nuclear winter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pgdarth95
what is nuc. winter and is ther a nuc. summer

Bicnarok
The nuclear summer is rather short, the heat wave which melts and turns stuff into dust. The winter is whats afterwards, when all the dust is in the air blocking the sunlight out, causing it to become rather cold.

But when you concider global warming and all that, maybe there could be a prolonged nuclear summer, if the right amount of bombs go off to put the right amount of dust in the atmosphere maybe a greenhouse effect would happen making it warm all year round.

This of course would mess the weather up a bit and make things interesting to say the least

ragesRemorse
google

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by pgdarth95
what is nuc. winter and is ther a nuc. summer

Nuclear winter is for the survivors. Nuclear summer is for those who do not survive.

Mindship
Nuclear Fall: Why Humanity fell.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Nuclear Fall: Why Humanity fell.

Would nuclear spring be the rockets leaving the launch tubes?

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Would nuclear spring be the rockets leaving the launch tubes?
http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070115/070105_genesis_hLarge.hlarge.jpg

Ah, the bloom of fire and metal...

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship
http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070115/070105_genesis_hLarge.hlarge.jpg

Ah, the bloom of fire and metal...

Oh how the cries of the women and children sting my ears as phallic destruction rains upon their heads.

Bicnarok

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bicnarok
The nuclear summer is rather short, the heat wave which melts and turns stuff into dust.

That got a laugh outta me laughing out loud

big gay kirk
Ecce qui tollis peccata mundi.....

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That got a laugh outta me laughing out loud

If I can make one person laugh everyday, thats good for my karma Happy Dance

AngryManatee

dadudemon
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Actually that's only with the old fission bombs. Modern nukes only use a fission device as an implosion fuse to start a fusion reaction.

http://www.johnsheliak.com/Animations/h_fusion-ani.gif

I'm fairly sure that the bombs developed in places like Korea are fisson bombs and the low yeild bombs, which are plenty, are still fission bombs.

I'm not for sure...but I think only the "big boys" have hydrogen bombs.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm fairly sure that the bombs developed in places like Korea are fisson bombs and the low yeild bombs, which are plenty, are still fission bombs.

I'm not for sure...but I think only the "big boys" have hydrogen bombs.

That's true for teh koreans, but even our tactical nukes like the b61 are thermonuclear, even for 0.3 kt yield. It's a much cleaner bomb than a comparable full fission bomb of the same yield.

AngryManatee
What I find to be most frightening though is that apparently we have the ability to create bombs today that are comparable to Tsar Bomba (50 mt) but in a deployable package, which is ridiculous.

Grand_Moff_Gav
I suppose you'd rather have your vacation during Nuclear Winter...

ibm1000
what do you mean???????????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.