Achilles vs Leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Agamennon knows not to piss off the Spartans, since he and his brother knows them by their reputation and their love for battle.

However, Achilles defies Agamennon's orders and heads to Sparta alone. The son of the goddess Thestis wants to fight the Spartan King Leonidas in a honorable duel.

In Sparta, Achiiles encounters Queen Gorgo and with respect, asks if he can challenge to Spartan King to a duel of swords and spears. When Leonidas hears about the challenge, his blood is ablaze as he grabs his sword, spear and shield, eager for this battle between a warrior as legendary as Achilles.

This battle can only be won by KO.

ragesRemorse
Achillies, he was the greatest warrior the world has ever known.

Impediment
If he was so great, then why did he get killed by a damn arrow to the ankle?

Why didn't his mother immerse him all the way into the River Styx rather than just to his foot?

eek!

Combat_Guru
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Agamennon knows not to piss off the Spartans, since he and his brother knows them by their reputation and their love for battle.

However, Achilles defies Agamennon's orders and heads to Sparta alone. The son of the goddess Thestis wants to fight the Spartan King Leonidas in a honorable duel.

In Sparta, Achilles encounters Queen Gorgo and with respect, asks if he can challenge to Spartan King to a duel of swords and spears. When Leonidas hears about the challenge, his blood is ablaze as he grabs his sword, spear and shield, eager for this battle between a warrior as legendary as Achilles.

This battle can only be won by KO.

Ok, Agamemnon rules Sparta before Leonidas does.

Anyways if there was a duel between the two movie characters,

Leonidas was quite a brutal individual, in his prime he was by far the best fighter of the 300, but the way he fought was completely deferent from how Achilles fights.

From what I've seen, Achilles is a wussy who never got manhandled, Leonidas seemingly never got mad, but had a secret side that when you pissed him off, he'd show a clever and suppressed anger, "Madness? This is Sparta!" "You don't know our wemon, perhaps I should have marched them up here from what I've seen." And right before he died he pretty much told Xerxes to kiss his ass.

Achilles was very emotional, and didn't have a clever anger, but a disoriented anger, when his Patriclus died he didn't know who the bad guy was, and focused his rage on Hector, Leonidas keeps a cool and smart anger, he knows who he should be mad at.

That being said, Leonidas got scratched and battle scarred, broken and bruised, but kept coming back for more, where as Achilles never had a single scratch on his flesh, no one could touch Achilles, Achilles put little effort into fighting, and Leonidas put a lot of effort into fighting, Achilles is the sort that doesn't need to try, that doesn't need a lesson to win, and Leonidas is. Which means that Achilles is an adapt fighter, he is quick to think in the moment, but never looks past, he focuses everything he has, he puts all of his attention into fighting, to the point where he doesn't know who he's fighting, and doesn't care.

Achilles would plow through Leonidas like butter.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Combat_Guru
Ok, Agamemnon rules Sparta before Leonidas does.

I know. I just got a flar for being dramatic whenver I write.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Impediment
If he was so great, then why did he get killed by a damn arrow to the ankle?

Why didn't his mother immerse him all the way into the River Styx rather than just to his foot?

eek!

because he had to have a weakness laughing out loud

Bardock42
Achilles.

WrathfulDwarf
Brad Pitt sucks....Leonidas ftw.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Combat_Guru
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Yes, Achilles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Leonidas>Brad Pitt.

celestialdemon
In a one on one battle, Achilles would destroy Leonidas.

Combat_Guru
Originally posted by celestialdemon
In a one on one battle, Achilles would destroy Leonidas.

I can't think of any non-super human who could beat Movie Achilles in a one on one sword fight.

Except maybe, in a long shot, Altair.

Achilles is a certain level of fighter not to be ****ed with.

Combat_Guru
I was suprised that real people had the knowledge and understanding of sword and shield fighting to come up with what Achilles did.

He was unstoppable, he follows many rules that Wrestlers need to be national champs, he strategized to the point where he didn't use much strength, hell I don't know if he had strength, because he was never put to the test. He didn't think about anything but his next move, he followed perfect action reaction harmony, 'Wow, that didn't work, lets see what this does'

there was always a next move for him, when I wrestle, I know there's something to do to avoid a move, but I can't think of it, Achilles can.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.