hulk would have.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
I'm curious, how do you think Hulk could lose in an Iron Man vs. Hulk fight?

I'm no expert, but what weapon and/or ability does Iron Man have that could kill or stop the Hulk?

As pointed out, Iron Man simply blasting from a distance while airborne isn't a fight or a draw. Iron Man still can't kill Hulk and Hulk if given the chance to hit Iron Man would either destroy him or do enough damage to severely impair him. It's really a one-sided, Hulk trying to crush Iron Man while Iron Man tries to survive as long as he can.

Airborne attacks are Iron Man's best strategy. What we need to know here is how tough is Iron Man's suit in the movie. In the comics his suit can be at times as hard as Adamentium.

Alpha Centauri
Precisely, it's his best strategy, but it couldn't do a damn thing. Why is it his best strategy? Cos he's far from Hulk. Why is that the best? Because if he wasn't far from Hulk he's be under Hulk's foot, as we've seen all the time, especially recently, and above in his Silver Centurion armour (One of his most powerful armours).

Adamantium hasn't proven too much of a trouble for Hulk in the past, but this isn't about the comics.

For the record, his armour has never been as hard as adamantium. He created an armour that was laced with it, but he didn't really use it himself, it just controlled it. Pure adamantium is stronger. Iron Man has never had an armour that strong.

He specified in the movie that his suit is a titanium alloy. That's tooth floss to Hulk. If F-22 Raptor bullets can pick apart bits of the armour, Hulk will treat it like a can of tuna.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Oh well...it's the Hulk...

Strangelove

Batman fanboy: Batman always wins. Batman certainly wouldn't win against Hulk, but when he was in the Justice League, he developed countermeasures to defeat his comrades in case they ever turned on humanity. Batman's pretty crafty.

Yeah, I'm kind of a fanboy.

Alpha Centauri
Prep time is an illusion.

"With prep time...". Prep time might be decent if you're Batman strategising a fight against Captain America.

There's not much you can do when a 10 foot tall green mountain of limitless strength is aiming to kill you, unless you are one of the very higher ups.

-AC

Strangelove
Already addressed that: Originally posted by Strangelove
Batman certainly wouldn't win against Hulk

Alpha Centauri
I was speaking in general.

People mistake prep time as "They'd definitely come up with a way to win.", and not "Just more time to prepare for a fight they'd inevitably lose.".

Unless you're Dr. Doom, who somehow managed to outsmart Galactus and The Beyonder.

-AC

Strangelove
Gotcha.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Strangelove
Batman certainly wouldn't win against Hulk

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/batkickhuc2.png

HIIIYOOOOOO!!!!! stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
What is it with fanboys and resorting to non-canon material? Nice try, but using the Hulk Vs Batman DC/Marvel crossover isn't a good idea. They're non-canon. Those crossovers are not part of true continuity, they also contain very shitty writing.

Like a kick to the stomach could ever take down a man who has been reduced to charred muscle and regenerated.

Man, I could have sworn you were meant to have comics knowledge.

If that fight was eligible for mention, then so is this, from the same series of crossovers:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2349/supesvshulk22bz.jpg

He is winded by Batman, yet stronger than Superman.

Now you see why non-canon material is ridiculous. Not to say Hulk isn't as strong as Superman, but that fight was notoriously shit from both Hulk and Superman's writers. As was the Batman/Hulk one.

-AC

Robtard
The majority of the DC vs Marvel fights were retarded. They threw out objectivity and disregarded what the characters are/aren't able to do in favor of "what the fans want to see".

Alpha Centauri
They were appeasement comics.

Venom held his own against Superman in one of those issues. However, I suppose Hulk just has a shitload of bitter haters.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, how incorrect can people be?

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v44/guyverjay/supes_hulk_4.jpg

HULK GETS ANGRY!!!!

Uh-huh...see what happens when Superman loses his patience everyone?

Alpha Centauri
Who wants to hear the biggest nugget of irony here?

Mr. Anti-Fanboy WrathfulDwarf is using comics written to PLEASE fanboys as proof of why someone would win a fight, who isn't even involved in this thread. Previously, he has lashed out at modern Hulk "writers", accusing them of doing things for the fans. Apparently, if it's done for Superman, it's ok.

With that, I let the chuckling begin. He doesn't know about comics, though, go easy on him.

-AC

Robtard
There was more than one fight, I also believe Hulk won one of them.

Alpha Centauri
The other comedic thing is, what a poser.

Sits there Googling these things because he blatantly has never read those comics or knows the circumstance of their existence. Pictures = Fact to this person.

W.D. the fanboy, who'd have thought it. FanboyDwarf, that's how I'll address you now; F.D.

-AC

Impediment
Let's put aside the name-calling, AC, m'kay?

Alpha Centauri
It's not name calling.

He has called me a fanboy before, I'm calling him a fanboy. There are witnesses in this thread. What's the big deal? If he can dish it out, he can surely take it.

-AC

Robtard
I Wiki'd: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_vs_DC

There were 11 matches: 6 pre-written and 5 based on fan votes.

In the pre-written battles:

Aquaman defeats Namor the Sub-Mariner
Elektra defeats Catwoman
Flash defeats Quicksilver
Robin defeats Jubilee
Silver Surfer defeats Green Lantern
Thor defeats Captain Marvel

In the fan-vote battles: (aka fanboys decided)

Batman defeats Captain America
Spider-Man (Ben Reilly) defeats Superboy
Storm defeats Wonder Woman
Superman defeats Hulk
Wolverine defeats Lobo

-

Still though, I distincly recall Hulk beating Superman in at least one of the fights, not sure if it was a fan-vote or writer decision.

Impediment
It's not name calling.

He has called me a fanboy before, I'm calling him a fanboy. There are witnesses in this thread. What's the big deal? If he can dish it out, he can surely take it.

-AC

M'kay. I was just making sure.

Man, I really need to get into these discussions, but I am too ****ing tired to rack my brain for sensible posts right now.

Alpha Centauri
The scans W.D. just posted are from DC Vs Marvel #4, came out in 1995...or '96 I believe.

Storm would never beat Wonder Woman, fans just wanted to see it.

They were appeasement comics. He wouldn't know this, cos he's never read them. Superman beat Hulk because the writers wrote it for the fans, something he has distinctly said he disagrees with.

So he either has to retract his post or be labelled a hypocrite. This'll be fun. Anyway, this is a bit much to derail a thread with just because a mod has a grudge against Hulk.

-AC

Impediment
Lobo would have skewered Wolverine. yes

Alpha Centauri
Exactly, fan-voted/writer decided with continuity not in mind.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Here was the other one you mention Robtard.

http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk6b.jpg

http://www.supermantv.net/comics/hulksuperman/hulk7.jpg

But I will apologize right now. This is irrelevant to the topic. My first scan was done as joke for Strangelove. It was meant to humor him.

Unfortunally, someone took it differently.

I will take my leave now.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

Of course, but Wolverine happens to have one of the biggest followings as is an irrational fanboy favorite.

Alpha Centauri
That was from another appeasment comic crossover.

Honestly, stop just posting pics that look like they help without knowing the context.

-AC

Robtard
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Here was the other one you mention Robtard.

But I will apologize right now. This is irrelevant to the topic. My first scan was done as joke for Strangelove. It was meant to humor him.

Unfortunally, someone took it differently.

I will take my leave now.

I don't think it was that one either, I do remember Hulk pounding and beating on Superman. It was years ago though.

Either way, these crossovers don't truly reflect an objective view of the character's abilities.

Solomon Grundy has tossed Superman about in one or more of his incarnations, yet Solomon Grundy hasn't shown the physical feats that Hulk has. Yet Hulk can't even budge him?

superchron
I believe Grundy's powers are also magic oriented

Robtard
Yes, but his punches aren't magical. He simply has been able to outpower Superman physically at times.

WrathfulDwarf
Beat me to it superchron. Which is why Captain Marvel punches affect Superman. Most mystics in the DCU can affect Supes differently. But I will say it again. It's irrelevant to the topic. Lets just move on...

ragesRemorse
what about the hulkbuster armor? I know it was used only once (to my knowledge) but, it withstood the Hulks punishment. If he had time, im sure he could improve upon it.

Other than that, i can;t really think of a way that Iron man even has a chance.

Alpha Centauri
He's improved upon it twice.

First person who guesses what difference it made, wins.

(None).

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah, that one was by far the worst of all.

Still, I liked the comics and the amalgam that followed.

MightyEInherjar
If this is both the movie versions of Iron Man and the new Hulk, Hulk is taking this at least 8/10.

He seemed a little weaker in this one, but he was faster, more durable, showed a wide range of abilities, and fought brutally.

Alpha Centauri
He seemed weaker while he was beating Abomination, a stronger enemy than any in the first?

I'm not entirely sure that makes sense. Especially since there's a part where he uses a Hummer as a baseball bat, essentially.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
I think he was perhaps referring to the fact that the Hulk was using tanks as baseball bats as opposed to hummers in the first one.

hm... gives me an idea though.

bakerboy
Hey, centauri. Your posts are so false as ever. Did you read this comic?:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4787289

I love when people post false things like, " iron man never did beat the hulk in any comic ". hahahaha. Iron man did beat Hulk a lot of times, and viceversa. They had found tons of times, and sometimes iron man wins and sometimes hulk wins. i guess that those false posts are only sufferings wishes from the mind of a hulk fanboy.

Bardock42
Originally posted by bakerboy
Hey, centauri. Your posts are so false as ever. Did you read this comic?:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4787289

I love when people post false things like, " iron man never did beat the hulk in any comic ". hahahaha. Iron man did beat Hulk a lot of times, and viceversa. They had found tons of times, and sometimes iron man wins and sometimes hulk wins. i guess that those false posts are only sufferings wishes from the mind of a hulk fanboy. This has been covered by him earlier.

bakerboy
Excuses, in this comic iron man did beat the hulk. I dont mind the developing of the battle, at the end, iron man won. As he did some times more against the hulk.

Bardock42
Excuses, in this comic iron man did beat the hulk. I dont mind the developing of the battle, at the end, iron man won. As he did some times more against the hulk.

He did? Well, if he did win more times, you can just accept AC's counters for this one and show us some more scans of those other battles you talk about. Kay?

Waiting.

bakerboy
Here are:

http://www.amazingco.com/amazingco.com/comics/marvel/items/hulk131.jpg

And read all this thread, with pictures and all on iron man feats, beating the likes of thor, hulk, silver surfer, namor, etc:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t361854.html

In 45 years of marvel comics, iron man and hulk had fought a lot of times. Surely, the hulk is the most powerful and he has the most of the victories, but shellhead has his ones too. Is like with spiderman, even spidey has some victories against the hulk. So many battles between the characters.

For that reason, is just stupid to post that iron man or spiderman had never beat the hulk. We are talking about 45 years of marvel comics with hundred of battles between the characters .

Bardock42
Here are:

http://www.amazingco.com/amazingco.com/comics/marvel/items/hulk131.jpg

And read all this thread, with pictures and all on iron man feats, beating the likes of thor, hulk, silver surfer, namor, etc:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t361854.html

In 45 years of marvel comics, iron man and hulk had fought a lot of times. Surely, the hulk is the most powerful and he has the most of the victories, but shellhead has his ones too. Is like with spiderman, even spidey has some victories against the hulk. So many battles between the characters.

For that reason, is just stupid to post that iron man or spiderman had never beat the hulk. We are talking about 45 years of marvel comics with hundred of battles between the characters . So you have no other scans of Iron Man beating the Hulk?

bakerboy
Dude, did you read my last post? In that thread, there are a lof of scans of iron man beating a lot of people, not only the hulk.

Bardock42
Dude, did you read my last post? In that thread, there are a lof of scans of iron man beating a lot of people, not only the hulk. Got no time to read your respect thread. Can you just show me where Iron Man beats the shit out of Hulk (except for the one scan we saw already)

bakerboy
These ones for instance:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=361854&pagenumber=9

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=361854&pagenumber=4

Bardock42
These ones for instance:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=361854&pagenumber=9

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=361854&pagenumber=4
Heroes Reborn is not canon

bakerboy
But is iron man beating the hulk, not? What about the other one?

Bardock42
But is iron man beating the hulk, not? What about the other one?

Weren't they both from the same comic?

I only saw the ones from Heroes Reborn.

And I don't think that anyone is denying that a weaker version of Hulk could be beat by a stronger version of Iron Man. Just that the standard Marvel Iron Man with his usual equipment would lose to the standard Marvel Hulk.

Alpha Centauri
Heroes Reborn, as Bardock said, is not canonical.

The closest Iron Man has ever come was the page we've already seen, and that wasn't a win.

-AC

bakerboy
But that was iron man beating the hulk, not? So, yes, he did beat the hulk.

What i try to say is that in 45 years of comic book story, those characters have fought a lot of times. Some of them the hulk won(the most), some of them iron man won( the less).

But back on thread, i havent seen the new hulk movie, but talking about the movie versions of the iron man movie and the first hulk movie, i would say that hulk would win, but no easy because iron man is an army of one man and he can fly and shoot rays and bombs and all that stuff.

Robtard
If both opponents get knocked out, then that would be a draw.

Movie Iron Man couldn't really hurt the movie Hulk, just annoy him from a distance. Not much different in the comics.

bakerboy
And one thing is clear, each one try to use their weapons and powers at their best. I mean: what is the hulk stronger weapon? His strenght and durability. What is iron man's? his intelect, his fly, his repulsors rays, etc. So , Stark isnt an idiot to go in a fist fight against the hulk, he would use his tactics to win the battle. Same with spiderman, for instance, who also did beat the hulk sometimes.

bakerboy
Well, i think that the movie iron man is the same that in the comics, but the movie hulk, first one, is weaker than the one from the comics.

And i would say the iron man is more capable that only annoys hulk. He has the power of an enterely army and could beat an army. I mean, bombs, granades, several kinds of rays, etc. He could hurt the hulk . I would say that hulk would win at the end, but iron man would be pretty diffult to him.

Robtard
You're failing to grasp that Iron Man can barely harm the Hulk, let alone kill him. So flying around out of range while taking shots that for the most part only annoy the Hulk and make him stronger, faster and more durable isn't a win.

Tell me, how would Iron Man win? Flying around out of range is the smart thing to do, since a few hits from the Hulk would end it for Iron Man, but it isn't a win.

Edit: Actually, movie Iron Man's suit is far weaker than in the comics, the materials he's using in the movie are shit compared to his suit in the comics. Also of note, the 20mm rounds of the F-22 damaged the suit, Hulk can put out far more force than either a 20mm round or a tank shell.

It would only be diffult for Hulk to catch Iron Man, that's all it would be.

bakerboy
Dont underrate iron man's strength. lets see, remember than the movie hulk is weaker than the comics hulk. But iron man looked the same powerful or very close. Only remember what iron man did to the terrorist army and what the hulk did with the army. If iron man use all his weapons flying over the hulk, hulk will get serious trouble . Only chance to the hulk is to get very close to iron man and try to beat him with his strenght, but remember than iron man is very strong too and his armor is very durable.

bakerboy
Also remember than the movie hulk isnt as strong and durable as the one in the comics. And i would say that the second iron man suit in the movie was almost as durable as the one in the comics. When tony was making it, he said that it was titanium, so much stronger than the normal steel.

Also, iron man is very strong too. beasides all his weapons, he could use rocks, tanks, trees, cars, buses, trucks, etc to try to hurt the hulk.

Robtard
Who says? He showed to be capable enough. He took gun fire, grenades, RPGs and being slammed and tossed around by the Abomination yet kept coming back angrier and stronger. He threw fork lifts, giant metal cylinders, boulders, and the Abomination about.

The Hulk could tear through titanium like it were tinfoil.

Yes, he's strong, he isn't strong enough, all he could do in make Hulk angrier and stronger, which would only shorten his life expectancy.

Thing of note, what did Iron Man do in the movie that was so impressive strength-wise? Seems you're gimping Hulk to what you think he could/couldn't do in the movie while not holding Iron Man to that same level. Bias much?

Alpha Centauri
Wait, you think that throwing rocks and trees at the Hulk is going to do anything?

Here, I'm gonna push an idea; if you don't know about the Hulk, don't talk about the Hulk. Ok?

Nothing Iron Man could do in the movie versions would lead to a win. For everything you say Iron Man could use, Hulk could, plus everything else he has. "Iron Man could throw tanks and stuff.", so? Hulk can't?

His suit isn't as durable as the comics either, bits were flying off when the fighter jets shot at him. Hulk was taking grenades to the head at point blank range, as well as sonic guns and all that.

Stop saying "Iron Man is strong too.", why even entertain the idea of Iron Man Vs Hulk for strength? If he can't beat Hulk with mega powered Hulkbuster armour in the COMICS, why would he ever do it in the movie?

Nothing Iron Man could do would hurt him, you're not getting this.

But that was iron man beating the hulk, not? So, yes, he did beat the hulk.

What i try to say is that in 45 years of comic book story, those characters have fought a lot of times. Some of them the hulk won(the most), some of them iron man won( the less).

But back on thread, i havent seen the new hulk movie, but talking about the movie versions of the iron man movie and the first hulk movie, i would say that hulk would win, but no easy because iron man is an army of one man and he can fly and shoot rays and bombs and all that stuff.

Iron Man hasn't "won" any. The closest he ever came was the one in this thread. Heroes Reborn doesn't count.

He didn't beat the Hulk. If you cannot sustain yourself, it doesn't count as a win.

-AC

Bardock42
I changed my mind, I think Iron Man would win.

Alpha Centauri
Why?

-AC

Bardock42
Why?

-AC

Well, as we can clearly see he put him to sleep in that one comic where the Hulk doesn't look like the Hulk and Iron Man doesn't really look like Iron Man. Also, the suit is made out of titanium, DUH. And it is a well known fact that movie Hulk is much weaker, while movie Iron Man is basically the same....everyone knows that.

TITANIUM!

bakerboy
Dude, had you read all the iron man vs hulks battle in the comics in 45 years? I could say, yes , iron man did beat the hulk because i saw it. But you couldnt say, not iron man never did beat the hulk because you didnt read all the fights between them? I guess than the hulk won the most of the times because he is more powerful, but i can talk in exact terms as you are talking. But come on, even spiderman did beat the hulk.

I know a lot about the hulk because i have read tons of comic books with him and he is one of my favourite characters.

Also, im talking about the hulk movie version from the first movie because i havent seen the new one yet.

Now, iron man isnt as powerful as the one in the comics. Yes, but remember , we are talking here about the MOVIE VERSIONS, not the comics. And that hulk ,from the first movie, wasnt as powerful as the one from the comics. he lifted a great steal ball with a great suffering. The hulk dogs hurted him. He suffered with the bullets. He suffered against the army. This hulk ISNT as powerful or nearly as the one in the comics. And see what iron man did when his suit was at his best, he did beat that terrorist army, including the tank, very fastly. This iron man could hurt the hulk all the way. Beat him? i dont think so, but he could hurt him all the way.

Alpha Centauri
Oh, you're doing that thing.

-AC

bakerboy
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, as we can clearly see he put him to sleep in that one comic where the Hulk doesn't look like the Hulk and Iron Man doesn't really look like Iron Man. Also, the suit is made out of titanium, DUH. And it is a well known fact that movie Hulk is much weaker, while movie Iron Man is basically the same....everyone knows that.

TITANIUM!

dude, the movie hulk was hurt by steel bullets . Steel, not titanium.

Also, to lift that great steel ball wasnt easy for him. I mean,a 5 or 6 tons ball. That hulk is far from the 100 tons strenght or more of the comic version.

Titanium is a joke for the comics hulk. But isnt for the movie hulk.

Robtard
Dude, had you read all the iron man vs hulks battle in the comics in 45 years? I could say, yes , iron man did beat the hulk because i saw it. But you couldnt say, not iron man never did beat the hulk because you didnt read all the fights between them? I guess than the hulk won the most of the times because he is more powerful, but i can talk in exact terms as you are talking. But come on, even spiderman did beat the hulk.

I know a lot about the hulk because i have read tons of comic books with him and he is one of my favourite characters.

Also, im talking about the hulk movie version from the first movie because i havent seen the new one yet.

Now, iron man isnt as powerful as the one in the comics. Yes, but remember , we are talking here about the MOVIE VERSIONS, not the comics. And that hulk ,from the first movie, wasnt as powerful as the one from the comics. he lifted a great steal ball with a great suffering. The hulk dogs hurted him. He suffered with the bullets. He suffered against the army. This hulk ISNT as powerful or nearly as the one in the comics. And see what iron man did when his suit was at his best, he did beat that terrorist army, including the tank, very fastly.

Ang Lee's was basically as capable, nothing really hurt him too much, sure it did some damaged and bothered him, but he kept getting up as is a norm for Hulk.

The terrorist army was what? A few guys with AK-47s and an outdated Russian T-84 (or 80) tank? Yeah, what a fight that would have been for the Hulk to take on.

He also lifted several hundred tons of rock at the end, so I have no idea where you're going with "Ang-Hulk isn't strong".

Originally posted by bakerboy This iron man could hurt the hulk all the way. Beat him? i dont think so, but he could beat him all the way.

What?

bakerboy
I did mean hurt, no beat.

Hulk lifted several hundred of tons at the end? Dude, what are you talking about? He suffered lifting a 5 or 6 tons ball, how on hell could he lift hundred of tons at the end?

Dude, what iron man did with that tank was impressive. He destroyed totally that tank with only a missile. Imagine a lot of those missile against the hulk.

Robtard
Did you watch the movie? Because he did. When his father went into the rock, he lifted an enormous mass and tossed it.

They wouldn't do much.

Alpha Centauri
Why is Bakerboy avoiding the fact that Hulk was getting blasted with sonic guns, bullets to the FACE and grenades to the head in the space of a few minutes, then shrugging it off...splitting a hummer in two and destroying a helicopter which then crashed into him and did nothing?

Oh yeah, cos he's Bakerboy.

-AC

bakerboy
If i wouldnt see the movie, how on hell i would know about the ball, the hulk dogs and all that stuff?

But you are wrong, that rock hadnt a weight of hundred of tons. It was much less.

they wouldnt do much??? Normal bullets damaged him or at least bothered him a lot. One iron man's missile destroyed totally a tank. I would say that a lot of those missles, more repulsor rays more granades more bombs more sonics would do a lot against a creature that is damaged by bullets and stopped for a while by that foam that the army used on him.

Alpha Centauri
How do you know it didn't weight that much?

Prove normal bullets damaged him, because from what I remember, people were firing multiple machine guns at him and he was just blocking it, it was annoying, not hurting.

-AC

bakerboy
Why is Bakerboy avoiding the fact that Hulk was getting blasted with sonic guns, bullets to the FACE and grenades to the head in the space of a few minutes, then shrugging it off...splitting a hummer in two and destroying a helicopter which then crashed into him and did nothing?

Oh yeah, cos he's Bakerboy.

-AC

And what are you avoiding the fact that the movie hulk was damaged by bullets, was stopped by foam, was damaged by the hulk dogs and suffering lifting that ball???

But , anyways, i think that the first movie hulk was badly developed in strenght terms. I mean, he suffering lifting a ball and then liffted a tank like a toy??? What the hell was that.

By the way, a question, the second movie hulk was stronger or weaker than the first one???

bakerboy
How do you know it didn't weight that much?

Prove normal bullets damaged him, because from what I remember, people were firing multiple machine guns at him and he was just blocking it, it was annoying, not hurting.

-AC

He was clearly annoyed because the bullets were hurting him. If the bullets were a joke for him like in the comics, he even wouldnt bother to block try to block it and scape of it.

And what are you avoiding the foam issue and the ball issue???

And how do you know that those rocks were about hundred of tons?

MightyEInherjar
He was clearly annoyed because the bullets were hurting him. If the bullets were a joke for him like in the comics, he even wouldnt bother to block try to block it and scape of it.

The Hulk didn't bleed once from bullets, not even from the 50 Cal. He was never injured.

Of course he's going to try and block it. If six kids start spraying you in the face with water guns, you're going to put your hand up to block it. Pillows don't hurt, but do you sit there like a sack of shit and let yourself get hit in the face by it? Of course not.

bakerboy
For the comics version, the bullets arent even water guns for him.

Alpha Centauri
That's irrelevant.

If someone shoots water in my face, I put my hand up. It's not acid, but it's reflex.

And what are you avoiding the fact that the movie hulk was damaged by bullets, was stopped by foam, was damaged by the hulk dogs and suffering lifting that ball???

But , anyways, i think that the first movie hulk was badly developed in strenght terms. I mean, he suffering lifting a ball and then liffted a tank like a toy??? What the hell was that.

By the way, a question, the second movie hulk was stronger or weaker than the first one???

He wasn't damaged by bullets. The only time he got damaged was when the airstrike...cut his shoulder. He instantly healed.

The Hulk dogs didn't damage him in any lasting way either.

Why bring up "suffering" from lifting a ball, which was more because it was awkward than anything, then cite the fact that he swung a tank around? Obviously he's that strong.

Why don't you just leave the thread?

They weren't hurting him, they were bouncing off, it shows that, actually. You've decided, for some stupid reason, that they hurt him.

I'm not ignoring the ball issue or the foam issue, but the foam issue was just pathetic. It was clearly just there so that they could move along with that element of the plot. Besides, they fired a penetrative device at him right then and it bounced off.

Stop being stupid.

-AC

bakerboy
That's irrelevant.

If someone shoots water in my face, I put my hand up. It's not acid, but it's reflex.

He wasn't damaged by bullets. The only time he got damaged was when the airstrike...cut his shoulder. He instantly healed.

The Hulk dogs didn't damage him in any lasting way either.

Why bring up "suffering" from lifting a ball, which was more because it was awkward than anything, then cite the fact that he swung a tank around? Obviously he's that strong.

Why don't you just leave the thread?

They weren't hurting him, they were bouncing off, it shows that, actually. You've decided, for some stupid reason, that they hurt him.

I'm not ignoring the ball issue or the foam issue, but the foam issue was just pathetic. It was clearly just there so that they could move along with that element of the plot. Besides, they fired a penetrative device at him right then and it bounced off.

Stop being stupid.

-AC

Arent you capable on talking without insults? I mean, i think that you are only a fuking idiot, but im not saying that all the time. Its pretty obvious.

I will go where i want. If you dont like it, move away. But dont try to give me stupid orders like that. You arent anybody to give lessons or orders.

I will give you the bullets issue. The hulk dogs hurted him and give him a lot of troubles. He was pretty tired after that battle.

What i mean is his strenght in the movie was bad developed. Problems with a ball and foam and not with an helicopter and a tank? Bad writting i think. But what is pretty obvious is that he was very strong in the movie, but not as in the comics.

At the end of the day and the discussion, back on thread . Who would win, iron man from the movie or hulk from the first movie? I say hulk but not easy. End of story.

Alpha Centauri
I say Hulk, easy.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
Agreed...

I saw nothing from Iron Man that would hurt even movie Hulk. The only problem would be Iron Man's speed. Hulk's pretty much... never going to catch him. Ever. But he can't fly around/ fly away for ever.

Quincy
Isn't Hulk like, Invulnerable?

And didn't like, Iron Man get stuck under the hood of a car in Extremis?

Didn't Hulk Throw a car? And tear one in half?

His suit is made of Iron right? Of like a strong Metal?

....yeah I'm pretty sure the Hulk would snap that playboy in half.

Blax_Hydralisk
Well to be fair, Iron Man's suit is a lot stronger then iron, and he's pretty durable and fast.

But the weapons he has simply aren't strong enough to put Hulk down. So Hulk will this inevitably. Once he gets even a single hand on IM, it's over.

Quincy
Well said.

Alpha Centauri
Extremis doesn't matter, we're discussing movies primarily.

-AC

Quincy
Oh well then sonovabitch Hulk owns Iron man.

The Iron Monger almost killed Iron Man. The Hulk takes down tanks with his bare hands! And his skin was all but impervious to the weaponry of the military.

Robtard
Bakerboy, you're being incredibly dense.

The bullets never once damaged the Hulk, when he transform in the house and after he steps out, he gets shot, yet the bullets bounce off. He then gets pissed off some more, grows again, gets shot and they bounce off again. Not once did he bleed from a bullet.

As far as his strength level, that rock he tossed was huge, MANY times his size. It is a guess how much it weighed, but rock that size isn't light.

He did toss a 67 ton tank well over a mile, imagine the strength required to pick up that much weight let alone toss it a mile. Ang-Hulk showed the potential to be every bit as strong.

This movie-fight would not be much different than what we've seen in the comics, Iron Man goes in and gets man-handled. Though I think quicker since the movie Iron Man is obviously weaker/less durable than in the comics.

bakerboy
About the iron monger thing, dont forget that the iron man suit wasnt at this full power during the battle . Jarvis himself said it, not eve at the 50% of his full power.

As i have said before, both movie versions are weaker than the comics version, and as i have said before, with good writting, it will be a good batle , with prbably the hulk winning in the end. But i think that tony has a main adventange, he is a genius and he can fly. The hulk cant fly and is dumb.

And iron man destroyed a tank too, and only with one missile.

bakerboy
One interesting thing is about the other side of these characters the next one, who is the greatest genius? Tony Stark or Bruce Banner? I would say that Banner owns in science and Tony owns in technology.

Toku King
Did you watch the movie? Because he did. When his father went into the rock, he lifted an enormous mass and tossed it.

They wouldn't do much.

Wait, what?

Anyways, Hulk takes this.

Robtard
Originally posted by Toku King
Wait, what?

Anyways, Hulk takes this.

Grammar error, meant to say "I did", obviously.

Toku King
Grammar error, meant to say "I did", obviously.

I'm talking about that father went into a rock thing. When did that happen?

Robtard
About the iron monger thing, dont forget that the iron man suit wasnt at this full power during the battle . Jarvis himself said it, not eve at the 50% of his full power.

As i have said before, both movie versions are weaker than the comics version, and as i have said before, with good writting, it will be a good batle , with prbably the hulk winning in the end. But i think that tony has a main adventange, he is a genius and he can fly. The hulk cant fly and is dumb.

And iron man destroyed a tank too, and only with one missile.

You're incredibly dense.

Iron Man's only viable chance is to stay far away, but if he can't kill, let alone harm/maim the Hulk, how could he possibly win?

Yea, that missile sure destroyed that tank. Hulk has taken harder hits in either movie and was barely slowed.

Robtard
Obvious to the poster, maybe.

If you followed the conversation, you would have seen the error for what it was.

Toku King
You're incredibly dense.

Why do you feel the need to insult him? Yeah, his standpoint is silly, but it's his opinion.

Toku King
If you followed the conversation, you would have seen the error for what it was.

I didn't mean that error. Read my edit.

Robtard
Why do you feel the need to insult him? Yeah, his standpoint is silly, but it's his opinion.

Because he is completely ignoring logic over and over again, ergo 'being dense.'

Toku King
Because he is completely ignoring logic over and over again, ergo 'being dense.'

Not really. He just doesn't know how to measure power levels.

Robtard
I didn't mean that error. Read my edit.

Did you watch the Ang Lee movie?

Blax_Hydralisk
Because that's the only way any progress ever gets made in the GDF. ermm

Robtard
Not really. He just doesn't know how to measure power levels.

We're taking about the movies which he's seen. If Hulk in the movie withstands bullets, tank shells, carpet bombing and various missiles, it isn't hard to conclude that Iron Man's weaponry in the movie wouldn't do much either. Logic, you know.

Blax_Hydralisk
BUT T3H PREPPP!!!!1111!11!!

Toku King

Oh! I thought you meant "Incredible Hulk"! My bad. embarrasment

bakerboy
About the rock thing, i think clearly that the rock wasnt about hundred of tons. It was some tons at much.

Lets see, I know how to measure powers, but the real problem is that the hulk's strengt in ang lee's movie is badly developed , and he looks so strong in one scene and not so strong in another. Bad writting.

But the conclussion of that, i still think that the hulk wins this one, but the main point of desagree is what iron man's weapons could do to the hulk. I think that he could do a lot on the hulk, iron man is too much versatile: missiles, bombs, granades, repulsor rays, sonics, etc.

Toku King

Oh! Sorry, I thought you meant "Incredible Hulk". My bad. embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
About the rock thing, i think clearly that the rock wasnt about hundred of tons. It was some tons at much.

Lets see, I know how to measure powers, but the real problem is that the hulk's strengt in ang lee's movie is badly developed , and he looks so strong in one scene and not so strong in another. Bad writting.

But the conclussion of that, i still think that the hulk wins this one, but the main point of desagree is what iron man's weapons could do to the hulk. I think that he could do a lot on the hulk, iron man is too much versatile: missiles, bombs, granades, repulsor rays, sonics, etc.

We've seen how ineffective missiles, bombs, guns and grenades are.

They even used Stark Enterprises sonic cannons on him and he kept comins.

-AC

bakerboy
Stark Enterprise sonic cannons? Are you talking about the ang lee's hulk or the new movie hulk???

Also, i think that the iron man's weapons werent normal weapons, but more powerful weapons. i mean, more powerful granades, missiles , etc. Also, we dont know how the hulk would handle iron man's repulsor rays

Alpha Centauri
Is this all about what you think in your mind, irrespective of what we share in reality?

-AC

bakerboy
Well, all of this is in our minds because we hardly could talk in real terms or real logic about characters like the hulk or iron man.

Alpha Centauri
Well you do seem to be set on deciding things with no indication.

Either way, damage or not, Iron Man wouldn't win.

-AC

bakerboy
Well you do seem to be set on deciding things with no indication.

Either way, damage or not, Iron Man wouldn't win.

-AC

Agree with your second part.

Darth Martin
From their recent movie incarnations Iron Man would probably win. Hulk never showed the ability to leap real high like Ang Lee's Hulk could. Although on the ground Hulk would demolish Iron Man but as long as Stark stays in the air he shouldn't have any problems.

Blax_Hydralisk
Iron Man has no weapons that can put the Hulk down.

So Iron Man will fly around trying to put the Hulk down, and as soon as he lands for fuel or whatever he'll get ripped to shreds.

Darth Martin
Yea Iron Man's weapons won't do much to Hulk but all he has to do is fly somewhere for fuel.

Alpha Centauri
And then it's not a fight, is it?

-AC

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>