Punisher War Journal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Talk about the ongoing series here..

i don't mind this series myself and yes i know its not exactly the best one around it could be alot better when it comes to the art

Got #18 today

What was the deal with the Jigsaw one minute his face is perfect and then next its back to the way it was during that torture scene or did that police officer from couple of issues back was also there ?

got a bit confusing during that torture scene.

Phantom Zone
Haven't got that far yet.

Darth Vicious
I liked it at the beggining but dropped it after he started using that lame variation of the Captain America suit. Now the art is too horrendous for me to pick it up.

jumpmann
Yeah been kind of going downhill lately, can't say I recommend it with Garth Ennis writing Punisher.

Darth Vicious
They shouldve left The Punisher alone. This new title wasnt necessary. They shouldve done it as a mini series.

Scoobless
The current art is about the worst I've ever seen .... but it's Chaykin so you have to expect that.

sad

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Scoobless
The current art is about the worst I've ever seen .... but it's Chaykin so you have to expect that.

sad

Chaykin, nuff said. Somebody should just tell him to work for DC or something and stay the **** out of Marvel.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Chaykin, nuff said. Somebody should just tell him to work for DC or something and stay the **** out of Marvel.

Yea i've heard the same about chaykin myself got told his art was 10x better back in the 80's.

Originally posted by jumpmann
can't say I recommend it with Garth Ennis writing Punisher.

Not for long tho

Kazenji
Taking back what i said about this series "i don't mind this series myself"

Thinking of dropping this series I don't really like the matt fraction and chaykin team and going by the reviews over at review busters it does'nt get better after #18 keeps going down hill. I may come back to it "if" it gets better but until then i'm going to get the rest of the punisher MAX trades.

Phantom Zone
Ok ok, I know this could be old news but has anyone read Punisher War journal 15?

Did anyone see the fight between Punisher and Kraven The Hunter.....god damn!

Kazenji
That story was a good one, One of the better stories from this series.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Kazenji
That story was a good one, One of the better stories from this series.

Damn straight. I also read 16 and 17 cant say I like the artwork much but I thought the stories were good, doesn't have to be about violence.

Im going to get the other issues because the taskforce that GW Bridge sets up is interesting especially with Domino being part of it.

Kazenji
I'll be happy when the crappy Jigsaw story ends as much as i like that villain

and hopefully the series gets better.

jgiant
Fraction is slowly destroying the character in the 616 universe. I stopped picking this one up when i read the issue with spiderman and rino, fraction made frank look like a jackass. And the art currently is vomit inducing.

Kazenji
Fraction needs to go back and have a look at the older punisher comic series (1987 - 1995) and see what made them good even that series had action in and punisher killing people maybe not as graphic as the MAX Series but he still killed people

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by jgiant
Fraction is slowly destroying the character in the 616 universe. I stopped picking this one up when i read the issue with spiderman and rino, fraction made frank look like a jackass. And the art currently is vomit inducing.

I didnt have a problem with that issue but I was kinda on how Spiderman dealt with him.

Chaykin still there?

Kazenji
Well the last part for the story comes out in september, Hopefully Chaykin pisses off .

llagrok
I heard some rumours about Frank performing surgery on himself again.

Kazenji
wonder if he'll become an african american again.

Phantom Zone
wonder if he'll become an african american again.

Its ok the poster (llagrok) is making an indirect dig at me through his post, nothing to do with the series.

jgiant
I didnt have a problem with that issue but I was kinda on how Spiderman dealt with him.

Chaykin still there? Franks characterization was all wrong, it was like he was a character in a poorly written Spiderman comic.

Kazenji
I liked the WWH thing tie-in they did with this series with him going around with the two chainsaws

theres a secret invasion tie-in for this series i'll check out see if its anygood.

manjaro
with the SI tie in, since he'll be gunning against super skrulls i hope he breaks out that venom suit again

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by manjaro
with the SI tie in, since he'll be gunning against super skrulls i hope he breaks out that venom suit again

That would be cool.

Kazenji
I notice theres another Punisher: War Zone coming started up in december under the Marvel Knights line, Ennis and Dillion teaming back up.

Phantom Zone

Kazenji
Anyone got the War Journal Annual thats just came out ?

have'nt got it myself but going by a review its great.

Phantom Zone
Anyone got the War Journal Annual thats just came out ?

have'nt got it myself but going by a review its great.

27? Im up to 26.

Kazenji
27? Im up to 26.

No. Not a War Journal issue.... "War Journal Annual"

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10165

Phantom Zone
No. Not a War Journal issue.... "War Journal Annual"

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=10165

LOL sorry. Haven't read it yet, its looks like its mean't to be really humourous.

Battlehammer
I havent had the chances to read the last few how were they

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Battlehammer
I havent had the chances to read the last few how were they

last few what issue are you up to. Id say its good but Chaykin is ruining it a bit. Some of Factions dialogue and script suck a bit.

Kazenji
Fractions needs to hand it over to someone else and as for chaykin he just needs to piss off.

Phantom Zone
I thought the annual was great. When you read the issue you actually see why the cover was that way. Theres a very good reason.

Fractions needs to hand it over to someone else

Nah man its cool. Im not sure what your beef with Fraction is though....that a cool surname you know.

and as for chaykin he just needs to piss off.

Somebody at marvel.com said that Chaykin needs to work for DC laughing

Phantom Zone
Anyone get the lasst issue is it any good?

Kazenji

Nah man its cool. Im not sure what your beef with Fraction is though....that a cool surname you know.

I have'nt got that much of a problem with Fraction, War Journal started off good but its just the recent stuff with that crap Jigsaw storyline they just butched him

I've got told he's a good writer just a bad artist.

Phantom Zone
I have'nt got that much of a problem with Fraction, War Journal started off good but its just the recent stuff with that crap Jigsaw storyline they just butched him

Meh was it that bad? I think I see what you mean though. Have you got the PWJ annual yet, its pretty good.

Kazenji
Yea i got that Annual that was great and also weird.

Phantom Zone
Yea i got that Annual that was great and also weird.

Yeah lol. It was kinda dark as well.

Kazenji
So is issue #26 the last one for this war journal series ?

Phantom Zone
So is issue #26 the last one for this war journal series ?

I havent got that one yet....any good?

Kazenji
I too have'nt got it, But i saw on one of these comic review sites said its the last one unless they've got their info wrong.

Phantom Zone
Uh duh....just read your post again...dont know why I asked you wether you had it. embarrasment

Yeah as far as I know 26 is the last one, and its got no Chaykin in it hurrah!

Wade Wilson
EDIT: wrong thread, sorry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.