the lightsaber fact or fiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pgdarth95
this thred is for the conversation of facts and opinions about lightsabers

pgdarth95
i need more info on the lightsaber and the components in one

pgdarth95
whistle hello any one there

Darth Exodus
The components of a lightsaber are: The Handle (Metal bit)
A Crystal of unknown propeties
A very powerful battery (powercell)
And a focusing lens ( V important)

I don't know why you need a crystal but the focusing lens is needed to focus the energy in the battery into a beam of certain length. How it does this is beyond me though.

Oh, and obviously you need a strong metal (that won't melt) handle to hold it.

Lord Knightfa11
play kotor II you tard and find out.

I voted wtfh is a lightsaber? >smile

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
The components of a lightsaber are: The Handle (Metal bit)
A Crystal of unknown propeties
A very powerful battery (powercell)
And a focusing lens ( V important)

I don't know why you need a crystal but the focusing lens is needed to focus the energy in the battery into a beam of certain length. How it does this is beyond me though.

Oh, and obviously you need a strong metal (that won't melt) handle to hold it.

For the crystal you need either Plutonium or Uranium. And for those crystals to work properly, you need something to ignite it. I hear the results are explosive! blowup

pgdarth95
still how would you get the laser to bounce back to the hilt and not melt it and if it is so simple why hasent any one done it yet no expression

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by pgdarth95
this thred is for the conversation of facts and opinions about lightsabers

i need more info on the lightsaber and the components in one

HMM.Not sure if I can help... laughing laughing

Blue_Hefner
still how would you get the laser to bounce back to the hilt and not melt it and if it is so simple why hasent any one done it yet no expression

just get the Plutonium or Uranium first. I'll tell everything else after you get that.

Lord Knightfa11
-----|---------------------------|
^high power laser emmiter/2 way mirror lenz
^handle ^ mirror

This is the plans for a laser cutter.

Schwarzenegger
still how would you get the laser to bounce back to the hilt and not melt it and if it is so simple why hasent any one done it yet no expression And just who the hell wants to build a lightsaber in real life when we already have hi tech weapons?

Lord Knightfa11
exactly what i was thinking about. Sure a lightsaber is all fine and dandy when you have huge worn out looking weapons that shoot a bright, shiny bullet that moves so slow that a paraphalegic retard could dodge them in a heartbeat, much less a talented wizard deflect them with an indestructable baseball bat. But when you have a dark, heavy bullet that breaks the soundbarrier, an indestructable stick is not going to do you much good. Think about it. Might as well get rid of the whole idea unless you are a lumberjack and you are okay, and you need something that will chop down trees with amaizing heat and possibly set fire to all of canada.

Tangible God
i need more info on the lightsaber and the components in one Why? Play KoTOR II or go to Wookiepedia and indulge your curiosity.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
exactly what i was thinking about. Sure a lightsaber is all fine and dandy when you have huge worn out looking weapons that shoot a bright, shiny bullet that moves so slow that a paraphalegic retard could dodge them in a heartbeat, much less a talented wizard deflect them with an indestructable baseball bat. But when you have a dark, heavy bullet that breaks the soundbarrier, an indestructable stick is not going to do you much good. Think about it. Might as well get rid of the whole idea unless you are a lumberjack and you are okay, and you need something that will chop down trees with amaizing heat and possibly set fire to all of canada.

Lightsabers don't give off heat, do they, or else Obi-Wan would have died when Annie was choking him in ROTS?

Lord Knightfa11
well they melt through steel so...

Tangible God
The energy of the blade melts solid matter when it comes into contact with it. The superconducting loop is broken briefly, burns a whole through, and continues.

Lord Knightfa11
well imagine if you used it on trees
it would burn the tree. And then you would burn all of canada. All the more reason to invent it LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMkV7VyPns&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ontario+sux&hl=en&sitesearch=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vxDDcTc64c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUI8k-Z0PM&feature=related

I hearby rename this to the canadian bashing thread and give it a new topic and purpose. Bash and make fun of canadians.

Tangible God
I'd join in, but every insult I can think of is old news.

Lord Knightfa11
lmao

Captain REX
All this information can be found on other websites and is all fictional; no real lightsabers can be built.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.